Ghoul School: Something's Cooking

Yes, this is still going. Been meaning to start up a new thread here on Fullchan for a while now, but finally have a good enough excuse to do so.

So, recently I was able to get in touch with Glenn Leopold, the writer of the 1988 "Scooby Doo & the Ghoul School" TV movie. Mr. Leopold has graciously allowed for a short interview on the subject, which I will now post in this thread.

Writefagging, fanart, and project speculation and planning to follow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Vba3My-QsiA
youtu.be/c3ONr55hYZg
youtu.be/CU8Au_RiWok
youtu.be/oTpdqT4WJmM
youtu.be/BU6Ya2-1_oM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simurgh
curtsibling.deviantart.com/
kt-draws.tumblr.com/
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/526987
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/641158
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/686058
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let's begin with the interview with Mr. Leopold.

TOONSPEW: Was this movie set up as a thinly-veiled pilot for a spinoff series? It's notable that Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy don't do much aside from witness, gasp and make punny commentary at the monstrous characters and events happening around them. There are also some characters that seem like they have some sort of backstory that would have been explored if picked up to become a show (Cadet Miguel's amazing skills with machinery being one such example). So the prevailing theory is that this Scooby & Shaggy were bundled into the movie as a way to sell it, piggybacking on the Scooby Doo franchise's steady popularity to help grab viewers. I also can't help but notice that just a couple of years later, you wrote nearly the entire season of a show with an uncannily similar premise, "Gravedale High". Was Gravedale a reworked version of Grimwood?

GLENN: HB was doing 10 made for TV movies, and Joe Barbera came up with the ideas, I believe. Scooby and Shaggy and Scrappy were the marquee names for this movie. Not sure if GS was considered as a series.

GRAVEDALE HIGH with Rick Moranis was created by David Kirschner when he became head of HB. Moranis was the marquee name. Not sure if DK ever referenced or saw GS. I wrote and story edited with my friend Ernie Contreras. We were story editors on THE SMURFS and when that show ended, we moved onto GRAVEDALE.

TOONSPEW: How much was executive meddling responsible for the content of Ghoul School?Some baffling inclusions, such as Scrappy Doo's rap song that finishes off the movie, are easy to imagine being items on some marketing exec's checklist. Did you have many constraints when writing this movie, or were you given free reign? I'd also love to hear about any ideas that might have been cut out of an earlier draft or were otherwise edited out of the final movie.

GLENN: There were periodic meetings with Joe Barbera as the acts of the script were written, so he could give his input on gags or story. Don't remember things that were cut. I'm a songwriter, so was happy to do lyrics for SCRAPPY'S RAP. But not sure who suggested we even do a rap song. Maybe there were songs in the other movies, too?

TOONSPEW: Do you recall what your thoughts on Scrappy Doo were at the time of writing? Knowing now in hindsight how universally reviled he is (to the point that he was made into an outright evil villain for the 2002 live action movie) and his name today is considered synonymous with annoying, unwanted characters. Was there an inkling that this character wasn't going to be as well received as Hanna Barbera hoped?

GLENN: Scrappy was just kinda annoying and it was always "Lemme at im, and I'll splat him, Uncle Scoob!" Not sure the studio realized what would happen with Scrappy. There were other SCOOBY offshoots, like SCOOBY DUM, over the years. Guess HB thought Scrappy might add some manic energy that would lead to some humor. What can I say? Used him because I was told to.

CHARACTER SPECIFIC QUESTIONS

TOONSPEW: Was Elsa Frankenteen's first name a reference to Elsa Lanchester (the actress who played the Bride of Frankenstein)? Or a reference to Elsa Frankenstein, the fictional granddaughter who appears in the Universal Studios films "Ghost of Frankenstein" and "Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman"? Was the name changed to "Frankenteen" because of some copyright issue, or was it just an opportunity for a pun?

GLENN: Yes, it was definitely a reference to Elsa Lanchester, with her distinctive Bride-of-Frankenstein streaked hair. Liked the pun of Frankenteen. Not sure if there was a legal issue.

TOONSPEW: Why was Phantasma's father an actual ghost (and maybe a Peter Lorre caricature?) rather than the cinematic Phantom of the Opera, as all the other ghouls seem to have been lifted directly from the Universal Studios incarnations of the monsters.

GLENN: Good question. Thought of her as a ghostly phantom, with a ghostly dad, and didn't really think of Lon Chaney and Phantom of the Opera, though maybe I should have. Could have done operatic gags, I guess.

TOONSPEW: Where did Tanis' name come from? The only connection anyone has been able to find was an obscure abandoned Egyptian city.

GLENN: It's a reference to those Universal mummy movies where they are always boiling up tana leaves. Tana became Tanis, when I was thinking of a name for a girl mummy.

TOONSPEW: Is there any explanation for how or why these three young girls all apparently met their untimely demise and became various types of undead, or are we just thinking about this way to hard? And for the record, how old are the five girls intended to be?

GLENN: You're thinking way too hard – or working on GHOUL SCHOOL: ORIGINS. Never thought about that. They are just monster kid archetypes. As for their ages, good question. Maybe 10 to 16?

TOONSPEW: Who was Miss Grimwood, and how did she end up teaching a school full of monsters? By all accounts she appears to be a normal, if spooky, human woman. Some fans seem to feel there is an implication that she is a witch of some stripe, although she's never actually shown casting spells or anything similarly supernatural. Since the Scooby Doo universe is filled with people who react to monsters with shock and fear, Miss Grimwood stands out as a real oddity and there's a lot of wonder as to her background. Any deeper story there?

GLENN: No deeper story there. She was just an oddball Hermione Gingold-type who runs a school for girl ghouls, but isn't really a monster or witch herself. That's kinda goofy in itself, no? But feel free to give her any background you think is cool! GHOUL SCHOOL: THE GRIMWOOD GRIMOIRE

TOONSPEW: For that matter, is the Ghoul School set in any particular region? The presence of the military academy seems to imply it's an American school, and the swampland leads many to place it in Louisiana, though none of the characters speak with a southern accent. Then again, at one point Sibella flies off to buy a pizza that costs "one Transylvanian dollar", so maybe the whole movie takes place in Romania?

GLENN: Another good question. I'd say some swampy American region of cartoonland. If it was filmed live, it could have been shot in Romania. When Sibella flies off to get a pizza, she can be flying anywhere – including Transylvania. She uses Transylvanian dollars, cuz that's her currency. If she bought it at the corner American pizza joint, she'd still probably use them.

TOONSPEW: There are a few particularly baffling moments in the movie that never fail to elicit a loud round of gasps, bewildered laughter, and applause. I've put them into a little clips on youtube for you here to refresh your memory, if you could shed any light on where these ideas came from and how they made it to the final movie, we can finally lay this confusion to rest.

-Sibella attempts to seduce(?) a much older man (just listen to that saxophone!) youtu.be/Vba3My-QsiA

GLENN: I wouldn't say seduce. Just gently using her vampire wiles and hypnotic power. I wasn't responsible for the music score.

-The Calloway Cadets have better toys than James Bond.
youtu.be/c3ONr55hYZg
youtu.be/CU8Au_RiWok
youtu.be/oTpdqT4WJmM

GLENN: Needed to give these guys some powers (gadgets) to compete with the monster abilities of the girl ghouls. Wouldn't be fair without them having cool stuff.

-Revolta stashed a broom-powered rocket shed in the middle of the swamp.
youtu.be/BU6Ya2-1_oM

GLENN: I dunno. Could have been Mr. Barbera's suggestion.

MODERN INTEREST

TOONSPEW: If you were asked to write this same movie premise today, with 30 years of additional experience as a writer and for a modern 2016 audience, what would you do differently?

GLENN: I'm sure it would be (and the studio would want it to be) a lot edgier after all the animated stuff and attitudes since then. Funny, I saw three coming attractions of CGI movies and it was fart jokes in all three. And Sibella would probably get that seduction scene for real now. Revolta would be scarier. But I like the kinder, gentler GHOUL SCHOOL, which was of its time – and beyond, apparently. I do remember my favorite GS line: "Poison ivy soup. Made from scratch."

TOONSPEW: What is your personal reaction to learning of the sudden upswell in interest of this nearly 30-year old movie? What would you think if the fans' efforts to compile a pitch bible for a revived animated tv series actually bore fruit?

GLENN: I'm immensely gratified and thrilled to know that fans are still responding to GS and its bad puns. A very pleasant surprise that it still resonates, for whatever reason. The fans should definitely try to revive it, if they have a passion for it! I'm sure it would be great!

TOONSPEW: I've been keeping a growing collection of the very best and most original writing and art to come together from the fans, and included a small selection of it here. I know it would make their day if you could give your quick impression of the fans' concept art that I've attached with this email.

GLENN: I'm blown away by the energy and imagination of the fans' GS stuff. It is amazing that this little goofy TV movie has reverberated over three decades to inspire you guys! I'm glad I was able to help plant the seed back in those HB days. Hope I shed some light on your questions! Thanks!

Congrats for the huge accomplishment. This must've been an honor to get a chance to speak with him.

Neat man

I dunno how many times you've been asked this but have you finished Ghoul Girls Gone Wild yet?

So, what now?

Cool interview, OP. Some of the questions you asked him were kind of weird though.

Thanks! Yes, it was pretty thrilling for me, though I'm sure most people wouldn't even know who he is. But still it was neat to find out about some of his writing influences and stuff, and get his "blessing" as it were for the revival project.

No, I haven't. Sorry. I'm really tempted to just scrap the epilogue since I'm not making any progress on it, except that I have a couple of fun ideas that I'd like to get into a sex scene.

There's a couple of hurdles; for one thing, I wrote that fic before I'd decided on Elsa's german accent, so all of her lines read in the dullard American voice she had in the original movie. I've either gotta go back and edit her German accent in, or flip back and forth between American Elsa in the NSFW writing and German Elsa in the SFW writing, which is not easy to do mentally. The other problem is that, the more SFW stuff I write with these characters the harder it becomes to treat them as sex-starved sluts for the fapfic. I know, I know, don't worry I'm not going to say they are my "daughteru" or anything weird like that. But it's just the characterization of their personalities are diverging more and more, much like the accent thing, and it's difficult to return to the headspace I was in when originally writing the fic.

Which ones did you think were weird?

I figure the next thing I'll do is post up a Valentine's story I've been working on, and continue working on that here so that people can comment and offer suggestions.

Unless anyone has specific questions or requests? And I'm still in touch with Glenn, so if you have questions or comments that you would like to reach his ears, drop them in the thread and I'll see if I can get a second round of questions out of him at a later date.

>-Sibella attempts to seduce(?) a much older man (just listen to that saxophone!) youtu.be/Vba3My-QsiA
These personally struck me as odd questions.

Don't think of them as sex-starved. Instead try viewing their sexual antics as an opportunity to show off their more naughtier habits when the cameras aren't rolling.

It that doesn't help, try making a list of all the behaviors and kinks for any potential nsfw stories or commissions for future reference and away from the sfw stuff.

I want MORE ghost girls

Well I want to see more mummy girls and big breasts Frankenteens.

I am baby cakes, I am the world!

They are a little weird I guess, but they are questions that came up repeatedly over the course of a dozen threads and streaming the movie a dozen different times. The Sibella seduction was just a big WTF moment, and the speculation about how Phantasma and Tanis and Elsa might have died usually comes up at some point or another. So I was just passing on what seemed to be something a lot of people were curious about.

That's good advice for regular stories, such as all the preceeding chapters, but the epilogue was meant to be an orgy scene. So basically all five of the girls just throwing their normal personalities out the window and acting like sluts. And ultimately raw random sex just doesn't interest me as much as plot-driven sex, I've learned.

Anyway, I'm just making excuses now. I'll still try to take another stab at it soon, I promise.

Well if you really don't feel comfortable writing the girls so vastly OOC in such lust, There's not really anything I can do to persuade you to change your mind about this. While am I a tad let down that there won't a huge lesbian orgy between the Grimwood gals, I'm still very grateful for the wonderfully written story you have shared with the World Wide Web.

Although, I certainly wouldn't mind if we were to see a picture loosely based on this scrapped epilogue of all five girls in the middle of or basking in the aftermath of an orgy.

I've got a list of ghoul school commissions in the cue, both SFW and NSFW, the only thing holding them back is how quickly my paychecks roll in. So if you want to speed things up, you're welcome to donate funds. Mr. D (pic related) goes for about $120, and I'd be happy to work on the specific composition of the pic with him on your behalf.

An orgy scene would be great, but what I plan to spend my own money on in the months to come are a breast size comparison chart and some SFW character concept art of the Calloway Cadets and supporting cast characters to be included in the pitch bible, now that I've got a very distant contact with WB.

I'm more than willing to help you out financially. Unfortunately, I don't know if I can donate that much cash in total but I'll see what I can do.

Also if you don't mind a little input, I have one small detail I'd like to see in said orgy pic.

That breast size chart sounds fun. Are there any other artists you have in contingency in case Mr. D isn't available.

Moving at a brisk pace rather than the slow shuffle usually associated with the undead of Egypt, Tanis made her way into class and found her desk a good five minutes before the morning bell. Elsa and Sibella were waiting for her there, the older teens enjoying some light conversation amid the low chatter of the classroom. Tanis always preferred to have a little time for gossip before lessons began, but today her attention was immediately seized by the unusual change of scenery adorning the classroom walls.

“Hey Elsa, what’s with all the hearts?” Tanis asked innocently of her classmate. Elsa quirked an eyebrow at the interruption but gave the most straightforward answer that she could.

“A body as large as mein requires enhanced oxygenation of the tissues to combat lethargy und maintain peak cognitive faculties. Given my generous frame, a multi-heart circulatory system was deemed more efficient zhan–”

“I think she’s talking about the Valentine’s decorations, Elsa,” Sibella interjected politely, gesturing to the dozen cartoon hearts made of lace and pink construction paper that had been stapled up around the classroom. “It’s just a yearly holiday tradition,” Sibella explained, turning her attention to her young mummy friend.

“Another one? We just finished celebrating winter solstice, the death of the previous year, and the coronation of the King Martin Luther,” Tanis complained wearily. “I’m kinda burned out on all the shopping and feasting and dressing up. So, what’s this holiday about?”

Sibella leaned in close and treated Tanis to a smug, fang-baring smile. “Valentine’s Day is when the boys get romantic.”

Tanis’s eyes widened. Her frown dropped away, replaced with an astonished open-mouth gape. “Go on…”

“The tradition begins with passing out cards or notes, mainly to your biggest crush. Boys are usually terrified of telling a girl that they’re interested on them out loud, so writing it down instead seems to help.”

“Cowards!” Elsa commented from her desk. “If a male desires to breed he should haff ze spine to march oop und tell you to your face. And zhen be harshly slapped for DARING to presume that I would waste mein time mingling genetic material vhen I am perfectly capable of creating life on mein own.”

“Elsa has never really gotten the hang of flirting,” Sibella said as excuse for her, respectfully lowering her voice. “Her last attempt at a Valentine had an actual human heart stapled to the card.”

“Eet vas supposed to be EIN PUN!” Elsa groused. “Eet’s not mein fault squeamish human boys cannot grasp superior anatomical comedy.”

