Poor sales = SEXISM

It's not that women rush to enter dying industries… or that female creators at the big two aren't even trying… uh… no… it's… uh… sexism… maybe… somehow? Yeah! Women are perfect, it must be the Illuminati… uh… I mean patrickarchie.

archive.is/vH98C

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2011/06/you_are_followers_of_the_juche_philosophy_so_i_can_put_my_trust_in_you.html
blogs.piie.com/nk/?p=11822
blog.crystal-knights.co.uk/2015/08/30/peeps-at-foreign-comics-comics-from-north-korea/
archive.is/ou5V1
archive.is/gzZ3Z
archive.is/AXiKU
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/coincidence-detector/hldnghbakgkgeocjllocmpobpppkfepo?hl=en-US
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep…..must be sexism and not the crappy writing.

I really have nothing to say about this. We all know that comics have been going to shit for decades, so there's no fucking point addressing their stupid conspiracy theory.

They should at least make it entertaining by blaming failing comic sales on something more ridiculous, like a mad deadly gangster computer god on the darkside of the moon or NASA planning to usher in the new world order with holograms.

Ah, but see, if they had that much imagination to begin with they'd probably be writing stories worth reading instead of thinly disguised, whiny SJW preaching.

No shit. Women usually go after safe and easy jobs. If the job is safe and easy, then there's less risk, thus you don't need the incentive of higher pay.

Of course, this has no bearing on comics, since Western comics have been circling the toilet for a decade now. If women are coming into it expecting riches and glory, they're fucking stupid.

FTFY. Let's be honest, none of the fuckers working at Marvel are Hiromu Arakawa. They don't have any fucking interest in the action genre. They're just Sailor Moon hipsters.

You can't expect Soc-Jus to know the truth.

They only care about the aesthetic of that series and nothing more, they could never actually replicate Sailor Moon in any meaningful capacity especially since they only remember the heavily edited localized version Toonami aired.

Also
This is like the perfect example against the articles point.
Why is it that Japan can have an abundance of women working in the manga/anime industry and be successful while western women can't?

Also maybe if they came up with better female characters than maybe just maybe more women would buy comics.

Because it's an actual business? There's more opportunities for female cartoonists in Japan than there are in the West. They can get their work picked up by any number of manga publishers.

It's not just women either. Both Felipe Smith and Paul Pope also were picked up by Japanese publishers. Having a healthy and thriving industry can go a long way toward diversity.

Just as long as they're blond, blue eyed white girls.

Hell, you don't even have to include the moniker "better"; if fucking Ant-man made bank, no idea is beneath the public.

They just need to create some actual independent female characters: meaning new girls that have actual identities all their own instead of just having washed-out former love interests dress up as pink-dyed stand-ins for established male characters that only last one story arc.

Ant Man only made money because people are fucking idiots who will pay money to see anything from Marvel Studios.

Really ?

Not to mention that simple supply and demand dictates that if supply increases and there's no matching rise in demand, prices go down.

This is what literally fucking everyone has been saying with regards to "diversity" in comics since the fucking invention of that word.
Nobody wants black Spider-man because it's a literal re-skin of an established character, especially since actual black characters like Static Shock and Black Panther exist.

Yes and No. Felipe Smith was the only one that was actually published. His comic, Peepo Choo, was published in Kondasha's manga magazine "Morning 2" in 2008. Tumblr thought the comic was racist against blacks, completely oblivious to it's creator's ethnicity.

Pope spent five years working for same publisher, learning the craft, but his comic, Supertrouble, never got published. That was back in 1993 and he has a lot of interesting stories about it.

lolwut?

Is this a fucking joke?

Pfffffffffft

Fucking idiots. I swear, it's a wonder they can use computers at all.

It's like they suddenly realized they're the wetbacks of the entertainment industry.

So they came into a male dominated field, fucked everything up to the point where the industry is on it's death bed waiting for someone to pull the plug and they wonder why things aren't going their way?

