The Young Pope

Now that all episodes of this master piece are available: Why haven't you watched Sorrentino's The Young Pope yet?
If you have watched it already what are your thoughts?
No, it is not fedoric.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bPyOSBmqZec
spankbang.com/x3o6/video/sexy pope
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the fuck nonsense is this?

ebin

Sell me on it.

It's shit

Jude Law, Diane Keaton, Silvio Orlando
No clear good and bad guys, characters have doubts, flaws and development, subtle romance, no fedoric or chritscuck platitudes
The Vatican secretary of state is a giant soccer nerd, the pope keeps a gifted kangaroo in the Vatican gardens, the pope is an overall cheeky cunt
youtu.be/lbTkZYQpCWw
youtu.be/K0qwGPpimic
youtu.be/bPyOSBmqZec
inner vatican power struggles, power struggles with the Italian state, corrupt african nuns, pedophilia investigations, unfulfilled romance, people struggling with faith, addiction and family

The show is hard to describe, there is a lot of variety and the show chances with each episode. A few scenes here and there can't really give a good picture of it.

Great input.

Cool, they're out.

shit

kek
Why would you want it to be fedoric?

scientists already proved god isnt real so the show's premise already is flawed

idk, OP, I stopped one-quarter of the way through episode 8 because a)the plot was flailing around a stalemate for a while (the 9 month timeskip was very telling) and b)I couldn't take it anymore. It lays it on a bit too thick for my tastes. Cannes-bait, Euro-kino, however you want to call it. Plus the overuse of musical hard cuts were starting to becoming grating for a borderline autismo like me.

Lenny's…inconsistencies also bothered me. I know he is supposed to be volatile and unpredictable, but in truth his character is written all over the place. It gives a hint of a bitter taste that he is being used solely a mouthpiece…but that cycles back to my mentioning Euro-kino, which is rife with such "idea" characters.

Were there at least any more top kek moment in the last episodes like when Lenny dropped the baby or forced Voiello down with his other foot to kiss his slipper?

Any pepe worthy material?

Not really. The last two episodes toned the comedy way down. The 9th is almost entirely the alcoholic pseudo-NEET hunting down the pedophile in NY and the last episode is very emotional and bitter sweet for the most part, wrapping up on all the characters and Lenny seemingly mellowing and perhaps reconsidering his harshest most conservative decisions.

>Lenny mellowing out and reconsidering his harshest decisions

Now you're giving me comfort that I stopped watching. The moments when he went full medieval were highlights for me, I had a quickly dying minor hope that they would be played out into fanatical sects and new crusades.

because sorrentino is a shitty fucking hack faggot

That was pretty great.

Looks like shit tbh

Passssssssss

Is it blasphemous fedora shit?

I don't think so at all, but I'm not religious.
The show strongly implies the existence of god as there are several wonders occurring. One of them good old fashioned old testament justice. It's overall implied over the course of the show that the pope is favored by god even though he is troubled and has doubts. Which he will gradually overcome turning from a zealous and destructive pope into a conservative but compassionate one The catholic church isn't demonized at all but It doesn't pander to Catholics either. The priests are shown as real human beans with great flaws but most of them turn out to be good guys overall. The once who don't are turned to justice one way or another by the end.

Is it marxist? Is there diversity casting? Is it anti-white?

u wot m8?

Almost everyone in the show is white. All important characters are, be they good or bad.
The only non-white character who has some sort of semi-significant side roll to play in one episode is a nun from Sri Lanka. (the one in the webm) no race mixing or virtous nigger heroes
It's not feminist either the most important women in the show plays mainly a motherly role, the strong and independent PR womyn is portrait as rather shrewd.

Even though the show has some good moments i can't fully enjoy it. It brags a lot, a lot about how catholics doesn't accept homosexuality. An episode features a gay man struggle because he really want to become a priest but the church won't allow him and later kills himself because of this. In another a gay bishop brags to the pope because he doesn't understand that: "Homosexuality is only about LOVE!" and the pope states that he is trying to rethink about the homosexuality ban.
All this pandering gives me the impression this show was made above all to make watchers emphatize homos and to put them against the church. You can bet the series will end with the pope publicly declaring gay acceptance.

The conflict was not about practicing faggots but priests who suffer from faggotery but do not act upon it. I'm not religious but I'm pretty sure that it's only forbidden to practice homosexuality and to lust after people in general, especially for priests. So they used this decision as one of the things were they portrait the pope as to radical and thous destructive and dividing. The whole show is about growing up, they depict the popes radical zealousness as infantile and destructive because it lacks compassion and wisdom. At the end he finally grows up, stops searching for his parents and sends his motherly advisor away. He keeps being a conservative and strict pope but trades his power fantasies for compassion.
If you like that take or not is another question, but I don't think it's about about gay acceptance at all.

DOES HE GET BLACKED???

What the fuck happened to the Kangaroo?

>Bad Young Pope
Enough of this trend

Is it just me or is Jude Law slowly turning into Udo Kier?

Isaiah 5:20
"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."

Can someone post the link to the first episode?

TeeVee 9:11
"Shut it, fag."

Savage

TeeVee, 14:88

MWAAAAAAAAAHH

tbh the world is in dire need of new blood instead of always getting these old fogeys as pope.

Just watched the first episode, show is shit.

Here's the link for anyone who doesn't want to waste time torrenting trash.

spankbang.com/x3o6/video/sexy pope

It's inevitable. In a few decades only niggers, spics and other mongrels are going to be left in the decrepit church of the Latin anti-Christ.

Honestly JLaw looks more and more like Putin everyday.

Well you sold me. I think I'll check this out.

That's a catchy tag

What a kike

Fuck off, drumpfkins.

pajeet or some manner of huehue?

It's our resident no life troll newfag.

You need some new material autist.

Was he kidding at the end of episode 1?

Worse, a triggered rulecuck.

Why does he sound like a mafia?

No, not at that moment. He seriously struggles with faith at the beginning.