Westworld General

I know this is based on a film, I personally have not seen the film.

Why is she so perfect?

Other urls found in this thread:

stream2watch.cc/live-television/united-states/hbo-live-stream
goodreads.com/book/show/22080.Westworld
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've seen the film. It has overlap, but the film was just meant to be a simple thriller, this went for a more philosophical approach.

And stop obsessing about women, you dip. They're never perfect.

Nigger I know that women are really just hollow on the inside.

But she is a perfect physical specimen.

And would you recommend the film, or do you think that it'll spoil the show for me?

Nah, it won't spoil the show. It's just a fun little (predictable) 70's thriller, if you like that stuff. I'm pretty sure it gave the writers of terminator and robocop some ideas, but the series is taking a whole other approach.

End your life.

>Implying

You're on the wrong board.

Back to /a/ or wherever you shits hang out.

Bump

So she somehow became human now? Because the gun that only works on robots didn't work on her.

No, because she wasn't shot by a human she was shot by one of the "hosts", and she wasn't really shot either, she remembered having been shot in the same scenario previously.

Episode 3 - huge letdown. Barely any story advancement, just more of the same "oh no the update damage seems to have propagated beyond its intent" shit, more of the annoying dyke being annoying, etc. A fucked up suicide scene is the highlight of episode 3. Bleh.

Nigger, you can't be serious.

Army dude and his cannibals, Dolores ignores a piece of her core code, and we were introduced to the Arnold plot.

I really liked this episode, they do a good job of building suspense and characters, they don't just push the plot along like a train, they take time to explore the personalities of the people, and fully fleshing them out.

get fucked

It might be better to watch the film first. The show seems to be intentionally subverting certain things the movie did. You'll miss out on that if you haven't seen it.

TOP WAIFU

level 2 waifu.

(level 3 is that prostitute with the blue corset)

Are there any CURRENT YEAR politics going on in the show?

There's a couple of niggers in the show, only one main character who is a nigger.

Other than that, not really that I can think of, no.

Why are all the visitors content with fucking 2/10 robo-prostitutes for 40k a day when they can do anything? Why do they all have such shit taste?

And main nigger has issues that don't actually involve him being a nigger in [CURRENT YEAR].

I was thinking this, too. But i guess they have to keep things vanilla for the mostly normie audience.

Because they're normalfaggots user, they will never do anything that wouldn't occur to a normalfag, so fucking a fake robot prostitute is probably the most out there thing that they could ever imagine doing.

Not really. There are a couple of black robots performing roles in the park, that don't seem historically accurate, but you could almost read that as a commentary on people demanding to see blacks in roles that make no sense these days.

Reminder all pedophiles deserve the death penalty.

The bitchy white female executive who keeps forgetting what accent she has is fucking the black tech guy. Most don't seem bothered by it because they're both old, he seems generally likable, and no one wants to fuck her old gash so it's no loss.

I still kind of rolled my eyes at it.

Actually user, it's just you who are a faggot.
If it wasn't such an obvious troll, but then again, that just makes you a slightly less severe of a faggot.

Dropped.

>Implying any woman is more than fuckmeat.

Fuckmeat or not, tattoos are fucking disgusting.

Whinge all you like beta, your taste is shit, her chest is flat, you are an utter failure as a man.

M8, you're the faggot, you're the failure.

Just euthanize your existence already you pozed faggot.

Stop arguing with yourself, samefag.

the tattoo is so you can't go down on her without knowing who was there before you.

I crown you King Faggot, most beta of all the Cuttlefish.

She does mostly women now anyway

When was that implied?

Implied…?

Watch the film first. This strays quite a bit from it. The Ed Harris stuff in the first episode is better if you have watched the film.

Overall, I'm enjoying the show. I do feel that the first episode should have been a straight guests enjoying themselves introduction, with the next episode going full on with the staff and hosts.

Lel

Waifu bump

i'd rather coalburn the black whore than the lesbian

they could have at least showed her peeing from the waste down, give us a curve shot or something

jesus christ, are you the same cucklet who thinks that everytime a girl gets a tattoo it means she fucked a guy? i know Holla Forums is full of retards but this is still amazing to me.

Is this show going to become the next GOT?

I want Dolores to be my robot waifu.

