Is this scene kino?

Is this scene kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westworld_(TV_series)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only three episodes in and we already have:

How long until Ed Harris gets castrated on camera and Anthony Hopkins gets put in his place by a strong android who don't need no man?

Seriously though, Western civilization is killing itself.

Is this kino?

The intro is pure kino

Relevant to OP starts at 1:51

I wonder if that was made primarily with 3D modelling software or if any of it was done with real props. Looks like the vast majority is just CGI, not to say they didn't do a good job.

>The BARTENDER isn't armed
>SHITTY WESTERNIZED VERSION OF PAINT IT BLACK PLAYS DURING THE ENTIRETY OF SAID SCENE

Holy shit, is this what normies think is good TV? I'm so happy I don't watch that shit anymore.

They're robots in a theme park, you goof. The entire event was scripted and meant to appear retarded to us, the viewer, the writer of the scenario is portrayed as a moron.

I'd tell you to eat shit, but it looks like you already seem to do that happily. Go watch any of the 100s of competently made westerns that this piece of crap terribly emulates. Don't bother replying, I'm hiding this thread.

Lol, this scene literally is bad on purpose and ends in a joke. But whatever floats your boat, mate.

That triggered me hard.
THAT'S NOT HOW GUNS FUCKING WORK

This show really looks like ass.

THEY'RE NOT REAL GUNS!!!

IT'S A THEME PARK, LIKE DISNEY LAND!

Ironic that you should use that picture, since Ian did a video showing how badly they fucked up the LeMat used in this travesty. Did you see how the last repeater shot had a delay to reaching it's target, fucking lag irl?

You'd almost think they were making a point about all of the out of place minority and strong womyn characters you get shoehorned into historical fiction these days.

I'm pretty sure that a kid with long hair.

They actually are, Anthony Hopkins character, the creator of the park, admits he like anachronistic shit like having a robot quote Gertrude Stein.

The show isn't meant to accurately portray the old west or anything at all. It's meant to be a commentary on escapism, writing, video games, human nature, and artificial intelligence.

OP chose a horrible clip to show out of context and he left out the pay off at the end whee the scene is ruined by a guest who shoots the spic bandit through the neck in the middle of his speech.

You see, the problem is that the pay off is actually more realistic than the whole retarded scene that preceeded it. Dude just realize that you rationalizing shitty media, are you that much of a child that any bright moving picture that grabs your attention is worthy of praise? I bet you get off watching commercials, retard.

At this point I'm starting to think you had a hand in its production considering how hard you're trying to defend this trash. Even hateful eight was more realistic, and it was overtly stylized without relying on context to cover how uninspired it is.

I'm pretty sure the kid picked up a different gun.

That's the point, you fucking retard. Just watch the first episode, if you're shitposting on Holla Forums then you've got the time.

I have no problem with you hating this show or thinking it's shit, but you're criticizing it from a position of ignorance and that's super clear from reading your posts.

Isn't that the point? The writer keeps trying to create these dramatic scenarios, only for the guests to ruin it by being human.

If they can't get even the basics of westerns right then this show doesn't deserve my attention. If knowing that something being done wrong on purpose is supposed to be the joke, then why didn't they just take it to eleven and make it ultraviolent or write the scene extra cheesy to clue in the viewer on its supposed awfulness?

No, the violence was played straight, the scene was played straight and the joke is that someone else played it straight even though they had no obvious reason to believe that he shouldn't? Am I supposed to laugh now? Would it make you feel better? Take this cuckywood shit elsewhere fags.

You clearly are ignorant of the basic premise of the show. I'm encoding a webm of the rest of the scene, which may help clear things up.

They've done both of those.

No watch before that. They made a continuity error.

Fair enough.

Now I know for a fact that you fags are shilling for this piece of shit. If you notice at this point I'm the only one talking about this outside of yourselves, or the odd user agreeing with me.

The show is bad and you should feel bad for shilling it, especially here in autist central. Tell them to fire you and just put on reruns of actual westerns.

You're so retarded it hurts.

gr8b8m8. It was fun sparring with you.

Enjoy your shit, just remember to keep the smell down by shutting the fuck up about it.

You fell over without me even touching you, pathetic.

It's not a Western, you fucking mong.

Here's the rest of the scene, which may help pacify the sperg who can't be bothered to read two paragraphs on the show's wikipedia.

