Kong Skull Island trailer

Ew why's Reilly in this film?

KANG KONG

Looks pretty cliche to me.
>Happy Music Should have been It Ain't Me tbh fam
Bet there will be kang of the skull things, so they should have called this movie Kang vs. Kang: We Wuz edition.

Never thought I'd miss Peter Jackson.

Damn, that looks like crap.

Did you expect anything less? The director has only made boring movies of no merit.

thanks 4 posting my dude
i hate all these reddit actors though
especially the nigger, you know who, the motherfucking nigger
why don't he move back to africa like he said he would if drumpf won???

I really liked his kong movie, specifically the 3 hour autist cut

i assume they finished filming this long before the god emperor won the election. he still needs to get the fuck out right goddamn now though.

Looks like an Asylum remake of 1976 King Kong. Capeshit cinematography, shit CGI, a shitload of pointless monsters, military faggots, and shitty forced comedy, something Asylum would totally do.

I miss John Guillermin and Merrian Cooper a lot more actually. 2005 Kong was a mediocre oscar bait.

WE

Remember when he was a character actor in dramatic movies?

Merian C. Cooper was a Christian from the South. Such a thing is forbidden in (((Hollywood))) now.

Fuck christians, retarded jew-worshipping faggots.

rude

What characterizes "Capeshit cinematography"?

How sad 2005 Kong oscar bait?

WUZ

Peter Jackson blows. Just because the new Kong movie is shit does not make him good.

Drang Kong

I've never seen a trailer with worse tone, music and direction.
Fucking clueless hacks.

Did they rip off all the Vietnam imagery from Full Metal Jacket? Because that what it looks like. The movie poster is awful too. Why is there an Asian chick? Gotta shoehorn diversity in somehow I guess.

i thought this too. It's like a vietnam aesthetic with monsters. Also people mapped shorelines with boats hundreds of years ago. But now despite having satelites and such, they need to drop bombs to shake the island?
can any /k/ anons confirm, are the weapons vietnam era?

its clearly meant to be in the nam era, but the military didnt start using underbarrel grenade launchers until sometime after nam

Jump cuts, quick panning, weak imagery, lack of long takes, just ADHD in general.

It's a shallow action movie that tries overly hard to be dramatic. It gave Kong too much personality, Hackson tried to instill artificial sympathy in the audience. The CGI jungle is quite horrid too, why didn't they just shoot the film at real location?

The director of this film is connected to that show called You're The Worst with literally cuckoldry in it

Didn't Ann Darrow get BLACKED in all the Kong movies?

Look at this nu-male hipster faggot. This will be a reddit movie of the year for sure. Look into the producers and all the behind the scenes people, connections to nu-Star Wars and lots of sjw shit.

Avoid this movie like the plague.

KONGS

Looked like a generic trailer of current year +1 to me.

No, it's far worse. Tonally it switches between serious and silly far too many times and it isn't clear whether the film is like that as well, or if it's just bad editing.

Looks like a film that had dozens of different drafts and has no idea what it wants to be.

That thumbnail looks great.

The director mentioned something about wanting it to take place in the Vietnam era.

I'm not liking John C. Reily in this. He killed the mood. I don't mind him as an actor but his comedic role doesn't fit with the dramatic tone of the film. That and How did he get stuck on the island? Why is he wearing the uniform of a WW2 Japanese soldier and wielding his katana?

Probably something cucky like he was an American kid who washed up on the shore of the island and was raised by a Japanese guy who had crashed there during WW2. As if the Jap wouldn't want to bayonet the first white piggu he saw since he would imagine WW2 was still going on.

Is this movie supposed to be a Vietnam allegory?

The part where Kong beats his chest is cool. That's all

This "use pop music in everything that doesn't need it" meme that Redditors of the Galaxy started needs to stop.

dropped

I like them at least. I get the feeling that Samuel L Jackson will be the mortal enemy of Kong or something.

They didn't want him to out nig kong nigger.

I was waiting for one of you guys to bring this up.

Said it before: Kong looks waaaay to big
He looks like the size of the Empire State Building instead of small enough to climb it

He has to be big enough to fight Godzilla a few movies from now.

Please no

It's what they're doing. Everything's a cinematic universe now, don't you know?

I want everything to be part of one big cinematic universe, so in a year or two we get Die Hard 11: Hardly Dead, and John McClane teams up with the Ninja Turtles to deal with Godzilla, who's been dropped on New York by the aliens from Independence Day, and then Hermione shows up to save the day with magic and a lightsabre.