TOP FUCKING KEK

Why does Gwenpool even exist?

Who thought lets cross Gwen Stacy and Spider-Gwen? with Deadpool? At least the "unbelievable" title is certainly fitting.

So, when do we get IronGwen? or Captain Gwen? or GwenWidow? or GwenHulk?, or GwenThor? or GwenRider (GhostGwen)? or Gwenverine?, or Machine Gwen? or Gwenisher?…..

Because pandering to meme fags is what Marvel does now.

More like they all thought they were going to be amazingly successful in North Korea. Comics were already in poor shape when they came in. They just ignored the warning signs in their quest for recognition.

You laugh, but Marvel had entire month of variants just like that.

She started out as variant cover for Deadpool's secret wars thing. Tumblr caught on to it, fanart started getting made, then cosplay. Next thing you know, even Deadpool cosplayer that pulls wacky hijinks on various cons and puts it on youtube gets a Gwenpool sidekick.

Marvel noticed the popularity, and since they are getting desperate, Gwenpool got a series now. Hopefully she will be the one to win a title of "Female Deadpool" and Squirrel Girl will get discarded and forgotten (shouldn't be too hard, due to better art and even reddit and tumblr slowly getting sick of shitty art). Maybe Spider-Gwen will go away as well, as to not confuse people. If that happens, it's just a matter o time before SJWs decry her as "Ms. Male Character" archetype and Marvel will end up with nothing.

Funny story, North Korea actually has better comics than anything these SJW pricks can spout.

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2011/06/you_are_followers_of_the_juche_philosophy_so_i_can_put_my_trust_in_you.html

blogs.piie.com/nk/?p=11822

blog.crystal-knights.co.uk/2015/08/30/peeps-at-foreign-comics-comics-from-north-korea/

Why does it always come back to Tumblr?

Usually "women's jobs" dont pose the same health- and safety risks male jobs do. Yet if a woman enters those fields she gets paid the same amount.

The only problem about wage gap seems to be in the very top position which is apparently all the feminists care about and just shun the fact theyre not oppressed, theyre just unwilling to work in any actual job like paving roads or working in abattoirs.

honestly. It's the bad writing and unknown names that put people off and that's not including the SJW's who write them and the forced messages they put in.

You tell me a famous female writer is writing a comic? cool, I'll buy it.
You tell me a whiny nobody moron who only got the job from whining is "writing" a comic that will insult me? Yeah no thanks

Even the quote "famous" female writers are trash. So really it's a lose lose situation for them.

I don't want to be that guy but the link you posted doesn't say anything about poor sales, it actually says that they are selling well.
what are you talking about exactly, OP?

What the author of that article believes and what is actually happening in reality are very different things.

I'd fucking love a superhero story where the bad guy was a powerful AI modeled on Al Capone with a hidden moon base.

Call it Al Computone.

I couldn't give a shit what happens to them at this point. They all scream diversity diversity diversity and yet none of them buy comics. Sensational Wonder Woman flopped and got shitcanned. FemThor is FLOPPING. Squirrel Girl is FLOPPING. Hellcat is FLOPPING. Spider-Woman is FLOPPING. Not because they're women, but because they're just shit characters presented in a shit way with shit stories. The disproportionate number of female comic book readers ("comic book readers" not "comic fans" since "comic fan" nowadays means essentially seeing two Marvel movies maybe) are too savvy to pick up a new series on the flimsy reasoning of "Hey, it has a woman as the star! Crazy, right?!" and the majority male comic book reader is too savvy to be bullied by the cheap guilt ploy of "Hey, if you don't give it a chance, you're sexist!"

The only audience this appeals to is people who reblog the covers to either complain how sexy the girl is or to say just how so so important that Sam is Captain America now because there are no black people in comic books. Mister Terrific wasn't in a movie so I have no idea who that is nor will I ever. And those types of people are irrelevant fairweather fans. And once the movie craze dies down like it has been doing so, once the comic money's gone, Marvel will come crawling back. But I highly doubt anyone is going to welcome them back after they disregarded the actual fanbase so quickly in order to appeal to the t-shirt hipster crowd. Fuck 'em.

