ARE YOU TIRED OF SURREALIST CALARTS HUMOR THAT TEACHES MALADAPTIVE LESSONS TO YOUR CHILDREN YET, user?

ARE YOU TIRED OF SURREALIST CALARTS HUMOR THAT TEACHES MALADAPTIVE LESSONS TO YOUR CHILDREN YET, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/22678
sakugabooru.com/post/show/4314/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/16157/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/26961/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/19604/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/20881/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/22435/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/27017/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Faggot nigger

Looks like a good cartoon to watch with my wife's son.

I have been for a long time.
In cases like this the positive side is the industry makes the only good things even better.
If you want a good cartoon that parallels all the modern cartoon tropes go watch Over the Garden Wall
Sage because I don't feel animation ought to be on Holla Forums this goes on >>>Holla Forums

It's like you want to be called an autist.

My nigga, the show started getting real good after that. Too bad no one else can see that.

this. avatar TLA is acceptable too

This looks like an animated tumblr comic. The girl looks like that Israeli chick who does those tumblr fandom cartoons.

Season 4-9 is literally postmodernist kino.

Season 2/3 was the beginning of the end

Because the movie was supposed to be the actual end of the series.

I know this is a shitposting thread, but there are reasons why this cartoon exists.

1. Detailed animation is expensive.
2. Animation that's cynical and grounded like King of the Hill is not what kids/teens watch, I tell ya what.
3. All animation is escapism, which can easily lend itself to inaccurate aesops if the premise of the world is what someone wishes the world was like.
4. Clever humor is extremely hard to write.
5. Experimental animation makes advertisers piss their pants.

That being said, I wish cartoon network would give me a staff & cash to make a cartoon, but #4 is quite an obstacle.

I'll read what you wrote seriously, as long as you rewrite it where "hard" = "requires effort"

So people are too lazy and greedy?
That's not a valid reason that's admitting to being an idiot.

postmodernism is degenerate
hitler would have prevented this

>>>/facebook/

In an industry that routinely undercuts art for the bottom line, greedy and lazy are the causes. Plus nobody learns stuff at CalArts anymore. If they did, it wouldn't be economical to make beautifully detailed animation for a regular series, TV is declining in popularity and thus capital.

All hard things require effort. Writing a script that can surprise you and make you laugh while also working as a good plot is uniquely hard.

Hitler was autistic. Postmodernism is fine when it takes effort and is not pompous. Gogol and his disdain of poshlost and usage of peasant language can be classified as postmodernism.

everytime

What the hell is calarts?

An art school which is known to produce artists who only know how to draw generic toonshit cartoons which are seen in about every modern cartoon show now.

Does this have anything to do with coleasquid?
I get that kind of vibe from the art style.

California Institute of Arts I think that's the school's name

Animation in America is outsourced wholesale to South Korea, and even then budgets are 2-13 times higher than in Japan. Production times are longer too. And of course nowadays the slow and cumbersome process of cel animation is no longer used, which should result in much faster and less labor-intensive production. Outsourcing or working with off-site partners is significantly easier too thanks to the internet.

And yet things look like shit.

This is the work of Kyoto Animation:
sakugabooru.com/post/show/22678
sakugabooru.com/post/show/4314/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/16157/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/26961/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/19604/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/20881/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/22435/
sakugabooru.com/post/show/27017/

Unlike most anime studios, they do their work mostly in-house with salaried employees who are paid above industry averages. These days they produce their own shows, which means more financial risk but also more rewards (as opposed to simply being contracted by someone else to produce a show). They also run their own animation school. From what I've heard, their budgets are not higher or much higher than average, which a study put at $150,000 per episode in 2010 or 2011.

The Simpsons spends $300,000 per lead actor per episode, so not only does the show make enough money to allow for such high salaries, but that's what they choose to spend their money on. Steven Universe has more viewers than almost any late night anime, and the episodes are half length, yet it looks like shit.

At some point you have to stop blaming the budget, and that point was passed a long time ago. American TV animation does not have a budget problem.

Since the last user covered 1, I'll move onto the others.

When your choice of "adult" animation is mostly shows about a dysfunctional family in a realistic but wacky environment where they have shenanigans, your going to feel extremely blasé and jaded, especially when its because everyone's following the industry leader and doing the same thing. (Thanks, Seth Macfarlane.)

I couldn't agree more. Since, Cartoon Network opened its gates to cultural marxists, we've gotten reprehensible mixed messages like those in Steven Universe where we had a rich boy who was obviously meant to be a straw misogynist caricature be visibly hated by Steven, because *gasp!* He kept asking a woman Steven was fused into to dance with him and was too stupid to take a hint. And in his next appearance, he devolved into a straw internet troll caricature which was never implied in the last episode and only served as the antagonist of a contrived anime homage. Then there was the forced abusive relationship analogy from Lapis and Jasper that was also extremely contrived and cliché. But the fans excused it under the sad excuse of "It has a good message for kids, and that's all that matters."

And I say this again; It's not a message that makes a good story, it's a good story that makes a message.

It really depends on what you're writing and aiming to achieve with humor. Sometimes it'll work and sometimes it'll fail.

