>he likes to emulate old games>he doesnt know about retroarchHow?

>he likes to emulate old games>he doesnt know about retroarchHow?

Attached: unnamed.png (512x512, 10.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marcrobledo.com/retroarch-playlist-editor/Try
youtu.be/3ceq_rdy4zk
youtube.com/watch?v=A1--EFlJL5whttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--yzfq50bDYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbQRCj8ggGEEverything
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tomb_Raider_III:_Adventures_of_Lara_Croftthere's
archive.org/details/no-intro-rom-sets
youtube.com/watch?v=ol12g5GxI7Y
archive.org/download/redumpSonyPlaystationAmericaGames08Feburary2020
youtu.be/XGuLDsEkFXA?t=112
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
imgur.com/a/ppAjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he tries to shill subtly>he doesn't realise it's obviousHow?

>>508899761>He spends his time shilling emulator front-ends on Holla Forums - The VidyaWhy?

Attached: bitdance.gif (328x272, 260.82K)

>>508899761I love mine but it can't play ps1/n64/dreamcast hardly at all, it just staggers a lot. Only the games with 3D rendering though

>>508899989>>508900045>shillniggers, it's freeware

I only learned about RetroArch in the last few months. I've been using emulators since probably 2002 and just hadn't bothered to update my own knowledge in several years.

It’s just a glorified front-end who cares?

>>508899761I don't use retroarch for the same reason I don't use gog galaxy

>>508899761>download 200mb software to emulate stuff when you can get all the needed emulators separately for 10~20mbRetroarch is suitable for consoles, XMB frontend isn't that good on PC

>>508901223Most of that 200 MB is video encoding and compiled shaders. I don't want any of that shit.

>>508900364its more of a connivence thing than anything else, you arent missing out on much

if you emu ps1 games RA is a requirement. pgxp is awesome and you can oc the internal cpu

>>508899989Nah it's a dude super new to emulating and thinks he's hotshit because he uses retroarch

RetroArch is shit garbage for retardos.

Holla Forums has literally braindead opinions every time somebody asks don't bother OP, they have to learn themselvesI still haven't played any other emulator that lets me navigate the entire thing from a controller, hit the home button on a snes game, close out saving a state to a cloud synced folder, and boot a Dreamcast game, get the controls autoconfigured and play, plug in a completely different controller like a dualshock 4 and get that autoconfigured so the inputs are the same for a multiplayer game, update all my emulators with a button, and keep the same high quality CRT filter on every console I play instead of the weird mishmash choices you get between emulators.Then boot the Snes game on my phone later and have that synced state because it's cross platform.

>>508900517>he doesn't know

>>508899761isnt retroarch just linux bundled with some emulators? or am I missing something?

>>508903586That's all well and good, but can it suck my dick to climax?

Who are you quoting?

>>508900062Can't figure out for the life of me how to fix it. it's so disappointing.

Attached: RetroArch_is_so_hard.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

>>508903865can you suck yourself to climax? never ask others what you are not willing to do yourself

>>508904141now open up a ps2 game oh wait LOL

>>508900062SOTN works fine except for a glitch where music in the library cuts out occasionally. It's maddening.

They know about retroarch, they just don't want to baby duck and re-learn what they know.Retroarch has a dizzying array of cores and directories to set up and choose from, and most of the shaders are just plain out bloat, even though there's literally nothing stopping people from just making a fork with sensible defaults and a UI that hides the more obtuse settings.

>>508899761Can someone help me? I downloaded the SNES rom set, but when I load up the playlist there are some games missing, like Chrono Cross, Megaman X and Lufia. How the hell am I supposed to add them to the playlist? Do I have to alter the lpl manually for every single missing game?Because that's what I'm doing right now, and I feel really dumb

>load up the beetle hw core>try to play xenogears with a vimm's lair bin>doesn't work>don't bother trying to fix it>play tf2 all day instead

Attached: 1589983385479.jpg (900x716, 283.84K)

Why people need a os like thing when you can just download emulator that you need ?

>>508905103I like organizing things. It's like putting everything in it's little box with a sticker labeling it.

