Star Trek General

Is there any episodes of Voyager actually worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PIGxMENwq1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Some of the Hirogen ones are good.

kill yourself

also no, voyager sucks

original series for some fun episodes
next generation for Q episodes and some other fun episodes. maybe klingon ones
deep space 9 for space hitler
nothing else is worth watching

That one where Paris says gotta go fast and then goes so fast that her turns into a fishman and rapes Janeway is the most hilarious episode ever.

Also the episode where Janeway straight up murders, and genocides I guess, Tuvix is hilarious.

Contrary to the ideas of most fukkin tards, Voyager was rocky (like TNG and DS9) for the first two seasons. The third season is some of the best Trek out there. Then they added Tit-Bot and everything went down hill. All of her stories had been done with Data in TNG, and better. This is also the point where Janeway's character become REALLY schizophrenic - the writers can't figure out what to do with her. Before S4 Janeway's main motivation is to maintain her authority using Starfleet military structure (integrating Maquis crew, keeping her subordinates from becoming pirates). Alot of the fucked up shit she does in S1-S3 is understandable to a limited extent. S4 and on it's a complete grab bag of motivations - it's tough to characterize because she's all over the fucking place. Also, the Tit-Bot storylines play a big role in this schizo-Janeway. Shit that Janeway would have never put up with gets a free pass because "Tit-Bot needs to learn to be human". It fucking sucks. Just watch Season 3.

Does anything of value occur in S1-S2 that it's completely skippable?

You miss the early days of Harry Kim being Voy's O'Brien.

Well, no not really. Except this:
But there are a few alright episodes (that are the most 'Trek-like':
S1:
"The Cloud"
"Eye of the Needle"
"State of Flux"
S2:
"Prototype" - TOS tribute
"Alliances"
"Threshold" - for the lulz
"Meld" - sweet murder mystery / Vulcan introspective
"Death Wish" - assisted suicide yay!
"Lifesigns" - I just wanna be a perfect holoperson
"The Thaw" - classic Trek goofiness
"Tuvix" - aka the "Janeway commits murder - holy shit (she did it because she needed Tuvok as a tactical officer - fucking brutal)"
There may be a couple other good ones, but that's about it.
Season 3 is where it all hits it's stride.

S3:
"Flashback" - PTSD is a bitch when you're Vulcan
"False Profits" - obligatory Ferengi episodes; depending on your feelings about Ferengi, you will either love it or hate it
"Future's End, Part I" - Essential viewing for Doctor - plus Sarah Jewstein when she was hot.
"Future's End, Part II" - Essential viewing for Doctor - plus I just wanna stick my dick in that Jew mouth
"Warlord" - Mind fuckery, cute telepath becomes alpha male; watching her try to act is sad/funny
"The Q and the Grey" - Silly Q adventures; skippable unless you like Q
"Fair Trade" - Best Neelix episode; good themes of insecurity and guilty conscious
"Alter Ego" - Solid episode; better watched after knowing about the characters, no spoilers here
"Coda" - TNG tribute, skippable but solid
"Darkling" - Schizophrenia is real
"RIse" - Silly episode, but has some solid elements
"Favorite Sun" - TOS tribute? kinda? with a twist
"Before and After" - Fun time travel 'what ifs'; showcase of writer's alternate story boards
"Real Life" - Silly, but worth a watch (maybe just once) ; the Doctor is lovable
"Distant Origin" - Probably one of the best Voyager episodes out there, at leas the most "Trek-like"
"Displaced" - White genocide
"Worst Case Scenario" - Great episode, another example of the writers enjoying themselves

There you go, after S3 the show is less "oh Trek you so silly" and more "ugh".

Should I just delete it? Everything else is good quality and small, but this thing is just an eyesore at that size.

The Doctor was the best character in the franchise

No. The Doctor is the best on Voyager because Voyager is so bad and SJW. Otherwise the Doctor is a balding beta faggot.

Fug

The ones with 7 of 9.

What are you talking about? All episodes were secretly Porthos episodes.