Robofu

I only did it to prove a point.

ERW was in that shitfest of a movie? can't say i really remember it so i guess it makes sense that i didn't recognize her lol.

New episode in 6 minutes:

S01E04: Dissonance Theory

Preview embedded.

WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS?

So I just looked at reddit and they found the source on "These violent delights have violent ends." It's Romeo and Juliet. So maybe it was just more Shakespeare that Abernathy was quoting and Dolores just associates it with the breakdown.

Anyone else here watch this live?

No, I can't I'm afraid, I would if I could though.

>So I just looked at reddit
Why you gots to be doin' this to me user?

Found this on cuckchan
stream2watch.cc/live-television/united-states/hbo-live-stream

the film was garbage

so i wont be bothering with it

Small subs dedicated to particular subjects can be pretty good. The WW subreddit is good for episode discussion.

Yeah, can confirm; I watched the film because of the faggot(s) in this thread told me to so, regretted it immediately.

All the film and show have in common are the name and basic premise.

Figure I should post it here. Why hasn't anybody mentioned how fucking great the soundtrack is?

Because it's generic as fuck outside of the cringeworthy old-timey covers of pop music.

go post in your cuck threads if you dont like something

The show overall is not that interesting. It's a bunch of corporate plotting for no real reason, clearly the robots will gain sentience at some point, once they do the robots will then want revenge while others will want to forgive because "peace man". The whole show feels like its trying to build up to something that is never really defined and the build up seems like it won't be worth it.

God damned, just watched episode 4, now I have to wait another week.

How can someone so ugly be so QT?

(((Genetics)))

good looking eyes can save a face

she's got that "you can beat me and i'll still swallow" look to her.

maybe that's why we don't mind seeing her?

t. Australian

Person 1 and Person 2, two big, strong men, go into a Westworld bar.

Person 1 feels like starting a harmless Old West saloon bar fight, so says to Person 2, "What the hell are you drinking in here for? You look like a yellow-bellied sissy!"

Person 2 responds to the insult and sees the host trying to start a harmless saloon bar fight, so eagerly rises to the challenge by punching him as hard as he can in the head, causing severe brain damage because

NEITHER OF THEM ARE HOSTS.

Somebody didn't think this theme park through very well.

get triggered, faggot

10K a day bro
When asshole friend said 20K a day around the fire at night they were together so that means 20K for the both of em which means admittance for one to West world would be 10K per day

(unless they're there under some kind of package deal or, like the asshole friend said his family has a partial stake in the park potentially giving a discount for him and his friend)

Here's something right up your alley you disgusting cockslobberer.

They're monitored Tard two guest try that shit hosts will step in and get in their way,

Person 1 and Person 2, two big, strong men, go into a Westworld bar.

Person 1 feels like starting a harmless Old West saloon bar fight, so says to Person 2, "What the hell are you drinking in here for? You look like a yellow-bellied sissy!"

MEANWHILE

Control room operator: "I have two guests about to fight what do i do"

Control room supervisor: "Retask blonde whore and blue corset whore to distract them and key up the gamblers to start shooting if that doesn't work and if they want to keep going after that send in the sheriff ad give them a night in lockup" (two guests with hector Escotan were locked up by sheriff for a night in ep 4);

BACK IN THE SALOON

Two whores approach the guests with a bottle of whiskey and offer to blow them

If this fails to stop them then

Gamblers draw guns and start shooting guests

If after killing gamblers the guests insist on fighting Sherrif shows up subdues them and locks em up for a night.

is that actually a tranny?

No, it's Evan Rachel Wood doing a car commercial.

Sonny, I don't think you know what you're doing.

where are hte tittys?

Son, you are a faggot. Face it, that skinny little homo looks just like your waifu. That's what you like. That's what you're into. That's what you are.

I'm sorry lad, but the only faggot here is you, you monkey-brained nigger.

Your words betray you and prove me right, fag.

No, I referred to your nigger tier preferences.

Nice troll faggot, I had already written that before I read the remainder of your post. You're still a niggerfaggot though.