>>508905103convenience and extra features

>>508905103Retroarch has bunch of features that some standalone emulators don't have

>>508904591Retroarch's scanning is notoriously fickle because it hash checks for the no-intro romsetsmarcrobledo.com/retroarch-playlist-editor/Try use this to make your playlists

>>508904382I'm willing, but not able

>>508904468So you're getting the accurate PS1 experience after owning the disc for literally more than like a month.

>>508905103why people need download single emulators, and set up every one when you can play them all with one controller?

>>508904941>beetle psx hwtry loading it 10-20 times, hw a shit bro

>>508904591>Scan Content > Manual Scan>Set content directory>In system name choose 'Nintendo - SNES'>'Overwrite Existing Playlist' should be set to off>Hit 'start scan'Now Retroarch will re-scan the roms and add the missing ones to the playlist.This happens either because you didn't get the latest no-intro set or your database isn't updated.

>>508904941>almost 15 fucking years ago I could emulate any PS1 game with no issues whatsoever on my pile of shit PC>15 years later there are a hundred different emulators and every single one requires me to configure different settings for each game unless I want game breaking shit on my fucking 12 core processorwhat happened bros

>>508905103Why people need a multiple single emulators when you can have them all in one place, with unified control schemes and audiovisual configurations?

>>508904941try with the software renderer or use the non hw core

>>508899761Sometimes its good, sometimes its shit.

>>508905959there's 2 emulators for ps1, and both have frame cap enabled to work at default settings. you literally only have to plug in the bios and bind your controls. don't be retarded.>wahh i don't want to spend 5 minutes setting up a program that i will use to then put hundreds of hours into ps1 games for the next few years

>>508906963>there's 2 emulators for ps1So right off the bat you're admitting you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, good to know.

>>508907048there's epsxe and there's mednafen. everything else is incomplete garbage not worth even considering. retroarch beetle cores uses mednafen forks.

>>508907329mednafen isnt on retroarch

>>508903403>ps1 games RA is a requirementePSXe or Duckstation are both great emus and run just fine.Only plebbits praise Retroarch and shit on other PS1 emulators

>>508907803'Beetle PSX HW is a port/fork of Mednafen's PSX module to the libretro API'from libretro website. it's just a different name but it's the same. it basically just adds a gui to mednafen so you don't have to fuck around with .inis and shit

>>508908626why Beetle doesn't have its own emulator instead of being exclusive to a front end?

>>508908340i only use epsxe for the 1% of games that don't work on RA. with RA you get better features like pgxp for texture warp and the overclock to get games like kings field or tomb raider 3 running at solid 30fps with no frame dropsyoutu.be/3ceq_rdy4zk

>>508899761I'm a brainlet. Having like 6 different emulators "just werks“ fine for me so I don't have to bother with the 600iq Retroarch setups.

>>508908972just play TR3 on PC, bro

The best and most accurate N64 emulator while still reasonably fast ever is only available on RetroArch. youtube.com/watch?v=A1--EFlJL5whttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--yzfq50bDYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbQRCj8ggGEEverything up to 5th gen emulation (except for trash like Jaguar ) is completely saved now and open-sourced. Now time to move onto PS2 and Xbox.

>>508899761Because all I want to emulate are PS2, PS3 and PS4 games you niggerfaggot

>>508909062i have the pc versions but i don't like them, i grew up on the ps1 version so i prefer them, also i don't have to fuck around with xpadder or whatever to get my ps3 controller working like with the pc versions. pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tomb_Raider_III:_Adventures_of_Lara_Croftthere's also multiple patches and fixes to install, it's just more of a pain now than booting up emulator. with pgxp the games look pretty much identical

>>508909762Steam and GOG versions are already patched and you don't need to mess around to run them.Idk about your PS3 controller but I'm playing Steam version and it's pretty great.

>>508903830You messed up that Arch part. Arch Linux is one of the OG linux distros.

>run PS1 image with epsxe>it just works>run the same with a retroarch core>it doesn't work>no error just crash fuck you and your game>open runtime log>get nothing>check BIOS>check drivers>check image>image was imperfect>repair>it works>unlock customization power beyond what i ever experienced in emulation>one week has passed, 6hours a day learning this shit>can play PS1 games>load NeoGeo core and rom archive>it doesn't work

Attached: 1380685686413.gif (390x285, 1.66M)

>>508909983Steam version of Tomb Raider 1 is just the DOS version running under Dosbox. It's ironically the worst way to play the game. It doesn't even have Nathan McCree's soundtrack that was in the PS1 version.

