Gurren Lagann

Finally watched this after hearing about it for all these years.
I don't get the hype.
The battle scenes were cool and I liked forehead boy's character, and of course the last few episodes were amazing, but I don't see why it's so widely praised.
What am I missing?

Fuck off.
>>>/a/
>>>/inth/
>>>/kys/

Sorry. Didn't realize I was interrupting "/GoT/ general/" and "Trumpcucks on suicide watch" by talking about a show that was on television.

Why japan like Jailbait so much?

Because its a parody of giant robot animes.

And at the same time kicks all other giant robot anime's asses.

It's fucking awesome. You are probably trying to take it too seriously.

I dropped it a few episodes after that guy died, I even forgot his name. There are many better shonen anime out there, I'll just watch 150 episodes of H x H instead. Gurren Lagann was just boring to me

Have you finished the series? I thought it was shit and dropped it after 4 episodes. But then I picked it up back again and it slowly got better and better and it hypes itself up more and more.

yeah this board is for twitter posts about politics only!

I loved the show until the time skip around episode 16. Everything after that just left a bad taste in my mouth.

It still had it's moments but yeah it really went down the toilet. Lacked that high octane energy of the first half even if the fights got grander. Took itself more seriously too.

do you think they fuck niggers?

Baby's first super robot series. Same reason Halo is loved

Halo is slow as fuck though
Gurren Lagann is loved because it's high energy and cuhrazy

his implication is that its babby's first sci-fi grimdark

Well he's wrong because Gurren Lagann is about style and gar and basically has nothing to do with grimdark halo shite

It probably is the gateway to super robots tbh. Other Gainax shows might count as a super robot gateway like gunbsuter or NGE(is that real or super?) Not that it makes it bad or anything.

It helped introduce getter robo armageddon and the getter robo series as a whole to me.

Why didn't Nia jut use spiral power to live into old age?

It's for kids, it's boring and shit.

YOU'RE BORING AND SHIT

it's babby's first mecha animu

That's not Mobile Suit Gundam.

TTGL is way more popular than gundam.