Before the flood

when will this meme end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/REzgHIJYeJE?t=56s
xkcd.com/1732/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_in_Hawaii
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_Iceland
askjaenergy.com/2014/11/17/iceland-is-the-world-largest-energy-consumer-per-capita/
eia.gov/state/rankings/?sid=HI#series/12
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_in_crustaceans
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whatever, here's this.
youtu.be/REzgHIJYeJE?t=56s

The movie Waterworld is what I think of everytime I see global warming bullshit.

well I hate to break it to you Holla Forums but the seas are still getting warmer and icecap melt vs freeze is deep in the negative.

The problem is that leftycunts have jumped all over this and turned into something that its not because we must act NAOW(tm)

The real damage from climate change is 100+ years into the future so no one really knows what this means. LIkely an ice age in what? few hundred, few thousand years?

Human race was doomed anyway.

If we entered the industrial revolution right before we entered the medieval warm period you could make a "rock solid" case that release of C20 causes warming. Except, in that case, as we know with our knowledge of the past, the reality would have been that the Earth would have warmed regardless of that industry. Would CO2 being released increase the temperature? Probably, but you also have the negative feedback of more heat = more water vapor = more clouds = increased albedo/reflection of incoming light. Earth's surface also radiates out, if I recall correctly, shortwave radiation more efficiently if it's at a higher temperature (an analogy would be that it's easier to squeeze out toothpaste if the tube is full.)

Oh, and just to clarify, I accept that the direct effect of CO2 is warming, but the feedbacks which the mainstream assumes/guesses/estimates to produce a three fold amplification of the direct effect of CO2, that's what I'm skeptical about.

heh looks like we are in general agreement.

I have no big issue in what you have stated.

Antarctica is growing.

All we need to do is meme harder and smarter.

Greenland is shrinking.

We are in net negative ice atm.

If Obama and Leo DiCaprio are making movies about Climate change and its got full backing of the media, then it must be a load of bull.

I mean look at this shit. Hillary is investigated by the FBI, and seperately other investigations into the Clinton Foundation, and these guys want to vote for someone who could be tried for Treason? (Which all depends how far the FBI is in the back pocket or not)

xkcd.com/1732/

How do you explain this? Climate change is real, no matter what Holla Forums says, but wind energy is a fucking joke and solar still needs battery development. Nuclear is the answers but liberals hate it because they are fucking stupid.

This, nuclear only terrifies leftists because "muh nuklear armz". The reality is Nuclear is more efficient than coal and oil and cleaner than shit like hydro and our efficiency is only getting better. Solar and hydro are alright but produce dick compared to nuclear. I don't know shit about geothermal so I can't comment on that.

global warming is a bunch of horseshit anyway, no matter where you go on earth from the hottest desert at noon to the coldest perpetual darkness at the poles you go up in the air 1000 feet and its the same fucking temperature.

if global warming were really happening the fucking atmosphere would be warming up too

Geothermal is pretty good but its only available in certain area's which is the major drawback.

Unless we start digging deep? But that would be too expensive I assume.

idk lad, you really got me.

I feel conflicted because I think nuclear energy is ok but Im not sure if it would work in my home state because its an island. Although I think geothermal could work for my home state.

The current idea of climate change is to bring us back to the stone age so nothing changes, even though such changes have happened through history without any human intervention.
They are using climate change to prevent bombings of ISIS because said bombings are supposed to pollute the atmosphere.
The scaremongering with climate change has to stop, it's beyond ridiculous at this point.

island, in the ocean?

fuck that nuclear noise go with tidal generators

What state?

Wew (((laddie))). Are you one of those people who's afraid of Nuclear energy because it might meltdown? Climate change is real and there's ways to mitigate it but people don't want to because the kikes running the oil business don't want to lose their shekels and the droaning on about wind have no idea what they're talking about.

Oh fugg that should say those.

climate change is not that big of a deal you alarmist enabling piece of shit. nuclear energy is the only best option in the long term because burning shit for energy is bad when the alternative is rechargable nuclear thorium reactors. thats all there is to it… leave the psuedoscientific speculation to the 12$ an hour grad student adjunct professors

I talked about the with my engineering teacher who has a PhD in mechanical, civil and worked on nuclear power plants for 20+ years.

We had a short chat but he said the biggest problem is that it would produce little by little energy and deciding how far the lines would go because the further inland the more the energy loses. Also has the same problem as solar which is storage. What if a line breaks would that whole area be a death trap? etc. Thats what I remember, he said it could work but nobody isnt trying it.

