What are some good post-2000s anime...

What are some good post-2000s anime? I've always been drawn more to stuff from the 80s and 90s(mostly because I prefer the way it looks), but that well has sort of started to run dry, so I'm looking to try some more modern stuff. What would you recommend, /tv? I'm open to pretty much anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

sgcafe.com/2016/10/full-metal-panic-iv-tv-anime-really-happening-2017/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2000s:

Last exile
Full metal panic!
Samurai Champloo
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
Texhnolyze
Ergo Proxy
Gurren Laggan
Claymore
Azumanga Daioh
FMA brotherhood
FLCL
Baccano
Paranoia agent

Haruhi Suzumyia is more or less a classic now and probably the greatest troll in anime.

Katanagatari was great.

Anime was never good tbqh.

Haruhi's a cunt.

Ask the anime board.

If the media is controlled by the Jews, doesn't that mean this entire board is just dedicated to kike shit?

Black Lagoon isn't well animated, but it has good writing. On par with 80s/90s anime. You'll also notice the homages to HK and Yankee action movies.

Though if you're a white nationalist, you'll probably become heavily triggered by episodes 4-6.

Oh and Welcome to the NHK is excellent too, definitely worth watching

Planetes

I'm looking through the years and I'm just picking ones I remember watching and liking. First off don't watch the last exile sequel. It's complete dog shit.

I'm not gonna go into too much detail since there's too many for that.I'll exclude the studios Gainax/Ghibli and mamoru hosoda/ satoshi kon's work since I expect they're watched already by anyone who ever got into anime.(You should watch that shit dawg). I'm not gonna always specify them having multiple seasons so look that up yourself.

Hajime no ippo: A boxing anime. The first season was perfect but the next two seasons(New Challenger and Rising) were kind of meh.I'd suggest reading the manga and picking up where the first season ends. OVAs/films are a must watch though.

Love Hina: One of the few comedic harems I genuinely enjoyed. Don't bother reading the manga even if the development at the end of the anime was all kinds of retarded.

Niea 7: Alien loli living in some jap household

Full Metal Panic: Decent mecha acton with a tsundere heroine and a stoic military boy. Fumoffu is worth a watch as well with it being more focused on comedy than the more serious elements of the first season. The second raid can be skipped.

Gungrave: The only videogame adaption that's amazing. Follows some emotionless cunt and his best friend as they rise through the ranks of the mafia.

Planetes:Follows a crew as they go out into space collecting debris. Basically space garbagemen.

Kaleido Star. An aspiring star in a circus. Just watch the first season. Skip the second one.

Gankutsuou:Count of Monte Cristo IN SPACE. Has a weird visual design going on with kaleido patterns.

School Rumble:Comedy about a bunch of highschoolers. I don't really know how to describe it but it gave me plenty of laughs.

Yakitate Japan:A young bread artisan who wants to made a bread that represents Japan. Filled with hilarious reactions and some nifty cooking.

Monster:Psycho kid and a doctor who saved his life follows said kid on a long and arduous journey trying to figure him out and what he is.

Samurai Champloo: Hip hop samurai following a stoic serious swords man and and unconventional one hired by a girl on a search for her father.

Mushishi:Main character is just there while most of the episodes revolve around various diseases,characters and strange creatues called mushi.

Basilisk:Two clans of ninjas fight each other with bizarre abilities and physiques

Black Lagoon:Japanese salaryman gets tied up in some crazy business and decides to stay with a group of mercenaries going on various missions.

Gintama:Hilarious gag anime about a trio who come together after a series of events who do odd jobs. Set in a Japan invaded and conquered by aliens instead of westerners. It's starts off really weak but gets much better the further you get into the series. Don't be daunted by the episode length. It's worth watching in its entirety.

Sword of the Stranger:Movie about a wandering samurai and a kid as he's hunted down by chink warriors. Fantastic animated fights.

