Honest Opinions on the Oscars and Screen actors Guild Awards

Post your personal thoughts on them here.

Why are they biased against movies originally made for TV(even if they got a run in theaters), as well as Direct-to-video films? What gives? Also, animated films deserve a fair shot at best picture just like live-action movies do.

#Oscarssowhite campaign is going too far, and misses the damn point, though there are indeed problems with bribery and nepotism. not to mention that a number of the reviewers didn't even WATCH THE DAMN MOVIES BEING NOMINATED!

When do you think that the Oscars turned to primarily garbage? How can it be fixed?

Screen Actors Guild Awards:
Don't know as much here, but there is some bribery here and there as well.

Lastly I'm still mad there are no Sci-Fi genre movies that have won best picture in the entire history of the Academy Awards

Hello?

I hate most actors they are faggots. I hate "pat ourselves on the back" award shows also.

I don't watch award shows because they're garbage.

Noted.

When did they become predominately garbage, and how?

from the inception. award ceremonies are, and have always been political games of ego stroking.

They're generally biased towards progressive western [current year] material. So a mediocre film about the holocaust, slavery, or transgender people is bound to be docked with several awards.

Indeed, kosher progressive crap and trash is bound to get both a nomination and a win.

That is nothing more than a pc kosher term to label those who are twin soul.

I like them because they're kind of like E3, in that they often end with people who I dislike humiliating themselves a lot.

where the fuck have you been? plenty of animated features have been given the best picture nomination.

the problem is that people see the awards ceremonies and think it's the end-all of how prestigious a film is. there are also people who think that only the academy awards matter.

both of these people need to be removed.

schindler's list was a decent movie though. 12 years a slave was literally a white guilt award, hence why mcqueen didn't get best director.

Probably a few years after it was a thing.
Major award shows always succumb to bribery and nepotism.

They are cancer. Entirely scripted events (even down to the acceptance speeches/drama), where preselected propaganda pieces win the awards, and celebrities bask in the glory of braindead retards watching at home putting more value on fucking paid clowns than anything real in their lives.

Actors and actresses are clowns without make up. There is nothing to celebrate about them. The only awards should go to technical categories, and no "directing" is not a technical category. Fucking overpaid propagandist directors don't deserve any glory.

I wouldn't knock on actors and actresses. I get that most are pozzed and that they tend to be one trick ponies like Samuel L. Jackson, but that's mainly blamed on the directors and industry who hire them for that specfic role.

You're not wrong about the technical aspects of film not being covered fully though. I want to see an award for fight, action, or dance choreography.

AAAAAAHHH

Such blatant biased against movies and tv in this post.

>>>/saudi/
>>>/out/

I agree, that stupid goy doesn't know what he is talking about.

@547765
"fight, action, or dance choreography"

wait is there another kind of choreography?

Wrong.

Just those three from what I can remember.

These are people who get paid millions of dollars to play pretend, live in expensive mansions, and then proceed to give each other handjobs in the form of awards to all their friends.

I don't care about awards shows, let alone the people in them.

Because nobody watches them, unless they are on netflix, and they think if a movie didn't run in the cinema, that's not a movie at all.
Let's see WALL-E for example. No blacks, no chinese, no muh holocaust, no transsexuals, no homos. How could they give the best propaganda's title to it?
It HAD a point? What was it?
Why should they? Look at The Danish Girl - it's pretty obvious it's tranny propaganda. Would you watch it?
I think around Zero Dark Thirty and 12 years a slave
Nominate and award people like Brian Cox, who can act, and they are everyday people otherwise, meaning they don't belong to any minorities.
Do not award it to people who portray seriously ill persons or those who go through "incredible transformations".
Do you know any that would have deserved it?

False

There are still people who would rather watch Direct to home video movies on VHS or DVD, if not Blu-ray

Indeed, there is truth to that part. Multiculti shit and MUH HOLOCAUST movies are unfairly given so many awards. Also, just because an actor is black or some sort of ethnicity that is a minority in the US doesn't mean that they automatically lack talent. Yes, I know there are films that go full multiculti cuck.

Okay, SJWs did indeed blow a gasket on the fact that their precious DIEversity isn't followed, but I refuse to think that its all just a pure fluke that folks like Idris Elba and such didn't even get nominated.

I'm just saying that if they are nominating films, at least watch it in some form to give it a full chance at critique. Yes the people behind The Danish Girl film are either Kosher PC goyim or ratfink kikes, it shows in how preachy and highly emotive it tends to be. However, a movie is not a piece of propaganda just because it mentions trannies or depicts them as folks that are real. Though I do know that the Danish Girl is indeed worthy of being seen as Kosher PC propaganda.

Okay fine then. Noted

Okay
Eh, that depends. I don't think that films should be automatically excluded for being about mentally ill folks. It should be excluded if it truly lacks a lot of merit and effort, not simple content in and of itself.

The Black Hole, ST: Wrath of Khan, Star Trek VI: the undiscovered country, Star wars episodes 5 and 6, Solaris, Alien, Back to the Future part 1, and Terminator 2 imo.

I love that stuff, but still, as far as I know, you can't download stuff onto a VHS tape, but correct me if I'm wrong. So if you want to watch one, you either have to buy one or record it yourself, which takes more time and money to do than to download some shit through the netflix.

Absolutly true, but they keep pushing those ones who have zero talent, like Rihanna, who is not even an actor.
But if you shower them with Oscars, they become propaganda vessels
No, I was referring to this:
And I like both of them. Hell, I even like Jared Leto as an actor, but he got an Oscar only because he played a transvestite AIDS-victim. That's what I was referring to

I think that's a really boring movie.
Overrated…
I can agree with you on this