Works particularly well with typefaces where you can't tell the difference between I and l.

Yeah that works really well. In fact, forget Comuptone.

AI Capone, AKA "Typeface."

Why not make that shit yourself?

Because I'm a piece of shit with no talent of any kind.

That's where you're fucking wrong, shitface. I know you can do it if you took your hand off your dick and use that talent you got locked inside of you.

I've always thought that women who read comics don't really give a shit about female protagonists. Rather, they want more MALE protagonists, preferably ones that are ripped and have nice asses.

It's kind of funny, isn't it? By trying to pander to women, they are circling back around and insulting them with this simple minded shit.

>Shut up! Girls don't want all that crimefighting stuff! They want EMPOWERMENT

I'm sorry, but wasn't the point of bringing in all these shit writers to bring in more readers? I mean that is why DC and Marvel kicked their old audience to the curb, so that you would bring in a newer/younger audience. If these female writers fail to do the job they were hired to do, then why are they expecting get more pay for the job they failed to accomplish? I don't blame them for the current state of comics, well not the declining sales, (the horrible writing is their fault), the S. S. Comics was sinking long before they came along. Honestly, I have no idea what Marvel or DC can do to fix their industry, even if they started publishing 50 page comics again with great writers, artists who understand anatomy, and Frank Cho drawing all the covers.

Why not post the whole interview, user?

You forgot about token gay friend.
The real kicker is, that these stereotypical girly things are written by women themselves. Women that consider themselves a progressive, nonconformist, and non traditional. I would take 6 Gail Simones over one Kate Leth.

You take that shit back. Simone is just as bad if not worse.

Step 1: do what Square Enix (they're actually a very large manga publisher) and every webcomic does: Digital ad supported first, with collected volumes published latter.
Step 2: Publish a greater variety of comics than just superhero story. You can keep them in the DC universe with the odd cameo (and DC actually did this back when they were Detective Comics). Gotham Academy is a good start (and apparently has done decently well).

They'll never be a dominant

I can see DC trying it (they're already doing reprint collections

When May had her stupid highschool shit it was always about how it related to her hero life (and not just her secret identity). They figured out how to do it two decades ago.

Y' know, Gail kinda stated all this crap…

Meant to say that they will never be a dominant industry again, but they won't bleed money and exist purely as IP farms.

I can see DC trying it (they're already going to collected volumes, which is a good idea), but Marvel seems so far up their own ass and sucking up the movie bubble they'd never do it.

Also they need cute girls doing cute things for Nipponese artists to make lewd shit of.

Because that segment was most relevant to our discussion

I feel like women in the manga industry make manga for women, while women in the comics industry put women in comics for men and then complain that women are not reading it.

Alright, alright. I got it the first time :^)

Well, the second page is just brutal. All I really knew Gail from before that was her Secret Sex run and bitching on twitter and blogs, but that Batgirl page is just atrocious. I would still take Gail Simone over Kate Leth, Since her Secret Six was fun at first.

Forgive me, but what is the name of that first comic? There was a story time several months ago that I put myself through and I remember that it was from that. It had a gay demon boy, a sassy chick with problem glasses, and black nerd. Thats all I remember.

The Movement I think

The Movement

Yeah, now. But Simone's Secret Six was good, maybe her Birds of Prey (the first time, not the second time) too.

Kate Leth has never made anything good.

This, you need to suck a lot before you git gud, but once you get there, you can do your stuff

Nice edit, user.

It's like they know

I typically hate being an arrogant shit, but it really is next to impossible to not feel a smug sense of superiority to people like that.

Would the second video game crash will be blame on sexist cis white males too?

what. every image I think of any librarian is a female one.

get's me every single time.
what the fuck has her being a tranny got to do with any of that shit whatsoever.
fuck me.

