What went Wrong?

Also, anyone have an archive or links to the last Force Awakens thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-The-Thrawn-Trilogy/Full-Part-1?id=76644
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was destined to be a by-the-numbers corporate reboot from the start. That's what went wrong.

Also, I say it everytime, the lack of originality. Six films dealing with the rise and fall of the Empire, fall and rise of the Jedi. Now we're getting another three about the not-Empire who are somehow even more capable and better equipped than the real Empire. Something new would have been welcomed.

They could have easily taken some risks with the movie because as the first of the new wave of Star Wars movies it would have printed money no matter what kind of clusterfuck it was.

I heard some user on the last thread suggesting that Finn should've been cut and that Captain Phasma should've been the one to betray the not-empire albeit gradually.

If anyone has an archive of the last thread, please post it.

Every last detail about the movie was fucked up beyond repair. It shouldn't have been made, there is no fixing it. The only way to fix it would be to scrap everything about it and start fresh.

Had they made something original, you can bet the casual plebs and Reddit would have been complaining about "not muh Star Wars".

How about instead of the First Order trying to be empire wannabes, they weaken the republic through different means, such as an internal conspiracy in the republican government, but far more sophisticated, logical and executed properly, unlike in the prequels?

1) Nigger
2) Feminism
3) shameless nostalgia trip
4) shameless Jew political pandering
5) shit acting
6) plot was literally the same
7) stupid Force logic like ms. feminism just learning how to miraculously overpower a Sith lord all of a sudden because muh vagina
8) another hackneyed father and son sentimentality

sage for mentioning such a shit movie

Something like this. Or the first order being remnants of different factions of the Empire with different ideals working together or at times against each other. I know a lot of people complained about the political talk in the prequels but Force Awakens needed some of that. It lacked a lot of context.

We're just left to assume that after the Empire was defeated they got into a position where they were bigger and better than before. Kind of sours the ending of the original. They could still remain the villains but with a different approach. Hidden but still just as much of a threat. Secret dealings and surprise guerilla ambushes of political leaders. Maybe leading up to a bigger scheme to overthrow the Republic from within. Something that feels like it doesn't ignore what happened int the previous movies.

I can't $ee any rea$on at all why (((Di$ney))) bought out $tar War$ to milk the $hit out of it for money

3, 5, 6, and 8 are valid

It also invalidated all the previous films. Luke and the Rebel Alliance achieved nothing, the First Order comes back even stronger. Luke goes into hiding, because he needs MaRey Sue to enlighten him or something.

If those leaks about 8 are true, there is going to be a shitstorm.

What leaks?

SW7 is horseshit. A big bag of SJW horseshit.

First mistake was sacking george, second was sacking his stories and ripping off the eu.

We'll never know if it was all for the best

I'm certain his episode 7 would have been better than a diversity remake of episode 4.

as are all the others, cuck

This is so fucking stupid I'm sure it's true.

How much you want to bet RLM will say it's a great idea after bitching about ring theory for 30 minutes straight?

Never happen. They are deadset against her needing to be rescued ever.

it's also the 3rd film focusing on the death star, 4 if you count the end of EP3.

lol why not using her Mary Sue powers, she don't need anybody to save her

they race-mixing propaganda can't come full circle if she is completely self sufficient you know.

I almost for sorry for Lucasfilm. Despite Kennedy supposedly being a serious contender to replace Bob Iger, no one gives a shit about Lucasfilm as a company, much less when George was the freak show attraction.

The definitive corporate reboot in every possible fashion. Rehashed plot from previous entries. Offensively bland, "bad ass" mary sue insert MC to completely dominate an impotent, pathetic villian. Copypasted imagery from previous films, even even it doesn't make sense. Bringing back old actors to half-assedly appeal to old fans. The cheapest, laziest possible special effects and stuntwork that everyday faggots can't tell the difference. And to cap it off, a big wet dump of divershitty to make to feel like you're on the right side of herstory.

Star Wars was never the pinnacle of cinema, so when you fuck it up this badly, you know you've hit rock bottom.

ah yes, the good ol pastebin "leaked plot."

funny thing is, it actually hasn't been shot down, just referred to as being shitty.

but, i think the title of episode 8 is going to be fall of the resistance, if that leaked picture is anything to go by, unless they changed it to echoes of the dark side after its leak? still shitty titles anyway, fucking fan fiction tier writing.