Baccano:1920s america following a non linear story aboard a train seen through various passengers' perspectives. Blood and mayhem ensues. There's more to the story after the anime with light novels if you want to read like a nerd.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei:A suicidal teacher comes to a classroom that's filled with cliched characters to the max and also regularly subverts cliched situations.

Banner of the stars: Space drama romance. They didn't adapt all the novels so there's plenty of shit left hanging in the air but still recommend watching the anime

Metropolis: A re imagining of sorts of the old film. Some smuck falls in love with a robot modeled after a scientist's daughter. I don't remember much but the visuals were pure eye candy.

Haibane Rei: if you're into depressing shit. Angels and reincarnation and all that jazz.

Gundam Seed: I know people will groan at the art style but fuck it I liked it enough. Don't bother with Gundam Seed Destiny. It'll leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Saikaino: Weaponized loli and a pedo with their struggles against the world.

Azumanga Daioh: You won't bust a gut but it always consistently made me chuckle. Cute story about a loli genius in highschool and her classmates and teachers.

Melancholy of Suzumiya no Haruhi: An esper, a time traveler, and some computer program follow around some reality bending girl and her normie companion. Don't watch the second season but do watch the films.

Eureka Seven:Mecha on surfboards that surf green winds. Boy meets foreign girl and robot and coralians shit happens. Don't watch eureka seven AO.

Full Metal Alchemist:People will roll their eyes at the last arc but fuck it I loved it more than Brotherhood. The atmosphere and general plot up to a certain point(scar doing his thing to that city) enthralled me. It's a world where alchemy was further developed and follows two brothers who want to return their bodies to normal after committing a grave sin. You can watch brotherhood if you want something more upbeat and faithful to the manga.

Wolf's Rain:A pack of wolves masquerading as humans travel a dying world in search of paradise.

Beck:Some kid meets a band and starts his journey of becoming a musician. Pretty hilarious singing but that's not really that important. Don't read the manga to continue the series. Best to keep it to the anime

Code Geass:Your standard mecha with a british empire ruling the world. British prince gains a pwoer to control people and that sets him off on a rebellion against the british empire. It's fucking ridiculous and mainly why everyone loves it.

Death note:Genius gets a noteback that'll kill anyone whose name is written. Decides to change the world by announcing himself and how he'll set society straight with the notebook A cat and mouse with another genius trying to capture this serial murderer. Really dips in quality when nero and mellow are introduced.

Shiguirui:A really gory samurai show about two individuals under a mad man's tutelage with revenge mixed in.

Seirei no Moribito:Sexy spear woman protecting a small boy from assassins and other dangers. Some SS might be involved.

One Outs:A gambler pitcher tries his hands at the the major leagues. More focused on being cunning,psyching out the batter and not really focused on herculean feats.

Texhnolyze:Humans with augmentations.Super depressing story that'll make you want to kill yourself.

Tentai Senshi Sunred: A power ranger who's become a lazy freeloader, a organization of villains bent on world domination but act like normal everyday upstanding citizens despite their monstrous appearances. The hero is a far more violent person and menace to society than the evil organization.

Golgo 13: An assassin who does superhuman feats taking down his targets.

Omae Umasou da na: Cute film about a t-rexx raised by herbivores who later raises another herbivore as well. Has a some kickass battle scenes too.

Tatami Galaxy:A bizarre series where each episode is the same day where the character picks a different campus club. Features the same cast of characters and strangley despite them all taking on the same day you can sort of see events transpire from previous episodes.

Shiki:A vampire(kind of) is set out to take over a town. Taking villagers and transforming them into slaves of sorts. One doctor sets out to save the village. You might be rooting for the humans but by the end you'll be torn up about the whole affair.

RAINBOW: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin:Pretty depressing stuff about a few kids in juvies and they're inhumane treatment.

Eve no Jikan:A world where robots identical to humans in appearance except for one and showing no emotion. However a cafe exists where both machine and human mingle and interact. The machines are able to show off emotion and the group have no clue which ones are machine and which are human.