So Lucifer, Sandman, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing Vertigo kind of deal?
I'm down with that.

worst thing is when the author turns cucked half way through a run you're reading.

This reminds me of Cisbusters for some reason. All those people screaming sexism think they can shame people not interested into watching that shite.

The thing is, even if a woman does everything equal or better to a man, there's still that constant threat of pregnancy. Nobody up top likes having their prized workers randomly go on 1-3 year breaks.

Yes, if a crash does happen in any medium it isn't going to be industry leaders and creators going
It is going to be

Didnt the retailers say that stuff like that are the top sellers while people are ditching the traditional capes in droves?

Found it:

archive.is/ou5V1

Have to keep denying reality and figure out a scapegoat for why you wont have any customers, yeah.

It pisses me off that western females bitch about how the industry is there, but in Japan, a far more conservative country, the riches woman for quite a while was the mangaka behind Inuyasha/Ranma½/Urusei Yatsura, Rumiko Takahashi.

And bunch of hacks, these fuck, nothing else.

Tell me this is a parody article and not a real one.

Ah, who am I kidding. England is dead.

I blame the scotts

Gail Simone is a fucking untouchable bitch. If you dare critcize her in public, her fanbase will torn you a new one. Kath Leth ain't got such a protection.

That's because Rumiko Takahashi doesn't delude herself or others into thinking that manga needs "STRONK WEMEN". She draws fucking soap operas and teenage girls eat them up. She knows what women like to read because she isn't in denial of her own desires.

Not to mention manga is a very big thing in Japan. Japan is the #1 comic-crazy country in the world simply because they have comics targeted towards everyone and theyre everywhere.

So tapping to the japanese equivalent of a Twilight/50 shades of grey audience with your romance mangas can be quite profitable.

this shit really flys as "journalism" nowadays?

Oh yeah? Well, the Scots blame you!
Why?
I'm… not sure.
They just hate the English/non-Scots.

Glaswegian here.

Okay, someone please tell me what the fuck is up with the triple brackets that have been appearing all over the place. I asked on Holla Forums and all I got was some cryptic comment about Chrome. Is this Google's way of memeing their shitty browser to number 1, by forcing people to use it if they want to see the pretty effects?

I blame the Welsh.

Fucking sheep fuckers

Friendly reminder that these cunts are ruining comics and are getting a free pass because of their vags.

BTW Erica Henderson might be getting fired from Jughead because she was so terrible she was several times worse than post-DeCarlo Archie Comics artists.

A partnership with Konami makes a big difference, but Rumiko is one of the most successful female manga-ka in history. Urusei Yatsura, Ranma, and Inu Yasha made her a mountain of money.

Pretty sure they're not related.

Doesn't this people hate japan for being terrible misogynistic? Meanwhile women in japan makes millions selling their manga while women in america are making comic companies lose money.

Dude…

It's because feminist content is not appealing to women.

There is the problem, they are not making products for women, they are getting products for men and plastering women in it. Then they complain about women not buying it while at the same time losing the male market it already had.

If the comics industry actually made comics for women, we would get romance and mexican soap opera kinds of comics. But that would be mysoginistic. I mean… why women in the west are so afraid of admiting they like girly stuff?

It's like people forcing their daughters to play with legos to grow up and be a engineer, while what she really wants is to play with dolls and be a princess.

Even if they did make comics aimed at women, feminists will still cry about gender stereotypes because their entire movement was founded on bitching about pointless shit.

Japan is a very equal and fair society. Everyone suffers equally.

But the reason Feminists hate Japan is because they can have a very balanced society while maintaining traditionalist cultural values. This means that no wave of feminism can take credit for the state of Japan. They don't get to pat themselves on their vaginas for Japan's accomplishments, but they don't get to feel like they are fighting in any meaningful way for social justice in Japan either.

If feminism was at all what it says it is, then they'd be happy for Japan. Instead, they are bitter, angry, hateful cunts who just want all the glory and money for shit they had nothing to do with.

