What is Jerusalem worth?

What is Jerusalem worth?

How is it that some blacksmith is an excellent swordsman and an excellent field marshal? This movie had some cool scenes, but it's kind of stupid.

Alot of great men started out as nothing, and most great Generals started out as peasants or commoners.

I'd believe it that a commoner would make a better General than a Noble, just because most Nobles are pants on head retarded.

Yeah, but most talented swordsmen were the sons of noblemen who were trained daily as teenagers how to handle a sword. Our main character is just a blacksmith who gets thrust into a Crusade and turns out to be a very good swordsman. His swordsmanship is not believable. I agree that leadership can come naturally, but knowing how to defend a castle during a siege doesn't seem like something an untrained person would know anything about.

He's fought in war before, as a siege engineer granted but it's likely he was taught the basics there. Besides, from France to Italy and then to Jerusalem would've given him a lot of time to practice, but they likely skipped over it for pacing and convenience.

He wasn't. In his first battle he got his entire troop slaughtered. In his second one his most advanced tactic was basic siege warfare knowledge coupled with rallying militiamen to fight, and even then all he did was throw them into a hole in the wall.

Doing what he did wasn't all that of an accomplishment.

$3.50

plus tax

Because it's a shit flick that wanted to portray the main character as a nobody so the audience could relate to him better. IRL Balian of Ibelin was not a bastard blacksmith from France, but a nobleman who lived in Jerusalem his entire life.

Although I hate this film, I absolutely loved Salahddin and the actor who portrayed him. They made him a respectable foe, whereas IRL Salahddin was a fierce conqueror who spared no one.

You suck dicks. Guy was the best part of this shitshow.

all will be settled

Nothing ya dum theist

drumpf

This is a pretty dull assumption. Peasants were equally if not more pants on head retarded.

There's a reason why he was always well regarded in the west and completely forgotten in the muslim world until very recently. Salahdin actually was chivalrous and noble for a nobleman.

You mean "for a mudslime".

He was an actual nobleman Assyrian (or a Kurd mountain nigger) instead of a sandperson savage with the trappings of power.

The muslims had some cool armor

Only film that manages to rival the scope and majesty of Troy.

Because it's ahistorical. Normies can't follow a movie where there's isn't a pawn to king protagonist.

He had already taken the crusade before as a siege-engineer.

Fuck off Turkroach.

It really is too bothersome to establish the main character as something without an elaborate origin story, isn't it?

ask the white house

I thought they did that and painting the Christians as evil but the Muslims as good because this came out during the Bush years in post 9/11 world.

blacksmith was the single most valued profession after mason. nobody was "just a blacksmith" it took fucking years of study and apprenticeship. blacksmiths were fucking geniuses compared to every other profession on earth at the time

The whole movie is bullshit as far as historical accuracy, but even so while a blacksmith would have a higher civil standing than portrayed, that wouldn't automatically give him any martial prowess. That shit was dumb and Ridley Scott should be kicked in the dick for it.

It was really cool how they dealt with the siege towers.

Would have liked to see something similar in mount and blade or total war games

Because Ridley Scott wanted to make himself (and his values) the star of this film. The original script was written closer to the actual events.

you have some snippets of it? also hate how the islamist are dindu nuffin in this but it has nice atmosphere mainly the part in europe and nice fights (they just dont make them like that anymore)

For a movie about the crusades the story is the most bland, anemic and inoffensive turd I've ever watched. It tries so hard to whitewas everyone (other than the white man) it ends up being so goddamn boring.

Literally the last good film ridley scott directed

a meme and a half

You need to die, God Wills It.