I don't understand this "TDKR ending was bad" meme

I don't understand this "TDKR ending was bad" meme

Should he have stayed miserable or dead? What would have made the ending so much better?

I liked the ending myself. It's better than something needlessly dark, which is what I expected.

Catwoman came in at the last second and just shot Bane dead. Talia died in a lame car accident. Those were low energy, anticlimactic deaths.

Killing the final bosses should be awesome and satisfying. Like this.

The ending was shit. Bruce's entire mantra is autistic dedication to crimefighting. The comics and tv shows have covered it over the last several decades and Bruce's relationship with his proteges has historically gone to shit because of it. Dick hates him, Barbara got dicked and Tim got captured by the Joker.

Frankly I thought it was genius that catwoman killed bane with the mounted bike guns instead of some long drawn out unsatisfying fisticuffs between batman and bane.

Talia having no real skill to speak of didn't make sense seeing as she's the daughter of ra's and part of the league of shadows plus having the willpower to get out of the pit was shit though.

To add to this. Bane was handled terribly and Talia should have never occured. The nuke is fine, but the cafe scene was fedora-tier at best. It should have been left ambiguous or had Bruce just wash up on shore ready to catch Selena in Paris rather than have lunch with her.

Ras was handled much better than Bane and his ending was much more memorable. Bane got gibbed by Selena offscreen and Talia was given the reign until she failed to buckle up and died.

Did you even watch the movie?
Here's the ending.

The whole trilogy was shit. Tim Burton's Batman movies were superior.

not his fault you're too stupid to notice the subtext

It's a trilogy, not an endless series of comic books, that's not gonna work.

You buckle up in case of a crash. Getting plastered by 20mm makes the odds of crashing your car significantly higher.

Old FLAME alright.

I wonder how he would have handled Two-Face?

Is Afleck's Batman the same Batman as Bale's?

samefag

This was pretty retarded when I watched it again last year. It's even sillier than the adam west batman tv show.

It's like the Punisher deciding to just… stop. Time and again it has been shown that Bruce Wayne doesn't exist, it's a mask at best, the real persona in control is Batman. He can no more give up than he can voluntarily stop breathing.

It's the same batshit logic that keeps him from killing people. Batman can't have his happy ending because he is just as insane as the Joker is.

I actually think they should have kept Bane out. In the comics he's a thug and enforcer, not a criminal mastermind. Talia too, or at least moved her to a secondary romance character because she's too similar to Ra's.

With Joker and Ra's gone they should have been more careful in their selection of villains, instead of picking those two. And Catwoman was simply godawful, she looked like an anorexic child with nigger lips, there was no chemistry between her and Bruce, further stretching the believability of the ending.

Bane, in the comics, was the only villain to guess Bruce Wayne's identity.

Everything after the crash is part of the blooper reel. Bravo C. Nolan tries to tell us it's theatricality and deception by adding all those ridiculous things and contrasting them with the Plane Scene.

BRAVO NOLAN!

The Joker knows as well, but isn't telling anyone because it would ruin the fun.

He guessed that Bruce Wayne is Bruce Wayne?

do you mean jason?

You had a point with Furiosa Road, you don't have shit to stand on with this one.
Give up, autist, find something else to obsess over.

But he did die. Alfred was just hallucinating when he saw Bruce. Did you even watch the movie?

How exactly?

Bane is a genius, has photographic memory, and is a skilled tactician. Venom fucks up his mind, though.

Not the only one. Hugo Strange, Al Ghoul, Riddler, Deathstroke, and Man-Bat figured it out too at one point or another.

This is true, but they were also bad.

Tim got caught by Joker in the Beyond storyline. Instead of being killed, Joker tried turning him into Joker jr. It worked until Tim pushed Joker towards his death. Tim quit crimefighting after that.

Jason was captured, but killed by the Joker. I'm not a fan of him joining the Bat Family post-resurrection as it just badly bloats it again.

I doubt it was ever actually planned as a trilogy, Warner wanted more and could only get Nolan to do three

I'll give you that it isn't overtly rubbing feminist messages in your face. That doesn't alter the fact that the movie was scripted in order to put the focus on the two female characters while leaving Dredd as a side character in his own damn movie. What other movie does that remind one of? Oh, that's right, Furiosa Road. The only difference is that Furiosa Road rubs its shit in your face.

Dredd is still a feminist movie, or at least far far more feminist than it would have been 10 to 20 years ago. You just go on supporting cultural rot though.

How the hell did she even get the bike up the stairs and into the building with out Bane noticing? Does it have stealthmode?

Batman had already beaten Bane earlier, could have just had him die then, pulling that thing off, etc.

The worst part was how they took Bane, who the entire movie had been portrayed as a fanatic, and then had him betray his ideals out of a personal vendetta against Batman. So he decides to execute him, instead of letting him live to see Gotham destroyed.

And then a girl shoots him from offscreen with a magic stealth bike. Brave, Nolan.

TDK will never be a classic because all the action scenes are fucking garbage

Nolan cant film action to save his life

On Rises he tried to pan out like great action directors like Jackie Chan do, and we all know how that ended up

No one cared about the action. It was all about the Joker. The exploding hospital scene was a masterpiece though

oh you're talking about that, that was actually a continuation of the end of btas, when it turned into "the new adventures of batman and robin", good shit and excellent way to conclude it in beyond.

I think you are being slightly autistic here. There is a load battle going on outside which means noise. Batman and Baine are focused on each other with intense concentration. It would be pretty easy to ignore or miss the noise.

Les Baines?

It was quiet as fuck inside the building. He really couldn't hear the bike getting into the building?

That whole scene was retarded as fuck.

Holy shit, I forgot how retarded Batman sounded.

Is it any wonder he now always has that electronically disguised voice?

Bruce trained for 10 years before becoming Batman and that Hothead had ZERO training and becomes Batman? Bullshit.

The movie is shit anyway. Needed a good 20 minutes exised from it, and Catwoman was completely superfluous

Not really, Affleck's batman uses an actual voice changer device built into the suit instead of growlign all the time

No prison rape scene of Bruce getting cornholed.

Look at that face. Does it look like someone meeting a terrible end? No, she died high on her own shit. That's just her death. That isn't addressing that she is basically a stronk womyn who unrealistically took over a ruthless gang of men. That isn't addressing the fact that feminists call her a feminist character and the movie feminist. No, no, that all doesn't apply, because you so badly want to like a mediocre action movie that catered to feminists.

But user, whether she smiled or not doesn't take away that she was killed be a man who was the law. To him, she was an ordinary criminal, her feelings didn't mean shit to his carrying out the law to remove her from society. He was also the one to give the empath a pass, not the woman who talked to him about it afterwards, who, btw, asked him as to whether the empath made it or not.

Either way, Mad Max is the pinnacle of what you're accusing Dredd of.

Thats not canon

user, he's a fictional character. His feelings or duty have absolutely fucking nothing to do with what is being talked about. The movie was scripted and shot by REAL PEOPLE who put their real fucking politics into the movie.

And if it was like you say he would have just shot her, instead of giving her a big send off that feminists fucking praised.