Maybe we can get a computer animated revival of Enterprise. Modern CG is pretty good and all the actors can just do the voice work. Bakula looks good for his age but is too old to play Archer.

What, like Rebels/Clone Wars but Star Trek? I could get behind that…

…after I throw it into the fucking garbage where it belongs.

I love beagles though. I've had two but now there's only one left, he's lazy and farts a lot but I love the hell out of him.

Voyager is 99% technofluff with zero commentary or unique sci-fi ideas.

I can name only half a dozen good episodes that aren't shitty rehashes of other star trek eps.

Ep Start:
WE HAVE COME ACROSS A [INSERT JARGON HERE] THAT PREVENTS US FROM MOVING CLOSER TO HOME

Ep End:
REALIGN THE DEFLECTOR DISH TO EMIT [INSERT JARGON HERE] SO WE CAN GET CLOSER TO HOME.

I know a lot of other series had that but they often had some kind of social or sci-fi commentary, The Drumhead or Measure of a Man are great TNG eps.

As for worthwhile Voyager eps:

Tuvix
Tuvok and Neelix get fused into one unique person.

Blink of an Eye
Voyager gets trapped in orbit of a planet that ages several thousand times more quickly than the rest of the universe

Oblivion
Spoilers if I talk about it

Like this or better. I have a beagle too and they are great.

But it looks like shit. The sleekness of the NX should not be tarnished.

I'll do a recap of every Voyager episode ever
Fucking Voyager. So fucking stupid.

and it was on the air for 7 seasons.

shields down to 20 percent

and inverse tachyon pulse right at their deflector dish will overload their EPS grid causing their shields to drop. A well placed quantum torpedo will finish them off.
I could write for Star Trek.

Oh fuck I remember that now, how many months were they in borg space for? You can't just run from them, that has been established, they survived out of magic.

"Our technology will never be compatible with anti-neutrinos!" insta-teleportation tech? Put on scrap forever.

that's tng, voyager is more like "more power to the forward sheilds" - "yes captain" - "pew pew magic torpedos go!"

Does Janeway ever make it with 7 or 9?

not even close, voyager pandered to a growing female audience in the 90's when suggestive sexuality was still relegated to cable channels and daytime soap operas.

enterprise got pretty adventurous with jolene blalock though

The decon chamber? Those bits were kind of dropped after season 1.

7 of 9 and Janeway were "shipped", people used their friendship as an outlet to claim closet lesbians.

Dax in DS9 had the first dyke kiss on television, narrowing out Buffy.

T'Pol was nothing but booty.

This is the best and most accurate depiction of Voyager ever.

how many Kike Trek threads do we need?

Eleven

I don't know, how many anons need to kill themselves for wasting dubs?

youtube.com/watch?v=PIGxMENwq1k full spread

It has been a long fucking time since I laughed so hard my face hurt.

Required viewing for those not yet convinced that Voyager writers were phoning it in.

Can also get away with this.

This is good, but too many of the panels are repeated. A few suggestions:

-Ensign Kim's sub-plot involves an awkward sexual relationship.
-Someone has sex with a holodeck character.
-Voyager runs into someone from the Alpha Quadrant.
-Recurring character dying is undone by the end of the episode.
-Neelix's cooking is horrible. Dear god, why did they assign him this job?
-Voyager pauses their long journey home to vacation on an inviting planet, take part in a space race, have the Doctor become a celebrity on a planet that doesn't know what singing is, etc.
-"This will shave XX years off our journey!"
-Janeway gives pained speech about bending the rules or compromising Federation morals.
-Janeway bends the roles and compromises Federation morals.
-"Photonic"

And there's the fact that after the crews are integrated in the premiere, half of them being Maquis pretty much never comes up again, but I don't know how that would be listed.

Maybe that should be - wastes a precious photon torpedo?

Did Nolan influence the show?

More likely the other way around. Or the CIA/Bane duality has been in existence longer than previously thought.

Might need a bit of changes, but damn that's breddy gud

I want moonman in Star Trek now wtf

I wanted to dick those green girls so bad.