I don't know what to tell you Bubba, but unlike in your perma-virgin fantasies a woman doesn't need fucking cow-tits to be considered attractive,

What is a lie?

all this faggotry aside lads, i've come up with a theory regarding this show.

the show is a direct sequel to the first film. the man in black is peter, survivor of the first film. his quest is to find out how and why the robots glitched out/became aware (the film implies it being more of a glitch than consciousness and the show is doing the opposite, but it's still ambiguous since the gunslinger specifically targeted peter).

there are two important things to note here: first, there was an older version of the park that's now a cold storage area for defunct hosts, and there was an incident at the park roughly 30 years ago. now, the film was made in 1972/3, which would put it at about 43/44 years. however, the film was not set in 73, but rather the near future, presumably 1980s at the earliest, which between then and now is about 30-36 years. now, taking into the time between westworld and futureworld (while the show is hardly related to either movie, it most certainly borrows material from both), which was roughly 2 years for the park to be shut down and re-opened, my guess is that the first film took place somewhere around 1984/5 and the park re-opened about 1986/7, thus making it 30 years.

i'm sure that being a survivor of a huge incident, and probably to keep his mouth shut, delos paid peter a fat sum of money, to which peter then invested in some sort of healthcare business/foundation (going by what mib did in the show), which in turn made him boatloads of cash to visit the park consistently for the last 3 decades. however, the event still resonates within him, the shit clearly fucked him up. also, the show is doing a lot of the black = evil, white = good color things, so it's safe to say that the robots going apeshit turned peter sour and that's why he doesn't waste his time fucking around with them.

just my .02

This HBO show is the most boring thing ever. Another piece of jjabrams shit. Did I mention it's the most boring thing ever

That lesbo cutie, though.

I agree 100% its just another lame western with some robots, woopdedo.

I watched the first 3 to give it a shot, its painful to watch, a show for retards.

new episode tonight, lads.

let's take bets on the following:

- will ted die?
- will tits be shown?
- will ed harris' true identity be revealed?
- will this reddit theory of double timelines be put to rest for good?
- will anthony hopkins and black science man continue to spout philosophical trash that is surprisingly entertaining to hear from both of them?
- will that bitch finally find a usable accent for her character?
- will the lesbian worker do more pantsless squatting so i can fap to her?

Go home you fucking plebs.*

They have hovercrafts in the first film, it's not supposed to be set in the near future, it's supposed to be set in the somewhat distant future.

Well it still stands with the guy being old as shit.

Also, wiki says near future, so i was going off of that.

Yeah, I don't see how any person could have thought that they'd be having hovercraft in the near future during the 70's.

And I don't think that it's supposed to be the guy from the film, and if this is in the continuation of the film it has to retcon futureworld.

reread the post, it acts as a direct continuation of the first film, not both.

No, because the Futureworld scenario happened soon after the Wesworld film, only about a year or so after.

daily reminder

?

2 years minimum negro

Will there be more "oh look I'm acting, dad!"-scenes from the prostitute with camel-face that isn't pretty in the slightest but her character is portrayed as this goddess?

I'm not really a fan of reading too much into tv-shows/movies because it comes of as really pretentious. Like the whore having memories from before, and build up with many scenes that you can direct at your will and have it end up with either/or. Like she had a bullet in her chest but no wound, wow, really makes you think!

It's weird though, the last episode made me more sympathetic towards Ed's character , and Anthony's character less.

Did Manson fug her for real in this music video?

It is kind of ironic that the sex workers are the ugliest girls in the show.

what did they symbolize with this?

Going to stop watching this show. I thought I liked it, but seeing it was on today, and realizing that I didn't have a modicum of excitement was the final straw. Perhaps I'll just read the book.

Don't use that feminist terminology. Call them hookers.

There is no book.

but all women have that look

i mean… don't they?

trips confirm, i guess.

There is, but I do not know how much the show departs from it.

goodreads.com/book/show/22080.Westworld

don't take it as anything else tbh, it's just the script in novel format with some pictures.

wew

Ah ok. I'd misheard that it was from a book earlier, and now I see it was from an earlier film. In any case, I'm done with the show.

if you don't mind me asking, what is it that nullifies your interest?

The pacing is fucked and the characters are annoying

It's the office scenes that bother me. The English writer who overacts each scene, the weird interplay between the executives, and the diagnostic scenes with Bernard and Dolores.

