Drive

Why do people like this movie? It's just about an autistic cuck who's pretty good a driving and decides to help a family of race traitors.

Is it just the aesthetic and the pleasure of watching Ryan Gosling fuck up some kikes?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/21/lawyer-asserts-ryan-gosling-drive-antisemitic_n_1023718.html
archive.is/SFHAB
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_montage_theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's an antisemitic piece of shit, the edgy teens here like it only for that.

whew.
although, tbh fam, it was bad.

Pop """""art""""" aesthetics is not art film in the slightest. It's nothing more than a popcorn flick.

Even if it was antisemitic, the antisemitism is symbolic af, which means that it means no shit. The director just wants it to fly over your head. Zero artistic value.

The neon 80's aesthetic appeals to dying whites as it was the decadent height of a white-centric civilization. The human beans' autism reflects the autism of the disenfranchised white male. His journey being the journey out of cuckdom and glowing idealization of the female, he drives toward an uncertain future, knowing the past must be left behind, can he create a future for himself, or will he forever live off the fumes of the 80's he never lived through as a millennial? Not knowing where to go, where to take the "vehicle" that is his life, the only place he can feel comfortable is on the road, in the slipstream of illusory progress, forever driving but not going anywhere. He knows he must finally turn off the 80's new-wave electro-synth soundtrack and finally park his vehicle in front of a home. But where is this home for the disenfranchised white male in a society which demonizes and rejects him?

DRIVE™

Because the main character is L I T E R A L L Y literally me

THIS IS NOW AN AUTISTIC NIGHTDRIVE THREAD

*another man's kid

nice copypasta, upboited

nope, OC

It's Holla Forums's perfect film for those very reasons.

Yep, sounds about right.

His motivation is never explicitly explained.
I like to think he just likes hurting people, and aligned himself to the family in trouble in order to express that in good conscience.
Also the movie is
A E S T H E T I C

its a decent modern noir flick

The original is better.

Sounds alright to me what's he problem here. That description alone sounds like the greatest movies of all time.

REEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I THOUGHT
THIS MOVIE WAS KINO AND SHOWED MY PARENTS
THEY LAUGHTED AT ME BECAUSE THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A CUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THEY
LAUGHED
AT ME F DHGBJFKHJL

I want to raise your son and support you. If anything happens in that 5 minutes window I will be yours no matter what.
I drive you forever, even if you turned out to have a husband or somehow my hands became a little dirty… idk why that would even happen.
So what will it be, Holla Forums?

You read the novel? How good was it?

the antisemitism is symbolic af, which means that it means no shit.
So a film about the Jews would say it's the Jews directly?

What is and is not "pop art"?

There is some artistic value too this film. For example at 1:25-1:31 in this video his steps are timed too the music creating a kind of audio-visual poetry.

One of the commenters of the video noticed this as well: "There's something about that OTS shot with the scorpion that's kind of cool".

This guy did a interesting analysis of the cinematography as well.

The Drive is anti-semitic meme isn't even a meme.

2011 article from huffpo about jews kvetching over Drive.
huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/21/lawyer-asserts-ryan-gosling-drive-antisemitic_n_1023718.html
archive.is/SFHAB

The normalfag who made that video made me appreciate it even more.

lol tarkfag remains retarded

Of courshe.

Art that is created to entertain.

Art that is created to deliver a spiritual experience.

"I reject the principles of 'montage cinema' because they do not allow the film to continue beyond the edges of the screen: they do not allow the audience to bring personal experience to bear on what is in front of them on film."

This split screen shit is the most retarded way ever to analyze a cinematography.

What an extremely pretentious name.

It's a meme and the jewish lawyers fell for the meme.

No, this original.

Simple. It gives all the socially awkward autists in here the false hope that they can also look cool and get a girl without having to talk to them.

Andei Tarkovsky is not the full arbitrator of taste in art. Eisenstein was not the influence on me liking the 6 seconds when the music and imagery collected into a aesthetic hole. You are simply a sheep fellating the philosophy of a man, not a God or false idol as your comment indicates. I refuse to let a man allow his flawed thoughts and flawed perception cloud what is clearly beautiful to me.
Look and see, foolish man. See how Andrei's comment implies he fully understands how others perceive a film. When he says "the audience" it indicates his arrogant belief of him being the judge of all that is aesthetic. It is all his taste, fully actualized and realized, but he assumes all others think feel and see as he does. The fool. He also does not elaborate or define these so called "principles of 'montage cinema'", Andrei is arrogantly pissing in the wind, and nothing more.

meant to connect too

He remains completely fucking retarded. He doesn't like good stories, he doesn't like aesthetic in film, he doesn't like symbolism, and it seems like he doesn't enjoy anything besides smelling his own rotten asshole.

It's not about the taste in art, it's about serving your audience. An artist deserves artistic freedom and so do the consumers. Let them form their own experience and meanings from things. Tark's perception isn't really flawed because he doesn't even force his perception, rather pushed for freedom of perception.

When in fact he was criticizing directors who forced their own taste of aesthetics? He didn't assume that everyone thought the same as him, and therefore he wanted directors to allow audience bring their own personal experience.

It's the soviet montage theory. Go check it by yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_montage_theory

Are you still here?

Because it's a superhero movie that's not capeshit, with great A E S T H E T I C.
Or did you miss the scene where he stomps the head in of the faggot who was going to murder his waifu?

Or all the super human driving he's able to do, for that matter.

bump