Kaiji:You'll get used to the artstyle. A down on his luck smuck has to gamble his way to freedom encountering betrayal and disappointment. Games of death and deception a plenty.

HxH:A kid goes off to become a Hunter, a person who explores the world for treasure, adventure , creatures or anything. It's fun but it gets much better once nen abilities are introduced.

Yuru Yuri:Eeeeeh if you're into moeshit then I'd recommend it. It's a gaggle of middle school girls with some homosex undertones. It's fairly funny and cute.

Tiger and Bunny:Capeshit has been commercialized and a veteran struggles to keep up with his other younger superhero cohorts. You can skip the first movie.

Steins Gate:Dr Pepper,mad scientist and time travel

Break Blade:Beautifully animated mecha OVA series. Don't know if the tv series is any different.

Redline:7 YEARS HANDDRAWN. Ballin galaxy racing around a planet. Kind of slow in the first half but then it's just crazy non-stop action for the entirety of the second half of the film.

jormungand:/k/ anime about a kid and his posse going on a rampage competing in a arms market

Tsuritama:Spaghetti spilling out, fishing and aliens

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys:It's hard to describe the comedy in the series. Just take my word for it that it's hilarious. The funniest anime I saw in the last decade

Thermae Romae:A roman from ancient rome sees the wonders of modern bathing through time travel

Kill La Kill:Girl with a sentient school uniform that transforms into lingerie to fight an oppressive student council.

Samurai Flamenco:Set in the real world an actor wants to become a real superhero and does vigilante work with varying degrees of success.
Inspires others to follow his example.

Yowamushi Pedal:A otaku joins the bike club and through his sheer autismal need to go to akihabara has incredible stamina and speed. This is put to use in a interhigh competition to see which school is the fastest and has the highest endurance.

Majestic Prince:Standard mecha vs alien fare. CGI mecha but really well done action scenes unlike the vast majority of anime that utilizes CGI in fights. Has the gundam seed artstyle so it might be a turnoff for ya.

Hataraku Maou-sama!:A ruthless demon king and his arch rival knight come to our world from a magic one. They both live normal lives, the demon king working at a fast food chain and the other in…I don't remember. The demon king had gone through a change of heart when he meets the knight once again. She doesn't buy it and keeps a close watch over him. Characters from the magic world start appearing in our world and more chaos ensues.

Uchouten Kazoku: Daily going ons of a family of tanuki as they deal with a woman who could at them up.

Yuyushiki:More cute moeshit with crazy amounts of homosex subtext. Again you won't like this if you hate moeshit.

suisei no gargantia:After a long war in space with aliens a mecha pilot finds himself traveling back to earth where societies live on giant sea faring ships. Pirates abound and the mystery behind the current state of earth and its past is unraveled before the pilot.

Senyuu: A so called hero(one of hundreds ordained by the king) goes off to slay a demon king. He meets a cloud clone who gives him nothing with trouble. Plays around with a lot of RPG cliches.

Parasyte:An alien organism melds with the protag's hand and they have to do battle with other aliens that have taken over other humans.

Ping Pong the animation: It's ping pong

Haikyuu: A shorty dreams of being a top volleyball player with his jumping ability and gets paired up with a elitist hardass.

Jojo's bizarre adventure:It's cheesy and corny as fuck. Has vampires and stands that are an extension of your psyche given physical form sort of. The plot and protagonists spanning near a hundred years. Part 1 you'll either hate it or like it. If you hate it then please continue for Part 2. This will make you fall in love with the series and features the best protagonist in the JoJo series. Part 3 I preferred the OVA cause a lot of the shit in the manga of part I didn't give a fuck about.

Space Dandy:A trio of space farers try to make a buck capturing rare species of aliens. A bunch of weird shit where they supposedly die and a bunch of seemingly unconnected episodes all culminate in a fantastic finale.

Magi Labyrinth:Dungeons have appeared all over the world and whoever conquers them will receive magical tools and riches. Political drama and race wars everywhere.