“Uhm, so what should I do?” Tanis asked, not wanting her first efforts at romance to crash and burn as Elsa’s had.

“Well that depends Tanis, are there any boys you know that are, erm, ‘special’ to you?” Sibella asked. Tanis managed a confused pout under her wrappings.

“Special?”

“Yes, you knoooow… A crush. A sweetheart. A boy you like being around, who makes you feel good about yourself and treats you nicely and maybe he brings you gifts, and you feel like you have butterflies in your belly if you hold his hand…?”

“Hmmm,” Tanis pondered, “I thought I felt that once, but when I checked inside my chest cavity it turned out it was actually a nest of gypsy moths in my lungs.”

“That’d be a ‘no’, then,” Sibella surmised.

"Not to worry Tanis. If you haven't got anyone particular on your mind, that just means you're free to play the field! Believe me, there's nothing more fun than picking through the boys and sorting the duds from the keepers," Sibella informed Tanis, making the mummy's smile grow brighter by the second.

"Will you help me find a real cute one Sibella?"

"Of course! The ladies of House Dracula have always had excellent TASTE in men," Sibella boasted, her fangs gleaming. Sibella sighed briefly, her eyes glazing as she reached into her notebook and pulled out a photograph of her beau. "Of course my advice will be purely academic, seeing as I'm going steady with Cadet Roper now. I can't wait to see what special plans he's made for us on our outing tonight!"

"Goooood morning students!" Miss Grimwood called out in the singsong voice she tended to use when in a good mood. And usually when she was in a good mood, it meant she'd been on the line with Colonel Calloway at the boy's school down the street.

Winnie and Phantasma rushed into the room and dashed to their seats, parking their butts in their chairs just in time to take the morning attendance. “Good morning Miss Grimwood!” The two tardy teens recited in tandem, smiling perfect angelic smiles to hide their near absenteeism.

"Winnie, Phantasma, I’m glad you could join us today,” their teacher said, fixing them with a brief glare before moving on. “Before we begin today's lessons, I have a few announcements to make. As you're no doubt aware, this weekend marks a rather special day of the year. Valentine's Day is one of the best opportunities you’ll have for exploring feelings of romance and love, and since there's only so much that can happen at an all-girl's school I’ll be relaxing the usual rules on your curfew.”

The classroom became a crowd of excited smiles, eager to make use of the unexpected extra freedom. Grimwood usually kept a tight leash on her students to make sure their more monstrous sides didn’t get the themselves or the school into trouble, but Miss Grimwood was nothing if not a sucker for young romance. “To that end, the boys at the military academy have offered to escort you to a local mixer party being held in town. I think you'll agree that this is a golden opportunity to put what you've learned about proper human socialization into practice, and I strongly suggest that you take the boys up on their offer."

"Woo woo!" Phantasma hollered, flying up into the air to flip about in excitement. "Co-ed party!"

"Keeping in mind! That the cadets will be there as your chaperons, so you don't get in over your heads," Grimwood clarified. Love notes and flirty kisses on the cheek were one thing, but the last thing she needed was a scandal on the evening news.

"You see?" Sibella said to Tanis, "Perfect hunting grounds to find yourself a hunk."

"Perfect hunting grounds to find myself some pizza!" Winnie broke into their conversation. "Don't go getting her hopes up Sibby. Dating might be a snap for a tall sultry number like you, but girls like Tanis and me are invisible to guys. They look right through us."

"Hey, me too!" Phantasma laughed as she drifted past through the air, only to be swatted away by Winnie's tail.

"Listen ta me Tanis, just concentrate on having a good time and forget about boys. All they want is to slobber on you and listen to you tell them how cool they are."

"Aww," Tanis pouted.

"Oh hush now Winnie, just because you can't get any decent male attention doesn't mean Tanis has the same curse," Sibella retorted, turning her nose up at Winnie's pessimism and addressing Tanis again. "Tell you what, how about tonight I be your wing-woman? I'll keep the dirtbags away and help the cute ones to notice you."

"Thanks Sibella!" Tanis gushed, her enthusiasm fully restored, and leaned over to hug her mentor across the aisle between the rows of desks.

"Ahem! Ladies?" Miss Grimwood snapped their attention back to the front of the classroom. "Time enough for chitchat later, we still have a full day's schoolwork ahead of us. THEN you can let your hair down."

Phantasma drifted back to her seat and Sibella, Tanis and Winnie all sat up straight and opened their books to the current lesson. Unnoticed to them, Elsa had been staring straight ahead all alone, a perturbed stare on her face. All this talk of romance and flirting had triggered something deep inside of her and she could feel it now, ticking away like a metronome, each half-second-tick twisting her guts around into a tightening coil. What was this mysterious mechanism, and for what purpose could it have been rigged to activate today of all days?

While their teacher conducted their classwork, Elsa slipped a hand into a side-zipper in her dress. Fumbling around her midsection, she checked her various internal organs by sense of touch alone. With a little awkward finger work (made twice as difficult because she was doing her best not to tip anyone off as to what she was up to) Elsa reached into her abdomen and located the offending body part. With a grunt and a grimace she pulled it out, trailing some miscellaneous entrails and sludged blood out with it.

"Ach du lieber, a biological clock!" Elsa exclaimed at the sight of it. The numbers were counting down from a scant fifteen years, with denotations for "boyfriend", "engagement", and "marriage all marked off. The final point on the dial was marked with an ominous "baby o'clock"

"Ms. Frankenstein, exposing your internal organs is a violation of the school's dress code," Miss Grimwood cautioned sternly.

"Ah- a- mein apologies, direktorin!" Elsa stammered, at a rare lack for words. "Might I be excused a moment? I am experiencing… feminine problems."

"Oh of course, Elsa," Grimwood excused her.

Elsa rushed out into the hallway, straight to her locker, where she slumped back against it and crumpled to the floor. Her head was swimming, her genius three-hemisphere'd brain rendered a chaotic mess save for one phrase that waited on her breath;

"I need ein boyfriend!"

I'd love to commish Mr D, if I COULD FUCKING FIND HIS ONLINE ACCOUNTS.

Don't stop now, I want to see where this goes.

Last I saw, he was settling in over at Jabarchives after WWOEC's death

But why are you niggers writing fanfiction?

Because we can.

Mr Leopold really sounds like he doesn't really give a shit. He probably did GS for a paycheck.

Please don't say futanari.

You imagine Glen would be interested in coming aboard if this project ever comes off the ground?

Also do you have any concept art of secondary characters?

contact me at [email protected] and we'll see if we can work something out. I'd like to accommodate whatever detail it is you want to see, but I can't make promises without knowing what it is. But if you are contributing towards the cost of art commissions I'd try to make it something you'll want to see.

I have contact info for DLT, Herny, and Mr. D and others; the availability for artists goes in and out though. DLT is currently unable to do art until sometime in the summer, and Herny asked to take a break from Ghoul School art specifically after the Oct-Dec rush. So for the moment Mr. D is at the top of my list for commissions, but you gotta work with the people who are available.

Where would you like it to go? I have ideas but input from readers is appreciated too.

Yes, I agree. I'm pretty convinced that GS was just another day at the office for him, and probably hadn't thought about it once in the last 25 years until I brought it up. Doesn't mean it wasn't still fun to talk with him now, mostly to blow his mind with the fun fan art.

During our chats he struck me as being a product of his generation; he cited Rocky & Bullwinkle as one of his favorite cartoons and you can see the influence it had on GS with the heavy use of puns as humor. Back then cartoons really weren't something to take seriously, ever.

Some (pic related; redesigned Revolta) but it's a lot harder to get artists to draw characters like Col Calloway or Matches when there are hot waifubait monstergirls available. Which is why I said pics of the Calloway boys are a higher priority for me right now than orgy pics. As fun as an orgy scene is to see and fap to, it's entirely useless in pushing forward the revival project. Aside from Revolta here, DLT has also done a cool new Miss Grimwood and a design for the Calloway uniform that I'm not allowed to post yet, but it looks pretty sweet (sort of a mashup between the original uniforms, Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing outfit, and an SS Officer).

I don't know if Glenn could or would be involved if it got off the ground, apart from giving me his professional opinion as feedback and passing it along to one of his friends working for WB. I'd love to have him aboard the writing team if he wanted to be though. I actually DON'T hate puns and would want to include some in the show, just handled a lot differently.

Western cartoon monster girls are best monster girls.

I'd like to see Elsa attempting to find herself a boyfriend.

Wew

Oh you don't need to worry about that.

That depends if you plan on turning this into smut.

Her throat looks like a vagina.

Nice! Glad to see you're still working on this. I'd like to take this opportunity to say I am a big fan of your writing.

Currently the best Holla Forums thread. There really isn't enough Ghoul School smut.

Bumping with werewolf booty

About this project of yours. Do you have a story Bible fully prepared for when you pitch this as a show?

What each girl's idea of a romantic Valentine's gift is.

Damn, I definitely overlooked the import of the high tech levels of the Calloway Military School.

Would make a good 2nd half of a GURPS: Ghoul School supplement.

If you get authorization to do a web comic, what about an RPG sourcebook?

hey TOONSPEW, could you please publish this somewhere else other than Holla Forums and link it? Like for example on whatever website you are hosting your 'something's cooking' webcomic?

This interview reveals a lot of interesting information which could be citeable for the Scooby-Doo wikia project but people generally don't allow chan threads to get cited, a permanent location with a prettier URL, clear publication date, authorship, etc. would be ideal. You never know if some Holla Forums mod will delete this thread so having a place we can archive it would be great.

Who's the other werewolf next to Winnie?

Just about. There's one Calloway cadet in particular that I can't seem to come up with a personality for. That's been a struggle. Apart from that, I've actually got TOO MUCH material and need to slim it down. According to various writing guides I've been checking out, a series bible is usually only a few pages long. The idea being that producers are only going to have a limited attention span and are not going to spend a whole lot of time pouring over pages and pages of your story notes, and by the time anything goes to production half of it is going to get changed anyway.

So the answer is that the bible needs to be cleaned up and formatted, but yes it's all there. What I really need to work on is a pilot script though, since that carries FAR more weight in whether or not a product gets greenlit.

I recently read through the rules for "Wandering Monster Highschool" as a system to run a Ghoul School RPG. If I can gather a few players, what would you think about playing a game on skype or other RPG system like roll20.net or something?

What would you suggest? Like a Blogger account or something?

That's one of Herny's OC's. Can't recall her name.

Get a tumblr.
But seriously, the answer to that question is "What are you looking for in terms of hosting content?" Once you answer that, you'll be able to narrow it down.

I'd like to help you figure out a personality for this particular character if you wouldn't mind.

Well, thank you for the offer. I'm always happy for input, even if not EVERY idea is workable.

The basic concept I've been using as far as the Calloway Cadets are concerned is that they also conform to horror-movie character tropes, just not starring roles necessarily that the girls are, and ones that are close enough to human that the cadets are never themselves considered "monsters" by any stretch, just unusual individuals who have some capability for dealing with the supernatural without being overwhelmed.

Roper = young Van Helsing
Iggy = young Igor/Hunchback
Morton = young medium/psychic
Jamal = young "Jason" type slasher

The last guy I was trying to build around the concept of being a "mad scientist" of some stripe, with the tentative name of Cadet Phibes (a reference to the Vincent Price character). He would be a vehicle for bringing in story elements related to any non-Frankenstein mad science horror plots, such as the Invisible Man serum, the Jekyl/Hyde formula, or the Brundlefly teleportation pods. But I've been failing to decide on an interesting, likeable personality that isn't a copy of Elsa's "kooky deranged scientist" trope.

Ideally, he should also provide some balance to the male cast in the same way that the female characters balance each other out so well. Thus far we've got;

Roper as the dynamic leadership guy
Jamal as the trusty backup and muscle
Iggy as the sleazy roguish ne'er-do-well
Morton as the cloud cuckoolander weirdo
Phibes would obviously need to be a bookworm and smart, but that doesn't really help me pin down his personality, as in how he interacts and fits in with the other teenagers, both boys and girls.

Make Phibes one of us in personality. Somewhat abrasive, but not uncaring.

More like this please.

Something I've learned that helps when writing scientist characters is knowing what their motivation is for inventing things that push the boundaries of modern science. Does Phibes create to stimulate and challenge his intellict or perhaps he's fueled by narcissism and devises ingenious works to satisfy his ego.

Once you learn what motivates the creator, you'll soon discover who he is as a character.

If you insist.

I never see this fanart get posted.

No I don't know who the artist is.

Well, one idea I had for his backstory was that Phibes is in fact THE infamous "Abominable Dr. Phibes" who has escaped his previous life by taking a sort of "fountian of youth" serum that has left him perpetually 16 and immortal, doomed to an eternity of teenage existence, which he considers a hell. This would render him constantly curmudgeonly, perhaps what was suggesting. His scientific efforts are hampered by always having to relocate every four or five years, and being unable to readily access lab equipment more advanced than what a typical highschool has access to. Managing to get himself enrolled at Calloway is his best hope, through studying (or stealing the notes of) Elsa Frankenstein and her knowledge of life/death.

If this is the option we use, then Phibes would actually have a hideously scarred face that is concealed under a Darkman-like synthetic skin mask. It would also be a good excuse for why he never shows any romantic interest in any of the ghoul girls and take a shot at Edward Cullen at the same time. ("Please, I'm well into my sixties. Entertaining a romance with a teenage girl would be vile. Flattered, though.")

What do you think of that concept; curmudgeonly scientist trapped in the body of a 16-year-old pencil-neck?

It's an interesting idea but feels a little out of place in a somewhat light-hearted cartoon universe such as this.

By the way, how would you feel about giving Phibes a more stoic nature?

Stoic is really more Jamal's thing. Being the "big guy" of the team (both because he's a lanky basketball-american as well as having the Splatterhouse mask that temporarily turns him into Bane), Jamal is often strong-but-silent both with his fellow cadets (he lets Roper take the lead and organize the troops) and with the girls (his relationship to Tanis in particular is like that of an overprotective big brother).

Also, any personality for a black character is preferable to "street" or "sassy" tropes. Also, the "silent, menacing non-european" is something of a trope in certain subgenres of horror film, especially ones set outside of Western culture such as the Mummy films (pic related).

So, Phibes would need a personality that is distinct from Jamal's stoicism. Thanks for the input thought. As for his background, you're right that it may be a little too serious. If you can think of a way to tweak it to be more lighthearted, that would be better than tossing the entire idea out completely. Then again if you have a different angle for what Phibe's driving motivation is, I'm all ears.

I'm not against the idea of Phibes being a grouser while still having his own cynical sense of humor. As for motivation, I can Phibes as the type of individual who wishes to prove his intellectual superiority to his peers. Meaning he wouldn't see Elsa as a rival to his genius, but rather he views his experimentations exceptional to hers in nearly every way.

Phibes also takes his scientific labors a bit more seriously than Elsa does. Believing them to have the potential to revolutionize mankind in beneficial ways.