No one seens to cry about 50 shades and Twillight.

Some do, but for some reason, they can never complain long enough.. But video games where you can kill people? Now there's something worth never shutting up about!

That's what pisses me off, you know? Japan is actually a great place for women when it comes to comics and video games. You actually have a huge female market there, women making products for women. This "comics/video games is a male only market that needs to open up for women" is a western concept, yet big names in feminism talk like Japan is some kind of islamic state where it's illegal to resist rape.

Not sure if you're joking or not but Rumiko and Kazuki aren't related. Takahashi's a very common name in Japan, in fact it's the third most common name after Sato and Suzuki

I really want to hate-fuck them and dump them on a trash can after I am done.

Gail looks like someone I would try to avoid during parties…

Nigger what's wrong with you?

Kate Leth won't fuck you unless you're a horse or a married man with cancer.

In their minds Japan can't have successful female presence.
If they admit it does then it means there's nothing stopping them here, and then they have to come to terms with the fact that their inadequacy is their own fault.

It's an inside joke among Holla Forumsacks that was started by Morrakiu's Merchant Minute videos where there's an echo effect every time he says a Jewish name/something the Jews control. So the three parentheses are meant to meant to replicate the sound of an echo in text form.

I blame Argentina

The left-wing site Urban 75 (which made it to the front page of some UK newspapers once, after the London police chief posted on there) has been using (((((USERNAME))))) to represent hugs for 15 years or so

did someone say Homestuck Kismesissitude?
'cus I just heard someone say Homestuck Kismesissitude.

couldn't find much in link apart from Swamp Thing but I'm not surprised.
I've moved on to vertigo in a big way recently, not because I don't enjoy capes or the like but because all the creative talent is there or was there.

I could pick up some Bendis shit, shit? or Jason Aaron's magical adventures of sexism.
Or I could pick up some Moore Swamp Thing or Lucifer or Hellblazer and be thinking about it for the next 2 weeks

to be fair it was about games in general before the card stuff. It just seems fans enjoyed the card stuff a lot more.
Don't think they're related.
Huh she wrote Maison Ikkoku. Fucking loved that series in my teens.

Thanks.

Even if it was, so what? That's just the free market in action.

What? Never had that person you despised so much you wanted to sexually degrade them?

You say that like she would have any choice in the matter.

Generally if I hate a person I don't want to put my dick in them.

And if I want to put my dick in them, I don't really hate them.

You know, just today I found myself amazed that the British government still allowed people to drive their own cars in any direction they wanted, and at (up to a point) any speed they wanted. No doubt they'll be "fixing" that before long.

crap related.

Clearly you haven't experienced true hatred yet.

Er, Grant said 'Taxes', not 'Taxis'. He's Scottish, hence the confusion.

Oh fuck, I got that SpiderGwen volume from my library, I thought at least Rodriguez side of it would suck but the whole thing blew. I don't think I've ever seen anything so filled with hipster shit.

Marvel lucked out in making an aesthetically interesting character that grabbed everyones attention after nothing but dozens of failures. Sadly, they still couldn't get anyone to write worth a damn.

Why would you even read that crap user?

Beyond the not knowing if it'd be total shit, I wanted to be able to shit on SpiderGwen if anyone tried defending Marvels bullshit.

He is not good enough of an artist to carry a book that is poorly written. Rodriguez won't work on it much longer anyway, since he is retiring from comics.
archive.is/gzZ3Z

Thank you, his faces looked like Pumpkinhead before the well.
How long has he been in the business, thought he was just hired into it.

"Has a degenerative eye disease"
I hate the fucker but hope it doesn't make him blind enough to not be able to see anything, just blind enough to draw well or fast enough to make a career out of it.

I think they were banking on Emma Stone breathing new life (lol) into the character, but now that ASM 2 tanked and the character is dead [spoilers]where she fucking belongs[/spoilers] people are getting distracted.