10 Gallon Hats? Check
Horses? Check
Period Weapons? Check
Period Constructions? Check
Period Outfits? Check
Writing? Nope
Attention to Period Limitations? Nope
Charm? Nope

I guess you're right, this ain't a western. Westerns are actually good. As evidenced by the payoff is just as bad as it was described, especially since they never break their supposed character calling for a photographer instead of a screengrab or other such verbiage to let us know he's an inhabitant of a virtual world.

Also, another thing to note is that this scenario was written on short notice as an excuse to kill a bunch of hosts (robots) so they could run diagnostics on them.

…what the fuck are you talking about?

absolutely retarded

Jesus Christ, can't tell if you're trolling.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westworld_(TV_series)

You wanna convince me the retard is a park attendant or something? Have him pull out his phone for a selfie or have him give the phone to the bitch next to him.

Cool shit, thanks cuckywood.

Holy shit, you are the dumbest mother fucker on the planet. You're the asshole who gets thrown into a focus group and ruins an entire movie because you're too dense to understand the concept of a fictional premise.

Hey stupid, don't you see how others here are tearing this thing to shreds with me? We know what the show's about, what we really want these days are stylish historically accurate westerns a la spaghetti, and not this psuedointellectual navel gazing bullshit with the only fun parts devoid of it due to the lack of attention and style that made those same spaghetti westerns a genre unto its own.

You have to wake up, dude.

You're upset there's not more indication as to who is real, and who is a robot? But you didn't watch the rest of the episode, where all of this is established?
this is some quality b8 m8, really. You've got me replying and everything

It's not a Western holy fuck. It could've been Romanworld or Medievalworld or ayylmaoworld instead of Westworld. Jesus Christ you are so autistic for real.

Unrealistic shooting.

That's what (((they))) want you to think. It's your own faults, goyim; your society simply isn't fit to survive.

So you're telling me we didn't let the Jews in? That our ancestors didn't kill their own brothers to protect the kikes? Take some responsibility for your actions and the actions of your parents.

I'll play this game.

Yes, this show is that shit. What the fuck else are we supposed to do midnight on a friday, nerd? Seriously though, this show is that bad when these many questions can be asked about 5 minutes of footage.

You're right, its a terrible facsimile. Don't believe me? Just look above!

Literally every one of your questions in answered in the episode.

To maintain the immersion of the park for the guests.
No.
He's a robot that is programmed.
Answered your own question, retard.
Fuck off.
Literally answered by the spic in the first webm.
Literally answered in the first webm. The Sheriff was out in the hills hunting for the bandits and got ambushed then killed. The negro was the only deputy still in town.
THEY'RE SCRIPTED ROBOTS, IMAGINE A TOWN IN SKYRIM AND A QUEST CHAIN!
Immersion. Also that point is directly addressed in the episode

Just watch the show, you fucking faggot.

It's Saturday
Well, sunday now
Depending on your timezone

Damn that's good. Anyone got that on it's own?

Don't you think its sad that your answer for most of these is HURR ROBUTZ PARK!As for the backstory, the shitty music was literally so loud I couldn't make it out and the shit presentation didn't allow me to care.

stu4am.jpeg

bait/8

Either watch the episode or shut up, cuck.

Nah. I legitimately want that track on its own.

The part that really, honestly fucks my shit up is that the "scene director" guy looks bummed out the guest guy kills the bandit. Isn't it like, HIS FUCKING JOB to make sure the park attendants are immersed and feel heroic within that park? What kind of faggot feels dissatisfied with mission accomplishment like that?

I enjoyed that detail. Reminds me of pretentous game developers getting mad at people for playing their games wrong.

Exactly. It made me think of a hack writer who believes he just wrote some top shelf shit and then the audience totally ignores it. Those little details are what make this show really enjoyable.

Faggots like you, apparently.

Isn't he an insufferable faggot to most people in the show and Hopkin's character chews him out on obsessing with over the top "narratives" and "cinematic experiences"

Was it rape?

why the fuck did they make a westworld remake tv show anyways

I smell future template threads.

If it's a simulation shouldn't it be realistic?

.37 - .40 fucking kills me

cartridge ejected, then he cycles the lever

this happens in a span of three seconds he DID NOT CHANGE WEAPONS…

fucking die hollywood

You would think that with all of their effort to maintain immersion in the park they would have gotten this right.

sauce?

The fuck is up with that awful cover of paint it black

D R O P P E D

Yo.