Does this count as cinema?

Does this count as cinema?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eihG1TD1KMI
youtube.com/watch?v=Yy44s_de15Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, it's a failed hybrid of cinema and video games. Also it stars a little boy when everyone knows that current year protagonists are supposed to all be girls.

BTFO of goodfellas and godfather tbqh

According to Holla Forums, yes.

According to everyone else, no.

Pure kino

couldn't this be said about every tell tale game?

Ellen Page is old news she looks too feminine next to the new big female stars.

Is this proof videogames have surpassed films as a visual and storytelling medium?

It's one of the best comedies ever made.

LA Noire does a pretty good job of being a playable noir movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=eihG1TD1KMI

youtube.com/watch?v=Yy44s_de15Y

True

Better than any bond flick

That is a tranny. Hips are below the navel.

maybe if you're 12

UH YOU'RE 12

you forgot you have to be 12 and like Holla Forums a lot. Only those type of people enjoy the stupid ass shit that is MGS's story.

whoa sounds like Holla Forums has good taste

"No ur a kid"
"No ur a kid"
"No ur a kid AND Holla Forums!"

Fucking hell it really is /tb/ at this point

I think all the exposure on the news about Holla Forums just brought in a influx of redditors which Holla Forums hasn't recovered from since.

If it were a tranny they would tell us, they wouldn't keep it secret. They never keep anything secret.

im just gonna say it, mafia III isnt half bad storywise, the writing is decent and refreshing after the complete garbage story of gtav

Im not too far in but the whole sequence right up to being betrayed is competent and better than a lot of crime movies, it can basically be summarised with

you can tell the exact moment when clay signs everyones death warrant for being an obtuse thickheaded nig

the animation goes from decent to uncanny valley but its acceptable, its definitely worth a spin if you are into this kind of game.

So far CIA is probably the best character in this, just a lovable psychopath that hates the feebs and commies lmao, worth playing for him alone.

they need to make a prequel with CIA and Clay doing really evil things in laos under operation phoenix, that could be the darkest buddy comedy ever

it sure doesnt count as vidya

So far, it's alright, but I fucking hate how they can't write racists with any kind of depth. It's all "Wow, I sure do hate those niggers, huh? Look at what a huge piece of shit I am." There's no sliding scale to it either. You're either totally 1488 full Nazi hate every black person and thus a massive piece of shit, or you're 100% race blind and don't give a single shit. No in between.

It's a very hamfisted and clumsy way to try to make some point about racism. It just feels forced.

I want to keep playing because of the sometimes-good writing but God damn the game is terrible otherwise. I seriously might end up just watching the cutscenes on Youtube, something I've never done before, just because of how shit the game is.

It feels like it was made by a bunch of people fresh out of College, there's no attention to detail at all. Say what you want about GTAV, but that game had finesse.

That's because it is forced. That's the nature of propaganda.

I don't think you belong here kiddo.

Its a chose your own adventure movie, so its a movie. Just like how chose your own adventure books are books.

What I don't get however, is why have it running on a game engine with real time graphics and thus it requires a game system to play? Why not have it pre-rendered, live action or something and thus can be released as a DVD/Blu-Ray chose your own adventure movie? I guess the fact that it's a "video game" gives it a marketing edge or something?

No

Featuring CIA

yeah the dixie gang is pretty ridiculous ill give you that, talk about hamfisted

its gets a little better with the micks, they are more veiled racist, burke will routinely call you an unenlightened darkie and the like

At least clay isnt some stereotype black power nig , he doesnt get triggered and go all zulu on a maf

the dialogue is still refreshing, they are able to get away with shit that even GTA wouldnt be able to say because of the little warning they give at the start, lets just say its worth listening to the guards, haw haw

its not the best game and it starting to drag on already, it coulda almost been less open worldey imo, theres too much busywork and an autist like me always feels compelled to do it before I continue the story

GTA was a well-crafted game even if it was simplified compared to IV, but it had no fucking soul, I couldnt give a rats ass about anybody in it

I guess you cant have both or something, I might actually do the same thing and just watch the cutscenes now that you mention it, the novelty of tearing through the bayou in a muscle car does start to wear off quickly

Sal wasn't even all that racist. He called you a nigger and the like but overall I don't think he really gave that much of a shit about race. Sammy did fuck up wit his payments and lincoln did refuse an offer which he should ahve known would lead to trouble. Giorgi especially wasn't much of a racist either. You can tell they were good friends before the war from their interactions in the prologue. It just came down to loyalty to his old man

yeah that was semi well handled, although he does have a rant later about "people not knowing their place" and the like, but basically yes hes a businessman and a cutthroat mob boss first and foremost, no more and possibly even less racist than every other southern eye-talian wop. He sees that things are changing and its high time to try and go legit, the state is the mob now, you either go along or get got

the only group so far that I feel are cliche and completely overdone are the dixie fuckers, im suprised you dont catch them molesting their kin or fucking a pig or something lul