I agree that it is stupid when we need to drop bombs on ISIS but there is already a solution for climate change and thats nuclear, but libs bitch about it, solar is going to take way to fucking long, while Elon is doing good with tesla and their electric vehicles, oil is still pretty effective, what are we gonna do? Ban all combustion engines in 2 years and force electric? You have to replace trucks, cars, suv's etc. The avg car in the US is 12 years old more or less, people are poor. People cant afford it.

I live in Hawaii.

Funny enough they're installing that stuff here right now.

I'm partial to solar because there's demand here for it and the technology has been improving and people here have been buying more of it. The problem is that the electric company has this outdated system and is hesitant on adopting a solar so they can keep their monopoly.

Pretty sure hawaii can use thermal. They have active volcano's.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_in_Hawaii

According to this its pretty retarded that you guys only use 2% for thermal energy while Iceland manges to get 65%
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_Iceland

askjaenergy.com/2014/11/17/iceland-is-the-world-largest-energy-consumer-per-capita/
eia.gov/state/rankings/?sid=HI#series/12

And according to this, Iceland uses a lot of energy so there isnt a usage difference.

someone should tell astronomers that runaway carbon dioxide isn't a big deal and the reason venus is the way it is is because god made it that way.
before he made adam and eve. not adam and steve, okay.

solar technology aside from photovoltaics sounds amazing; molten sodium chloride carries the heat to a reactor producing steam for a turbine - fucking amazing

i said itsn ot a big deal, and you have no proof that it is a big deal aside from a bunch of hens running around screaming for forty years that the sky is falling

we have solved actual legitimate global crises on this earth like ozone depletion - we dont need to address climate change at all, the idiots who live five feet under sea level near the coast have to move their fucking houses

That's exactly what nu-climate change believers are afraid of.
Now granted we don't want to go china tier, but the problems china is creating are attributed to countries with minimal industries and huge taxes are imposed on them.
But in reality it is meant to stunt growth in smaller players, while leaving monsters like china afloat.

yeah i'll get right on that as soon as the dinosaurs who put the fucking carbon underground in the first place come back to life and do a PSA saying that all that carbon did jack shit to the atmosphere except support a wildly more varied ecosystem - one strong enough to survive five seperate catastrophic extinction events

there are literally shills planted in environmental movements whose sole purpose is to cloud debate, instill fear, and fuck up any chance of trying to convince liberal hippies that a current gen reactor simply cannot melt down. it is fucking impossible.
and further, shills pushing solar and wind in these environmental groups.
you can't heat your home in the winter with any of that shit. that's why companies like shell love it. you might've seen their commercial extoling the benefits and how they're 'investing' in it.

that's not how it works

Yeah there's been talk here of expanding the use of thermal energy with the volcanoes. Sadly we haven't done it yet.

no seriously - if another large collider object were to hit the earth what do we have here in sufficient numbers that could possibly survive it now? chickens, pigs, cows, rats, housecats and dogs? what diversity still exists on this earth in the multicellular organism thanks to man?

if we were hit by anything today nothing larger than lichen and algae would survive because we have castrated the natural worlds capability to bounce back through radiative evolution

here come the triggered Holla Forums niggers.

All I said is that the ocean temperature is rising and we are in net negative ice.

2 easily verifiable facts. The fact you haven't bothered and have conflated it to 'propaganda' shows the massive limitation of your thinking.

not to mention the fact that chernobyl, one of the most unsafe designs ever put into production (primarily to make bombs) that even the rush to privatization in the US wasn't stupid enough to go with, had no lasting effects.

but anyways, the point is that it's all about the money. even climate change has a lot of money riding on it, due to credits. there are jews everywhere.

Yeah but now they have Fukushima to point at and blame for pollution as a more modern event.
Even if most european nuclear power plants have nothing even close to the sea or ocean.

I really don't understand Holla Forumss aversion to climate change existing. I can understand why they hate greenniggers constant shilling of Wind and solar which are largely shit but the oil industry pretty much only benefits the Jews and Saudis.

insects retard.

I didn't know Jews benefitted from the oil industry. Thought it was just the Saudis.

It's not that a version of it doesn't exist.
It's just that the version most politicians use is just there to justify bad decisions.
Is not a version I am willing to take seriously while china has lasting smog daily.

stupidity, but there will likely be no health effects seen in that incident either, aside from the workers.

probably never. it's been 2000 years since Jesus died, and the meme that he was a god is still alive and well

and they're largely unrelated, hfc's and cfc's caused the massive holes in the ozone layer. hardly any industry even in the developing world still uses them - it's related to climate change in the same way polar bears are related to domesticated dogs

Rothschilds are digging for oil in Syria right now and were one of the biggest pushers for the petrodollar.