>>508910201You're lying, I learned everything i needed to use within an hour

>>508910231we are talking about TR3, not 1.Yeah, 1 runs on a Dosbox and needs tons of tweaks and 3rd party software but 2~5 run all without problems.t. have all the classic games

Attached: file.png (1531x750, 2.06M)

>>508909762Yeah, great fucking version that Steam version is.Buyfags the ultimate cope - I try to run it at 4K and am greeted with this message.They dump these games onto Steam without any quality control. Sad. Shows they dont' give a shit about these games.

Attached: tr3-fail.png (1070x439, 10.21K)

>>508910725>running a 90s game on 4k and expecting flawless results>not using pcgamingwikiok zoom zoom

>>508910598You are lying. See the pic from the poster above. It's a shit '90s PC port that can't even run at 4K without patches. See pic here to see what happens when you try to run it at modern resolutions.Inb4 'but you can patch it with several unofficial patches!'. Nigger, when I buy a fucking game on Steam, from the official publisher, I want that bitch to play 100% without any known bugs. The fuck is this no-effort fucking faggot shit? An emulator is better and less hassle than this fucking dogshit.

>>508910563I spend 4 to 6 hours per day troubleshooting. I had 0 idea where the problem was coming from. It could have been anything.

>>508910820Yeah, so not only do I have to pay Square JewEnix money to get a dusty ass broken Windows 9x port, then I'm expected to go to shady unofficial sites and drag and drop random files over exes and whatnot to get it to actually work.You give PC gaming a bad name by endorsing this kind of jewware. The publisher/developer should be doing all that shit for you. Why else are you paying these fags? They are literally stealing money from you by peddling you these broken ports that they can't be bothered to patch up.> >running a 90s game on 4k and expecting flawless resultsGuess what nigger? I can do just that with an emulator, right now. And I don't need to go drag and dropping several files everywhere for it to work. Cope harder.

>>508910961Running PS1 games on 4K is pointless because it won't improve anything and as you said it, it's a 90s port, not a 2020 game to run on 4K.God, you guys are stupid

>>508910820emulator runs it at 4k fine so idk, i think the pc versions of these games suck but i'm sure it's possible to get them running fine but it's unironically easier and faster to just emulate. i guess if you've never emulated anything and you don't even know what a bios is it might be considered 'more work' though

>>508899761>retroarch>over bizhawkouch

>>508899761>Retrogarbage

>>508911171These games were ported to like DX5 or so back in the day. Reminder that DirectX didn't have graphics features that the Dreamcast had by default until DX11. That's how far behind the curve graphics APIs on PC were vs. consoles for a long time.There's always hidden sacrifices with '90s console ports to PC because of the limited APIs available at the time.

>>508904406Does PS2 not work with it?

>>508904141What advantage does being able to change games as if they were channels on a TV give you? If anything it just ports the main issue of old TV into emulators - "there's nothing to watch"

All i wanted was some nice shaders and i got them but at what cost ?

Attached: 337575431355.jpg (579x329, 24.93K)

>>508911383the only ps2 emu available on retroarch is Play! which is trash and runs games at 10fps, i'm not sure what the deal is with it or whether there are some games it actually plays well but in my testing it just doesn't work well yet. pcsx2 isn't available in retroarch for whatever reason, maybe they didn't agree to including it

>>508899761fuck this gay shitI'd rather use individuals emulators, maybe a launcher too for shit like mame full sets, but last I checked default also works fine

>>508911714While a libretro PCSX2 port is technically possible, the big issue is PCSX2 itself. They still don't have a 64bit version, so you'd need to run it inside a 32bit version of RetroArch instead. The only decent renderer is OpenGL, they don't have a Vulkan renderer or a D3D11 renderer that is up to date with GL. On top of that you have a bunch of other issues with the way that emulator is coded.If you wanted to make anything decent out of PCSX2, you'd have to completely rewrite it. It's just FUBAR.

>>508904941Beetle psx hw doesnt support .bin files so you need to convert them into .cue. There are converters for this, or you can try making them yourself, it's just three lines of text after all. Not very hard to deal with at all, try googling next time.