One punch Man:An overpowered hero who just wants a challenge but unfortunately always ends a fight in one hit. They manage to keep this shtick funny. An ensemble of heroes and monsters take up the screen time more than Saitama.

Prison School: A ecchi series about a group of boys who enter a all girls schools. Due to some events they get imprisoned and punished by the student council.
Really rare to see an ecchi series manage to get you rock hard and laugh.

Mob Psycho 100:A kid with extroidanary psycho ability has to suppress his emotions or risk going haywire and killing everyone. Does exorcisms as a sidejob under the tutelage of his great master. Done by the same author as one punch man and even funnier. The simple designs makes it easier for them to animate and it features the best animated fights this year.

Also look up the anime from the Young Animator Training Project
I enjoyed a chunk of them.

There's plenty of other good or acclaimed series but I never watched them or didn't think they lived up to the hype so this list isn't exhaustive of all the good anime from the 00s

Fun fact: the current and last anime seasons alone will have aired more anime than what he listed, and that's only counting shows with 30 min episodes.

Thanks for the lists, user.

What is the name of this girl? I'd pay to see her
BLACKED

Excel Saga

God, such an awful thread. Did BLACKEDposting attract weeb cucks from all over the chan?

No, weebs came from /a/, BLACKEDposter came from /freech/. Outcasts and rejects from all over the chan come to Holla Forums because the BO doesn't give a fuck and this board has no moderation, you can even openly post vidya and comic shit and no one cares.

You just listed the most bland normie shit possible.

Congrats, you're a faggot.

Don't fall for it OP, all the characters in that anime are shit.

The number of anime that has "normie" recognition in America is less than the number of new shows airing this season. It's a drop in the ocean. And they aren't made for Americans anyway.

You are not an authority on the matter. You are just an user with an opinion.

japanese bums are the majority of anime watchers, they're the normie.

Most anime today is not for mainstream audiences.

Anime is mainstream as fuck. If you're a hipster who just want something inaccessible for the normies, go watch bunuel kino or some shit.

Anime means many things and not all of it is equally popular and watched by the same people. The fact that Ghibli is popular does not mean Strike Witches is too.

Some anime is main stream, other anime is still niche as fuck. Eva and Gurren Lagan are good examples of super popular normie shit. To be hero and Bubuki Buranki are unknowns airing this season

Is there an anime that's as well animated and just has intense fights like with Sword of the Stranger? I really liked it.

If it's accessible, it's mainstream already.

sgcafe.com/2016/10/full-metal-panic-iv-tv-anime-really-happening-2017/

Full Metal Panic season 4 is coming out next year. Maybe you should watch the second raid on the off chance the final season is good.

Only Kyon was tolerable, the rest:

Maybe Ninja Scroll and Trust and Betrayal. I haven't seen them but I have the vague idea they might be like that.

Yeah, who isn't watching Flip Flappers or Stella no Mahou? Completely mainstream.

Why would the final season be any good when the manga went to complete and utter shit?

What's so bad about the manga and light novels? I sort of forgot the series since it took too long to update.

Never met a normalfag who could actually tell me what the show was about. It's like claiming to read Infinite Jest, they read a summary online like tvtropes & pretend they like it.

It's a window into the mind of a man going through a mental breakdown, with giant robots and religious imagery.

An autistic Japanese, emo brat saves the world, but can’t talk to girls. Oh wait, that's every anime. Name drop pretentious theology bullshit about "angels" that makes no sense whatsoever. Add a bitch that fucks a talking penguin. There.

kuroko no basket makes me laugh pretty hard

That's one way of looking at it, I suppose.

The BO said Anime and Cartoons are fine.

Then what was it about.

The Tatami Galaxy.

And he was wrong.

Sage is used by COWARDS

alright, keep it in here weebs and we wont have a problem

you jump the fence and its jellied gasoline time, be advised

Don't encourage /freech/

Anime is allowed on the board and is part of tv and movies anyway. And simply watching anime doesn't make anyone a weeb.

