Any medieval kinos?

inb4 Kingdom of Heaven
Already know that one

The Lord of the Rings

no. video cameras hadn't been invented yet

Ladyhawke
Flesh and Blood.

Explain then,

This is the only one that didn't trigger my aut/his/m.

Which version (playtime)?

The uncut one that's about 2 hours long. I think the first half was 92 minutes and the second half was 89 minutes, but don't quote me on that.

Meant for

Afaik there's a longer version. So just run with the longest I find?

wasn't the uncut version 4 hours long or something?

Pretty much. Rublev can be almost as much of a pain as Blade Runner when it comes to figuring out which is the best version. The Soviet Union butchered and censored it a number of times because of it's religious and individualistic overtones. When it first debuted in Russia, more than half the movie was cut out. Audiences didn't get to see the uncut version until it started setting international film festivals on fire in the early 70s.

speaking of slav kino
the azsparuh trilogy is great, although the first two movies are mostly just an introduction to the setting, the important shit actually happens in the third one
there's also two movies for Boris I , but those were kind of boring, wouldn't recommend them if you're looking for a LOTR kind of thing

note, it might also be spelled "asparuh", fucking english translations can never choose what's right when it comes to bulgarian names

The Lion in Winter (the 1960s one, not the Patrick Stewart one) is brilliant.

Excalibur (1981) remains the greatest fantasy/knight movie ever made. Maybe not what you were looking for, but it's a great movie.

What about that one James Franco and Charles Dance movie?

It's collectivist as fuck.

Hard to Be a God is unironically kino.

Lord of the rings

By commie standards it was considered too individualistic. I think it was because that kid at the end learned how to make(or at least design) that bell by himself without the help of anyone else.

Lord of The Rings.

Name of the Rose still counts as medieval so watch it you fag

Vlad Tepes is pretty good.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights is about whitey fighting the jews.

Also A Knight's Tale is pretty good to watch with your kids.

This thread needs more BLACKED

I saw that movie with my friends once as a child and totally forgot it. My friends and I have been saying "one more gain" for years and I totally forgot where it came from. Now I gotta watch Major Payne to see how many injokes we have that are from that.

This. Also these……

More Dark Ages kino, but Fritz Lang's Die Nibelungen is pretty cool. I saw parts one and two on youtube, but I am looking again and I've only found part one.

Beowulf sucked.

CGI-angelina was bretty fuckable tho

Here here, I'd just like to put in my two cents and say that for all the hyping Holla Forums does of this movie, I was very underwhelmed.

well you got there too late i imagine. seeing the story play out for the first time was pretty exciting for us growing up in the 80's. we had cartoony shit or nursery school level stories about king arthur before excalibur movie came out, it was very successful at giving the myth a darker tone and spurred a huge renaissance in the arthurian lore.

For people under 40 who already knew for instance that mordred was the incestuous love child of arthur and morgana, that galahad fucked guinivere by merlin's magical cuckoldry… that shit was high level betrayal and intrigue back when the most exciting part of arthurs legend was that little faggot blonde kid pulled a cartoon sword out of a rock

The plural is kina, I believe.

Game of Thrones.

No way! I remember seeing it in the theater and getting the same goosebumps I got the first time I saw Conan the Barbarian with Arnold Schwarzenegger!

Anyway, you have to admit that it was good to see a CG animated movie for grown ups for a change. At least it wasn't another one of those DreamWorks brain cell killers.

The 7th Seal

I still don't understand why they felt the need to do Beowulf entirely CG.

Shogun miniseries

Both of those are shit.

fuck you ladyhawke was the shit dont make me call rutger hauer to visit your house rip off your arms and beat your mother with the stump ends

kini

To push the medium of animation.

A bit of jap medieval kino is probably fine?
I, Claudius might be a bit before the time frame and not even a movie, but still an absolutely amazing miniseries, it deals much more with roman internal politics then the usual huge army shots and nonsense gladiator stories that have become a staple in most media relating to them. I like to think of it as game of thrones for people with a brain.

Just because he's portraying a collectivist society doesn't mean the message is that that is positive, this was just the reality of russia around 1400, where you stayed with your people or you got carried off by tatars or other varieties of bandit.
If there's any particular message it revolves more around faith, and what it means when your entire world is shit, which is sort of a theme a lot of his movies have in common.
Some people believe Stalker is an attack on the USSR because the zone looks like chernobyl, yet beyond that superficial resemblence there isn't much to go on. In fact, the zone is portrayed as something mystical, ultimately beautiful and a connection for humans with something higher (stalker is essentially a preacher, while the writer and scientist portray the philosophy of the modern world, yet the Stalker is the only one who knows how to reach "god").

Strong religious themes are a staple in Tarkovsky movies, sometimes people like to read politics into them, but I'm pretty sure that's just their personal interpretation, everything the man himself said, and his deep religious beliefs seem to support that theory at least.

I suppose you are right. The ironic thing is that I felt that Excalibur was a bit too light for my tastes.

No one here will ever give a shit about Tarkovsky's cinematic abortions.

*I forgot, this too

that any good?

LMAO, god isnt real you retard

Source?

The new Macbeth's preddy good

Did you just step out of a time machine from 2008 or some shit?

Apart from the 4 or so people that already talked about it positively just in this thread you tasteless philistine.

Tarkovsky is love, Tarkovsky is life.

ur waifu a shit

Mel Gibson's Hamlet

That was a different planet

Lord of the Rings
Warcraft
Eragon
Outlaw of Gor
The Dark Crystal
The Princess Bride
The Hobbit
Conan the Barbarian
Ewoks: The Battle For Endor

Why does everybody jerk off to Tarkovsky these days?

Is it because Kubrick has become too mainstream? and was a Jew

Willow

only you deepthroat that hack

He's the only director in history who made more than 3 good movies.