Dune

Apparently HBO are going to remake this as a tv series. Any anons have info on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

tor.com/2016/11/21/legendary-entertainment-acquires-film-and-television-rights-to-frank-herberts-dune/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No info, but I hope it keeps the loyal tone of the (awful, awful looking) SciFy version with the production values of Lynch's version. If they make it "GAME OF THRONES…IN SPACE" I'll probably have to count myself out.

You know that is what it will be. They should get Sean Human Bean play Leto I for the memes and then end the show immediatly after pilot.

If they ever explain the story of the pug I'll be interested. I never understood why Patrick Stewart carried him into battle and yelled "Long Live Duke Leto!"
It made me think the pug was the Duke or their General or something.

It's gonna be pozzed leftist garbage much like the original story.

I hope they do it like the book and don't try to explain everything off the bat. It was cool reading through the first chapters of dune wondering "the fuck is a Bene Gesserit?". It was rewarding to look at the context clues and learn the world without having everything explained immediately. That's where the movie failed. Nobody wants to watch some bitch princess talk about space politics for 20 minutes. Just start the story and let the audience learn.

Explain how the story is pozzed if everybody was white.

>going on a galaxy wide jihad
Sure, they were "white".

Didn't only the white race survive to conquer the universe?

T-t-that was my favorite part of the movie. :''^(
Look at this cutie.

By all means, point to where in the two books it says that.

Fremen were described as having brown skin, in addition of being fucking space zen muslims. Not that I consider a h'white aristocrat manipulating sandniggers to do his bidding pozzed, but some might disagree.

Sorry, must have conflated it with something else. Cheers, carry on lads

Isn't he doing the bidding of the psy lesbians or whatever the fuck those cunts are?

He actually fucked up those designs by merely existing, like a proper cislord.

Sounds like Lawrence of Arabia

The pug needs to be rewritten into a major character. I'm not even joking.

It pretty much is Lawrence of Arabia, except Lawrence takes over the Ottoman empire in the end and gets high on space magic.

They would have to hire lots of white people. So not happening.

When has canon ethnicity of characters stopped them from changing it?

Stop triggering me.

GOD. FUCKING. DAMN. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING SATAN?

I can believe much of this happening

You guys know it's not legit, right? The first time this was started, it was a "what if hbo made a dune series with fassbender as leto" thread

I don't see anything changing to be honest?

The universal galactic language is Galach, which is a mixture of English and Russian, meaning the galaxy was colonized by United States and Soviet Union.

Even thought ethnicities like Fremen originate from Muslims and Buddhists, they must have been an overwhelming minority in the galaxy at wide.

Ew, molded plastic panties.

It's fun to speculate.

Dune made me fear gingers. Is this a rational fear?

Well…they have no souls. So yes.

gingers have no souls, but gain a freckle for every soul they consume.

I won't spoil things.

I really should watch the extended edition

That actually would work on a lot of levels, especially Harkonnen politics. Hell if they bring back Ian McNeice as the Baron holy fuck that would be amazing.
Although I guess you are worried it will get the Dumb & Dumber treatment with the abortion and liberties they are taking with GoT source material right now?

At this point I'm fairly certain that Lynch's Dune will be the best we're going to get. It's a bit of a mess but the film is amazing nonetheless.

The Jews show up in the later books. Yeah, just straight up Jews, not even weird future Jews.

Literally me

I thought idaho was a nigger in the books, thats what I got from it when reading anyway.

Oh yea a secret society of jews and I believe they even hoard secret tech.

Pure and utter bullshit

Huh, I always thought that guy would make a great Baron. Maybe I'll have to watch this sometime.

Space feudalism bro - do you understand it?

tor.com/2016/11/21/legendary-entertainment-acquires-film-and-television-rights-to-frank-herberts-dune/

Please stop using meme magic to resurrect dead IPs, guise. Dune really didn't need a reboot/remake.

Long Live Duke Leto!

And then Duncan Idaho trains men to have sex with female soldier-wizards in such a way that they become sex slaves.

Dune gets pretty insane.

Spice is one hell of a drug.

Only because they did it first

No brother, the fire must rise!

Who would play the sandworm?

ur mom

Very unfair!

I thought HBO or Showtime whatever already tried to make this a TV show miniseries and it was easily forgotten.

No, because it was a hoax made by a shitty clickbait website, but for some reason, a bunch of retards started posting this shit everywhere as it if was fact.

sci-fy did, in like 2000. You can imagine the quality. Ian McNeice is best Baron