Was he a good actor or just "quirky"

Was he a good actor or just "quirky"

he played the same character every time. basically a 20th century Benedict Cumberpatch

i'm older than most of you but i wasnt really able to take robin williams seriously for decades. he did a cameo of himself on mork and mindy and it was so far up its own ass it was like charlie kaufman levels of meta. this was like twenty years before the world was used to garbage like being john malkovich and synechdoche ny

then i accidentally saw him in the final cut and one hour photo and i was very impressed. watched some other shit like bicentennial man and hook, he really had a great acting range for someone who spent so many years in comedy.

i think it took him a really long time to mature but when he did he turned into a terrific actor.

i liked him in the peter pan movie and bicentennial man
other than that, he was generally a bit obnoxious

Oldfag here, also. Have to agree with you. One Hour Photo was probably his least "him" movie I've seen, though I did like him in The Fisher King.

My dad always called Williams a "freak", so I'll go with the latter.

he didn't seem that obnoxious to me in jumanji or dps

I think he was a good actor who took the roles he needed to in order to make a buck. He was asked in some magazine years ago, around the time Insomnia came out I think, about his shift in genre roles. He said it was just survival, he had a family and he wanted the best for that family, so he would act in whatever would allow that.

t. butthurt christcuck

The punchline is that World's Greatest Dad was his most influential role for his final act on earth.

do you think they'll make a sequel called world's greatest son?

I have literally never heard of this man before.

You don't know how funny that is considering how his character's son dies.

He's the feared mastermind behind the evil misogynistic hacker organization known as GabbleGobbler who carry on his legacy. For a while that was mandatory knowledge to view this website until the traitor known as Hitman, the assassin on wheels, changed the rules forever and disappeared into the void of a philipino boipussy. Know him, and you too will gain his sacred wisdom.

That actually makes me very sad. He was a good actor and a good man.

If you watch some of his serious movies, he's actually pretty good. I liked What Deams May Come.

You don't think Bentdick Cummysnatch is a well rounded actor?
Me neither

Is that the one where he went into the painting itself?

He's always in some trippy movie.

Yes, but that's a pretty small part of the movie. That's between when he's a 'ghost' and when he gets to heaven. The bulk of the movie is his Infernoesque trip through hell to find his wife.

Why was he always typecast into comedies despite not being funny?

he was even worse at other genres

I find him good, however i never found him funny, fucking depressing actually, my opinion is not influenced by the circumstance of his death, he genuinely carried doom on his shoulders in everything he has played in.

No he sucked because I desperately need to look cool, edgy and contrarian PLEASE VALIDATE ME!

Go watch One Hour Photo.
Cemented him as 10/10 for me

why post that awful pic from Holla Forums here?

way better actor than he was a comic imo, but it was probably the coke, cokeheads are fucking annoying and the stand up of his ive seen was all in that manic vein, I think he calmed down with the nosecandy later

Do you know where you are?

>>>/bdsm/

Holla Forums

I liked him in Good Will Hunting but maybe the character was just written well.

Either autistic or just a cuck tbh.

Not really, he got a really bad divorce with a fugly bitch and much like our boy brendan he was stuck paying millions in alimony

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if he anhero'd because his accountant told him he was about to go broke

He was also a degenerate with a history of abusing drugs which led to his parkinsons which even resulted in a rare form of dementia that is mutually exclusive to parkinsons.

Probably, but his alimony problem is confirmed user

Getting JUSTed doesn't negate that he wanted what was best for his family. Taking whatever roles that would result in the highest amount of cash for his kids is what a good parent does.

To be honest, the only dead actors I really miss are him, Rik Mayall and Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Reportedly, he was paying a total of $30 million to TWO ex-wives in alimony. Brendan has it easy is comparison.

how fucking stupid do you have to be not to learn from the first time?

Is it true he raped his daughter?

Was a punchline before killing himself