Also on a minor note, I find it hard to care for the Thandie Newton whore character.

well, that english cunt hasn't been in the last two episodes, something tells me he won't be around for long if at all.

the interplay i can get, it's odd to see them at each other's throats during the day and lovers at night.

the diagnostics is a bit pretentious but i have a feeling it will come through soon.

also, are we even supposed to care for the whores? i feel like her becoming aware was just an accident almost, like they were writing and went "oh shit, guys what if?" and decided to go from there.

Always liked Nolan's writing ever since Memento even if he sold out to hollyjewd. Generally the pacing of this show is lackluster imho, but I do like high-concept sci-fi dramas such as this so it's kept me entertained. The eye candy protagonist is a plus and even though she's not the strongest actor I do find myself empathizing with her condition.
There have been multiple occasions however where I was just taken aback at how shitty the writing was, specifically when they're aiming for witty dialogue and just go so low-brow it makes you want to jeer. Also, even if I hadn't known which episodes Nolan created, I'd sense how shitty the co-creator is at handling subplot developments through the useless character arcs of the nigger scientist. I really didn't see the point in injecting the bullshit feels appeal with his dead son except to humanize his character to set him up for his eventual death or for the most obvious simulation twist at the end. Other than that though, the cinematography is great from my limited perspective and the plot developments though formulaic do keep you in wonder.
That said, I understand completely why others have been turned off of it as plot-holes are already emerging and the high-concept status acts as a sort of gimmick.

Does anyone have a direct stream for the show though? Still one hour until it premiers here and don't want to have to wait until 2 a.m. for it to pop up on alluc.ee.

Show started promising but fucked up pacing, pretentious characters, and general disarray turned me off. Plus any scene with that dyke from 'behavioural' dept. is annoying.

Christopher wrote that movie. Jonah Nolan wrote the story it was based on but aside from the basic concept the two are dissimilar.

Christopher's the good writer

All I see is a McPoyle brother.

Really?

All I see is David Letterman's intern.

I wonder if David fucked him.

all i see is steed from abe lincoln vampire hunter, and the mcpoyle brother.

Matthew is the best brother though.

they should have cast him as the joker tbh

How do it feel to be on tier with a /r9k/ faggot now?

It's fine, I've been that my entire life.
How does it feel like knowing that /r9k/ is right about everything, and still having to live your life pretending that it isn't?

If /r9k/ was right about everything than why did pantsu backtrack on banning reddipol from using his board and stop talking about Marxism and the class struggle?

He cucked himself to Chad Reddipol once again. All he had to do was stick by his guns and ban anyone mentioning reddipol ideas, memes, or topics. Instead one or two retards spammed the board with their "infographics" until he gave up and let them stay.

I have no fucking clue what you're talking about, I'm just speaking about women here m88.

>reddipol
Stay triggered, CTR.

BBC-joke, really?
Then a frigging "I am so powerful and clever woman I can do what I want!"-scene.

She really is the low point of the show. Reeks of someone's self insert.

How the fuck are they going to stretch this show out for 5 seasons, it's moving at lightning speed.

…Lesbians have a higher rate of domestic violence that heterosexuals, but gay men have a far, far lower rate.

Either way, homos aren't getting off light simply for realizing gay pride parades are retarded and make them look ridiculous. You're still worthless, degenerate hedonists obsessed with sticking your dick in a hole that doesn't lubricate.

If anybody here is gay it's you, bud.

probably use the other parks

westworld, medieval world (i would love to see them go full retard with this), roman world, spa world and futureworld

It's been confirmed that Westworld is the only park at the company, and that the other parks in the movie won't be in the show. Nolan did suggest they might explore other parks in later seasons, but where is there to go plot-wise after the robots rebel and either win or lose?

they won't have 5 seasons devoted solely to westworld, that's where the other parks will come in. it's obvious that this quest to the maze will be solved in this first season, and ed harris will probably get killed by dolores.

by who? delos is a present factor in the show, just by that small scene in the pilot. they probably have the other parks, but as separate locations as opposed to how the movie had them all right next to each other.

the showrunners in interviews

oh

well, i still stand with what i said, i can't imagine them seriously sticking to just the one park after all this shit gets resolved.

I know you are, but what am I?

