This is the best zombiekino ever made, prove me wrong

This is the best zombiekino ever made, prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0089013/
almostnot.wordpress.com/2009/01/22/tarkovsky-and-boredom/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

zombie movies are all dumb flicks

Except the opening scene and second half of Zombi 2.

Did they adopt a manlet?

I think this scene alone can be recognized as kino

imdb.com/title/tt0089013/

Let us see your taste, Holla Forumsirgin.

I normally don't watch these type of movies. I consider them lower quality.

I like the tropical setting and simplicity in Zombi 2 better.

So what do you consider as higher quality?

Fulci's cinematography of Zombi 2 is quite great, so is in The Beyond. His long takes and slow panning shots accompanied with the sluggish movement of zombies are an effective preservation of artistic imagery. The realistic corpse make up and lack of facial movement on them don't break our perception of reality, but comfortably direct it. Horror flicks usually ignore these factors, but not Zombi 2.

Let's not forget:
Död Snö

The Goblin soundtracks are what really makes these movies. Let's be honest.

I don't like when it turns into new age at 0:50 or so though.

Hijacking this thread with Goblin soundtracks.

Zombie movies are my guilty pleasures, name me some good ones

I Walked With a Zombie
different kinda zombie though

More like I Bred With a Zombie.

I Cucked With a Zombie

Ha

numbers confirm

It's no where as good as Dawn of the Dead, the movie it was a "sequel" of. Also Fulci was no where as good as Argento.

Different kinds of film makers. Fulci made enjoyable trash. Argento made Kino.

How fast would her tits have to be jiggling for that to even be possible?

Fast enough that the bullet appears to nearly stop in mid-air in comparison.

those tits would literally rip the girl apart with that speed

Day of the Dead is better.

Rhodes did nothing wrong.

It's shit. Zombi 2 has better plot, cinematography, choreography, gore effects, and make up. DotD is too plot heavy while Zombi 2 resembles a Tarkovsky kino in terms of how loose the plot is and how poetic the images are. The long takes and rotten aesthetics in Zombi 2 are more powerful than anything in DotD.

The reason why Tark chose to watch Zombi 2 and not Dawn of the Dead is because he saw kino quality in it's mise en scene. His "ghastly, repulsive trash" remark can be seen as a compliment.

So it's boring shit?

argento is a fucking hack

t. nigger

almostnot.wordpress.com/2009/01/22/tarkovsky-and-boredom/
There's nothing wrong with being "bored", even though I wouldn't say that Fulci's film is boring in the slightest, since there are still too many anomalies happening on the screen. Tarkovsky uses the awareness intensification and time freezing effects of boredom to make the subtle anomalies feel powerful and the striking imagery to leave a greater impact on the audience. With the aesthetics of boredom, Tarkovsky could turn mud into gold for the spectators who are willing to pay attention.

Fulci didn't aim for the same aesthetic value, but regardless, he created powerful imagery without the use of montage to insult the audience's artistic sensibility. His zombies are very similar to buried corpse, giving them a breaking the fourth wall effect. He didn't use spectacular unstoppable zombie wave to create suspense, but rather he emphasized on the psychological state of the characters. Shocked, dumbfounded, unnerved, as if time stopped and you're unable to move your legs due to all the illogical apprehension.

The characters in Zombi 2 recognizably have extremely low reaction time. This is done on purpose to convey their feeling of fear as I have explained above. Humans don't perceive time as accurately as a clock. Sometimes we need more time to think, sometimes time just passes away. Fulci is one of those directors who try to match the time flow in his film to sync with audience's perception of time. He gave us a chance to witness a scenario to our heart's content rather than forcing his own ideas of how a scene should feel and how time should flow.

End yourself.

So it's boring shit just like Tark movies. Got ya.

Especially the part where a zombie fights a shark, while a bare breasted woman looks on.

This is really bad bait. The movie really isn't that good. Even Return of the Living Dead is better than this movie. Fulci movies are guitly pleasure type things. Without the over the top gore, there really isn't much there. The only really good Fulci movie was One on Top of the Other, which was a decent giallo/thriller.

I've told you that unlike Tarkovsky, Fulci isn't boring in the slightest. It's just some of their ideas of cinematography happen to be similar. I was going to compare Fulci to Kubrick, but Fulci seems to be a lot less artificial than Kubrick even though both put greater emphasis on imagery rather than plot. Not Ingmar Bergman either, because his dialogue resembles traditional theatrical writing. So the equivalent of Fulci's Zombi 2 would be either Tarkovsky or Bresson, but I think Bresson is the closest one here. Bresson sometimes killed his shots too quickly, but Zombi 2 is more or less the same. I want to get a longer spectacle of the rotting corpses raising from the grave and dragging themselves to the hospital, even if it could defy logical time flow.

That scene has no jumpcuts or music syncing, the editing and shots are quite poetic (based on director's intuition rather than aiming to manipulate audience's emotions), therefore kino.

Give me an analysis, a coherent and elaborate reasoning on why it isn't that good.

What joint is this?

come on dario, don't take it personally

High School of the Dead. It's shit but it's funny shit.

It's not yuri, is it? Dropped tbvh.

It's ecchi and horror. There's plenty of hetero moments.

Exactly, it's hetshit. Anime is only good for yuri, with hetshit it literally has no redeeming value.

carry on

Skull crushing tits.

Spoken like a true faggot.

We already know you are a faggot. No need to belabor the point.

A spike Lee joint.

What about this zombie?

Tbh he kind of has a point, hetero romance in anime is rarely done well.

meant to quote

Forget the smelly japs, Italians are the true kings of horror.

There's a yuri moment in the special episode.

:^)