Watching anime and liking it makes you a weeb.

Weeb = weeaboo = wapanese = wannabe Japanese.

The definition have changed a little throughout the years.

The definition has not changed, people just don't know what the word means.

They're often lumped together, but weeaboo and wapanese aren't the same. Weebs are just autistic faggots obsessed to anime.

keep talkin jap lover, just keep away from that fence

no you arent gettin a ciggarette, be glad yer gettin rations

Weeaboo was once used as a word filter for wapanese on 4chan. They are synonymous. Being obsessed with anime does not make someone a weeaboo.

So you have no counter-arguments to what I said?

Maybe he thinks that if he roleplays hard enough he won't need a counter-argument.

Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan is a bretty gud comedy.
Psychic kid hampered by his overwhelming power can't find any enjoyment in life.

Nah, that's like saying cuck is the same as kek. They're almost interchangeable, but the meaning isn't entirely the same.

Again, weeaboo was a word filter for wapanese. It then replaced wapanese and assumed its meaning. They are the same thing.

kek is synonymous with lol.

One punch man is better than all the garbage mentioned by these hipster queerinos

No faggot, cuck was wordfiltered to kek a while ago on that place.

So? kek still means lol.

That's the point. Wordfilter is just a meme. There's no oxford dictionary definition of wapanese and weeb, no need to make up your own shit. Weeb means someone who obsesses over anime, anime is called weebshit, it's a widely accepted definition you weebcuck.

Weeb means weeaboo which means wapanese which means wannabe Japanese. Anime cannot be wannabe Japanese, it already is Japanese.

I can not even imagine what it was like for people watching that shit go down in real time.

If you recommended any of these trash heaps you should blow your fucking brains out.

She's not that attractive to me, maybe a 7 at most. Could've been higher if she didn't cut her hair and if it wasn't brown. I'd rather hatefuck Asuka tbh

It's not about attraction. It's about putting that cunt in her place.

But since there's fucking involved wouldn't it require at least some attraction? Tell me more about hatefucking.

Is this your way of recommending these?

weeb: subject
weebshit: object

Not if you take the right pills or use a broomstick.

Can someone tell me why weebs sometimes type their animes in Nipponese? Is there no other translation for it?

It's more authentic. That's why english dubs f*cking suck.

My nigga

So by this classic axiom that you faggots have then nobody should watch alien. Nobody should play super mario world either it's just normie entry level faggot shit.

Weeb means weeaboo which means wapanese which means wannabe Japanese.

Sometimes there isn't a translation or the translation is not considered good or necessary. Nothing in the Monogatari series is ever referred to by translated names for example.

People who wait for localized releases and/or only use official streams are probably less familiar and comfortable with original names than pirates.

mild streak of the auts there buddy, you couldve at least banzai'ed

To this day I don't understand that preference. The anime drifted so far away from thr source and even went for drama in ways that made its own drama seem inappropriate and forced. If you want a harem ecchi comedy read the manga. If you want j drama that makes the ecchi feel out of place, watch the anime. Too bad the only scans are shitty and outdated unless you don't mind Tokyopop scans.

Breddy gud. Waiting for a bluray release if we ever get one.

Managed to outgay Wing. I begrudgingly like the worldbuilding.

Why is it that two of the most popular mechas of the 2000s had the gayest looking characters?

The asshurt was so real that it has its own unironic true-to-life ED page. Haruhi was so big that it's hard to believe it in retrospect but the endless 8 was so terrible it virtually removed haruhiposting from imageboards.

I'm more surprised that something like Haruhi could have ever been popular in the West. If it came out today people would shit diarrhea all over it and declare it the cancer killing anime.

I've enjoyed Black Lagoon and Hataraku Maou-sama! I look forward to working through the rest of this list.

Paranoia Agent + FLCL are actually good though. Both are short and sweet.