Been thinking about antagonists to use in this setting. Keeping in mind that as half the stories are a slice-of-life nature, "antagonist" can mean someone whose ideologies attempt to lead the protagonists astray or oppose them from doing something fun and fulfilling, as much as actual supervillains like Revolta who want to physically harm the students. Feel free to tell me which you think have potential for further development, and which are not interesting enough to be worth the time. Most people in this thread are probably already familiar with my plans for Revolta and Grim Creeper so I won't bother rehashing that in this post. Another general goal is to avoid the more commonly used monsters in favor of something more fresh and different.

WENDIGO - The Calloway boys are taken on a field expedition up into Alaska to hunt down reports of a Wendigo attack. The girls accompany them for the purpose of "camping and appreciating nature". During the trip, Winnie (initially reluctant to be taken away from her junk food & TV) gets separated from the group and taken in by a pack of real wolves, with whom she develops a bond and learns to enjoy nature with. The pack is being hunted by sport hunters however, whom Winnie takes on guerilla-style. One of the hunters in particular is overly cruel and bloodthirsty, and when the Calloway boys' search rejoins Winnie's storyline, the cruel hunter is revealed to be the Wendigo masquerading as a human. The Wendigo is defeated and banished back into the winds, and Winnie bids farewell to her wolfpack friends.

MR. DARKE - Phantasma decides that she'd really like to try having a "birthday", since she's never had one before, and her friends agree to throw her a slumber party. After some fun and games, the girls get sleepy and begin to settle in for the night, but can't when it is revealed that Phantasma is afraid of the dark and refuses to turn off her body's usual glow, preferring to keep the party going all night. A power outage at the school coincides with the arrival of Mr. Darke, the leader of a race of "Shadow People", menacing creatures of living darkness that seek to invade the school and abduct the girls. Darke subjects the girls to Freddy Kreugar-like nightmares when they fall asleep; Phantasma must overcome her fear of the dark in order to confront and turn the tables on Darke and rescue her friends.

THE BIRDS - Given that four out of the five girls are different types of dead, I thought an creepy sort of antagonist would be a homage to Hitchcock's "The Birds" where all of a sudden there are flocks of vultures and crows and other carrion birds perched around Grimwood eyeing Tanis and Elsa and Sibella as though they intend to swoop down and peck them apart. Winnie, naturally, is left alone and in fact is having the time of her life pouncing on birds and gulping them down like popcorn. Eventually it would be revealed that the birds are under the direction of the Simurgh, ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simurgh ) who is portrayed as a parody of Alfred Hitchcock himself. Not entirely sure what his motivation for attacking the Grimwood girls would be, but this would also be an easy place to introduce the Simurgh's daughters, harpy girls, for whatever purpose the plot wants to use them.

BARON SAMEDI - Depicted a bit younger than in most media, Samedi would be like a mid-20's version of Dr. Facillier from Disney's "Princess & the Frog". In Ghoul School he would be a realty-warping trickster figure with a fascination with Elsa in particular; he harasses her with his magic and various schemes in an attempt to break her of her reliance on logic and science, instead wanting her to fully embrace the "mad" part of her mad scientist persona. It is later revealed that Baron Samedi is Elsa's fiance via arranged marriage; When Elsa eventually turns 19 Samedi will claim her as his bride (as well as what he is really after, the Frankenstein family's secrets of life & death, which will magnify his own powers over reanimation). As for why Elsa's parents arranged the marriage in the first place, my leading idea is that Samedi has the soul of her grandfather Victor Frankenstein trapped in one of his gris-gris jars, and Elsa was offered as ransom to get it back.

I see great potential in all of these plans. It's nice to see you coming up with more villains rather than use Revolta all the time.

As always, Holla Forums gets first look at anything I have a hand in creating, now that my old home at WWOEC is burned to the ground. Please enjoy.

If you'd like to see more like this and can afford to chip in a bit of cash towards it, contact me at [email protected] to get in on the conversation about what the next commission(s) will look like.

Otherwise, please post your pick for:

>Best ghoulpussy

>None of them into vanilla love.
>none of them are pure

Hot pictures, but sadly it's trash.

Dude; Tanis if your purefu.

"Tie me up" means the same as "put clothing on me" for her. Also, the bandages regenerate all damage to her body… including torn hymen. She's the eternal virgin.

Ah well, you can't please everybody.

That's definitely true, and it seems vanilla is becoming a fetish of its own now of days.

Oh, and again, I still like the pic.

Elsa obviously. That chiseled physique and delicious accent are irresistible to me.

Have to go with Sibella despite how played out that line is

Don't make me choose just one, they're all so beautiful.

Hey Toonspew, I've been meaning to ask you something regarding this whole Ghoul School business. Do you have any clue what kind of voices each respective girl would sound like in your reboot?

I know he wants Sibella to sound like a sex hotline.

Some more antagonist ideas.

THE REVENANT - Phantasma once flirted with a boy named Brandon, had fun messing around with him even though he was a little moody and intense, told him she'd call him, and then forgot all about him. Brandon did not forget about Phantasma. Even after he died (unspecified tragic teen death). Now, Brandon periodically returns from the grave to stalk Phantasma and harass her with his emotional neediness. Brandon likes to wear makeup, hang out in graveyards and wear all black. He is a parody of "The Crow", reimagined as an emo-teenager. Phantasma's friends do their best to distract and misdirect Brandon until he returns to his grave, until they find out that Phantasma never actually had the guts to break up with him. Phantasma learns the lesson that boys deserve a proper breakup and "ghosting" a guy only leads to trouble.

CENOBYTES - Sibella is a bit of a primadonna, and feels her thunder suddenly stolen when Elsa installs a new body part that everyone is complimenting her on. Attempting to fight fire with fire, Sibella uses a cursed puzzlebox to find her way to the Labyrinth (reimagined as a supernatural version of Hot Topic) populated by grey-skinned SJW-looking weirdos covered in bizarre body modification jewellery. Their leader is a rule 63'd version of Pinhead, who convinces Sibella that all she needs to do to get the attention she craves is to decorate her body. Sibella starts with a belly button piercing, which has the desired effect but the novelty soon fades. Sibella returns again and again for more accessories, becoming an addicted junkie, until her friends intervene and fight the Cenobytes off. Sibella learns a lesson about working on polishing her inner beauty and letting it shine instead of relying on decorative crutches.

POLYBIUS II - The Calloway boys seem mysteriously absent from the Grimwood girls' lives recently, and when they do see them the boys are agitated and disinterested and just want to rush back to their campus. When the girls pay them a visit they discover why; the boys have been testing a new MMO warfare battle-simulator videogame prototype with VR headsets, and have gotten so sucked in that they are turning into sunlight-deprived zombies. The girls don't really understand the appeal of the new game (named Polybius 2) and after seeing the effect it is having on their boys decide they need to shake them loose of the eerie grip it has on their minds. Their first attempt is to hack into the game using a jury-rigged arcade machine Elsa fixes up, which they use to rescue the boys from the virtual enemies. Their victory seems hollow however, and the boys sullenly reset their game and start all over again… until Tanis hits upon an idea to let the boys rescue THEM. Playing the part of damsels in distress renews the cadets self-confidence and breaks them free of their addiction to the videogame, and the boys decide their time would be better spent with the girls in the real world.

CLONES - The girls are feeling stressed out and overworked with their studies and extracurricular pressures, and collectively decide they need a day off. Luckily, Elsa has just the thing; a set of human-sized seed pods like those seen in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (Elsa: "Zhey fell off ze back of a truck…") that can create duplicates that can handle the girls' responsibilities for them for a day. Things go wrong when they get into the tanning-bed like pods and one of the girls brings along a teen fashion magazine to keep from getting bored, and the duplicates absorb the vapid, shallow content of the magazine articles into the clones' personalities. The resulting "doubles" look more like barbie dolls than monsters, and fail hard at every aspect of being scary (i.e. vegetarian vampire scared of the sight of blood, werewolf obsessed with stylish clothing). The girls try to teach the clones how to behave like actual monsters, and meanwhile the pods continue spawning more duplicates with even less personality and intelligence (to the point of being basically zombies). The original Grimwood girls get so frustrated that the story climaxes in an epic bloodbath scene where the ghouls tear the pod-people limb from limb, utterly demolishing a wing of the school. Grimwood arrives just as it finishes.
Phantasma (covered in pod-person goop and entrails, attempting a tired smile): "….The Aristocrats!"
In the end the girls are twice as exhausted and learn that they shouldn't shirk their responsibilities, but also that letting a little aggression out is a good way to deal with frustration.

How do YOU think they should sound?

I think I've had this question before in an earlier thread?

Sibella, as pointed out, is meant to have a husky purr kind of voice. The in-universe explanation being that she taught herself how to mimic an American accent by watching late-night movies and a sultry horror-host actress in particular.

Elsa often sound like Frau Blücher (Cloris Leachman's character in Young Frankenstein) in my head, though that would be too old and she would need a younger sounding actress. But in terms of delivery of her lines, I like Cloris' ability to be formal and stiff at the start of a scene and then burst out into wild explosive dramatic lines when needed. "He vas… MY BOYFRIEND!"

Winnie I must admit sounds a lot like Rainbow Dash when I try to picture a modern voice actress, probably because they have somewhat similar tomboy personalities, and Ashleigh Ball has a good bit of gravel to her voice in the same way that Marilyn Schreffler did, which is ideal for a werewolf character. I'm not saying I'd actually want Ball hired for the job though, she's been a bit over-exposed lately (using the same Rainbow Dash voice for Littlest Pet Shop as well as Pinkie on "Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventures"), and much like Grey Delisle and Cree Summer, once you start hearing the same voice that you recognize from other shows it can kinda ruin the immersion, even if you are a fan of their previous work. I would like to have Stacey Depass audition for the part and see how scratchy she can make her voice go, and hear her try at a wolf howl. E.G. Daly could work too.

Phantasma needs to be bubbly and giddy sounding, as well as being able to sing nicely. It's tempting to want Russi Taylor back for the job again since she is still doing voice work, but she's also in her 70's now and the risk of having her die while the show is still on the air is would be worrying, so I'd probably rather have a new actress take the part. Jennifer Hale can get kinda squeaky and screechy, which could be a plus, but would need the vocal range to be able to sing soft and sweetly too.

And lastly Tanis; she's older in this version, no longer baby-like, though she's still the youngest and most innocent of the cast. So… probably the only character I'd consider hiring an actual teenager for, even though you run the risk of their voice changing as they approach adulthood. Then again, one of my antagonist ideas would be Tanis' own adult-self from a post-apocalyptic future, and it would be cool to have the same actress playing both roles simultaneously.

And I'm not sure where, but I'd love to hire Rob Paulsen for one of the male roles. I've met him and he was a great guy to hang out with, so I'd love the chance to work with him on something. But generally speaking I consider new untapped voice talent a better option than the tried-and-true VA's that show up in every Nick and CN show.

So, as said, what do YOU think the main characters should sound like?

Hard to say since I'm not very familiar with these characters.

user dropping a few of his own villain ideas. If you like any, feel free to use them.

VICTOR FRANKENSTEIN - Depending on how recently Elsa was created, or if she was created at all, bringing her creator in as a potential villain could be an interesting place to take an episode. Not gonna fill out this idea too much, because I'm not sure if it even meshes with Elsa's backstory.

TERMINATOR - I consider the original Terminator film to be sci-fi horror, so I could see something like that working as a villain. Could either be one of the Calloway boys's inventions getting out of control (I forget which one is the genius/engineer), or it could be a legit robot from the future coming for the girls to stop something from happening in the future. I think you mentioned an idea where Tanis's future self comes back to the present time. Maybe you could attach it to that, if it didn't make the episode too cluttered.

GHOSTBUSTERS - Make the ghost hunters the villains, going after Phantasma and any other ghost characters if there are any. Could have it be a female ghost hunter, or team of female ghost hunters, who are trying to follow in their much more competent fathers' footsteps, only to learn by the end of the episode that they need to find their own calling, and not just live in their fathers' shadows.

METAL BAND - A mediocre metal band performs near the school. One or more of the Calloway boys, and maybe Winnie as well, are fans, and go to see the concert, convincing the other girls to attend as well. Maybe one of the other girls ends up liking it more than she thought. The band members invite the girls back stage post concert, and invite them on as groupies, thinking that having monsters in their entourage will give their band the edge it needs to really make it big. When the girls refuse, they use some supernatural way to convince them, probably related to music. Either one of the girls slowly snaps out of it and defeats them on her own (Winnie would probably be best for this, since she was the one who liked the band in the first place), or the Calloway boys get them out of it.

Some interesting thoughts, thank you for the contribution. Allow me address each idea briefly, and see how I would massage it a bit to either be more original, or tie it in together with an existing idea (that I hadn't written in this thread yet).

VICTOR FRANKENSTEIN - This one wouldn't be useable as written for a couple of reasons related to Elsa's backstory and the show's continuity; Victor Frankenstein was still a man who lived during the late 19th century and would be long dead by the 21st. His creations (the Boris Karloff monster and the Bride Of monster) are considered his "children" (and thus, referring to them as "Frankenstein" is technically correct) and Elsa's parents. Victor's ghost could still exist in some capacity such as being held hostage by Baron Samedi (above). Victor also has a human family line as seen in the movies (His brother Henry Frankenstein, nephews Wolf Frankenstein from "Son of" and Ludwig Frankenstein from "Ghost of").

Elsa began existence as three triplet (human) sisters of the Frankenstein lineage; Anika, Beatrix and Cordula Frankenstein. The three were child prodigies, brilliant but also social misfits and much preferred each others company over anyone else's. Due to (unspecified) reasons likely related to the tragedies befalling the Frankenstein family during the Universal Studios films, the sisters were left orphans and heirs to the Frankenstein family fortune, including their ancestral castle home, where the two monsters (Karloff and Bride) still lived in secret, disguised as a pair of married caretakers/groundkeepers. The young sisters moved in, being aware of their own brilliance leaving them overly self-confident and unafraid, and developed a bond with the married couple. During this time the sisters voraciously consumed Victor's extensive (though archaic) scientific library, and became friends with the young Sibella Dracula, who would visit from time to time.
(FLASH FORWARD TO THE PRESENT)
Elsa's body and brain are an amalgamation of the three triplet girls, with a few upgrades thrown in. The exact nature of the accident that struck them and left them unable to survive on their own isn't explicitly stated yet, and only Sibella and Elsa's "parents" (Karloff/Bride) knew her both before and after her transformation from three distinct girls into one composite being. Generally, Elsa is able to function as a distinct personality (just three times as brilliant as the world's top tier students), but occasionally remnants of her original personalities conflict with each other, leading to mood swings and bouts of mania.

TERMINATOR - I love the terminator films, and although I wouldn't really agree that it should count as horror, that doesn't mean that it couldn't still be useful in a time-travel episode. Especially since the themes of post-apocalyptic future are involved. Most likely the "Terminator" would be a one-episode character created by the "resistance" (grown up Calloway cadets) and sent back in time to assassinate young Tanis before she can become a despotic Goddess-Empress of the world.

