ITT: We post and discuss light-hearted comedies

ITT: We post and discuss light-hearted comedies.

Do you even laugh?

Schindler's List
Grave of the Fireflies

You know these are comedies because the people on the posters are laughing.

Requiem for a Dream was kinda cheesy but I found to be altogether light-hearted. Irreversible, The General's Daughter, and Watership Down were real comfy and funny.

Was the laugh track necessary?

Dead Poets Society
Short Circuit 2

The one where Robin Williams goes to hell.

i, uh, hate to break it to you but that was real life user.

no he meant vanilla sky and its a sjitty movie anyway, your fucking wife offed herself why would you go after her? you think being dead and in hell she chages her mind?

SHE LITERALLY CHOSE ETERNAL DAMNATION OVER SPENDING ANOTHER DAY IN YOUR PRESENCE

sure you arent talking about "what dreams may come?" vanilla sky is semi redpilled in that penelope cruz leaves tom cruise because his face got horrifically scarred or whatever.

Technically, according to all major Christian denominations and branches, as well as Islam and Judaism and some syncretic faiths like Baha'i, Robin Williams IS suffering in hell for all of eternity, including at this very moment, for committing suicide.

oh yeah thatrs igt i always get those titles confused along with eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

Actually, Catholics believe that whether or not a suicide goes to hell or not is based on the circumstances and causes related to the individual suicide, so some suicides can go to heaven, or more commonly purgatory, while some others go to hell. However, I'm not a Catholic and haven't studied enough of the Catholic dogma to know what those conditions are, so not sure about Williams. I think Orthodox may also believe similar to Catholics on this issue, so he may be alright in their book as well. Most types of Protestants and non-denominationals though, yeah, they believe his ass is in hell, no doubt about it. Also, I don't think Jews actually believe in hell, or at least not the same type of hell as Christians and Muslims. Keep in mind, Muslims basically stole their interpretation of hell from early Christianity.

jews dont go to hell only gentiles and its not exactly hell but sheol, sort of like purgatory lite

Isn't Sheol like the Babylonian underworld, or Hades, where it's just kinda gloomy and everybody's unhappy because they're not alive anymore?

I know the original Jewish underworld was based off of a flaming trash dump they had in Ancient Isreal.

This is such a light hearted comedy that even a retard can get into it

(((south korea))) tho

Babel
(Just) 7 Pounds (zero callories!)
The Fountain
Pappylon
Hateful 8

Jacob's Ladder