I also said in that post that Nolan said they would do other parks. The only thing they specified is that the ones from the movie (Roman and Medieval World) won't be in the show, and there are no other parks at the time of season 1. Building new parks may be part of S2's plot.

ah, okay.

well shit, i'd still love to see them do those, can't imagine what they would do over it, unless it's like egypt or greece world, nobody wants to go to india or england world. maybe a colonial america world?

africa world

fixed

Orient World
Meso-America World
Renaissance Italy World
Pirates of the Caribbean World
1950s USA World
Arabian Nights World
Viking World

orient
pirates
viking

those would be the most likely, i think. nobody cares about meso-america, i don't think they would skip over roman world and then still do italy, arabian would be meh, and i feel like 1950s usa would only work if there weren't cars.

I was just trying to think of settings where you could go apeshit and kill people. Half that list is settings from Assassin's Creed.

what about moscow world?

dark ages world
100 years war world
carolingian world
mongol world aka finland world

I thought of that but then I though how many people will pay to squat around dumpster fires drinking shitty vodka?

well, i figured it would be more of moscow in the time of the czars, not the 1920s and onward.

All that falls under medieval except mongols. Most people don't distinguish between those periods and subtleties would be lost on them. Mongol world though - that would be pretty great except for the part where it takes a lifetime to master horse archery.

counting 4chan, at least 1,500 or so

homing arrows. if you have synths it isnt beyond belief that you could have what amounts to a miniature missile that looks like an arrow.

This is clearly conditioning.
Show fucking dropped.

Both the men in your greentext are androids. They are designed that way by the company. The only thing that's pozzed is the theme park.

>you'll never date a naturally blonde loli in her prime around the age of 6-8

HBO aren't expecting it to last for more than one

Funny thing is that in the beginning I thought that was Ellen Page. ugh

OK guys, level with an actual robot here: is this guy supposed to be handsome? Is this what folks think is good looking nowadays? Are they actually pushing that image?

compared to his onscreen asshole compatriot, he looks like a trainwreck

No, he is supposed to be the slightly awkward quirky dude, who will no doubt break free from his terrible awkwardness during the events of the show and become what is seen as a real man. You know the drill.

Although he's less awkward and weird here than his usual characters are.

End of the last episode he started manning up a bit.

Also, holy shit, those big androids were beating the living fuck out of his shitty buddy.

Didn't every /r9k/ board die out?

Yeah, that was weird. The show is getting rather flexible with the "guests are safe" rule. Maybe it's because these guys were going deeper into the world, because otherwise I can't imagine anyone wanting to visit a place where you can still get the living shit beaten out of you for talking to the wrong people.

See, that's the script I've come to expect from actors with this kind of look, but here he's neither awkward nor quirky, just very reserved. He struck me as a very honorable man from the beginning, so I never thought that he had (much) bucking up to do. If this was half a century ago, I could see the character being played by a young Jimmy Stewart.

Wrong connotation of robot.

Aren't the guests thoroughly screened before entering so that the park knows all their desires and limits? Motherfucker looked like he was enjoying it.

Yeah, that might be why the guy was explaining about how going deeper into the world can get riskier. Plus, the hosts felt he really screwed them over, so weren't amused.

Did he? I'll have to check it again, to me he looked unamused about the beating.

iirc he didn't look so hot during the beating, but after he caught his breath he was very pleased

The hosts are capable of freezing perfectly in place. I don't think it's out of the realm of probability that they can pull their punches while making them look real.

Both true. And I'm sure we'll see the asshole pop up all assblasted because the guy he shits on didn't come to help him.

When his ass was getting beat, he reminded me of those tards who shout TOOK FOUR OF YOU TO KILL ME

actually, logan smiled a bit after seeing william refuse to help him.

more than likely this means one of two things: 1, logan will assume william has become more of a man now, and probably be less of a douche to him. 2, logan will become a villain and william, or dolores, will kill him to save the other.

They make sure the guests can receive the right amount of pain and danger, to add to the experience. Would be really boring if hosts didn't do anything in retaliation.

I have a feeling they are going to go down the Ex Machina route with him. He is playing the good guy beta type who mans up. We can assume he might run away with Dolores and have a robowaifu forever. I think that may just be a bait to throw us off and she will go full independent womyn robot who don't need no man and kill him.

