Which Star Trek?

I like science fiction, but I've never watched a single episode of Star Trek. I know there are multiple series, which one should I watch?

I'm sort of inclined to watch the series with Patrick Stewart as Captain Picard because I like Patrick Stewart, otherwise I have no idea. I'm a little biased against the original series since (I think?) it is in black and white and I seem to recall it's a little rougher around the edges.

Original series was in colour, but it is 60's TV quality. The third season is when TNG gets good.

original series has some nice episodes, but otherwise i too can't stand the quality that much
TNG improves on everything by a lot
DPS is a bit campy at times, but more or less any episode with Gul Dukat makes things worth it. until he goes mad that is, afterwards there's no point in watching the Not-Stannis butchery

fuck i meant DS9

How do you guys feel about SF Debris and his reviews on Star Trek. Do you think he does a good job of covering it?

Anyways, watch TNG, but season 1 and 2 are really shaky. Deep Space 9 is rather good, but it's a bit of a departure from previous series in terms of setting and style, but the writing seems more mature, to me at least.

Enterprise is good and I will defend it. Voyager needs to be wiped from everyone's memory. It's literally some shitty fanfiction the producers made up, and really hamfists the diversity.

TNG > DS9 > TOS > ENT > VOY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Star Trek Discovery.

There's an animated series, if you're into that.

I was about to bully you for that.

wew laddy

DS9 and TOS are the ones really worth watching. TNG is passable and has the best two-parters hands down. ENT and VOY have some good episodes but are largely bad.

The newest movie, Beyond, was actually half decent, and you should give it a whirl. I don't think you even need to watch the first two, it seemed to hold itself up as a standalone, provided you know the basic roles and names of the bridge crew, which you can do in an episode or two of TOS.

Do you also enjoy watching other men fuck your wife?

this
Space hitler and the space jews>Q episodes and muh prime directive>Kirk fucks everything that moves>all the others

I love it, but it's probably just because I watched TNG before TOS or DS9, so it's pretty much my standard.

That being said, I still want to fug Terry Farrell, regardless of that fact she's crazy and a lefty.

i liked midget dax more, she looked like she could suck a mean dick

You can start with TOS, you can skip the cheesy episodes (that's what I did), at least watch the episode Balance of Terror.

Me too

ST

they were too good for this world

None, Star Trek is fucking garbage

He's a cuck worse than regular Internet reviewers, he just retells the plot of each episode with his inane nitpicks and e-celeb humour added.

Cheese was one of the best things about TOS though.

Come on man, to be a good troll it has to be at least a little believable.

Just see TNG.

The others you kinda need to actually like the show. For instance I like the Original series better than DS9 and Voyager.

Those two pick up at certain points. Like the Dominion war with DS9 and Seven of 9 on Voyager.

Enterprise did nothing wrong.

I did like Enterprises' Mirror Universe 2 parter episode. I was like "goddamn THIS is a show I can get into".

agree

Does Netflix have it (or any other series)? If no, is there another good place to stream it? Don't feel like messing with torrents tonight, and too lazy to hunt down my password for it to check yes I know I'm a lazy fuck, don't even bother bullying me

I believe they do. And yes it was mentioned earlier that the first two seasons of TNG are shaky. I agree with that. It's true when you see the full series that the first two seasons were sub-par.

First two seasons of TNG are pretty bad. However, TNG has good two-parters that are even better than DS9's and all of TNGs klingon episodes are good, even the ones in the first two seasons.

Enterprise really was the best though, I think it hit right on target in that sweet spot where it isn't too goofy like TOS can be but it's never as dull as TNG often was. My only problem with ENT is the time travel and that it moves too quickly into safe and familiar territory. Still the best of the bunch.

I disagree; ENT overdid it and Bakula is out of character: It doesn't work.

AGED LIKE MILK

Dude, you in for some rose tinted shit.

I liked Bakula. He gave Archer allot of character development. Enthusiastic and naive at the start to weathered and serious by the end.

Mayweather was the blight on the cast. Talentless with as much character as a fence post. The only reason he isn't hated is because he was too bland to be annoying and star trek fans aren't allowed to criticize minorities or women.

How? Like you said he did fucking nothing except drive the ship. I couldn't bring myself to hate him because he was so nonexistent.

This post describes why I like Enterprise. Bakula did a good job with Archer. Porthos got more character development than Mayweather.

Mayweather race mixing with that redhead does not count as character development.

His acting was so bad it'd break my suspension of disbelief and remind me I'm watching people on a set pretending to be in a space ship. I don't know how he got through an audition with that shit. All the series had their share of weak actors but he was the absolute worst. An actor hired for a big expensive fucken TV show should at least be competent enough not to break the audiences immersion. He probably did some sick shit with some gay producer to get the role. I can't understand it.

Beyond is bad. They present poop dick marriage like it is no big deal. They even give Sulu a kid to molest, disgusting. For some reason Spock is sad that his alternate older self is dead. Why? This is a stranger to nu-Spock. The only good part is the albino q.t. running around. The story is a mess that tries to fit into Enterprise for no reason. The ship, the USS Franklin is the NX-3xx and was built before the NX-01! What!? Scotty is a nu-male bitch who for some reason does not try to bang albino q.t. 3.14. Probably because Simon Pegg is a cuck.

Worf has no honor.

The only problem with ENT is its last episode, it's a "fuck you" to the cast and those who liked the show.

Enterprise had the best phaser battles. They were fun and dynamic.

Yup. All so we could see old fat Jonathen Frakes and old Mariana Sirtis.

I skipped the last episode so I've never seen it.

It's funny because it's true. Even Porthos' cheese habit was more interesting than anything Travis ever did.

Porthos has more emotional range than Mayweather too. Every time something bad happened to the Captain, Porthos got sad and had to be consoled.

Porthos.

Porthos?

Porthos!

Porthos was hands down the Garak of ENT. Prove me wrong.

Porthos

I honestly think that TOS has aged better than the vast majority of TNG-era trek. Enterprise was an okay show, but it didn't start to really feel like Trek until the last season.

This is a pop culture artifact. Kirk as presented in TOS is passionate, but ultimately is a mature and principled man.

No debating that. Who was the Shran of DS9?

Odo?

voyager is good only with 7 of 9 in it
start watching at last episode of season 3
everything before is bad

Is 7 of 9 a good character or are her tits that good? I can't stand Paris on that show, the guy is supposed to be some sort of bad boy but is a straight race mixing cuck by the last episode.

half the cast

He should have played more roles, he was great in every one of them.

Someone should create a Combsverse where every Star Trek character is played by Jeffrey Combs.

She is a character like Data. A Pinocchio like character discovering humanity. The show is drab, then she comes in and either focuses other characters dynamic or creates much more interesting dynamic.

The show was slow and had little energy/interest, she shows up and suddenly actors have something to work with to bounce off their characters.

FUND IT

Q episodes are fucking awesome.

ENT gets hated on a lot but I've never understood the hate, the series has it's fair share of good episodes, my personal favourite being In A Mirror Darkly. Sure the character development in a few of the characters was poor but that's true of TOS.

Threshold is the worst episode of voyager.

OP just go for TNG since you already like Patrick Stewart. If you're interested 420chan has an entire board dedicated to Star Trek /1701/.

If you hover your mouse over his channel icon to the left of his name, you can see it still links to /fagottron.

FTFY