GHOSTBUSTERS - I'm all for taking a piss on the trainwreck new film, but I am not immediately feeling inspired by this idea; for one thing, it would steal the spotlight from both Grimwood and Calloway casts for this team of new characters… which can be fine, sometimes a "lower decks episode" is really fun, but right now I don't know anything about these girls or how they've been allowed to walk around with unlicensed nuclear accelerators on their backs. However, I will say that I like the opportunity to give the ghoul girls some targets to scare the piss out of in humorous ways. Could be fun as a solo Phantasma episode maybe, with Phanty being like a Bugs Bunny sort of role, effortlessly tweaking the ghostbusters' noses and then flying off laughing at their frustrations.

METAL BAND - I'd love to have some musical elements in the show; the idea I was working with (and might jam together with this one) was to have a Banshee use her curse to doom one of the Calloway boys to an imminent death, and the girls have to try to win a wager to save him. This was going to take the form of a "battle of the bands" and/or an American Idol parody, with the Grim Reaper acting as Simon Cowell. The Banshee girl doesn't have much development yet though, so making her a Heavy Metal banshee might be fun!

Using his ghost would be interesting, especially if he ever interacts with Elsa's friends. Would bring an interesting, if temporary, dynamic to the group as a whole.

The Terminator episode is a good idea, but I sincerely doubt Tanis would really be the despot. I mean, isn't "the innocent one becomes the despot" somewhat overused? idk, just my thoughts on it.

You could probably use the Ghostbusters in a later season, assuming this gets picked up.
Put it on the back burner for now.

Definitely use the heavy metal angle.

I can't decide which fetish wins out furry or loli.

Sounds to me like you need a furry loli

Is it? I can't readily think of any examples of a once-innocent character growing up to be malevolent in cartoons. I mean if you are thinking of someone like Stewie Griffen, who has ALWAYS been malevolent but paired with being a cute toddler in appearance, I don't think that's quite the same thing.

Primarily I wanted a chance to showcase how powerful and badass Tanis could potentially be, since mummies are often the sad joke of the Universal Monster family, characterized as no more threatening than an exceptionally slow and old zombie. Also, since young Tanis is intended as the moral compass of the girls, she's the best equipped to confront her older self and find a solution by attacking her on a social level, since physically future-Tanis is almost omnipotent.

If that seems cliche though, it can be put on the back burner.

Well, the most recent example would probably be Darwin from Gumball, but he's not exactly a paragon of innocence. Honestly, I'm likely confusing scenarios so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I once had a few ideas for the powers of mummies. One of the first was a "Gift of tongues" or ability to speak any language through an innate magic only mummies have. This could be a good ability to play with throughout the series.

Well one thing I associate with powerful mummies is magic and heiroglyphs. Possibly time travel related magic.

The castlevania series, when not doing "Classic Mummies", often has good examples of powerful mummies and such.

The "tongues" issues is actually already included in the setup; notice the tiara that Tanis wears in the reboot art (which wasn't present in the original film)? That's meant to be a magical "universal translator" artifact, which conveniently sidesteps how a mummy from ancient Egypt can speak fluent modern-day English. Most of the time this is just a plot device allowing Tanis to function as a normal modern day character, but it would have the side benefit of letting her effortlessly interact with anyone around the globe in their native language.

Also, it makes an easy target for Winnie and Phantasma to tease Tanis with, by grabbing the tiara off her head and playing "keep away" with it, rendering Tanis unable to say anything but babble in ancient khoptic until she can get it back.

Also; just sent 2 pages of specs to Mr. D yesterday for a new commission of the Calloway Cadets rebooted looks, so within a few weeks I should be able to share my ideas for the male cast with you all.

Man, I thought you were just a fellow weirdo who wanted to get more smut from the ghoulgirls, and while that may also be the case, you also are a very passionate person who seems totally serious to the idea of a new cartoon show based on these ideas. And for that I salute you and wish you luck on this endeavour. Even if it doesn't ultimately pan out, At least you had the guts to try.

Are the girls still taking questions?

Because I wanna find out what would happen if Winnie's cooking turned the girls into werewolves.

I could do some more in-character Q&A if you want.

But I don't think any of the other girls can become werewolves, even if Winnie bit them, since they are all dead or undead. Mayyyyybe Elsa, since she could be argued to be "alive". But it's generally easier just to operate under the rule that no one can be two types of monster at the same time. So no wolf-mummies and no ghost-vampires or anything like that.

But yeah, go ahead with some questions if you want. It'll help keep the thread bumped until I have more artwork coming in or more writing to post.

Alright I'll bite.

Whats a day like in the life of the girls?

What was this going to be, exactly?

I'm in love with Elsa's redesign. You've taken the least popular of the Grimwood girls and made her into my absolute favorite.

WINNIE: "The school day at Grimwood starts with the opening bell at 9:00. That gives us about two hours beforehand to wake up (or not), get washed, eat breakfast, and get our homework in order."

SIBELLA: "I have an active night life, so I sometimes sleep in a little later than the others do. A girl does need her beauty sleep after all! Eventually I do rise from my coffin though, and head straight to the communal bathroom to stake a claim on one of the showers and a spot at the mirror. Looking this good takes a lot of work, and it's twice as hard to put together when you don't have a reflection."

PHANTASMA: "I don't need time to primp and put on makeup; I come out of the grave fresh as a lily each morning! So instead I do duty the school's mail service, heehehaha! And sometimes also a wake-up call too, Hoohahahehehaa!"

ELSA: "Huuurrrrr… mein morning regimen is efficient und orderly, apart from ze incessant interruptions from mein schoolmates. I vill admit zhat I am not so much a 'morning person', not before I haff fully primed mein batteries whit a custom blended slurry off electrolytic catalyst, synthesized vegetable proteins, und strong black coffee. If you cross my path before mein eyes are fully dilated, it is best to remove yourself or risk being destroyed."

PHANTASMA: "I always start my deliveries at Elsa's tower, she gets the COOLEST packages! HAHA! Then I work my way down through the dormatory rooms and finish with Sibella's suite in the crypt. Tanis sometimes needs a little help waking up, but I don't mind reciting the 'Scroll of Thoth' to give her a little extra kick out of the ol' sarcophagus."

TANIS: "Miss Grimwood takes very good care of her girls, preparing healthy meals for each of our dietary needs. Personally, after eating nothing but scarab beetles for a few thousand years it's really nice to have home cooked meals again!"

SIBELLA: "But you DO still put scarab beetles in your cereal…?"

TANIS: "I acquired a taste for them." (shrug) "They stay crunchy in milk."

SIBELLA: "I prefer to watch my calorie intake, so I only stop briefly in the dining hall for the company. Then I have a liquid lunch, and a sensible dinner. It's very important to Miss Grimwood that we all get together for supper each evening at 6:00, and we have a rotating schedule of who is helping her in the kitchen each day."

WINNIE: "I don't wanna brag, but everyone shows up for my mutton dinner."

ELSA: "I haff also received compliments upon my beer-battered turducken recipe. Eet is not prepared as you might expect! (grins) …Und by zhat I mean I haff successfully cross-bred a turkey-duck-chicken hybrid species."

(CONT)

SIBELLA: "Once class begins, our day goes pretty much like it would for any typical American private school student. Subjects taught at Grimwood cover the usual curriculum of math, science, history, English-lit, art, phys-ed. Gotta have a solid foundation in the basics. We also get a free study period, which can be used to catch up on subjects we're having trouble in, or take an elective study."

PHANTASMA: "I'm taking French lessons! Bon-joooouuuuurrrrrrr me's pateet chou-chou, Hahaha!"

TANIS: "My favorite class is history. It's my chance to get caught up on all the celebrity gossip I missed out on stuck in my pyramid. Did you know Mark Anthony and Cleopatra are a couple now? And Brutus TOTALLY stabbed his best friend Julius in the back! I can hardly believe it, they were always such total bros…"

WINNIE: "For my elective study period, I've been working on a little thesis I call 'best spots on campus to take a nap'. Check it out, I've even made charts and maps! All thoroughly tested by yours truly, of course."

SIBELLA: From 9:00 am to 4:00 pm the five of us take classes with the rest of the general student population. We're not a big school, we have less than forty students all together. The rest of the students do their own things after class, there is no shortage of clubs and other afterschool activities.

However, for the five of us school doesn't stop at the 4:00 bell. After a few hours for homework and supper, we meet with Miss Grimwood for private 'Finishing School' lessons three times a week.

WINNIE: "It's a lot of extra work, but the tradeoff is we can actually get out of the school and go check out the city once in a while."

ELSA: "Eets sort off an experiment, or pilot program. Ze other girls at ze school are still too, uh, 'rough around ze edges' to mix whit humans."

PHANTASMA: "But not us! Miss Grimwood's Finishing School teaches us all about how to be charming respectable ghouls that you'd be happy to take home to meet your mom!"

SIBELLA: "In Finishing School, the five of us get lessons in manners and poise, conversation and etiquette, and the art of building emotional connections. We also study traditional feminine pursuits like clothing design and repair, nursing and childcare, nutrition and housekeeping."

WINNIE: "It's actually not as gay as you might think."

SIBELLA: "The point of these lessons isn't so much to make us 'marriage material' exactly. More like molding us into 'model citizens' so that humans can see that monsters can be productive members of society. It's just that those two things happen to have a lot of overlap. And if all our charm-school learning should result in snagging a boyfriend or fiance, well what better proof is there that we can co-habituate safely with a human?"

ELSA: "We also haff ze remaining evenings free to pursue our own endeavors. I keep a fully stocked laboratory in mein tower apartment for ze purpose of such pursuits. Und Grimwood ist conveniently located within walking distance uf three cemeteries und two morgues."

PHANTASMA: "I spend some evenings playing piano for tips at a bar in Limbo called "The Other Side". You never know what kind of interesting ghosts will drop in for a drink and a game of darts there!"

TANIS: "And it's always fun to drop in on the Calloway boys and see what they're up to! But we do have a curfew. I gotta be home and in my tomb by 10:00, plus saving time to brush my bandages and take my organs back out of their canopic jars. The older girls get to stay out a little later."

PHANTASMA: "By the end of the day, we're all pretty tired and drop dead asleep once we climb into our beds. Or graves, as the case may be, hoohoohahahee!"

PHANTASMA: "So user, what's your next question? And maybe try asking one ghoul girl in particular so we're not all talking over each other this time."

Here's a question for Winnie. How big of a pain is grooming for a werewolf like you?

Not a question but a scenario for Winnie and Sibella.

One day you both wake up to find that you've switched bodies! Sibellas mind is in Winnie's and vice versa!

How do you react and what do you do?

glass houses user

I have a question for Tanis. How do you unwind after a long exhausting day? Pun not intended

I have a question for Phantasma; Why do you wish to mingle with living humans in the long term? beyond the short gag of entertainment value.

Here's a question for my favorite fräulein. How often do you normally modify your body?

"How did this happen?" Sibella wailed, gazing in horror at her reflection in the mirror and seeing Winnie's furry face staring back at her. "If Elsa switched our brains while we were sleeping I'm going to be really mad!"

"It was probably just one of Tanis' curses misfiring," Winnie replied, drifting through the air as though weightless and turning an elegant pirouette to make her dress flutter about and flash her long, shapely legs. Winnie giggled and flipped her hair, enjoying the way her long silken locks flowed back into perfect alignment with nary a knot or tangle to mar her image.

"I feel pretty~ oh so pretty~! I feel pretty, and witty, and briiiight!" Winnie sang out spontaneously, only slightly off-key. "And I pity, any girl who isn't meeee to~night!"

"I'm going to check Tanis' spellbook, maybe it says something about a body-switch curse…" Sibella grumbled, her lupine features easily settling into Winnie's usual frown. No sooner has she fetched the ancient book and sat down at her desk with it than an itch behind her shoulders made her twitch and spasm. "Arrg! How do you deal with all this fur? It's like an itchy sweater that you can never take off!"

Sibella twisted and contorted her torso as best she could in search of relief but found it eluded her no matter where she reached. "This is maddening!"

"That could be fleas. Try using your back legs," Winnie suggested helpfully, holding back too much of a smile. "Sometimes gnawing your shoulder with your teeth works too."

"I will do no such thing!" Sibella protested. The indignity of it! "This wouldn't even be a problem if you'd take the time to wash yourself with the medicated shampoo Miss Grimwood bought you."

"Oh please, feel free," Winnie replied, tossing the unopened bottle of flea-dip in Sibella's direction. "In fact," Winnie followed, grabbing a basket full of her toiletries from her spot in the communal shower and dropping it in Sibella's lap. "While you're at it, how about giving your hair a good brushing? Should only take a couple of hours to work all the split ends and tangles out of those ginger curls. A mani-pedi would help with those ghastly claws on your hands and toes, too. Just don't be too upset when they grow back just as long tomorrow!"

"Grooming is hard for you, I get it," Sibella groused, picking an offending flea from her fur and crushing it between two claws. "You can quit rubbing it in."

"Hmmm, maybe. Or maybe not," Winnie laughed, resuming dancing about in Sibella's naturally graceful body. "It's just too much fun seeing the 'queen' of the school have to suffer through the life of a werewolf for a day. And meanwhile I get to cruise around in this killer bod! Could this day get any better? Maybe I'll go give Cadet Roper a call…"

"Winnifred, you wouldn't DARE!" Sibella snapped, her hackles rising and her lips pulling back to show her fangs. She seemed about to pounce when the schoolbell rang, announcing the lunch was being served.

"Ah, it can get better!" Winnie squealed, licking her lips and wringing her hands together eager to stuff her face. "Today they're serving sloppy joes in the cafeteria… pinch me, I must be dreaming!"

Sibella grinned wickedly and took the invitation, giving WInnie a sharp pinch on the rear with her unmanicured claws.

"Ouch!" Winnie yelped, and noticed Sibella's smug look. "Careful with the merchandise, geez! …What are you so happy about?"

"Oh, I'm just looking forward to my manwich," Sibella smirked, knowing full well that Winnie's werewolf metabolism could easily pack away three or four fatty burgers in a single meal without gaining a pound. She, on the other hand, was on a strict wheatgrass-and-plasma diet in order to keep her figure the perfect hourglass that she had worked hard to cultivate. She giggled knowingly and headed towards the cafeteria, Winnie following behind with an increasingly worried expression.

"What's so funny?" Winnie asked again, chasing after Sibella.

"Nothing!" Sibella smirked, "Come on, let's eat! I'm starving!"

You're putting me in a tight spot here Toon. Part of me wants to see more of this story, but the other part doesn't want to miss out on seeing other questions getting answered like this.

"Hey Tanis, where are ya going?" Phantasma asked, noticing the weary mummy marching off the school grounds in a seemingly random direction through Barren Bog.

It had been a long, difficult week for everyone at Grimwood. A pop quiz on Monday, rescuing the Calloway boys from the ghost of a confederate army general on Tuesday. On Wednesday Tanis' souffle had collapsed from a random student shrieking, and on Thursday Winnie had eaten Tanis' homework. Finally Friday had arrived and Tanis had a brutal trigonometry test to suffer through… it wasn't fair, trigonometry didn't even exist when she went to her previous school! But the week was done, and Tanis decided that she was well due for a break.

"Oh, umm, nowhere Phanty!"

"Aren't you gonna join the rest of us for bowling with the boys?"