When Will gets shot he gets a red mark on his chest, so you can get hurt in Westworld, you can get the shit beat out of you, but you can't die.

yeah, that was mentioned in some interview. the "simmunition" or whatever that hosts shoot guests with.

I'm guessing that even in the roughest areas/hardest difficulty setting, you probably can't get seriously hurt by the hosts. no broken limbs or anything, just some bruises. or a sherriff host can throw you in jail overnight for being part of a bank robbery quest, but they're not going to actually hang you. (I wonder if they'd fake it, but then a friendly NPC host shoots the rope before the executioner pulls the lever that he's never actually going to pull)

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WOMAN'S PROBLEM???

There you go.

This show makes Prometheus's script look like a masterpiece, even without David 8.

Now if they had tried doing a memory wipe and altered her to be less paranoid, or just fried her brain, it would have made more sense.

Wasn't it already established that she dislikes the security guard and made numerous jokes about his gun?

She is written to have a problem.

Stupid doesn't mean 0, pardner.

Talk about self congratulatory faggotry.

This was my problem. I can't even remember why they're going along with it. She is blackmailing them? They're too beta to resist?

Its too convenient. Especially with this episode where they could have easily stopped it right there and dumbed her down.

Read the fucking thread you inbred cuckold.

I'll fuck you.

ayy lads i think part of my theory is right, this show is definitely a semi-sequel to the movie, see pic related.

also, given the dialogue between anthony hopkins and ed harris, who specifically mentions the hosts used to be more robotic, he's definitely someone from the old days who was there when shit hit the fan. now, they say that arnold killed himself in the park, but i think he purposely sabotaged the robots to let them kill people, but either purposely let himself be killed by them, or hopkins killed him out of anger, or he was killed by accident.

I get the sense that any direct references to the movie are just easter eggs for the fans.

that was my initial thought on it, but given that he's down below in the older iteration of the park (the fucking delos globe could be seen in the pilot when they take the two down to cold storage), it's more clear than before.

Well, it would be cool. They do seem pretty well prepared for things to go bad. Armed guards on hand, and instant decommissioning of any robot who acts up a little too much. Suggests that things may have happened before.

yeah, it seems to point to arnold having survived his death and is fucking around with the park, and has enabled the help of several high-positioned delos employees as well.
i think that the lesbian and black dude wanted to keep it on a low profile and to themselves, so they weren't sure who to trust.
2spooky, but this was an obvious setup for drama zingers.
now these two are the legitimate points you've got here. her dumb ass should have instantly started downloading and transferring shit as opposed to wasting time with the phone call. and yeah, calling out "hey, arnold?" was a dumb idea.

iirc they were already in an un-logged edit session, no? besides that, the guy fucking around with the older models would have probably shot her shit back to whatever he needed to eventually.

Ugly black women is on the board. The park answers to the Chinese. Is this show set 50 years in the future? The 1st gen robots look they could be possible 20-30 years from now. The desktop the black guy used in the basement is something we anons would use, not their magical cell phones and tablets.

This is Ex Machina all over again. Never make AIs that you'd like to fuck. You're creating a goddamn woman but with a permanent memory.

Those 2 idiots annoyed me to no end. As anons said, instead of turning her off, they actually went along because she what, threatened to expose what exactly? Her entire character is just tacked on and a time filler.

Ed Harris and his agenda are the only interesting thing about this show; Anthony Hopkins' scenes are alright because he is fantastic actor, but his arc is stagnating. The robot existential crisis theme of this show is on par with Will Smith's I, Robot level retardedness + lesbians lusting after big black cocks + empowered womyn shitting on everyone. I mean let's see:

-Dolores learning to kill and becoming empowered
-Brothel whore learning to kill and overlord 2 typical Holla Forums posters
-Theresa is chairman who bosses everyone
-One of board members is black woman just because
-Career driven lesbian hacker who wants unlimited access to company bar

its a tricky one. On one hand, the two techies plot line is fucking dumb for a bunch of reasons, but on the other the film was similarly stupid. The entire premise of the hosts attacking guest only worked because of the lack of oversight of the park staff, which would never happen in reality.