You forgot

10/10 summary, would read again

Yes. But even the show itself forgets what a shitshow the pilot really was. The Kazon had reinforcements incoming, and Tuvok thought it might take hours to figure out how to use the device.

There was no guarantee that Tuvok would have been able to get the Array to work for them in time before Kazon reinforcements had shown up.

SFDebris loves to selectively forget this too.

Beyond that, 99% of the criticisms that come up? Just pointless whining about shit that was also heavily present everywhere else.

By all means it isnt perfect, but you know what? Its still more enjoyable than TNG Season 1.

Unfair and nonspecific.

Half of those apply to….all the other Star Treks too.

what's the definitive klingon kino?
i made the mistake of starting enterprise because the first episode is supposed to be humanity's first encounter with a klingon
should i watch the rest?

One of the big problems with Voyager is that it was so reminiscent of TOS and TNG.

That is a good question.
Blood Oath on DS9 is pretty good although let down by being a Dax episode Although it is the one good Dax episode
Probably DS9 is going to be the best bet for finding the definitive Klingon kino.

Although there is an episode of Voyager where Klingons take on the Nazi's in a French town, The Killing Game I think it is.

TNG was superior Klingon kino. DS9 was only saved by Martok.

I said probably, TNG does suffer from a lot of Klingon episodes having too much Federation.

as far as i can tell, tng focused a lot more on the klingon empire and it's politics, but not nearly enough on the culture
ds9 focused more on worf himself, so culture was a given there
i'm more curious about the culture, not the politics

There was a nice Klingon episode on DS9 about Quark and a Klingon widow.

I wish I higher quality version of this clip.

I miss the days when I could see Nazis being slaughtered and not feel like the wrong side was winning.

The Quark and Grildka episodes of DS9.

You grew up.

We need to have a Holla Forums Klingon night to find the definitive Klingon kino.

Although if you wanted the definitive Klingon kino you would have to head to Holla Forums

That's a real episode?

yes

hell yeah it is

So just started watching DS9 again.
Looking at the shit the Federation are pulling it's hard to see them as the good guys. Though I can see them as the gud goys

I found that image rather horrifying.

the federation is what commies wish communism was

How many Bajorian grills do you think got blacked?

Didn't he go after Bajorian Milfs?

yeah they made an action figure out of fast paris with the rape babies as accessories

The Federation can only exist if everyone has an IQ of 120+ and technology can magically provide everyone with subsistence. But the IQ part is really important. Commies never figure that out which is why it always fails. Giving niggers free food just overwhelms society.

Not milfs but girls that were always older than him. Like 3-6 years.

Does it come with a rape kit?

The Maquis were right to rebel.

Maquis did nothing wrong!

Anyway

Then there is a scene where Sisko examine's Dax's rack.

Holla Forums needs to do a Star Trek stream one of these days.

Why is all science fiction unwatchable shit? Surely the genre can make something that isn't for children and manchildren.

I think I need a DS9 drinking game.

Wait, when did that happen?

First episode, first scene Dax is introduced. He's checking out dem titties as they walk.

Never realized how much of a hothead the Bajorians were.

So. Now we know why Klingons looked liked that.

What does it say that he chose to keep the Augmentation?

And it gave far fewer shits at the same time tho.

I hated how they tied the visual representation of Klingons into canon in Enterprise. The autistic fanbase that could not accept why the Klingons looked different between various shows, movies, and decades! I like the various designs of the Klingons and it's easier to simply say that they are of a different racial group or caste than "genetic augmentation". But now Klingons will always look like TNG Klingons.

NO

Fuck, I'm only on S4 of TNG.
I am in for some shit, aren't I?

Buckle up buttercup you're for some serious Brent Spiner memeing

were you blind?

enjoy klingons and romulans: the show
Q/Data episodes were the only worthwhile thing

The Bajorans are space mudslimes, the Ferengi are space jews.

the ferengi are capitalist jews, the bajorans are lolocaust jews

And cardassians are zionist jews, while the federation is the society the jews try sell to the gentiles. Romulans are the worst goyim.

what the fuck is wrong with you, cardassians were the nazis

So what's happening with Star Trek Discovery? Didn't a whole bunch of people quit?