Tanis frowned. She was the only bowler that still had to use the gutter-bumpers. "Nah."

"Hey where we going?" Phantasma asked again, floating along behind Tanis. Barren Bog had a habit of shifting around on a regular basis, making it easy to get lost. Paths and trails formed one week and then were swallowed up the next, and despite Phantasma's extensive knowledge of the bog's layouts, this particular route was unfamiliar to her. "And why are you carrying baked goods?"

"Hhhuhhh, you promise not to tell anyone else?" Tanis sighed, suspecting that getting rid of Phantasma would take more energy than she had left at this point. "I don't want the other ghouls knowing about my secret getaway spot."

"I'll take it to my grave!" Phantasma agreed enthusiastically, quickly sewing her lips shut with a ghostly needle and thread to prove her commitment to secrecy. Tanis wasn't sure she bought it, but decided to trust Phantasma anyway.

"Come this way," Tanis instructed, leading Phantasma to a creaking, rusted metal gate at the edge of a seemingly abandoned and overgrown estate. The bog had several such decaying mansions hidden away in its stretches, most of them haunted. Up the winding stone path they went, through the heavy wooden front door with a gargoyle-like door knocker, through the cobweb-thick lobby and into the study, where Tanis revealed a secret passage behind a bookcase that lead downward. Down along a winding stone stairwell, past torches burning to light the way with a hellish flickering glow, into a mausoleum of some sort, though littered with medieval implements of torture and long-decayed human body parts. Phantasma felt it all looked quite homey.

"Ahhh, if it isn't my favorite pint-sized putrescent pupil!" came a rasping voice so cracked and dry it could almost be described as a hiss. "How was school today dearie?"

Phantasma floated into view and curtsied for their host, an ancient wizened old man in a dusty brown robe. He had only a few long wisps of white hair on his head, was missing his nose completely and had skin so stretched and leathery that he was little more than a grinning, leering skeleton.

"And you brought a friendly ghost! Let me guess… Casper? No? Eeeheeheheh!"

"Phantasma, sir," Tanis introduced her companion. "Phantasma, this is the Cryptkeeper. And school's been rotten! I could really use a story."

"Awww, that's too bad Tanis. Well you know what I say kiddies, 'the more the SCARIER!'" The Cryptkeeper said with a shamelessly hammy delivery that made Phantasma giggle hard enough to snort cutely. "Why don't you two schoolghoulies pull up an electric chair and settle in for some well-earned R&R… Rot and Ruination, that is!"

"The puns don't always make sense," Tanis whispered to Phantasma behind her hand, and the Cryptkeeper was too busy cackling at his own joke to hear her. Phantasma didn't seem to mind the nonsensical jokes one bit either. "Hey Cryptie, I brought you some treats from baking class!"

"Are they custard SCREAM cookies? Chocolate SLUDGE brownies? GingerDEAD men?"

"No… no it's just oatmeal raisin," Tanis said apologetically. The Cryptkeeper still graciously accepted the offered cookie all the same. As did Phantasma, when she was finished clutching her sides and cracking up from the barrage of terrible puns. Even with her lips sewn shut, Phantasma had no difficulty passing the cookie through the ectoplasm of her face where it crumbled and was deposited as a mess on the Cryptkeeper's couch where she was sitting.

"Mmmm, these are to DIE for, eehehehee!" the Cryptkeeper sniggered, and Tanis felt a little better for the compliment. "Keep it up and you'll be the head of your class… and maybe the rest of the body too!"

"Thank you sir," Tanis smiled, though she was beginning to worry about the influence this was going to have on Phantasma by the time they were done. "Do you think we could hear a romantic story tonight?"

"Why of course you can, my cadaverous cutie! Tonight I'll treat you to a classic, at least before that HACK Disney got his hands on it. This is the old favorite… 'Beauty… and the BEAST!"

Tanis and Phantasma settled back as their host launched into his gristly retelling of the fairy tale, nibbling their snacks and forgetting their troubles if only for a little while. The tension in Tanis' frail body and brittle bones eased away as relaxation set in. This, Tanis thought, was the absolute BEST way to unwind.

PHANTASMA: "It's not just for the company user. Someday, I wanna be in showbiz! Hahahahehee!"

"See, the thing about ghosts is that they never really write anything new. All these dead celebrity types want to do is replay their greatest hits, and talk about the good old days when they were in their prime. Which is fun to listen to for a while, but it makes it tough for an up-and-coming talent like myself to make my big break into the biz, ya know?"

"So when you think about it, getting noticed by a human talent scout would be the smarter career move. Yeah, there are some logistical kinks to work out… but I don't mind working for scale! And I'm non-union, too!"

"Hey, are you asking 'cause you know someone with connections? Can I give you my demo tape? Or maybe a head shot? Hang on just a sec, lemme warm up, *ahem-hem-hem* (cough!) ….Laaaaa~! LAAAAAAA~! Mi-mi-mi, Figaro Figaro FEE-GAH-ROOO!"

"Hey where ya goin'?"

ELSA: "I take good care uf meing organs und limbs, but ja, zhey do eventually wear out. For exactly zhat reason I keep a full wardrobe uf replacement body parts und am always happy to go "shopping" for new additions. At zhe moment I am preparing mein 'beach body' for ze summer months ahead."

SIBELLA:"How about this one Elsa? She had an 'accident' down at the river."
(Sibella presents a fresh corpse that she has just dredged up and carried back to Grimwood.)

ELSA: "hmmm, not bad, not bad. Ach, is a leettle small for me, ja? Could be a tight fit! Still, zhose legs would be PERFEKT additions to mein summer ensemble."

Say Phanty, have you ever possessed one of your friends' bodies and took it out for a joyride?

Toon, are you on the look out for any animators yet?

Maybe I'm just lewd here but Winnie seems to be really crushing on Sibellas body here.

To all girls

Trump, Bernie or Hillary?

ALL: "We're minors!"

TANIS: "Also, three of us are from foreign countries."

PHANTASMA: "And it's illegal for the dead to vote. Which is totally unfair; why shouldn't dead people have a voice in our elections?"

WINNIE: "Hillary is right off the list. While I'd like to have a sister in the race and a lady president sounds cool and all, Hillary ain't no lady. We have it on good authority that she's actually a member of a secret race of snake people that live underground, but disguise themselves as humans and try to take over our countries from the inside! And that's a policy that I'm mostly against."

SIBELLA: "I'd vote for Bernie, because we vampires need to stick together."

TANIS: "I would vote for Pharaoh Trump. I really like his golden obelisk! I don't really understand why we need to have an election at all though… if he's already the God Emperor, why doesn't he just obliterate his enemies with the burning light of Ra? Maybe he just thinks it's fun to toy with them first."

PHANTASMA (through a megaphone): "SPECTRE SUFFRAGE NOW! WRAITH RIGHTS TODAY! PHANTOMS OF THE WORLD UNITE!"

ELSA: "After what happened in Cologne, I think mein politikal leaning should be clear."

PHANTASMA: "We have nothing to lose but our dangly noisy chains! Viva la revolution! A-"

WINNIE: "PHANTY! Shut up for a second! If you did have the vote, who would you vote for?"

PHANTASMA: "John F Kennedy, he's dreamy! Heeeheehahaahaaha!!"

Phanty help me! I got a spooky ghost climbing through my TV screen. What should I do?!

PHANTASMA: "Not on purpose! Eeheh!"

"Possession isn't really very fun. I mean sure, it can be a neat trick to pull when someone's not being very cooperative, but slipping into a solid body with all its, yeeuch, heartbeat and digestive cramps and gas and you gotta remember ta blink all the time and, well, it's just a big hassle! If you knew how easy being a ghost was in comparison, I'm sure you'd want to be one too!"

"Luckily most of the other girls aren't even an option. Tanis's bandages block me from getting inside, and Elsa's body gives me an electric shock if I try. Winnie I can possess, but her brain doesn't go to sleep like the other people I've ridden around in, so instead she ends up taking ME for a ride! Sibella is the only one of my friends that works more or less like a human (just colder!)"

"But the REALLY awkward part is getting inside. Have you ever heard you should hold your breath while driving past a graveyard? That's 'cause I gotta find an open orifice to slip in through. With Winnie I got sucked up when she had an epic yawn in the middle of class. With Sibella she was showing me how to put on lipstick, and ehh-heehee well one thing kinda lead to another."

"Getting out is a lot easier. I just gotta give my new body a good sneeze! Dust or a feather usually works, haahaha. A good strong sneeze and I find myself on the floor, along with a bucket's worth of ectoplasm splashed onto whatever I landed on. Which can be a REAL faux pas at a party, hoohooahaha!"

"So that's why I don't do the whole 'possession' schtick much. Besides, I'd much rather my antics get ME attention instead of whoever's body I'm wearing."

PHANTASMA: "Hey I know her! That's my pen-pal from Japan!"

"Don't worry user, you'll be fine. She just wants some company! Order in some sushi and put on an anime DVD for her to watch and she's really very good company, although getting her to laugh is a real trick. Good luck, I look forward to hearing about all the juicy details in her next letter!"

Say Tanis, do you sometimes wish you had a more mature body like the other girls?

That is way too lewd, user.

mfw Tanis truly is best ghoul.

But Phantasma, "deceased" people already vote in the elections. It's just more of a thing where, instead of them getting their own voice, other people give them one.

i her you like ghost

Disgusting

I can't help but imagine that while this is going on, something similar has happened to Tanis and Elsa(cause Tanis getting to experience a more developed and powerful body would be fun, especially if Elsa had recently set herself up with an especially buff and busty torso and limb set)

step it up

Does that guy post here sometimes, or browse?
I love his stuff. It's simplistic but wholesome. I love it.

Question for Winnie, Sibella and Elsa.

Population wise, how many werewolves, vampires and Frankenstein's are there?

why don't you post it then

Question for Phantasma, what was life like before you became a ghost, did you even die or were you like born a ghost?

Question for sibella how do youu get such magnificent legs and have you run into any van hellsings?

I'm far too large for normal women. How would a 6'6 man date something so small?

SIBELLA: "The answer to your question, put simply, is "not many". Gone are the days of monsters holding their home village in a grip of fear, secure in their castle or haunt, their biggest worry the occasional angry mob rising up to pester them with torches.

The industrial revolution and the invention of electricity made humans far more dangerous and less fearful than they'd ever been historically. Disorganized mobs were replaced with specially trained police task forces. Intrepid investigators and detectives passed their knowledge of our weaknesses on to new generations of dedicated monster hunters, each better equipped and deadlier than the last!

There are not many monsters left in the world. Most people don't even believe in us at all! They think Hollywood just made us up to sell gaudy teen romance. Which is why the Grimwood School exists; not to learn how to be sneaky killers, but to learn how to be charming companions to our human neighbours. Monsterkind would easily lose a war… so instead, we shall pursue peace between ourselves and humans.

The Dracula family fortune has allowed us to survive better than most other vampire clans. We're can still move about Europe fairly freely and afford property to stay at. The other vampire families just eke out an existence in whatever slums they haunt now. They're best forgotten about anyway, low-class scum and criminals that they are."

WINNIE: "Werewolves are not as organized as Sibella's family is, with her big family tree and all. For most of us lycanthropy is a curse, or a medical condition depending on whether or not you're superstitious. So when we meet up it's like a support group. Which I don't really need, cause I've got friends and people who watch out for me at Grimwood."

"I have heard about werewolves getting together and having a litter of pups, even starting a pack, but… I don't go out into the woods enough to encounter those types. I'd miss television and junk food too much."

"So yeah, there are other werewolves out there, but probably not many. We're not great at self control and when there's a werewolf in town, people tend to get eaten. Which makes keeping a low profile difficult."

ELSA: "I, along vhit mein matter und papa, am unique. I am zhe sole heir to castle Frankenstein und our inheritance, both property und infamy."

"Zhe human bloodline of ze Frankensteins is now kaput, leaving only the creations born from zhe lab. I am scion to both lines, being build from body parts of the last daughters of ze Frankenstein family (apart from some very distant cousins who use the name 'Frankalburg' now. They own dairy farms und make cheese).

SIBELLA: "So, worldwide, I'd say there are… perhaps 30 members of the Dracula family, and a few hundred scattered vampires from other families."

WINNIE: "I have no idea how many werewolves there are. I'm also bad at math. So, uhh… a couple thousand across North America?"

ELSA: "Und ze number of Frankensteins ist THREE!"

Are you offering your services? I am always looking for help, since I have a limited budget to apply towards commissioning concept art. If you are trained as an animator and would like to help by putting together an animatic with me, I'm sure that would go a long way towards pitching the series pilot. Not only does it grab the attention of CN producers better than words on a page or even character charts would, but it also speaks to the growing popularity of the project that it can attract people willing to work for free towards getting it greenlit.

So if you are offering and we can begin working towards putting together a little 15 seconds of animation, that would be amazing. I know of a couple websites where amateur voice actors look for work and are often willing to work on projects like this for free in the hopes of building their resume and getting discovered.

Incidentally, I'm going to be on vacation for the next week or so, attending Emerald City Comic Con among other things. So feel free to bump the thread in my absence. I haven't abandoned anything, just taking a week off for some R&R!

As a 6'5" with heavy attraction towards small women I feel ya heavily.
My ex was 150cm tall, boy was I getting funny looks

It's a weird feeling man.

Yo Elsa, whatcha cooking?

Also Winnie what are you doing under the table?

oh wow, I had heard he married a gremlin, but fuck me is it worse than I thought.

I always thought she was the type that was gonna hit a growth spurt hard.

I guess Jeby boy was always looking down.

Can we all agree that Phantasma is the best of the Grimwood girls?

That's not how you spell dog pussy

Hey guys, thanks for keeping the thread alive while I've been gone. I'm back now, and brought new art with me too!

So here's my designs for the main Calloway cadet characters. Feel free to offer any criticism or suggestions on how you'd like to see their personalities and character arcs progress. If you want to ask them questions in-character, I'm happy to answer that just as I have for the girls (I'll attempt to answer the remaining questions still hanging in the next couple of days).

The direction I was aiming for with each of these characters was;
ROPER - Van Helsing, as well as most generic dashing leading man archtypes from classic horror and sci-fi movies.
JAMAL - Slasher movies from the 80's, most obviously Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Splatterhouse. I thought it was funny that the movies where traditionally "the black guy dies first" should be represented by the token black character on the cast.
MORTON - Inspired by movies like Poltergeist, the Exorcist, and Hellblazer. Morton started out as a young priest-in-training, but seemed to stiff and not "fun" enough to be a companion to Phantasma. So instead I went in a direction of having him be a former changeling-baby stolen from his crib by fae and only returned to Earth as a teenager, so he's as weird and mysterious as the ghoul girls are in his own right.
PHIBES - Inspired by characters like Egon Spengler, Herbert West, Victor Frankenstein and (his namesake) the Abominable Dr. Phibes. Anton is a "straight man" like Roper to contrast the wackier characters like Morton and Iggy, and his escortee Winnie. My intention is for his relationship with Winnie to be a bit like Dexter and Deedee of Dexter's Lab, with her carelessness and energy being a source of constant frustration for Phibes.
IGGY - Inspired by the sniveling, cowardly, greedy human lackeys to the monsters like Renfield (Dracula), Benny (The Mummy remake), most characters played by Peter Lorre, and most obviously the infamous Igor/Ygor. Iggy's comedy will take a similar path as characters like Duckman, being unashamedly awful because he knows nothing he can do could possibly lower anyone's respect for him any further. Iggy gets a lot of shit-jobs dumped on him from both Col Calloway and his "boss" Elsa, which he complains endlessly about.