You can leave the cuck shed now, I'm done.

What is and is not "fan fiction tier writing" to you?

well, quite frankly, anything without the original writer, or at least their input, is fan fiction.

see, had they stuck with michael arndt's draft that was based on george's episode 7, i would probably enjoy the movie. however, even after canning george, they could have stuck with the script and i'd still be fine with the movie, just pissed over other reasons.

they just totally fucked up by taking the de-canonized expanded universe plotlines/characters and meshing it with episode 4. the film is literally fan fiction.

now, you might be thinking, "but user, they brought in lawrence kasdan to help write it." people conveniently forget that kasdan co-wrote empire and jedi with george, and that kasdan was brought in mainly for two reasons: dialogue improvement and plot restructuring. everything else otherwise is all george's ideas, save a few names that were taken from leigh brackett's draft.

So George is just a great ideas guy?

he always has been, but unlike jew jew he could still somewhat write.

no, because he was also autistic enough to tell the executives to fuck off while also creating special effects as we used to know them.
that and he did great world-building.
i doubt lucas would call himself an ideas guy, since he freely admits to ripping off mythology and being really into that "hero of a thousand faces" book or whatever its called.

He is a good director, writer and more.

director and producer maybe, but his dialog isnt the best. the OST was as good as it was because it was his passion project for like 5 years, and even then it needed some punch-up.

Nah

I heard his wife at the time helped with the dialogue.

i think it was just the editing

There is literally nothing wrong with The BLACKED Awakens. Now let me take an hour or two explaining why you're so fucking wrong for thinking otherwise.

If I had any complaints, it would be that it didn't have enough BLACKED moments in the movie. This is something Star Wars fans have been asking for for decades and something I wish children could see more of.

Nah, it's way more half-hearted than that

that would explain a lot

A better question would be, what would've made this better?

Let Ep 3 be the last real Star Wars movie?

It's missing 5 paragraphs bitching about the ring theory.

whats the ring theory?

it not being made and allowing our imagination to fill the gaps. if they needed to make a sequel it should take place at least 100 years later so there's absolutely no connection to the originals.

>people hate it when they remake classic films though
THE ARISTOCRATS

This is the true pottery.

Star Wars Ring Theory takes the pottery meme to its logical conclusion and insists that Star Wars must always be a repeat of itself, therefore excusing and enabling the hollywood reboot machine to rehash visuals and story cues we already have seen before. In other words, "Don't do anything new, with Star Wars especially." Reddit ruins everything.

This is a ripoff of Legend of Korra. Its awful.

That may seem kind of interesting. It's something I don't think we've truly seen in Star Wars.

So would Revan be one of those chosen ones? He used both the light and dark side and destroyed the Mandalorians and defeated the Sith after he left them.

Revan isn't canon anymore. Or rather he's not Disney Canon, I should say. He's still "Canon" in his own universe, but not in Disney's or the film's. He's part of the "Legends" brand/canon now. The only stuff that Disney actually kept canon from the old pre-Disney days are the six feature films themselves, the Clone Wars film, and the Clone Wars TV Series up until it got cancelled. Everything else was tossed. The new "Canon" is basically everything made or produced after Disney purchased the franchise, plus the stuff I mentioned.

EU was just soft canon that became softer

Again, I love how people act as if Disney only bought Star Wars and not Lucasfilm proper, complete with George's "heir apparent" as the head of the studio. Maybe that will change when Indiana Jones 5 comes out.

oh goddamit they're actually doing Indianna Jones 5?

As long as she gets rescued by the proud black man who fights against the evil white man, I'm sure it's within the constraints of the playbook.

Nobody cares what you think or love.

Anyone else have any other thoughts on what would've redeemed this?

I keep saying it; do something new. The Jedi/Sith and Empire/Rebels/Republic stuff has been done to death. Ep VI ended in such a way as to show that that cycle of history is done. The Sith were ended, the Empire in ruin. Maybe Ep VII should have been mopping up the remnants of the Empire while the real threat is getting ready to show itself. Hell, even a generic ancient evil uniting the galaxy story would have been better than ANOTHER DEATH STAR AND EMPIRE STORY.