Yes and it is used daily in politics to hammer taxes on industries regardless of that.

Stop lying.

Which is a load of bullshit to begin with.

No, they are not easily verifiable, because there is no evidence outside of cartoons produced by NASA and date propping up those cartoons. No actual proof by an on the ground measurement has been obtained. Just biased information from a biased source.

You have no proof. You have claims that must be taken on faith.

Thank you for correcting the record.

chans…chans have changed…

Dude did you read the whole thread? There are people who acknowledge it but some question how big of an effect it has and that some politicians use it to promote certain industries and fuck over coal miners.

Climate change is real. Nice job ignoring science.

So you believe the NASA study that says that Antarctica is growing, but will ignore the one saying that Greenland is shrinking? How does this make any sense to you?

The climate is changing but throwing money at it is a scam especially when the chinks and dune coons will continue to pollute and burn oil with reckless abandon.
It was always going to change anyway nothing stays the same.
The real things that people should be concerned about are soil erosion and the acidification and warming of the seas.

Is that crab alive while its face is being cut off?

Also the Pacific Garbage patch is of great concern.

Yes but it's okay cause they don't really feel pain.

How don't they feel pain? Do they not have any nerves?

Didn't it like disappear like a year ago?
Which probably meant that it sank down into the depths to fuck with the life on the sea floor.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_in_crustaceans
The have nerves yes but reactions to stimuli does not equal pain.

I don't believe either study.

There's not an "observable" garbage patch.
In reality it's a large area of very, very small disintegrating plastic bits.

climate was never static
you might as well yell at clouds

On what grounds? Seems to fit in with the data of thousands of researchers across multiple disciplines. You would literally have to make all the science out there fake to do this, dating to the 1920s.

I really have no idea how the fuck any Holla Forumsack can deny climate change. Here you have an acutal conspiracy by oil companies to try to gas light the entire world into believing that pumping billions of pounds of CO2 into the air won't affect anything. Guess where these oil companies make their money? The middle east, home of kikes and sand niggers who use the oil money to fund wars and spread their religious shit. A perfect conspiracy, a conspiracy that actually exists, yet/pol/ chooses to side with big companies who want to fuck them over for short term quarterly profit, the most "jew" thing that a company could do.

And when climate change really starts to get going, what are the first countries affected by it? The middle east and other desert areas. What are they going to do? Try to move into rich countries. I thought Holla Forums wanted to keep them out, why would you deny the very thing that keeps them contained?

Hell even if you do deny climate change, the oil is going to dry up eventually, it's not unlimited. I don't understand why anyone wants to continue to be at the mercy of a few oil companies when you have a giant nuclear reactor in space raining down free energy from the sky, and it will continue to do so for billions of years without fail. For some reason spending trillions of dollars fighting muslim red necks isn't a waste of money but investing even 10% of that into a national solar panel system is somehow an evil jewish plot to waste tax payer dollars.

I guess because climate change and alternative power sources have been taken up by the "left" Holla Forums automatically is triggered by it and has to take the reactionary opposite side, even if it means working against their own goals, rhetoric, and reality itself.

Well some politicians are taking advantage of global warming to subsidize certain industries. I don't disagree with you on solar or global warming, however I think the alternatives still need work and we can't rush it. Nuclear could be a good alternative for some. Personally I just dislike subsidies in general.

I heard there's been some attempts to clean it up.

Climate change isn't real. Global warming, climate change's older brother, wasn't real. However, climate cycles are real. But let's back up a bit, the first in these phony panics was global warming. The same outlets and people who were "warning" everyone about it aren't even talking about it anymore. Global warming is out, climate change is in. It's as if global warming never happened. The Day After Tomorrow is now the Twister of the 2000s. If you decide to go peak at actual climate reports from scientists who don't buy into these phony panics, you will see that the world is actually experiencing a natural cycle and looks more like global cooling.

No, it's that we're (slowly) moving towards another ice age and its severity is not yet predictable. More importantly, the planet has its own natural cycles. People who were behind all kinds of other ecological panics of yore know how to take advantage of these natural planetary cycles and create merchandise and a name out of it and make lots of money.

Those are recorded record highs. We, or rather whoever is in charge of recording accurate temperatures haven't been recording temperatures for the last 100-150 years, give or take. "Acts of God," as it were get used to justify political pushes and use it to suit political agendas.