I'm counting down the days until Mystique is no longer the sexy blue-skinned ginger we all know and love and reveals her true form is a frumpy blonde who can't back shit up on the internet.

Whenever I see that, I'm always going to respond with this.

Nah they're only trying to push Gwen because they know she's a crappy character that never had that much of a personality to begin with and that they could just shove her in any costume and try to pass her off as a "new character"

wasn't it "racism" last year?

They should get Cho as a replacement for Rodriguez. Just imagine the outrage.

MAYBE IT'S NOT VERY VALUABLE

I love Urusei Yatsura and Inuyasha despite the latter not being intended for a male audience.

Excwpt canada, fuck canada.

I vote Cho makes every comic

I'm actually shocked Rodriguez hasn't tried getting Cho fired.

Any real reason to think he or any of the others of the same retarded mind might not have?

Nobody wants to be the asshole who gets someone else fired over a rather short-lived internet feud. And I'm sure Cho is technically freelance talent at this point, since he rarely does comic interiors anymore, aside from Totally Awesome Hulk at the moment, but I don't think anybody expects him to stay on that book for long.

Shocked Marvel even hired him, after that Spider Gwen shitstorm I'm shocked that they didn't blacklist him.

Da Fuck?

Oh god, I loved Cho's art for years, but I had no idea he was this based.

Doesn't he have some sort of exclusive contract with Marvel, when it comes to big comics publishers? Only other non-Marvel comic that he has "done interiors" for is Liberty Meadow collection that he published through Image.

Why?
Thing was pretty much Rodriguizes fault, Cho just kept poking the bear. Comics isn't the kind of media where someone would need to ignore people instead of fucking with them.
As long as you don't cost too much, Marvel will hire you, they probably would even encourage such things to get peoples eyes on their merch.

Only good female Spider-People are May and Peni.

She looks like a stereotypical cat lady. The type of person that dresses them up, has elaborate birthday parties for them and talks to them like they're real people.

I'm guessing their figured Cho was too good to let go so they put him on the Asian Hulk to stop the SJW's from bitching about him.

I'd check it out if I didn't have so little faith in Marvels writing and didn't hate the idea of Amadeus becoming a Hulk and with that hairdo.

It's when they made her Spider-Girl things went to shit.

It's most likely gonna be terrible but hey at least Cho's art is awesome.

5 star post nigga

Lol wuuuut

I firmly believe that the silent majority of female comicfans actually wants and loves sexy, revealing female costumes. Women are sexual beings too and if their heads aren't fucked up by feminist and leftist teachings, they understand that looking sexy and being desired is a female superpower and also a lot of fun.

because they fell for the equality meme. they think if social norms ie the patriarchy is removed, females are just men with tits and a vag.

I believe the big two's logic goes like this:

I honestly don't believe Disney has any say in that bullshit. Mainstream publishers are just that stupid when it comes acquiring new readers.

Remember, Marvel published Trouble in 2003 and declared it would bring mountains new readers to the medium. They're fucking idiots.

Well, yeah. People want to look good and prefer company of attractive people. Additionally, the best way to evaluate attractiveness is the reaction of the opposite gender.

Most popular women's magazines have attractive women on their covers. Films and TV shows most popular with women don't star hideously ugly actresses either. Celebrities most popular with women are also at least somewhat attractive. Even romance novels have attractive women on their covers and women in these stories, while not outright described as looking attractive, have appealing features and only superfluous flaws. They are also surrounded by men fighting for their affection, giving another sign as to how good looking they are.

Coming back to comics, Zenescope sells mostly cheesecake comics, yet they are predominantly bought by female readers. All of that despite of trying to sell their books to teenage boys.
archive.is/AXiKU

Another kicker is how popular Cho and Adam Hughes are with female cosplayers.

Most people like other attractive people and want to be attractive themselves. No matter how hard SJWs/feminists try to prove otherwise, they always fail.

I thought people learned the lesson after Smiley bombed. You can't make memes spoopy.