What do you mean by this?

Their executives would probably just slash your budget, impose their creative control on you, and turn your cartoon into a completely different entity than you had originally envisioned. That's also true for the gaming and film industries. Just look at how publishers and the big studios are churning out game after game, movie after movie every single year by riding off of name recognition with no regard for quality. They do so at the expense of the developers and creative people. Just ask Hideo Kojima and Frank Darabont about how easy it was to have their visions realized.

That's bland-looking even by those standards

Like any of the basement dwelling fat autists that make up this board will ever have children beyond the ones they kidnap for sex.

They should have continued Rocket Dog.

Wasn't that picked up as an Australian children's series?

I am tired OP, this is the reason I stopped watching 99% of western cartoons, they're pure shit. You can take all these piece of shit hipster try hard LOL SPAGHETTI ARMS shows and mix them all together and they won't compare to an actual weird but great show, Courage the cowardly dog for example, that show had soul.

This is just cheap, and I don't know what makes it feel so cheap. It's either the very trendy girl in the group of guys, or plots that try too hard to be weird. In your video for example he picked up the suit and put his friends on the suit and then ran over some buildings… yeah, I get it, very random. And not funny.

These hipsters can create all the quirky characters spaghetti bodies shows they want, it just won't surpass those which actually were good.

It can't be just me, am I crazy for thinking this is amazing compared to things like adventure time and regular show?

I atempted to killed myself 20 times by the end of that cartoon.

Courage the cowardly dog was a fantastic show, that scene alone had so much more creativity in it than majority of modern cartoons.

I kind of like it, actually. There characters are pretty bland though.

If I understand correctly, part of the process in getting a show approved is having it previewed by advertising executives. If they can see the value in advertising during the commercial breaks, the show is greenlit. If the show seems to not fall in a single demographic it will make the advertisers feel uneasy and not approve it.

Just take Invader Zim. It was done so well the show actually appealed to an older audience than what was intended. It failed to hit the 8-11 demographic as well as Spongebob, and so instead of simply advertising products for teens and adults during that time, they cancelled it.

Please stop dignifying Marxism with such an idea. I don't know why things got this way but since the internet has been stealing eyeballs from television, it makes sense that the shows are looking cheaper and cheaper to preserve profit.

Thanks for the reply, matey.

dont bash marxism, capital cuck

Wasn't this made by the Courage the cowardly dog guy?

considering that's the show it's from, I'd image so yeah.

If i wound up with such a situation i would show the kid the wonderous world of Furries…

Ruin him for good!

Yes. I'm also tired of cartoons on Holla Forums.

i don't like the artstyle, but i still chuckled a few times
could be worse

My children will not watch tv

Theyt will all be olimpic super athetles and read a book a day

Their grandchildren will purge this planet

What happened to Zim more or less happened to Gundam and Evangelion too… and they're both now institutions rather than one-off cult classics. Gundam was at first bankrolled by a toy company, and Evangelion came about when Anno was out drinking with a record company representative. The networks in which the shows aired seem to have played no significant part in the proceedings.

You know you can't make children by jerking off on your computer monitor, right?

Too bad the more fever dreamy moments stick out in my mind more

But it is cultural marxism. Yes, Cartoon Network's goal isn't to brainwash its audience into the Frankfurt school of thought, but it certainly tolerates it. You have cucks like Rebecca Sugar and Julia Vickerman among others shoving identity politics down the throats of children through their work to propagate their social agenda, focusing on what the characters are rather than who they are to virtue signal to look "progressive" as if having a black bisexual androgynous genderfluid computerkin in their shows does anything to help the people they claim to represent.

We've already seen the ineffectuality of this cancer to take root in gaming and film. But in an industry like animation where contempt for the audience is widespread with the mentality "it's just for kids" and the budgets are cynically low, the environment is perfect for marxist thought to take place. But instead of it being the haves vs the have nots, its the oppressed vs the oppressors.

Dem moral lessons kiddos.

It has taken root well enough that I no longer buy any Western games except old ones. Anything I see on the Steam queue that doesn't look Japanese gets automatically flagged as not interested. And even Japanese games aren't entirely safe.

Do you have any examples?

(I fucked up with my posting there.)

There was so much of it that I stopped trying to keep track.

But one example is Obsidian. A Kickstarter backer for Pillars of Eternity had a limerick included in the game, as a reward. Some crazy tranny on Twitter was triggered by it because he somehow interpreted it as transphobic. Obsidian claimed they had no knowledge of the limerick and it was included in the game without checking it (yeah right), and they dumped all the responsibility onto the backer by asking him what he wants to do. He felt pressured to change it, so it was changed.

Television shows are invented to make people watch the commercials. Any identity politics or political ideas in the show are inconsequential and merely window dressing to this fact.

you have to go back to Leftypol with the rest of the cuckolds..

goes on Holla Forums

back to your safe space, libcuck

Stop posting cartoons here, or else we will invade Holla Forums and flood it with Anime and REAL, GENUINE Waifus.

No it doesn't.

The only cartoon you should let your kids be watching is Dragonball Z.
Kill all space alien trannies. Do it for your race.