Half right, they were communists before DS9 swapped them over to Nazis.

sure are

I have long thought that the Bajorans were like the Zoroastrians of Iran, Iraq and Pakistan(and maybe also the pre-Islamic Hindus/Brahmanists of what is now Pakistan). Cardassians I saw to be Something like the Rashidun and Umayyad-era mudslimes doing most of the dirty work of the Kikes/Hebes(in Voyager's case, the Cardassian leadership back at their home planet): conquering other lands in the name of "Allah", removing and destroying any actual spiritual texts, killing priests of the older religions, and tampering with the history of any peoples that they successfully occupy. The last part wasn't touched on directly in the show itself, but I'm sure that they did writing misleading things about the history of the Bajorans.

Even in the show after the rebellion is over you see them do dirty terrorist shit in the name of their gods the Prophets (peace be upon them.)

cardassians conquered for the sake of conquering, not for any religious reason
if the bajorans hadn't acted like bad goyim, their civilization would have prospered under cardassian rule

Think about that for a second. Only the Vulcans and Andorians are confirmed to have differing ethnic racial groups.

Everybody else killed theirs.

Bajorans only exist so Cpt Nigger can be declared Black Space Jesus.

Because Communists never did no Warcrimes.

Wrong, it wouldn't have prospered nor should it have.

You're reading an awful lot into that post, user.

they could have

Q/Data episodes are good shit for sure.
Here's my rankings:

Data episodes
Q episodes
Picard episodes

Riker episodes
Worf episodes
Episodes with minor characters (O'Brien, Barclay)
Geordi episodes

Troi episodes
Troi's mom episodes
Crusher/Pulaski episodes
Wesley episodes (thank god that fucker left the show this season)

aside from the one where he convinces people he's not a god, the rest were usually boring

I dunno, I watched the one where he went on a treasure hunt with a cute girl on Risa, that one was pretty decent.

only because of the cute girl

The early seasons were, but so was pretty much anything early season. Past season 3 there were a few good in particular, comfy ones.

Either way, how many inches user?

I stand corrected.

I am about to watch a Season 1 Dax episode, how should I prepare myself Holla Forums?

I never watched Voyager, how do they explain a negro Vulcan? The Bajorians have different racial groups. Humans still have niggers in the future.

Dax episodes are boring as fuck and are usually a way of telling a story about a Klingon. The whole ass parasite is just not interesting.

Does Dax exist to propagandize transgenderism or did they want an excuse for lesbian kissing on tv?

i dont think they ever try to explain it. why would they? motherfuckers have green blood and spikey elf ears, who the fuck cares if some of them are niggers

3 tv shows, 7 movies, and all of the sudden a nigger Vulcan shows up. That requires some explanation. Especially when Vulcans are either white or ((( white ))).

Jadzia is the best old man

Her episodes are still better than Vic Fontaine's

Janeway is the only thing worth watching in Voyager

Admiral the best.

I approve of this autism.

She had good hair style.

Well at least it has smug Garak.

congratulations, that's the rest of the series, minus the evil wormhole aliens that make cardassians into even more of a bad guy

Every time you post a smug Cardassian a Bajorian terrorist dies in a work camp!

We're approaching levels of smug Cardassian I never thought possible!

Anybody want to talk about the character assassination of Dukat when he and Sisco where stranded?

….yeah, but for them the difference apparently literally is skin deep.

Thats not what I was saying though.

They were like Goauld. Without the style.

i liked that episode, felt like the last good one with dukat
dukat had every right to be mildly upset with everyone around him
fucking space alien gods had to intervene just to stop his victories

Lol.

thats kinda the point that ds9 was saying, outside of the core systems (Earth, Vulkan, Trill etc) the feds are kinda a shit

drink every time Kira whines about the occupation

if the ferengi alliance ever had to poor their combined money into a fleet, how powerful would they be? would they actually be able to conquer anything?

fuck, i meant pour