Or its even simpler than that. Attractiveness and being a model takes actual commitment and effort. Those who treat it as a proper job tend to be attractive because being attractive IS their job.

Taking a fat and ugly model for something that requires "attractive" or "beautiful" to it, is like hiring a carpenter who cant build for shit, or electrician who doesnt know what the word "grounding" means.

If you're ugly or fat, you can still be a model, but you get gigs where youre supposed to look ugly or fat, not with sexy lingerie models or superheroines.

God I hated that scene with the moronic transcunt just flat out stating that she's trams because fuck forbid actually writing a decent female character who isn't a lesbian or trans right Simone?

I worked at a library for years. "Karen" is totally full of crap. libraries are 90% women all the way up the chain of command.

That makes way more sense than the social justice crap they're doing right now. Romance and Harlequin novels make the most money in the book industry right now, and are pretty much solely read by women. They certainly aren't getting those numbers with social justice.

wew

So the Malvinas are ours again!

Crei que los choris no posteaban en Holla Forums..

Ni siquiera el chori con quien tu estas hablando, pero hay mas latinos de los que tu piensas aqui, cabron.

Because they have cultural relevance if you account for the demographic that Marvel thinks it wants to hit.

Think about it. Marvel wants to cater to the current Millennial crowd, early teens to early/mid-20s. These people don't have vast amounts of disposable income, but they also tend to have less financial responsibility coupled with more free time compared to say, working parents in their mid-30s. This means they have time they want to fill and money they want to spend as long as it isn't egregious. It also means you can hire cheaper younger writers and artists because you're creating for a young crowd.

I'd like to see an actual graph or chart of how Marvel's changed its demographic targeting since its inception. At the beginning I would assume that it's for children and remained that way until the children that read comics became old enough to make their own, which raised the overall target audience.

I don't particularly envision an era where comics will ever be aimed at someone older than their late 20s however. I think what Marvel's done is what businesses do: Find the age group that you think you can make the most money from, cater to them and when they become too old, put out some "handing of the torch" and "after years" stories while you soft-reboot everything to usher in the new readers that have now entered that demographic.

Unfortunately, businesses can't grow old and die with their audience, if they want to turn a profit they need to constantly reinvent themselves to keep up with current market trends.

Fortunately, if we live long enough we will get to see tumblr become what they hated: They will become the "WHY ARE YOU CHANGING IT? I WAS LOYAL!" brigade because they will no longer be the target market that the company needs to hit.

That said, the reason I included caveats for these points is that Marvel's sales appear to be in the shitter because they're doing the opposite of what they need to be doing. They're basically giving a "how do you do, fellow kids?" to the audience, not because they didn't do the right thing in hiring younger staff more in-touch with them, but by mistaking ideology for writing. What I mean by this is that… Let's say you want to hit the Christian audience, so you start introducing Christian themes into a lot of your newly rebooted stories. Not only are you turning off anyone that isn't Christian because it's shoehorned in, you're also putting off actual Christians because:
a. They may disagree with you for pandering
b. They may disagree with you for making the writing worse by removing nuance/just being a shitty writer
c. (Most importantly), they may disagree with your interpretation and regurgitation of the ideology.

Sectarian violence is always brutal, civil wars tend to be vicious. They could've won the new readership by getting young writers writing the same winning stories that comics have always had. Instead, they turned every comic into the literary equivalent of praise music about social justice warriors and intersectional feminists, of which both groups can't agree on anything even within their own groups.

Tl;dr - Marvel's current fixation on tumblr is because they think siding with one brand of Islam is how you get in all of Islam's good books, rather than understanding that the winning move is not to fucking play and just do your job right.

Nigger, you could've summed it up by saying "Mainstream comics are old fossils who don't know whats good or hip anymore", which has been the problem for a decade now.

The issue isn't that they identified the problem (We're outdated, but the top brass always is, so we need to hire new people to actually do the work), the issue is that they picked the wrong solution.