Turn the Thrawn books into movies. Otherwise let the movie franchise die with dignity and relegate the "new" trilogy to comics, Disney has Marvel now, they know how to milk a storyline for years without letting it get nowhere.

Play the Jedi Knight games.

That should have been the sequel.

Yeah, the prequels actually did that right. Now it has become just another self referential franchise just like all other big budget schlock. There has to be an evil pseudo-nazi empire that the good goys and trannies fight against and there has to be a big thing they have to blow up or do.

If George would have written the sequel trilogy then it would be fresh. Cucks like Mike "black my gf" Stoklasa would have a knee-jerk reaction and hate it but I think it would have been much better. George sort of rushed to tie up the OT though so it works very well as a saga now.

Even when it's laughing at a Disney company, cunthole?

bump

It wasn't this

ftfy

nothing wrong with fighting nazi-style fascists, classic villain, they want whats worse for everyone. i guess it's a little lazy.

t. reddipol

noice user.

t. reddipol

I don't care what you've just said enough to read it fully.

Totally worth bumping days later

Should we make our own version of TFA and the prequels guys?

We tried that over at /starwars/, it's harder than it seems.

I can understand at least regarding the prequels. I've had several ideas myself but I keep seeing the flaws in them. I've seen others try it and their versions are still flawed. It seems like we can never make the prequels perfect. I guess I'll give George Lucas one thing that doing a prequel is harder than it looks.

This is the best version I've seen.

Knowing Holla Forums It'd probably be

I've seen his take on the prequels its ok but I don't like how shallow Anakin's motivation for turning to the darkside is.

Will there be a big guy involved and CIA has to stop him?

I'd rather have

Slight tweek:
>remnants of the Empire holding up just fine under Thrawn

If you think that ugly ass kike's ideas are the best, you've got seriously shallow standards.

You are aware that the videos are about the prequels right?

The video series is well made and maintains Lucas's good ideas while keeping the themes he intended, poetry and all. Why don't you point out a couple of the terrible ideas, or better yet go ahead and post your absolutely unquestioningly superior version so we can compare.

*quoted the wrong posts my b fam

oh, i don't have a superior version. but the fact is, nobody can do star wars better than lucas himself.

Not enough interracial sex scenes, tbh.

Not much of a film trilogy plot, but a basic time line for new prequels:

That's the basic timeline for a new prequel trilogy. What the details of the plot is I don't know, but I imagine that Anakin falls in love with a Republic officer and that's where he gets Leia and Luke from. They place their kids into care with someone, but Obi-Wan absconds with them after his failed attempt to slay the darkside jedi. He explodes where they were hidden to make it seem like the kids were lost, and he gives one to the Organa's so that Leia will grow up and feel guilt over her father, and bring Alderaan's finances into the rebellion, and Luke to represent the perfect Jedi; of the people,by the people, for the people.

Now, as for the sequel trilogy:

This is a little less fleshed out, but it's what I've thought of.

Whaddya fink?

Pretty interesting especially with the prequel timeline. Though you say that the Sith come from outside the galxy as do the Vong. Will the Vong and Sith be related in this timeline or not? I do like how you incorporate a lot of old EU elements into this new series. Does Thrawn have a role in it?

I think not, the Vong want to harvest people and having most of them killed off in a civil war prior to their arrive wouldn't suit them. I haven't put to much thought into where the Sith come from but maybe a Sith from millennia ago who entered a force coma or stasis to survive being buried alive by Jedi during some old Sith/Jedi War and is unearthed by miners or was untombed after being mistaken for buried treasure by some explorers or something, and after he awakens he restarts the old conflict using the lost technology of Cloning (the reason why clones aren't used by anyone else and why a war would be named after them).

He would, but I don't really remember to much of the Thrawn trilogy so I didn't mention him in case I fucked something basic up. Image he'd be a major player in post-Imperial split factions, maybe even leading one of them. Maybe he'd be working with the High Minister to develop a new mk's of Imperial ships that are more capable than the previous generation, the removal of flaws/upgrading of weapons/steamlining power systems and etc, especially a new generation of fighters and bombs that don't fall apart at the sight of lasers, to combat the upcoming threat of the Vong more effectively as well as any Imperials that stand in the way of his eventual coup.