Tell us Iggy, what's your relationship with Elsa like?

HAH. Like we'll ever see something like that in todays climate.

KANGS

PHANTASMA: "I get this question a lot, hehee. I was born a ghost, more or less. I mean nobody remembers their own birth, right? But I've been a ghost for as long as I can remember, and I know I wasn't always this tall drink of water you see today. Miss Grimwood told me she found me as a toddler, gurgling and giggling in my crib, in a burned-out abandoned mansion in the woods. And that mansion eventually got refurbished into the Grimwood Girls' School, so I've been here right from the very start!

SIBELLA: "Ah, thank you user! Flattery will get you everywhere, you know. I suppose my legs are mostly just good genetics, though I can't forget to stress the value of Miss Grimwood's aerobics and gymnastics regimen. All of the students have to at least take the basic fitness class, so you won't see any fat girls at our school!"

"Well, perhaps Slimantha right after she's eaten, but… she's a bit of an odd case, being composed of non-terrestrial semi-intelligent gelatin."

"Personally, I also took the ballet class elective for some extra toning and sculpting of my legs and hips. It's also good training for balance, you have no idea how important it is to make a confident, graceful entrance into a ballroom without tripping in your stiletto-heel shoes."

"All that hard work seems to be paying off! These gorgeous gams of mine sure caught the attention of Cadet Roper. He comes from a long family line of vampire hunters, so if that's what you meant by a "Van Helsing" then I'd say yes! We did more than just "run into" each other. Thanks to my natural charm and Miss Grimwoods training, I've got Roper wrapped around my little purple pinkie…"

"Ah, not that I'd ever dream of abusing the situation! I just wanted to prove that I COULD, you understand? Being able to turn a sworn enemy into a friend, or even a BOYfriend, well that should be reason for even daddy Dracula to be impressed. Wouldn't you agree?

I admire the amount of thought you've put into these characters and the direction you've taken them all in. I know you've been wanting to get your interpretation of the Calloway Cadets drawn for some time now and it seems like you certainly got your money's worth.

So what's your next step for your project now that you've finally gotten that accomplished?

A guy can dream, can't he?

Actually, I don't think it's as impossible as you might assume, for a few reasons. One is the obligatory black second-in-command best friend sidekick. Danny Phantom, Weekenders, Loud House… there's lots of examples of white male leads getting the green light on the condition that there's a positive black character riding his coattails.

The second thing to remember is that even though my intention is for the Calloway boys to get nearly equal screen time and have themes of duality and yin-yang balance prominent in the stories, they are ultimately not the title characters. "Ghoul School" (or alternatively, "Grimwood" as a rebranded franchise title) puts the girls on the front of the covers. So from a marketing standpoint Sibella and her friends are the "leads" while Roper and the boys are considered supporting characters.

And as cool and confident as Roper is, no character is flawless or immune to being made fun of. So the SJW climate may be appeased by hearing that at some point in the script the characters poke fun at the macho male character… but for that to happen there first has to BE a macho male character in the cast.

The intention is for Jamal and Tanis' relationship to conform to a big brother - little sister role. So you'll actually see a lot of Tanis riding around on Jamal's shoulders, Jamal throwing himself in harm's way to protect Tanis, and Tanis (cutely) ordering Jamal around once she learns how to use her cuteness to her advantage.

Thanks! The next step is working on a pilot script. I've recently made contact with the writer behind "Future Quest" (the DC comic crossover between Johnny Quest and HB's space shows like Space Ghost), so I'd like to get same story formatted for both comics and animation, in order to have something ready for whatever opportunity might present itself first.

In the meantime, I'm having a great time working with Mr. D and intend to continue buying commissions from him. The next up would probably be a lineup of supporting cast characters; Col Calloway, Miss Grimwood, Revolta, Matches the dragon, background girls at the finishing school and some of the ideas for villains that I described previously in this thread.

Have some more Phantasma, guys.

Rick and Morty is a cartoon with a mostly white male lead.

Now if we are going to go into Holla Forums territory, then I gotta ask. How volkisch are the girls?

I think you'll find Elsa and Sibella are both pure 100% Bavarian phenotype.

Oh no! All the men in the world have inexplicitly died! What now girls?!

PHANTASMA: "Hahahahaheheheheee! Oh wow, boy is my calendar ever gonna be full! Excuse me girls, I gotta go scope out all the new ghost boy hotties and start getting some phone numbers, heehaha!"

SIBELLA: "Why does this cruel universe so unfairly offer up happiness only to snatch it away in one horrible massacre? I cannot bare the weight of this existence without my true love at my side~!

…I'm going to the cemetery to write depressing poetry. Anybody want to come with?"

ELSA: "Worry not mein friend. Whit zhis bounty of body parts at our disposal, I shall teach you all how to build your own perfect undead mate!"

SIBELLA: "I already had my perfect mate! Can you just bring Roper back like he was?"

ELSA: "Ach, sooch a lack off imagination…"

SIBELLA: "Well… mayyybe you could tweak his brain a little so that he pays more attention to my hair? And… if you were to replace his blood with type O-negative I wouldn't complain…"

ELSA: "Ha! I could make his blood taste like root beer if I wanted! I shall begin work at once."

"IG-GGY! Fetch ze shovels! Iggy? Unglaublich, vhere ist mein assistant? IGGY!"

SIBELLA: "Uhm, Elsa…"

TANIS: "Hey girls, can somebody go check on Winnie? She's going full Mad Max and I've got my hands full trying to get all these souls to their proper afterlives."

WINNIE: "What are you all doing sitting around talking? Don't you know the wars for control of the sperm banks are going to start any second now? In this new wasteland of a world, baby-batter will be worth more than gold! Come on, let's go out and steal a hotrod and some guns before all the good ones are gone!"

SIBELLA: "Winnie! Is that a cigarette in your mouth???"

TANIS: "She robbed a convenience store. The sunglasses and leather jacket she stole from a dead biker. You should see her room, it's stuffed full of junk she ripped off from the mall!"

WINNIE: "There are no laws anymore! Only the strongest will survive! Ron Paul was right!"

SIBELLA: "Give me that!" (grabs the cigarette from Winnie's mouth and stomps it out.)

WINNIE: (glaring at Tanis) "Tattletale."

This gets me thinking. If a vampire bites a fresh corpse, will it come back to life?

Hey Tanis. You are my favorite girl of the group. I wanted to know if you sometimes feel a twinch of envy that your body isn't as matured as your fellow classmates?

Do you plan on getting any explicit art of Ms. Grimwood made? Like perhaps an old pinup of her during her heyday that the girls find while rummaging through her belongings?

Do you plan on getting any explicit art of Ms. Grimwood made? Like perhaps an old pinup of her during her heyday that the girls find while rummaging through her belongings?

Hey mods, do you mind deleting these reposts?

You can do it yourself by going to the arrow besides user and.

Question for "Mad" Morton- Do you ever the urge to tell anti-jokes to Phantasma? (like "a horse walks up to a bar, the bartender says 'why the long face?' the horse, incapable of understanding human speech shits on the floor then leaves to go grazing elsewhere ")

OK Tanis, you gotta leave for this question ok?

Now to the rest of the ghouls- favourite porn star and why?

Hey Toon, I wanna commission an artist for a Sibella drawing but I need your input on something.

Its gonna be a risqué pin up of Sibella in her coffin, but I want to make it accurate to your reimagining. So my main questions are- are there any specifics concerning her coffin and sleeping attire?

Not him but who are you going to commission to?

The good ones I know that are familiar with GS characters are DLT (who is on hiatus), brokenlynx, herny, and mr. d.

No, it wouldn't. Vampires in the lore of my reimagining are not based on a virus that might not know the difference between a live victim and a freshly dead one. It's magically based, and a metaphor for sexual intimacy as well, following the Bram Stoker model in Dracula where the victim is not just fed upon, but also given a small amount of the vampire's blood to ingest as well.

Sibella is not as aggressive as her father is, and is a lot more concerned with consent before initiating an exchange of bodily fluids. So she wouldn't consider biting a corpse or attempting to turn it into a vampire any more than most people would consider having sex with one.

There isn't an official wardrobe for any of the characters (nor should there be. In a perfect world, cartoon characters would change what they're wearing as often as real people do. But budgets usually make that impossible). But the general rule of thumb is that Sibella prefers lacey garments that reflect femininity, wealth, and high class. Take a look through the Victoria's Secret website and that should give you some ideas. Depending if you want to keep things more tame or more spicy, she might be in something as simple as a silk nightie, or something as racy as the garters and crotchless panties I put her in here;

shoot, forgot to put my tripcode on.

SIBELLA: "Porn star? How crude! I can't believe you would think that well behaved young ladies like ourselves would indulge in such sleazy entertainment!"

"I much prefer a well-written volume of voluptuous literature. 'The Pearl' is more to my taste."

WINNIE: "I think Ron Jeremy is hilarious. I used to watch him on 'The Surreal Life' all the time. How can a short, hairy, gross guy like him get so much tail? He's a legend!"

ELSA: "I haff spent too much time studying anatomical texts to get ein thrill from people without zheir clothes on. Porn IST BORING!"

"I am vhat ze pretentious hipsters would call 'sapiosexual'. Meaning zhat what excites me is a man wit a big, meaty, powerful brain."

WINNIE: "It's true, she keeps a picture of Stephen Hawking next to her bed."

ELSA: "SVINEHUND, halt die klappe!"

PHANTASMA: "What's porn? What are we talking about? Heehehehe, why is everyone blushing so much?"

"Somebody tell me the joke! What's a 'porn' star? Is it like Broadway? I wanna be a star too!"

I kinda wanna commission this guy

curtsibling.deviantart.com/

Because I want to see him try his hand at something classy, which is what this commish is gonna be.

Don't put Ghoul School next to those filth, for fucks sake, just commission from the artist that I've mentioned. What's your budget?

Hey up yours, the dude just said he'd do it for free.

Hey Toonspew, it looks like someone was inspired by your project enough to put it on air.

I wish my little pony would have never gotten popular, It hurts how much hate they get, I just want to hug them…

Imma throw up. Throw up right now.

Phanty, when are you going to get back me about your WONDERFUL FUTURE IN THE WORLD SUGARY CEREAL?

They deserve every ounce of hatred for ruining the 10's.

Been sick with a flu this week. Wrote this as a result.

"Permission to enter the barracks?" Sibella asked on behalf of her group, her fellow girl ghouls arranged at her back. "We heard the boys weren't feeling well, so Miss Grimwood thought this would be a perfect time to test our nursing skills with real-world application."

Col. Calloway looked the girls over skeptically. All five of them had arrived wearing quaintly antiquated white nurses uniforms complete with white caps and red crosses. Some of them fitting into the uniforms better than others.

"I suppose my soldiers could benefit from the intervention of medical relief personnel," Calloway admitted reluctantly, stepping aside to grant the Grimwood girls entry. Inside the barracks, now converted into a temporary triage station, rows of bunks containing shivering, coughing, sneezing, and groaning cadets stretched all the way to the back of the building.

"How do you suppose they all got sick?" Tanis asked her friends as they surveyed the room.

"Perhaps we should not haff challenged ze boys to midnight game off capture ze flag in zhe swamp," Elsa hypothesized. "Oh vhell. Shall I begin ze amputations?"

"Not yet," Sibella said, cautioning Elsa to keep her bone saw in her bag of medical equipment until absolutely necessary. "Remember we're here as nurses, not surgeons. Our job is to help the boys feel better. The last thing we want to do is worry them with talk of hacking their limbs off. So spend time with them, talk to them, tell a joke, anything to get their mind off of how ill they're feeling."

"I'd better not have to give any sponge-baths," Winnie groused, and rolled up her sleeves as the five of them set to work. It was decided that the only efficient way to tackle this many patients was to split up and go to where they were needed the most.

"How ya doin' cadet?" Phantasma approached her first patient. She hovered up to his bedside, her appearance adopting a blue-tinted Candy Striper uniform. The young soldier looked worried at his ghostly nurse's presence but was too weak to flee from her either. "Feeling a little queasy? Hey, you don't have to be embarrassed," Phantasma assured him, "you should have seen me the last time I ate something that didn't agree with me. I must have vomited up ten gallons of pea soup! Heehehaha it was all over the room, yuck! Hehehaahaaa! Funny thing is, I don't think I've ever actually eaten pea soup before. But whenever I puke, there it comes like a thick, hot green mess. Weird huh? That ever happen to you cadet? Hoohahaha!"

"Anyway, I got a lot of patients to see so I'd better get going," Phantasma concluded, failing to notice that her brief visit had turned the cadet significantly greener. "Here's a balloon," Phantasma added her final touches, reaching out to the ailing boy and touching the tip of his nose with a colorful piece of paper. "And a sticker! Feel better soon!"

"Zhese symptoms are strange," Elsa observed, comparing the medical charts of a few of the cadets. "One hast fever, another developed boils, und a third hass ze wuh-hooping cough. Could eet be multiple strains of a rapidly-mutating antigen?"

"I've seen sickness like this before," Tanis offered, "it turned out the cause was vengeful Isrealites. Should I go put some ram's blood on the door? That might help!"

"Nein, nein…" Elsa blanched, "I should like to begin by taking some samples."

Sibella, standing nearby, overheard the directive and smiled a fang-baring grin to her patients. She leaned over the foot of the hospital beds, displaying a little cleavage at the top of her nurse's uniform to keep them calm. "Hello boys! Would you mind rolling up your sleeves so I can have a look for your veins? Hrrrrm, no need to fret cadets, I just need to draw a little nibble's worth of your blood."

Just a thought I have on Iggy's character, for the sake of appeal. See I really like that your referencing Duckman, and his unashamed awfulness. Though I believe for the sake of depth you could give Iggy a sort of earthly pragmatism, like, when a plot line becomes especially over the top and ridiculous, he'd be the cynical realist making a snarky comment on how insane his world is. So basically the Sancho to Elsa's Mad Scientist Quixote.

Sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather lately Toonspew. I hope you're back in peak condition ASAP. At least something good came from it in the form of a cute short story.

In other news, Herny drew some Spanish Phanty over at Cuckchan. Hope that'll brighten your mood.

That's perfectly fine by me. I was never into the whole "girls fuck each other because it's hot" direction most stories featuring an all female main cast usually take anyway. The lewdest thing I can see the girls doing that involves each other is are being nude and casually masturbating in front of each other since it's nothing the girls haven't seen.

This is a good idea and pretty well in line with what I was intending, but I hadn't thought to phrase it like that. But Sancho/Quixote is a brilliant way of summing up their relationship and I hope you won't mind if I borrow that.