That being said, the film makes it work in a kind of campy sci-fi way and the film is only 85 minutes or so. The TV show is 10 one hour long episodes, so needs much more build and nuance for the hosts to turn. These two idiots in the clean up section don't think an AI threatening them with physical violence is a good enough reason to stop? What's worse, being some guys who went against company protocol for a little bit or being the guys responsible for unleashing mass murdering robots?

Also, I couldn't help get a bit angry at the way a stronk black womyn manipulates a white beta and the Asian man smiles at it.

Sounds a lot like today's companies, user.

I don't remember him smiling, he actually seemed pretty freaked out. Those two were completely pathetic though, I hope we don't see too much more of them. They could have just decreased her intelligence and paranoia instead of maxing them out.

I want an episode where they show off the technology a bit more. Kid opening his face up in the recent ep was pretty cool.

Did no else notice The Gunslinger in the background of one of the scenes?

No you're the only one who caught that impossible reference.

We're going to see more of them. These two are going to be responsible for fucking everything up. At this point, they should totally fess up and shut it down. They are playing with forces they have no idea about.

google says at least five popular gossip mag sites pointed it out two days ago, way to be late to the party bud

Scroll up.

it was posted in this thread you dingus.

l2read

I give this episode a "B". For Boring.
Why is he explaining everything to the machine? It's like he's telling Hillary and her bodyguard where all her bodies are hidden, and just after this conversation, you'll tell everyone :^) .

I hate this pseudo-science bullshit in AI-shows.

What the shit. Some basement with old equipment and flickering light just because? A sealed off floor or what the hell?
Even worse, the "AI" on the machine responded to human voice, and answered in text, how dumb.

uump

Well now we know where Ford stands on Delos' attempts to reign him in

Every single female robot is turning into muh stronk womyn, and I'm losing interest in this so fucking fast.

You had interest in this?

All of the robots have super strength by virtue of being robots. The 'female' robots are just shaped and programmed to look that way.

The asian dude's face is on the wall in Ford's office along with some others. He's probably a host. Since we know Bernard is a host now and he was trying to make Dolores escape, we already have a case where Ford is using an employee host to help free another host.

godamn i hate that le ebin "theory." at least two of the greatest minds to ever live were kissless virgins.

they are merely outliers

so much fucking salt in here.
i thought then newest episode was pretty good. seems like the pacing is finally picking up a bit.
i think he will replace Theresa with a host to gain more power over the park now that Bernard is fired

BRAVO NOLAN
R
A
V
O

N
O
L
A
N

Goddamn, it's gotten to the point where the only interesting plot threads are Ed Harris' and Anthony Hopkins' (which is Dr. Lecter-lite, in any case).

i think he'll use host theresa (though it looks like he was rebuilding his family in that chamber) to keep bernard around, or otherwise directly hire him.

also, i like the idea of host employees, a nice callback to futureworld. just as i predicted in

I know of Newton, but who's #2?

Tesla maybe.

he had pidgeons fetish

The rest of them may as well be artificial at this point. In a way, I am completely okay with this - it comes down to a story about two old men on their journey through the desert and what they hope to find. Bravo Nolan, indeed.

I'm alright with this, also. Helps that they're the best parts of the show.

West world takes place in two, possibly three, different timelines.

don't mind me, just posting the best waifu

William is Ed Harris.

That would salvage a lot, tbh.

Explain

I find it more likely that William's entire arc is a set-up for the writers of the show to have someone "save" Westworld from being shut down by the corp in the finale. He'll do it by still marrying the director's daughter to save Delores.

Yeah, that's possible and I wouldn't mind it at all.

Am I crazy for seeing Ed Harris/MiB as the host at the end of the opening credits?

I still am not sure if this ties to the original Westworld or not.

It's a retconned continuity. There was an older, more mechanical version of the robots, and figures like the gunslinger. Shit happened 35 years ago that resulted in Arnold's death and almost closed the park, but ed harris saved it with money. The big theory right now is that bernard is a copy of arnold, and ford made him after arnold may have an heroed, or was killed by ford. It's also believed that the scenes between bernard and dolores are actually arnold and dolores, and in a separate timeline. William is believed to be a younger ed harris, and his character development is certainly pointing to it.