Sounds great user. For the Thrawn trilogy basically Thrawn returns to the Empire out of deep space. The new republic is set up and they have some infighting. Thrawn starts some small attacks which lead to a bigger attack and at the same time he gains the Emperor's old storage facility along with a clone Jedi master C'baoth guarding it. He also gets Salimiri to protect himself from force users since they cancel out the force. He launches an attack on Coruscant by releasing cloaked asteroids covering the planet while he escapes to reclaim the Republic worlds for the Empire with his new clones and katana fleet he acquired from a smuggler. In the midst of this Thrawn has assassins called Noghri who aide him but turn on him when Leia and Luke reveal themselves to be children of Darth Vader. Also Mara Jade is in this and reluctantly aides luke but wants to kill him since the Emperor told her to. She satisfies her urge by killing a clone of Luke in the final battle on the old Empire storage planet and Luke kill Master C'baoth. Also Thrawn gets killed by his own Noghri assasins. Sorry if thats a bit incoherent but thats roughly how the Thrawn Trilogy goes. Theres also a comic of it online if you want to read it. readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-The-Thrawn-Trilogy/Full-Part-1?id=76644

Actually, thinking more on that, maybe he's discovered by Jedi explorers.

The jedi order is in decline due to them no longer serving vital roles in the Republic. As the generations have gone by their services as negotiators has dwindled and their numbers shrunk. Whereas they left their monasteries in force to strike down the first sith as the sith invasions have slowed down they find themselves in a natural decline. What few there are fall into two categories; the young and the old. The old live lives of contemplation of the force, trying to figure out it's deeper meaning, where as the young are out in the galaxy trying to find their place in the force as well as keeping an eye out for the sith of old in case they make a comeback. The younger jedi would be eager and rash, and could easily mistake the scent of the darkside for just a abnormality in the force. Maybe a group of jedi could be the reason why the sith is unearthed, and could form part of his eventual army.

That reminds me, in the old canon Mon Mothma was accused of being the Emperor with a pair of tits by a guy named Garm Bel Iblis, both being important figures in the Rebellion, who then ran off to form his own rebellion. It always annoyed me they never did anything with that accusation, but I could see a bit of very interesting infighting from that alone.

As for integrating Thrawn into it he'd still be in the outer regions, either under control of the High Minister or just off by himself. If he's with the High Minister he'd be waging a war in the outrims against aliens and pirates for control of supplies to test new mk's of Imperial ships, or even just swatting out rogue Imperial Warlords. If he's just by himself then maybe he launches a war against the New Republic himself, seeking to establish his own powerbase which causes a disruption of the plans the High Minister has for the New Republic to be a large 'road bump' against the Vong, maybe Thrawns war against them will cause the remains to collapse too quickly and the High Minister won't have the time to organize the New Empire after his coup?

-Sjw/communist/anti-male/marysue/diversity propaganda
-writers and directors did not understand source material
-lazy ripped off story from original
-lazy fan service use of geriatric actors
-lazy reuse of the same Tie fighters and X wings
-Actors/Actresses are not likeable nore are they relate-able.
- Ugly actors/actresses. I think its a purposeful troll to pick the worst looking people to star in a movie just for them to scream "x -ism" at anyone who notices.

-jewish nonsense about "resistance" group despite being in charge.

Who wants to bet Supreme leader snowco (the hologram) is Darth Vader somehow…. ( pic related) because as we all know Darth Vader = $$$$$$$

I bet they believe that about themselves, that's why it doesn't seem completely illogical to them. The jews are totally rebels even though they practically run the west.

No, nonsense, they think they're always the victim not always the rebel.

Wouldn't that be more like modern liberals who see themselves as rebels despite being in charge?

Actually that makes more sense now that I think about it, it's propaganda for liberal goys in the end.

The Jew cries out in pain as he strikes you.

the thing i like about this 'leaked plot' is that the real thing will undoubtedly be dogshit when even compared to this

The next Starwars will inevitably be dogshit.

Unless there is a major shake up at disney or culturally (DOTR).

I sincerely hope Snoke (rhymes with Coke- coincidence?) is Vader so I can laugh.