I forgot to say, but the interior of Sibella's coffin should be rich red bedding, about the same color as the sash she wears around her hips. It's a natural compliment to the purple tones of Sibella's body and clothing and hair.

Thanks, I'm mostly back to my old self now, so going to try to write something this week. The downside is that my laptop has died so I can't sneak in time for writing during slow periods at work until it is fixed.

However, I've been plotting out the pilot script and have the overall structure ready, I'm just working on fleshing out certain scenes with some jokes. See what you think:

The basic premise is Tanis' first week at school; she meets the other main cast members, but slips up and allows herself to be seen by humans. This pushes Col Calloway (who is responsible for the coverup of evidence and must work MIB style to erase knowledge of monsters from leaking) to decide that the Grimwood school can no longer be trusted to keep it's students in line, and announces that he'll be assigned a military escort to watch over them and keep them from being exposed to the public. The phrasing used leaves an impression of the escorts being no-nonsense jailers that will put a stop to any and all fun that Tanis and the other female students are likely to have. In an attempt to prove that Calloway's impression is wrong and the girls (and Tanis in particular) are mature and discreet enough to be trusted around humans, they must prepare for a fancy introductory dinner where they will be meeting their assigned escorts from the boys' school for the first time. The tone being that of a (quintuple) formal first date, which is something of a microcosm of what the series as a whole would be. The social awkwardness of the event is eclipsed by magically animated kitchen appliances running amok (it makes sense in context… think "The Sorceror's Apprentice" from Fantasia) which the girls attempt to resolve before their guests find out and the dinner party is scandalized. They fail and the haunted kitchenware spills out into the party, but this leads to the revelation that the cadets are actually quite badass. The two groups of teens work together to fix the rogue magic problem and we see the beginning of friendships and flirtatious attraction between the girls and their counterparts. The episode ends with an anticipation of more such trails in the future episodes to come, promising freedom to join human society if they learn how to be proper well behaved ladies, and destruction (at the hands of the cadets) if they should regress to their natural killer monster stereotypes.

Sounds like a great way to start the series to me.

Well I'm feeling the hype. Are you gonna explore more into the "I like you, but I may have to kill you" thing the cadets have going? Like maybe one of them realizing he really likes his monster girl, and distances himself so it won't hurt as bad if he has to take her out? ( Not to imply it all wouldn't work out in the end, but I think it be an interesting conflict)

And I know your having shit with your laptop, but when you get the time do you think you could do one of those "interviews" with the cadets on how they'd go about with their grisly deed? I'd ask how the feel about the moral dillema but I realize you might not have their personality locked down.

Either way, the amount of effort your putting into this is amazing and I wish nothing but the best for the project.

Thanks for all the positivity. The conflict of the relationship between the cadets and the ghoul girls is intended to be flexible but also something that is central to the story. In a typical "filler" episode, the relationship between the two schools as a whole is treated like a friendly interschool rivalry; the students delight in pulling pranks on each other and can get fired up over competing against each other in sports or community activities like who can build the best parade float or what have you. But, owing to their close ties they are quick to have each other's backs if external threats present themselves, whether that be a social threat like some government busybody attempting to block something fun that the students are trying to organize, or a more serious danger like a villain like Revolta.

On a more personal level the relationships between the girls and their male escorts vary from case to case. The closest one to what you are describing is Sibella/Roper, who conform to a classic Batman/Catwoman sort of romance between enemies. Roper and Sibella have both been brought up in families that teach them that their opposite counterpart is inherently evil, but they can't help feeling attracted and they justify their relationship by wanting to bring out the good side in the other. This is kicked off when Roper learns that Sibella is half-human, so "all bets are off" as far as vampires always being evil are concerned. Sibella likewise realizes that Roper should be the most difficult person in the world to make a friend with, which is exactly why she sets out to do it, since she is an overachiever and motivated by her desire to be noticed by daddy Dracula. Both of them THINK that they can keep their feelings in check and gain the upper hand, both failing to realize how deeply they are bonding and falling for each other. But occasionally they will be forced to deal with the fact that they are supposed to be enemies, and this generated the main source of tension and misunderstandings in their relationship.

While the other cadet/ghoul pairs are more platonic than Sibella and Roper are, there is a similar tension that springs between enemies and friends. What decides how they behave towards each other in any given episode generally depends on how ladylike or monstrous the girls are acting at the time. Like all cartoon characters, the girls will occasionally pick up the idiot-ball for an episode, usually in order for their monster side to present some problem that the cast can spend the episode resolving. i.e. Phantasma accidentally possesses someone and gets stuck; the cadets then take on the role of exorcists in order to get her out. While they understand that Phantasma is their friend and they don't really want to hurt her, for the span of the episode Phantasma's victim is doing freaky demon-possession antics so the boys will have to respond to that. They can't just let her run around town barfing pea-soup and speaking in tongues, so it's their responsibility to intervene (before Col. Calloway finds out and orders more drastic action).

The overall theme presented is that girls have the ability and the choice to determine how boys (and society in general) will respond to them; act like a lady and boys will rush to defend you, act like a bitch and boys will turn against you.

Okay, first of all I'm pretty sure not ALL cartoon characters do that nor should they.

And second of all, unless you handle it a certain way, the idiot ball can be one of the worst tropes in writing. If a character must cause a conflict to get the plot of an episode going, it should match their character and seem like something they would believably do, not be the result of them forgetting to plug their brain in one day. It just comes of as lazy, and can get real annoying real quick.

I'm not trying to be mean at all, but when the term idiot ball is used it's more often than not used as an insult towards stories. Please don't make a character temporarily stupid for the sake of the plot.

I know what you mean, I was using it more as a shorthand for "conflict ball". In the case of the ghoul girls, rather than forgetting to plug their brains in it would more likely manifest as their monster side of their personalities becoming dominant enough to cause a problem. i.e. Sibella getting hungry for blood, Elsa deciding to bring something to life, ect. You could make the argument that they should know better (and thus are being idiots), but on the other hand it'd be weird and out-of-character if someone named Frankenstein went the whole series WITHOUT trying to bring the dead to life at some point. Characters (especially young teenage characters) do make mistakes, and this is a show about monsters learning how to integrate into human society. It's just important that they don't make the SAME mistakes episode after episode.

Of course, there are also plenty of situations where the girls could come off as being dumb, when really they are just naïve about how the world works. Tanis especially is a fish out of water and would be prone to making mistakes based on not understanding how the human world works, though Sibella and Phantasma might have this happen to them too now and then. And it could happen that Elsa LITERALLY forgets to plug in her brain and sleepwalks her way through the episode.

Do you have separate plans for both possible pitches? As far as I can tell, standards are different between TV and comics so you may want to keep that in mind.

random idea, the Dracula from Ghoul School, and the Dracula from Reluctant Werewolf are brothers, making the RW one Sibella's uncle, he'd still be kinda a manipulative dick(kinda comes from being second fiddle to your much more successful twin brother for centuries on end), but he'd have a soft spot for Sibella

Prepare to get really excited and then really disappointed, Toon.

Pretty sure this is fake dude.

Were you around for that "single scooby-doo timeline" thread? 'Cause that's where I first saw that.

don't think I saw that one, got a link to it?

Why are you two fighting?

Yeah somewhat. All the characters and setting would remain the same, but since comics represent a much smaller investment and need to hook the reader right away (because they aren't guaranteed shelf space the way an animated show is guaranteed a time slot for at least the first season), a comic script pitch would skip a lot of the introductory stuff and jump right into an adventure story.

Wow, you're not kidding. I'm honestly not sure if I want this to be real or not. On the one hand, seeing the ghoul school and the girls back in ANY context would be a treat… I'd take a non-speaking cameo in the background of the Scooby Apocalypse comic book at this point… but Be Cool Scooby Doo's animation style is rightly mocked. I also don't know if having them guest-star in an episode would be a good thing because it raises awareness of the characters or if WB would consider the idea used up and hurt the chances of them getting their own show? Hard to say.

Either way, I'd seen that Steven Universe crossover episode description elsewhere, and while normally that would be enough for me to conclude that this is fake, they DID do a SU crossover with Uncle Grandpa, so clearly there are no depths that Cartoon Network isn't prepared to sink to.

It's not a bad idea by any stretch and makes for a fun headcanon, but doesn't really fit within the worldbuilding for the Ghoul School reboot project. Mainly because the Dracula from the RW movie, just like the original GS movie, is from the previous 1980's continuity (and even then the two weren't in continuity with each other). So giving Sibella an asshole uncle that also calls himself "Count Dracula" would serve no purpose in the show except to act as a reference to a movie that has no relevance anymore anyway, and needlessly confuse viewers.

I'm just a bit concerned because of the recent failure of the Swat Kats Revolution pitch (Which just like your project, was an attempt to bring a forgotten HB property back.)

Not that I'm trying to discourage you or anything, you should keep going regardless.

it wasn't meant to tie into your idea, just a fun thought I felt like sharing, which reminds me that I should get around to talking about my own ideas for a Ghoul School reboot, which is just a fun silly idea of mine where I try to work within the context of being as toyetic as possible to(and similarly work within the constraints a fashion doll based show would have)

Hey Winnie how come you werewolves are so good at basketball? Are you the black people of monsterdom?

Hey girls do your impressions of each other.

WINNIE: "Girls fight all the time, user. We just try not to let it happen anywhere that boys can see it, cause then we BOTH end up looking trashy. When girls get into a catfight, the only winners are the boys watching from the sidelines."

SIBELLA: "It's true that there is often some… tension between Winnie and I in particular. My guess is that Winnie pack-animal instincts identify me as the so-called 'alpha female' of our clique and therefor harbors an emotional need to take me down a peg and assume my position. In other words, she's just jealous."

WINNIE: "Pffft, hardly! Princess here just gets her embroidered unmentionables in a twist whenever things aren't *just so*. She's totally OCD about following every little rule, so she can't handle a rebel like me. Every time I don't raise my pinkie for tea her eyelids twitch and she gets a hair up her butt."

SIBELLA: "I can excuse poor manners now and then, but the line has to be drawn somewhere! Would you prefer that Miss Grimwood or the boys walk in to find you sitting with your legs open and picking lint out of your fur?"

WINNIE: "Narcissist!"

SIBELLA: "Slob!"

PHANTASMA: "Okay user, why don't we move on to another question before the hair-pulling starts?"

WINNIE: "*Ahem* It's not just basketball. Werewolves are just natural athletes, owing to our enhanced animal-like physiomology. I can run fast, jump higher, and do more sick flips than any human in my weight class."

TANIS: "She's still too short to dunk though,"

WINNIE: "I'll dunk YOU in the trash bin, dust-breath!"

Posting some new fanart

Wow, great finds! That Winnie is hella adorable (love the big eyes and ears) and Sibella is sexy and I think her sunglasses are a great choice for her. Where'd you find these?

Not that user, but the Winnie pic was drawn for a thread on regularchan recently.

Hey Tanis do you ever worry about getting your gauze wrappings wet or torn and experiencing unwanted "wardrobe malfunctions"?

user
dont do this
my heart may give out.

It'd only be better if she shaved them into a bat shape.

Here's some new fanart of Elsa I found in the same thread. Glad to see that she's getting some recognition.

I found Sibella over here.

kt-draws.tumblr.com/

Posting her Dylan and Fangora because her phanty looks weird.

Sorry forgot to post. What the hell, I'll throw in her big headed Phanty

It does my heart good to see that best ghoul Winnie went from best to better than best.

I'm particularly fond of the fact that she's also been given the ladette treatment.

Man things have been quiet here lately. Hopefully Toonspew will be back to liven things up again.

Sorry I haven't been more active in the thread lately. Long story short, work has been keeping me busy (in the funeral business, you gotta take new customers as they arrive), and in my spare time I've been focusing on the pilot instead of posting in the thread. It's about 35% done I'd estimate, just about finished the first act.

You work in the funeral business? That's fucking hilarious, considering the concept you're going for.

I've had one or two, actually. Although I'm also a lifetime horror movie buff, so exactly where the idea comes from is debatable.

But for example, I had one idea where the girls are getting ready for a big night out or just want a day off from their studies to relax. So Sibella takes them to the Morningside Funeral Home (a reference tot he Phantasm movies) where they are greeted at the door by the scowling, imposing "Tall Man" (Angus Scrimm). The moment of tension gives way when Scrimm recognizes them, his scowl becomes a friendly smile, and the funeral home's sign flips over to read "Morningside Funeral Home & Spa".

Four of the girls (Sibella, Elsa, Tanis and Phantasma) then enjoy a montage of spa treatments mixed with embalming practices; ie. Elsa tries on different feet the way most girls would try on shoes, Tanis enjoys a refreshing formaldehyde smoothie, Sibella stretches out on an embalming table and gets a "spray on tan" of sorts using the funeral cosmetics. Tanis wonders why Winnie isn't joining them.

"Oh, Winnie's not undead like the rest of us, so she has to go somewhere else to get her hair and nails done…"

Cut to Winnie looking very unhappy in a dog grooming business, surrounded by barking and yapping dogs, sitting under a hair-drier and trying to read a magazine to take her mind off it all but clearly agitated by the substandard facilities compared to the luxurious spa treatment that the other girls are getting.

Mr. 'spew, tell me all about this Ghoul School project you are doing. This is based off a made-for-TV movie, but what are you trying to accomplish? What have you accomplished? I'm genuinely curious. Give me a complete overview.

Adorable. I hope to see it realized oneday.

(1/2)

Sure, a summary might be a good idea.

A couple of years ago I was watching the TV movie with some friends in a livestream channel, generally cringing at the bad puns and substandard animation, yet still having a pretty good time. Someone remarked on how much the setup (single male gym teacher surrounding by cute attention-hungry monstergirls) resembled a harem anime or even a dating sim, and the conversation took a turn to the lewd about which girl would fit into which harem trope or fetish. I.e. Tanis is obviously the loli, Winnie is the tsundere tomboy, ect. Since I'm no stranger to writing lewd, the ideas rattled around in my head for a month until I felt I had better just get them out onto paper. So I started a thread on cuckchan and wrote almost an entire fapfic over the course of a weekend, then got banned and decided to relocate to Holla Forums instead. While writing the fapfic I discovered that I really, really enjoyed writing the characters and the simple interactions and relationships between them (the scene in Sibella's chapter where she and Phantasma are discussing her upcoming date is when it hit me, specifically). So after the fapfic was basically wrapped up (pending an orgy chapter that I seem incapable of finishing) I pondered some more ideas, with the input of interested anons, and began working up what a modernized version of the show might look like.

Over the last year or so I've collected a lot of good ideas, had some weak ones that got pruned, but it's still a work in progress and that's to be expected. The core of the show is still the five principal girls going to a spooky secret school together. Some characters were altered aethetically or given deeper backgrounds (Elsa being the most drastic, Phantasma barely changed at all). The setting itself has increasingly deep lore as more secondary characters are fleshed out.

