Was the first iron man movie the last good capeshit/marvel movie...

was the first iron man movie the last good capeshit/marvel movie? most of it just came down to killing terrorists and traitors. if anything, it hardly feels like a modern marvel movie, considering their usual agenda

It was the last good Iron Man film and probably one of the best out of the MCU.

The Winter Soldier too. I rewatched both recently and while I think Iron Man is a better film overall, Bucky was a better villain. He posed a significant threat throughout the film whereas Obadiah did jackshit until Pepper realized he ordered the hit on Tony.

Both films had well directed, fun and entertaining action sequences.

it wasn't good

in comparison to later marvel movies, it was at the very least decent

heh

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH
I ONLY SAW IT ONCE AND IT WASN'T THAT GREAT
I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED IN IT

Because when it came out it was a breath of fresh air. Marvel flicks are repetitive. TWS had a cool spy-thriller vibe and a positive anti-big government message. And the action scenes were great.

I liked the newer Hulk movie and thought it was pretty underrated. Other than that I just watch Dark Knight or Spider-man 2 when I want a live action super hero fix.

and more recently I have discovered the greatness that was the 1960's Batman Show and lament over the fact that somewhere along the line the humor of a guy in a bat suit fighting a clown was completely lost.

Bucky was a pretty shit and bland villain too, he just looks better by comparison because Obadiah Stane sucked crap-stained gorilla ass.

Iron Man benefited from not being hamstrung by Marvel's shared universe cancer. You can easily watch it and pretend that the rest of the Marvel Universe doesn't exist, which you can't do with the rest of them.

There is no good capeshit. Not even possible.

watchmen was alright

Guardians of the Galaxy is the only good marvel movie.

Yeah no. It was the typical capeshit.

MOVE OVER FAGGOTS
BEST CAPESHIT INCOMING

Blade was god tier
Blade II was almost as good as Blade

Iron Man was good
Winter Soldier was good
Captain America was good
Iron Man 2 and 3 had memorable scenes.
I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy

Dude your confusing Civil War for Winter Soldier.

now thats a film I haven't heard of in a long time.

why does that poster look like Playstation 2 era CGI?

True but you can still sum up winter soldier as a guy who punches things really hard.

By that logic you could say that about most superhero movies. Look there's more to Wintersoldier than that. There's government conspiracies, freedom being destroyed in the name of security and flying aircraft carrier/gunships at the end.

The Winter Soldier was not even the bad guy in the movie! It was the Senator with his face scanning kill the dissidents weapons. That and Hydra were the real stories that got buried under the gay ass Winter Soldier bullshit. They should have either focused on the Winter Soldier the entire movie or the Senator/kill everyone who hurts my feelings machine/hydra infiltration plotline. The Winter Soldier feels like Marvel wanted him there for shared universe reasons.

It was still boring as fuck, partially because no one in the cast can act, let alone has the on-screen charisma of Downey, and partially because it's all one boring mess, seemingly written by some fujoshi cunt about her yaoi fantasies.

The Hydra plotline is even dumber than the Winter Soldier one. It's clear the writers wanted to smear their plebeian, shitty little message all over the plot before they figured out a good way to actually make it work.

Because it came out during the Playstation 2 era.

Are we going ignore the fact that the villain's evil plan is to publicly machine-gun millions of people all over the world at once?

i raise you this
spiderman 1 and 2 were fun

does tom jane punisher count as capeshit? i mean, he wears a coat instead of a cape, but does interact with other capeshit folks.

Can't deny that the first two spiderman movies were pretty okay.

Punisher was pretty good capeshit too.
Punisher Warzone was more campy, but it also had it's moments.