Which one was worse?

Which one was worse?

The answer is: you are the worse, OP.

The meme that BVS is bad will end eventually. It's one of those films that in 20 years people will look back and say "WTF, why were those critics shitting on it?". The Thing was considered dogshit when it was released back in 1982 and now it's a cult film.

Of course the plot is flawed and it feels rushed, but it is an OBJECTIVE statement to say that BVS is a visual masterpiece. Even if you didn't like it, your eyes sure as hell did.

SS on the other hand is a soulless flick with few redeeming qualities. It killed the Joker, turning him into a cuck. The first live action Harley Quinn played by an Aussie whore who sucked and fucked her way to Hollywood, an "actress" that couldn't act if her life depended on it. And the worst part is that they forgot these people are VILLAINS. Not anti-heroes, but VILLAINS. Here Deadshot is basically just turned into a hero.

So, back to taking the bait: which one was worse? Easy, Suicide Squad. Terrible cast, terrible plot, terrible editing, terrible everything. Not even Affleck's cameo could save it.

Yeah you know one of the most important aspects of the movie?

You could see something in all that darkness?

Unlike Marvel, who repackages the same generic macguffin-plot into a new movie every year while stopping only to change the actors and dialogue to keep up with the newest tumblr obsessions and reddit memes, DC's films are actually attempting to be visually and tonally distinct in an effort to elevate the superhero genre from mediocre blockbuster garbage to artistic tales weaving themes of morality and sacrifice into monumental and dynamic epics on screen while also questioning the very essence of what society deems a 'hero'. The difference is honestly night and day; during a Marvel movie the viewer is more likely to gobble down popcorn while during a DC film the viewer will likely take out a pen and paper and start taking notes.

The Thing was a remake of a cult movie, that flew under most people's radars. The Thing wasn't popular until years later, because the people who like those kinds of movies hadn't heard of it yet. Hardly the same thing as a movie starring two of the biggest American cultural icons.

They're still capeshit, though. You know where they belong.

Eh that might have been true a hundred years ago but superman is hardly a cultural icon today.

I disagree. He's an icon, regardless of whether or not he's most people's favourite super hero. Abd then there's Batman who might be one of the most popular characters in all of fiction right now.

What you're saying doesn't dismiss my argument, in fact it strengthens it.
Since, as you say, we're talking about the two biggest American cultural icons people were expecting something already seen before, basically the usual superhero build-up ala The Avengers, with several characters introduced one at the time. It's easier to make a revolutionary horror film than a revolutionary superhero film, because the audience is different. People with two-digits IQ who watch films merely for entertainment purposes would find BVS too complex and intellectually challenging to be interesting to them. It's simple as that. People went in the theater with the wrong mindset and came out disappointed. They wanted The Avengers with DC characters but got a movie that challenged modern dogmas about superhero films, with a dark tone behind. It was simply too much for their brains.

Nah, I think you're full of shit, mate.

All dceu is inferior to the mcu.

Great fucking counter-argument.
Typical of ignorant people who got their asses handed to them to just call everything bullshit. You didn't like it because it was too much, because it was not the movie you wanted not because it was objectively bad. As usual, idiots gather together and shout as hard as they can and think that makes an argument. It doesn't.
You're fucking pathetic.

It was a bit shit though.

I didn't say it was flawless.

Both were better than anything Marvel has put out.

hello reddit

How do you write a villain differently then a hero?

It was ok. I did'nt love or hate it. I forgotten most of it by now.

I came with no expectations and found it meh.

Iron Man 1 was pretty good.

stop projecting reddit

Suicide squad was ok…they should have decreased the size of trouble to the city rather than to the world….it would have made the movie more realistic for a bunch of humans and super humans be togheter……
BvS was shit
MOOOOOOOM

The villain should have no doubt that he's in the right. The hero should have some reservations.

Nothing can save the horrible dialogue.

Suicide Squad, hands fucking down. BvS was good up until the shitty ending with muh martha. The main plot of Suicide Squad is just that of a bland, generic action flick, and the subplots are just pointless, distracting memebait that contribute literally nothing to the main plot.