When did Comedy go to shit exactly?

When did Comedy go to shit exactly?

When women became the major market.

ZIMBABWE!

When it started worrying about offending special interest groups.

When shows like pic related stopped being parody and became our reality.

That seemed to be fairly realistic at the time which took the writers by surprise since it helped make it so much more popular with audiences.

As far as those outtakes, I can't blame the actors or audience since I've heard they get into prepping the audiences with comedians and whatever else to help get them in a more jovial mood before they start up and the actors themselves probably are in a pretty decent mood considering their popularity, pay, and nice working conditions.

What makes a lot of comedy shows shit is that they try to avoid making fun of anything that people actually come across in life. Instead you end up with things like Colbert trying to attack strawmen and act offended by people not wanting to take it up the ass, which isn't really that funny to watch.

Laugh-tracks ruined everything.

And example without laugh-track.

While I agree, my point was that MwC showed an exaggeration of a middle-low class American family and the world around them but this wouldn't really work in today's society. Al no longer represents a working class man at his worst, he represents all white men who feel like the world has turned against them. The character of Marcy, a hypocritical, materialistic feminist is no longer an exaggeration, she's no different from your average female college/uni student.

How old are you? Those people have always existed. Al was never a caricature.

From what I've seen it looks like a bog standard western marriage. Womans a cunt, mans just fed up and they're stuck together because they have kids.

i miss bill hicks.

This is so much better, though the guy needs to edit a little more closely.

I still have a soft spot for Home Improvement though.

still better than having to pay child support and alimony without even being able to see your kids

I know the death of parody happened with the popularization of the Scary Movie formula.

Absolutely disgusting and barbaric.

Sad but true

I'd lick them tbh

That gun in my dresser has been looking really friendly lately

he's still alive (pic related)

He did no wrong.

I think it all went to shit when anti-humor became popular. When Zach Galifianakis and Seth Rogan came along with their "DUDE WEED LMAO!" and their "funny not funny" cringe schtick.

i would put T&E higher up on the list than zach cunflapsmacklips

T&E started it but Zach made it mainstream.