Phineas and Ferb is the one cartoon that was never cancerous even once

Phineas and Ferb is the one cartoon that was never cancerous even once.

I wish I had said that.

Phineas and Ferb is one of the most overrated cartoon show to have come out in the past 10 years. Prove me wrong.

Pro-tip: YOU CAN'T

Overrated? Barely anyone talks about it.

Also, I think we can all identify with Dr Doofenshmirtz.

Also that Marvel crossover was pretty dire. I blame the Marvel side of things.

Phineas was a Gary Stu

I like Bowling for Soup

My theory was that Phineas actually died several times, but that Isabella ripped the time space continuum a new one several times to get Phineas back.

I would Candace

It and the Star Wars one wasn't as bad as they could have been

You're more annoying than the Anytown fag

Doof was the best. I miss his Daily Dirt.

Mods, could you please start banning threads like this? It's very obviously just one guy,

M-mods! Delete threads due to the OP!!1

someone pls post some candace lewds

This show really missed the opportunity for a Kim Possible crossover.

Between the Perry and Doof side of the show and Vanessa I swear they must have been going for a spiritual successor.

Phineas and Ferb was never good. It's the time of show only children and autists like yourself op could enjoy.

We are sorry to hear you do not care for this particular topic. In order to assist us make your Holla Forums experience more pleasurable, please submit a complete list of cartoons and comics you don't like so we'll know which ones to ban before they can trigger you

It's not just one guy. There IS one guy dumping his disturbingly enormous P&F image folder, but there are plenty of unique IDs in here.

It's hard to talk much about Phineas and Ferb, it's a comfy show but not much controversial to fuel argument. Aside, apparently, from waifus.

How can a supporting character be a Gary Stu? Besides, it's Ferb who has all the blueprints.
Candace and Doofenshmirtz are the real protagonists.

Phineas and Ferb was meh at best to me. It just never appealed to me at all.

Ah shucks, I just have a thing for Isabella.

There are. You just can't see them.

You might be onto something there.

I only started watching the show right before the marathon run up to the last movie, because I was flipping channels late one night.

I enjoyed it much more than I would have ever suspected, given the design of the two title characters. I liked a lot of the songs, many of the jokes and continuity references were amusing.

And, they managed to sneak in at least three direct "Does a bear shit in the woods?" jokes in two episodes.

For a frame of reference, I turned 39 a few months later.

This show looks pretty awful.

Kinda funny that despite the title characters' designs, they're pretty much by far the most cartoony looking characters; everyone else tends to look pretty normal.

I think there's a lot of features about the show that are kind of obsoleted from early designs; the idea from the intro that the brothers would be actively annoying/pranking their sister rather than obliviously driving her nuts while they do stuff solely for fun.

The heads are still based on shapes

Was Agent P and Doof always pitched as part of the show?

Good question, I dunno. I'd think so, given despite the seperation they're worked in pretty closely; I don't think it's the first cartoon to have that kind of seperate-but-related element to it.

It helps that there isn't much thematic difference; there's something of a parallel between Agent P and Doof, and Candace and the boys. Mad science as a casual thing is already understood, and it lends itself to playing with all kinds of dramatic irony and ridiculous coincidences.

It reminds me of classic Looney Tunes, Road Runner in particular; there is a formula and strict rules, they stick to them (Except for special occasions) and the audience soon learns them, which means they can play with them in all kinds of ways.

It's much better than it has any right to be.

That doesn't change the fact that it looks pretty awful so shut the fuck up faggot.

Nah.

Now that you bring it up, I think a big part of the show's charm is that the title characters never do anything out of malice or an intent to upset anyone. They're purely out to have fun, and include as many people in that fun as possible.

Except for a few rare moments in the early episodes, they never even have so much as a critical comment for anyone. It's only in the big finale that they have anything bad to say, and that's in response to a perceived betrayal.

And it's only toward the actually, evil, murderous, villain in that movie that they ever show a real intent to cause problems.

Ultimately, Candace's distress was self-created, and she's shown to have a good time in every episode where she just joins in the fun.

Even with the jokes thrown in for adults, the show is relentlessly wholesome. Which is something I could normally not care less about, but with this show it is an appealing factor.

The movie you're talking about isn't the finale. Though it is a very big thing (Buford even points it out) whenever Phineas has a bad word to say about anyone.

Dan and Swampy's original mission statement was, iirc, "No one is an idiot or a jerk". Should be prominent given I think they used to work on Family Guy. You don't need people being irredeemable assholes to make absurd comedy work. (Again, I think that's Looney Tunes style)

…and why is that?

OP is messing with us.
I don't care.

How about that one time they referenced the carameldancing meme when they took a trip to Japan?

OP is messing with us.
Keep up.

I never hated the show

It just felt so generic too me
A couple of kids doing non-typical shit and going on adventures during summer break has just been sone to death already

Even the parents being oblivious to the kids misadventures is a standard trope at this point

Hell, the whole point of the villian was specifically to present villian tropes and then subvert them

The character designs also seem painfully uninspired, Isabella was literally a Jane Doe Mary Sue character

Overall though, the thing I hate most about the show was the shitty fictional rock band tie in whose songs were extremely cringeworthy levels of lame

Not a terrible show, not the best show on Earth either, overall just "harmless"

I thought the Phineas character was taking a poke at the genius kid thing Disney always does, and I liked Isabella.
The weird inventions were fun. We don't have to worry about kids trying to imitate those inventions, no sir.

This show sucked
why are you guys fapping to it

We are fapping to Phineas and Ferb ironically.
How is that your business, citizen?

I refuse to believe this thread isn't a samefag orgy.

You can pick only one.

To mix it up from the fanart dump

Say what you want about this show, it had some goddamn catchy songs.

Yes, yes it did.

idk man…

Need more yandere.

OP is being sarcastic.
Oops, now I ruined the joke.
Maybe you can still enjoy this
thread ironically.

Why did I read/hear this in a British accent?

Implying sweet Isabella could be evil in any way.

this show is alright and i can appreciate a thread on it, but a lot of this art is pretty bad and gay

post candace

Don't you mean post some Perry?

Just checking to see if anyone is watching hits thread.

corndogs

i've never been able to enjoy this show. it rubs me the wrong way and i can't even articulate how or why

Never watched it but the lolis look breddi gute

I always pretended Phineas and Ferb was
a parody, a send up of the child prodigy thing
thing that Disney corp culture is so fond of.

Maybe it is.

They've been pitching the show to different networks since the 90s. Disney was kind of a last resort for them.

The whole concept of the show does kinda seem like a bunch of old cartoons all blended together in your head.

Though it's not only Disney; I think a lot of the formula is owed to Dexter's Lab, just with the roles reversed.

Was Isabella a stalker like Helga?

I don't think this place even has mods

Have you even watched the show? She's basically a bog-standard 'friend with raging crush too shy to confess'.

That's what I'm asking. How much is Isabella like Helga?