Last fall is when things started to really get attention when the artist 'Herny' took a liking to Phantasma and started sketching her like crazy on halfchan's October threads. Since then I've found the artist Mr.D to be just as easy to work with and talented, but has much more affordable prices and availability. a couple months later I did a little digging and managed to get in contact with Glen Leopold, the writer of the original movie and a veteran in the world of writing cartoons, the transcript at the top of this thread being a condensed version of some of the topics we talked about. I've since been keeping in touch with him now and then to show him new art and story ideas, and my intention is to have a final draft of a pilot script and series pitch bible to hand to him at his annual film festival in February of 2017. Best case scenario would be that he's impressed and is able to pass it along to someone at Warner Bros that have the ability to put it in their "series under consideration" or something to that effect, and if the script is funny and shows promise then maybe I get a phonecall asking me to come talk to them about developing it further. Worst case scenario it gets shelved or dumped in the trash, and I'll at least be able to say I tried my best. The script, setting and characters could easily be reworked for a comic book as well, so with DC's recent move to try to relaunch old Hanna-Barbera properties as comic series, a Ghoul School comic could fit in well there if they don't feel like it's strong enough to risk an entire animated series on the concept. Another "backup pitch" would be to rework the setting as a new "Tales from the Cryptkeeper" series, with the ghoul girls as students that learn lessons from the Cryptkeeper's stories that they then apply to their own lives..

(2/2)

I feel like either avenue has strong potential but recognize that it has some hurdles to overcome; the biggest being differentiating itself from "Monster High". Most casual observers will understandably think "monster girls in highschool setting" sums up both properties and leave it at that. Monster High is very much aimed at a young female demographic though, the characters being cookie-cutter barbie dolls in both appearance and personality. Ghoul School on the other hand I see as aiming for an even male/female split, but erring on the side of male fans. There's the obvious harem element (in almost two years there's rarely been a Ghoul School thread with "Who is Best Ghoul?" coming up at some point) since plenty of screen time is cute monster girls being cute, but I'd also want to have a fair dose of action and violence in keeping with the horror movie roots of the franchise. No "vegetarian" vampires or incompetent villains. Finally, if I was given any kind of creative control I'd exercise what influence I could to try to instill some less-cucked morality lessons into the episodes. I won't get into detail about that but I've been on the chans a long while and it looks like the pendulum is finally swinging back the other direction, so some "classic western values" would work well with the themes of this show, as horror movies have always had a moralistic cautionary tale element to them (i.e. act like a slut, get stabbed by Jason Vorhees)

Anyway, it's been fun to work on but time consuming, and as I mentioned I do have a life to live too and sometimes this project has to take a pause when work gets really busy (as I mentioned, I'm a mortician/funeral director and some weeks the Reaper decides to just pile up new cases on my desk and there's not much I can do about it). It would be great to find someone to share some of the burdens of writing with, but as you might imagine with a passion project like this it would be really rare to find someone who is both as passionate and dedicated to the concept as I am, as well as bringing talent and writing skills that I would consider useful (no offense to anyone, but some ideas or writing will actually consume more of my time reworking and editing than it actually saves).

So, if this doesn't work out what would your hopes be for GS as a whole?

Over in you expressed that you'd like to see the ghouls in just about any context at this point. Would you just hope someone eventually does something with them? Would you try to raise more awareness of the film's cult following?

Gonna offer some two cents here. Even if nothing comes of this, we'll have more Ghoul School fan art of actual quality and, if animation studios become at least aware of this, they'll know there is definite interest in such a project.

Even if nothing comes of it, these threads are fun and I really like the reimagining's of these characters. I like them so much that after I get paid, I want commission the guy who drew pic related for some pin ups.

Quick heads up for you Toonspew. There's a lively Ghoul School thread over at cuckchan's Holla Forums you might be interested in.

Yeah they've made some good stuff over there.

>Stealing Holla Forums's OC again
Jesus Christ, this is why we can't have nice things.

What's Xev from Lexx doing there?

Oh yeah, just look at the all the content being produced here.

More fun there anyways. Later faggots.

The fuck is a WWOEC?

NO!

FUCK YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU LOVE

Then give people a reason to stay here. There isn't shit here, we barely have storytime threads, there's zero OC, drawthreads are mostly dead with maybe 2 artists who watch them.

The only thing I see here constantly are the same constant talks about how SJWs ruin everything which is common sense by now. Everyone spends more time here bitching about shit they hate than something they like. When a thread comes along that ISN'T about SJWs or how comics are terrible it goes to page 9 in a matter of minutes. You wanna give people shit for going to 4co then give them a reason to stay.

Toonspew could take this thread to 4co and get OC and money to fund more in a matter of minutes. The only reason he's stuck here is probably because he feels a sense of loyaltyor because he started it here.

No SJWs

Freedom of speech.

Im not a fan of 8chans rabid anti-sjw frenzy, but you never understand the true value of freedom of speech until you start seeing posts being edited and disappearing because they didn't kotow the party line.

This isn't the sexy 5 star restaurant sadly. This is the drunken pub down the street where everybody is puking all over the floor and engaging in pub fights.

I would say the existence of pubs like these is what prevents the big restaurant from completely clamping down.

does anyone know if toonspew ever finished his Ghoul Quest story? last i saw it stopped at number 7 Waltz of Pain

You know, the same could be said of you. What have you done to get people to stay here?

In case anyone cares probably not, personally I don't see why 4chan and Holla Forums need to be at each others throats all the time. 4chan is the starter level for normies to find, and if they have a taste for it and want more eventually they'll graduate to Holla Forums. Or else wash out back to Reddit and Tumblr if they preferred their blue pills.

Honestly, would you want this place to be mainstream? I like that it's slower paced here, I like that we're under the radar enough not to get raided by SJW's or have to sift through summerfags to get to intelligent posts. And if I decide to poke my head out into the general masses because I want speed and attention, I can go check into 4chan for a day or two before coming back to my comfy home at Holla Forums.

WWOEC was "Wacky World of Erotic Cartoons", and had a really long history and discussion forum. It wasn't really relevant as a place to get art after Paheal came into existence, but the discussion was still pretty good there. I was sad to see it go down.

Ummm… overruled? What's your beef, mate?

Mostly this. I was also slightly butthurt when the 4chan mods started deleting my posts, but I guess it was too hot for Holla Forums (though in my defense, /aco/ didn't exist at the time). But I like the atmosphere at Holla Forums generally, since I detest SJW's and haven't gotten sick of seeing threads that mock them yet. And the slow pace is a good thing for me, since I work on this in my free time and sometimes real life takes precedence for a week or two and I like that the thread is still around when I can return to it.

I was having a lot of fun with that actually, but the time came when most of my players were dealing with midterm exams, and so suddenly the threads became dominated by one samefag lurking and grabbing the first post at every step, and he was… not exactly clever. So it was hurting the quality of the game, and I decided to shelve it and work on things that mattered more. I could return to it someday (I still have all the thread archived I think).

It's a superiority thing, plus the bad blood that came from gamergate, redwood, scruffy and that one /a/ mod doesn't help.

Tbqh this whole post sounds kinda low for you, Toonspew.

You're entitled to your opinion dude, but if you're not more specific about what you mean I can't really comment.
I assume you're the user that screencapped the top of my previous post for the halfchan thread and called it douchey?

Anyway I really don't care about chan politics all that much, Holla Forums works better for me and the pace that I am able to work at currently. People who come to this thread can discuss this specific Treatment for a Ghoul School reboot, and I don't have to constantly clarify the distinction between my work, Herny's version of the girls, The WinnieQuest guy and his version of the characters, and on and on. Fighting for recognition in the general threads (without having my own art style for people to immediately recognise it by) was getting to be more effort than I was spending on actually writing. If Holla Forums hadn't sprung into existence around the same time, I'd probably have left for Pluschan's /pco/ instead, where I used to write some smut stories for the "Tribal Titans" project a number of years back.

If that makes me a douche, then… so be it.

Typical cuck.
Nice to see you stick here Toonspew.

Enrich me Toonspew, my memory is shaky on this one.

Sounds like you're just mad that people started making content at a faster pace while you were left in the dust. So you came here to hold on to any sort of relevance.

Toonspew was the guy who started this all. Well Glen did back in the 80's but all takes on the characters done by the others was built on the revised foundation TS created.

Its not monstrous to want so recognition or to be consulted when people start doing shit with your adopted baby.

I was just scrolling by Holla Forums when your name jumped out at me.

Big fan, Teenage Von Neumann Device was god-tier, glad to hear you're on fullchan.

The arrogance of these people, this is why you don't interact with them.

Looks like someone just came from 4cuck.

Tribal Titans was a strange idea that began as artwork and eventually writefags such as myself started contributing worldbuilding fapfics to build on it. The artist who contributed the most (and maybe started it?) was SlashySmiley, who did pics like these:
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/526987
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/641158
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/686058

It was mostly an excuse to see the Titans girls in loincloths and body paint. But there was lore to it; each of the girls were worshipped as totems or goddesses by the natives of some planet they had become stranded on, and they had ggained powers related to a particular kink that they were the goddess of. Raven, for example, was the goddess of fertility and so was almost perpetually pregnant. Bumblebee was the goddess of loli/shota, Blackfire was BDSM (and a futa), Pantha was a war-goddess… my memory is fuzzy on the rest.

People can do whatever shit with Ghoul School that they want, I follow Herny and collect all his art and it was because I was having fun following WinnieQuest that I thought I'd take a stab with writing in a Quest-thread format like that, which was fun for a while too. I don't expect anyone to kowtow to my ideas just because I wrote a fic.

But as for "left in the dust", I don't think anyone on Halfchan is putting in any effort whatsoever towards getting this characters on the air or in print in any form. If they were, I'd be over there supporting it however I could. All Halfchan wants to do is beg artists for free art of their waifus… which is fine, but you can't really call it "productive".

Thanks dude. I'm glad people are still enjoying that fic, even though I look back and think a lot of it is pretty cringey now. I'm still rather proud of the final fight scene though.

Too old.

As somebody who has only been following this tentatively, whats going on exactly and whats this fight over? And who is the person actually drawing the real nice Ghoul School Fanart?

I want to a little bit.

In fact, when my new tablet comes in I want to get started on something.

Wait… Some tripfaggot in a semi-obscure 2deepnedgy4u chan about nazi apologism and online harrassment of poor defenseless game-developers women has the copyrights for what used to be a saturday morning cartoon and a spinoff of one of the most popular cartoons in existence?

The fuck's going on? Why is this tripfag talking as if he owns the franchise?

If you actually read the thread you'd know, faggot.

Summarize.

Low effort bait. Reddit tier shit, head back to 4chins Holla Forumscksluts.

he is a disgusting tripfags though.

No please Im separate from the guy throwing around insults. Im just a bit confused as too what is going on.

May God have mercy on your souls.

I posted a summary just a couple days ago:

Just pointing out why no person with a career or any semblance of fame would want anything to do with us. Especially not someone in the industry of toddlers' entertainment .
inb4: MUH LAUREN FAUST

OK having read the summary sounds cool. Especially since Warner Brother is trying a retarded as hell Scooby Do Crossover universe, this is probably the best time to strike.

I don't know how I could help (Im a Animation student with 0 natural talent for animation), but seems at least a decent way for me to develop skills.

Depends also on the style of the show. For some reason reminds me of MLTR, but that may be just because of the porn audience.

Also as much as it would be cool this is probably true. With internet and identity politics especially.

Im kinda shocked Bruce Tim is still allowed to do what he does considering his more saucy origins. Just pure power of his skill I guess.

Memetically appropriate.
>trust me! I am a dead girls romance expert!**

It can be done, but how autistic are you people to go through with it?

This thread's gone deeper than Phantasma's grave.

We have yet to see the true depths of this thread.

Oh, sorry. Still doesn't make you not a faggot for not reading the thread though. sage for off-topic

And yet there you are posting art from there.

Maybe you should post something a bit more constructive and quit antagonizing the guy.

Any room for an alcoholic Sibella?

There's room for anything.

I'll take her. Considering how all she wants is attention and has the wine I'll have some drinks with her I make a good listener.

I'd be happy with any new Sibella art.

Nope. Just doesn't work. Sibella is a classy girl. Doesn't stoop to jealousy and doesn't have to. She has an older sister personality. Why is this a thing? Or if this isn't a thing yet how can this be stopped?

Also

I agree.

I disagree.

if that's real Hitler should of won, cause art is officially dead.

New art from chan celebrity artist plagueofgripes formerly 1800.

His Winnie is alright but I guess the other girls will have to grow on me

My only issue is Sibella having short hair.

Other than that, he did a great job.

Hmmmm… would the girls look good in that style?

Here you go.

Does Tanis still suck her thumb?

I think the best way to go is split the difference. Sibella is a classy girl, and doesn't usually drink… wine. But on the rare occasion that she is peer-pressured into having a glass, Sibella is an extreme light-weight and begins stumbling and slurring halfway into her first glass.

Not bad! Not my first choice for designs, but if CN premiered a show looking like this I wouldn't be sad. I would miss classy long-haired Sibella though (short-hair looks a little tomboy, which clashes with her usual personality) and Tanis' outfit looks full-on Monster High airheaded. Apart from that, (Not Bad/10)

SIBELLA: "She used to, but it kept coming off and getting lodged in her throat. I'd have to give her the Heimlich maneuver first thing in the morning before she could eat breakfast."

L
O
L

Hey Winnie do you ever get tired of all the typical canine stereotypes normal people associate with you? Like the scratching on the head, peeing with the leg up, etc?

I wanna fuck that werewolf.

Looks like your designs are beginning to catch on Toonspew.

I mentioned this in a Halfchan thread a couple days ago, but I have considered making a contribution to that cause. I had plans to make a one-shot comic as sort of a way to start showcasing my ideas for a reboot and see where things go from there.

Now however, I am very unsure about going through with this for a couple different reasons.

Oh shit, I'm the one who drew that second image. Although I gotta correct who I attributed it to on my page. I thought KindaHornyArt came up with it first. I should have read the thread more thoroughly.

Does anyone have an archived collection of all of the discussions about the Ghoul School project? I've been out of the loop for a while. Also, same goes for art and write-faggotry.

I'm pretty bent, but there's still something about Winnie that undeniably draws my attention.

Wait, I know what it is. It's because furfaggotry is the worst kind of slow-burn carcinogen. The years and years of passive, innocuous exposure while browsing the internet taints you so gradually that you don't even realise it's happening, much less think that you could fall prey to it.

It wears down your inhibitions and corrodes your tastes and personal preferences, until you realise that random furshit is capable of sporadically bypassing your sexuality and very sense of private deviant-decency.

Then one day, you wake up at your desk, sore all over, covered in what you hope is Bad Dragon cum-lube, with e621 open in eleven separate tabs, and your yiff role-playing partner anxiously messaging you in IRC to ask if you received the ears and tail butt-plug he sent you in the mail. Where did it all go wrong?

Anyway, dare I ask if there's any gender-swapped art of the ghouls floating around?

This development should be made permanent and i support it.

Fuck off back to 4chan.

Glad to know 4 and 8 function on the same flawless logic.

Okay.

Truly I have been bested!

Apologies for hurting your feefees.

So why is namefagging bad again?

Wew.

Take a fucking guess. Namefags are universally hated outside of halfchan.

Bumping with some art.

I'm not into monsters and I know almost nothing about this cartoon, but I have to say the designs are super fun.
Way better than that Monster High garbage.