1. Young up-and-comers that write good stories
2. Young, well known internet writers that are all ideology giving them a special niche audience

They picked option 2. Short term gain, long term loss.

Of course they would go with that option. It doesn't change anything they're currently producing.

That is the biggest problem mainstream publishers have right now. Despite all of these progressive hires, they're VERY resistant to any real change in the way they do business. It's still the same trash product.

Shit was tiny so I remade it.

Maybe the middle one. But the other two? That's like wading into a pool of fecal matter.

(checked)
The art isn't very good either

Fucking traitorous cunt.

…which, it goes without saying, are wildly ungroomed and haven't seen soap since the late 90s.

Implying SHE'D give YOU the choice.

I am.

It implies an echo. Watch this video or others in the series to learn what an echo means.

There is a chrome extension that puts those brackets around any name that… requires them.
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/coincidence-detector/hldnghbakgkgeocjllocmpobpppkfepo?hl=en-US

I will not allow this thread to fall into the abyss.

it's your fetish is more like it

Saga. :(

These swj writers must think that the comic book is toilet paper

Ain't no one going to remember that shit. Just stop being a cuck and blame feminism. No one cares about details or long winded bad jokes.

Because they want their sons playing with dolls and wearing dresses and they want their daughters reading schemata and studying electrical theory. Until the west can admit the reality of human nature (never ever) it won't happen, just perpetual unhappiness.

Fem Hulk would be pretty good actually. No, not She-Hulk, a woman who suffers from the rage and transformation into a giant, green monster.

Especially if her tits were always on display when she hulked up.

Not to mention catering to Tumblr is not catering to the majority of the millenials at all, you're catering to a loud minority who will never spend money on comics or video games for that matter.

If they wouldve wanted to cater to the real millenial group, they wouldve looked what the other modern comics that youngsters read are doing, or even check what the world of animation and movies is doing.

My little sister watched stuff like Avatar Last Airbender as her cartoons, her movie shelf was filled with both Disney- and Miyazaki stuff. Kids these days appreciate great sci-fi and fantasy adventures that are generally of high quality. Even tumblr cares about the same things as the normal less retarded kids but from their insane ramblings DC and Marvel somehow got the misconception that kids like those shows because of the stupid political shit on tumblr, not because those are quality shows with quality writers (better than what DC and Marvel currently has anyway).

Lengthy posts like this that contribute to a discussion should no be ignored.

Good post, guy.

literal cancer

I'm on to you chum.

she's the second richest person in Japan. Only the emperor is more loaded

to be fair the original Yu Gi Oh manga is quite good

the gambling one? yeah that was great. Man yugi was a huge dick there, Still a dick but a water down version of a dick.

I remember the part where he set up a robber to light himself on fire.

OG!Yami was fucking hardcore.

So how much longer before the big 2 realize that pandering to SJWs was a bad idea?

It took 50 years to realize the Comics Code was a retarded idea, and it was even more obvious. So i say around 2060, if the industry doesnt die in the next ten years

Not really. It was pretty much neutered in the 70s after Stan said fuck you and printed those Spider-Man drug issues without it. After that, both Marvel and DC would just publish books without it if they didn't approve them. Then came the 80s and the rise of the direct market. The comics code was pretty much irrelevant by the 90s and it's only the 50s and 60s that they really had any stranglehold on the market.

WHAT THE FUCK

>>587698

Only on the basest of chans do I find a kindred spirit who sees Fail Simone as the fucking hack she is. She was the Tumblr of Livejournal and she shits up every she touches. I remember when she got kicked off of Batgirl because it was just BAAAD, and she got her personal army to throw a tantrum online that got zero traction. Good times!

Doesn't help that the biggest albatross around their neck is the business model. They sell their product in niche speciality stores where normies fear to tread. There is no natural entry point.

They think that pandering to tumblr = pandering to feminists = pandering to women = doubling your market.

What the fuck does Archie have to do with any of this? Take it back.

I know comic sales have been in decline for awhile, but it seems like they exacerbated it with their push of identity politics.