Successful villains

ITT: Villains who actually succeeded in their goal. By the way, what do you think George Lucas thinks about the name 'Sheev' for the emperor?

Same thinking that made him do that.

The Sheev name was created after he sold Star Wars to Disney in the novel "Star Wars: Tarkin" so I don't think he was the one who came up with it.

Good thing his real-life counterpart has failed.

But Trump won, Soros is happy.

Yeah he's just delivering buses of people paid to pose as anti-trump rioters to show his support.

He got away with his life.
Which was more than he deserved.

Do what? Make fun of the devs retarded mary sue wannabe sith by giving them retarded names to pick from?

Stole his mojo.

This is the biggest problem with the prequels. Everyone was too afraid of George and George was too autistic that even when he was making a joke nobody in the room could tell.

Shut up.

Goddamn is star wars shit, I mean I get why kids like the old ones and i did too but goddamn

no it isnt, youre retarded youre a western liberal, and youre only half paying attention tops, go read some fucking actual news nigger, case in point this:

(N)GO directly linked to Soros, paying 15$hr + benefits to "STOP TRUMP". They just changed their catchphrase on all the craigslist ads because they got found out by leddit pepenormies and their busses have been photographed.

It sure was a wonderful life for Mr. Potter.

considering he made it up, i think he's fine with it.

Potter did nothing wrong

stay salty :)

He did the right thing. right?

no, his plan sucked

some sort of giant squid would have been better

See, I'm not defending the movie for changing shit, but I must've missed how a giant alien squid is connected to Dr. Manhattan.

the purpose of the squid is that humanity received something totally unexpected while on the brink of WW3: an attack from an alien civilization. with no dr. manhattan around to protect them, humanity would have no choice but to ally itself to defeat any extraterrestrial threats.

with the film, dr. manhattan is implied to have unintentionally given people close to him cancer, and so he leaves earth, pissed at all of humanity. thus, he attacks multiple cities in his anger (while the world is on the brink of war), and so humanity unites to defend themselves against him, despite it all being a setup.

same basic message, different execution.

Except Dr. Manhattan would have shrekt earth.

i think the idea is that it was a warning shot from the doc

The squid from the comics wouldn't have worked in the movie because there was no build-up through a side story. I think they did the best with what they had.

yeah, it's not like they could have put the side story in the movie

oh wait

well no, doing that would have had to have introduced all those artists and scientists. the tidbit about soviet troops moving across the afghan border was the little lorebit of world war 3 approaching. there are other little nitpicks that aren't as in your face, but i don't remember them since i haven't watched the movie in years.

But wouldn't that only be a temporary threat and people would be back at each others throats after a few decades? Kind of like the same problem with the ending of Code Geass.

yes, but Alan Moore is a hack

sam hamm thought the same thing as well

How does an external threat put an end to all political and economic struggles in the first place? What kind of government would have formed without pissing anybody off? The whole thing is retarded. Which is why when they do it for real they will have a unifying figure the antichrist for humanity to get behind.