The affect it will create isn't actually hazardous. Think back to elementary school science. What did they teach you trees relied on and converted into breathable oxygen? They use CO2 and the more CO2 there is, the more breathable oxygen they spew out. Obviously there's a threshold but on a planetary scale, reaching it is damn near impossible. Incidentally, pumping CO2 into the atmosphere is helping plants grow at a faster rate than normal. But remember what the eco-panic of the pre-millennial decades was about? They said that the opposite would happen and that we would reduce the earth to some post-apocalyptic wasteland.

The simple answer for all of this and why Holla Forums and other people don't fall for the climate change maymay is because it's the same people as last time who want to get their name out there, get everyone panicking over made up bullshit, and more importantly there are scientists who are quite literally bullied or paid off so they can be a part of the scam. Luckily this type of scam has diminishing returns and no one's really buying into it. Tangentially related, thanks to this election cycle and the wikileaks emails, everyone involved with these schemes are losing whatever benefit of the doubt they had.

And? Oh, suddenly thousands of people can't be involved in a world wide scam? Tell me another one schlomo.

Solar isnt reliable in all areas. For instance Maine and the north east region would be shit for Solar. Solar is shit in so many places. Along with the battery/storage problem.

only one of them confirm my views

Nice confirmation bias.

lol so the climate has never changed on the billions of years that earth has been here?

Yeah and the climate is out of cycle in response to humans pumping far more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than would've been released naturally.
Ergo, the climate is changing, due to humans.

Say what you want about DiCaprio but at least he's not at the UN rambling about how women in the western world are oppressed and is focusing on an issue he believes is of grave danger to humanity.
Too bad about his acting skills though.

you can mansplain all you want kid, the fact is that the most smartest scientists of the 21st century like bill nye and dawkins agree that climate change is real.

I don't get why liberals don't see the contradictions.
They want clean energy, but also safe, but also cheap. They want it NOW.
They want more shit to buy, higher pay, more jobs, easier jobs.
More immigration, less police, a safer society, less guns.
Easier jobs, but also many more work-able people.
Cheaper food, easier to cook, better tasting.

People that retarded should just be executed to lower the emission of metane and carbon dioxide, a 10 years old can understand this shit.

I don't give a shit because I will be dead before it becomes a problem that affects me.

Its retarded. It is similar to the ricy eating expensive meats but at the same time supporting PETA. They just want the plebs to worship them more, while they tske away the things the plebs enjoy.

If you only look at the data that confirms your assumption and ignore everything else then of course you will affirm your opinion.

To be fair he acknowledges that he's a rich asshole with a footprint far bigger than anyone elses in the video.

Didn't the Japs have a nuclear disaster back in 2011? Wouldn't that same shit happen here if we went nuclear?

I want unbiased sources. You want to suck more cocks.

Yes.

It says "Sources: Shakun et al. (2012), Marcott et al. (2013), Annan and Hargreaves (2013), Hadcrut4, IPCC" on the image.

You're retarded but at least you'll never give a speech on "global" warming surrounded by images of the AE flat Earth map.

everyone has that hair style now

I rocked a mun for a while a few years ago and have felt guilty about it ever since.

That doesn't prove it's caused by people, retard. Again, climate change science proves to be unscientific by throwing out the rule that correlation does not prove causation.

forgot second image

great film tbhqf

They had a nuclear disaster because both an earthquake and a tsunami hit a generation II reactor which is using the same shitty light water reactor technology that was shared with other countries in the 1950s under 'Atoms for Peace'.

wew

Do you have brain damage?

Source?
Remember the burden of proof?

That's exactly right.
CORRELATION NEVER, EVER PROVES (for a fact) CAUSATION.
You always have to have something else along with a correlation to prove it, otherwise you could just point to any correlation and use your argument.
Correlations can be investigated further to find proofs for causation in an experiment, but correlation alone does not prove causation.
I think you were looking to say that ">correlations never lead to causation" but that still isn't true.

For example, here is an experiment: imagine you had some kind of insect, and you put them in an experiment on a piece of paper, and wet one side of the paper. You observed that more of them ended up on the wet side. You come to the conclusion that they went to the wet side because of the water. However, this is wrong, because you did not PROVE they went specifically for the water. There was only a correlation.
What if the insects went to the wet side because the wet side appeared darker and the insects have an aversion to light? You would have to conduct further experiments to see why they really went to the other side.

I always thought they were trying to go for a top knot look like the samurai.

of the billions of tons of CO2 produced every year what percentage are humans responsible for?

I know China is responsible for some of it.

it's 4%. 4% of all CO2 put into the atmosphere is from humans, the rest is naturally produced by the earth.

Which network would that be? Everyone that I've seen pimps "man made climate change" as if it were a real thing. Which it obviously is not.