>>508911408for me old game systems like nes have 80% unplayable garbage that is either so simple that you get the jist of it in 2 minutes, or you play for 2 minutes and die cause it's ridiculously overtuned due to arcade game design being the norm back then. so i just rapid fire check out like 20 games in a row and mess around in them just to see them

Linux is great>Try to do basic thing literally done with just two clicks in other systems/software.>It either doesn't work or works terrible.>You have to check ten pages of google to find if you can fix it.>There's not fix.>But apparently some user got it working by rewriting the whole code and he only gives some vague tip on how to do it and what to change.>You compile ten different versions to get it to do something>Success! Now it works as intended!>Except there's some new bugs you didn't see before because the source code you used wasn't from the latest build.Amazing.Or just like, use real software instead of trying to be a hipster

After a couple of updates, when I try to scroll through a list of games, the thing just crashes. I wonder what the fuck went wrong.

>>508901223How are you making a file size argument when it's 200mb? I wipe my ass with 200mb

>>508912202

Attached: 1414286309017.jpg (225x255, 21.54K)

>>508911935It does support .bin. His problems are possibly more complex.

>>508909534Mupen/angrylion/Cx4 can run the pokemon snap menus correctly unlike retroarch

>>508899761the android version is fucking shitif I ever want to emulate something I just use an ex plus alpha emulator or epsxe

>>508914340When did you last use it? If you haven't used it in the past few months, you have no room to talk since it has been massively improved.

>>508914093Retroarch has a Mupen core, retard. But ParaLLEl-RDP is far more accurate overall either way.>>508914340What's wrong with it? The run-ahead feature alone makes me prefer it over standalone emulators.

>>508915438Okay, run pokemon snap and show me the left side menu.But it's probably just the angrylion plugin on retroarch don't being as updated as the bleeding edge thing i got from the site, and they will fix it.

Attached: Best lapras EVER.jpg (1051x797, 130.65K)

>>508899761Retroarch is clunky and shit. RALibRetro is where it's at.

>>508915414>>508915438I was trying to emulate Star Ocean 2 a few weeks ago on Beetle and the X button wouldn't register even after mapping it so I switched to epsxe and beat it a few days ago

>>508899761BECAUSE IT SUCKS. Tried it recently and just doing mednafen by itself is better than going through retroarch.

>>508916184It's one game and one single scene, everything else is perfect. This is just cope at this point.

>>508918559have fun with native resolution. Have fun with no PGXP. Have fun with no OpenGL, no Vulkan. Have fun with lacking the thousands of enhancements that Beetle PSX adds over Mednafen.Mednafen standalone is inferior because Beetle PSX adds tons of enhancements features on top. You can't dispute this.

>>508912202>Linux is greatyeah, but why post this here

>>508918870I play games, user.

Attached: artworks-000524903058-6osf01-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 44.54K)

Who the fuck doesn't know about RetroArch? Some people don't like it, and some of those people have good reasons to (most of them just don't understand the point), but I don't think I've seen a single person who emulates and doesn't know what it is.

>>508918559Forgot to mention: no PBP support, no CHD support, no fast CD-ROM loading support, etc. I could go on and list missing features in standalone for hours that have all been implemented in Beetle PSX through RetroArch.Beetle PSX HW is far, far superior to stuff like epsxe nowadays. epsxe uses a trash outdated OpenGL 2 renderer. Beetle PSX HW has a fully fleshed out Vulkan renderer using modern GPU standards. It's the ONLY PSX emulator to do so too.

>>508918750It's not cope, it's just pointing out that it's not there yet.It will be i'm pretty sure of it, after all, it's literally the same code, except the retroarch people still didn't updated to the newest thing.But as it stands, you still need external emulators for this particular job.The best thing retroarch does right now is to allow the blastem sega genesis emulator to be less garbage in GUI and screen filter options.It's THE way to run genesis stuff, because the popular kega thing just fucking sucks at genesis audio.

I like it. But then again I'm not too autistic about emulating and I'm a sucker for the PS3-XMB

Attached: 1588037132686.webm (382x388, 564.37K)

>>508919230Except Mupen64plus Next through RetroArch is also the superior way to play Mupen64plus Next.So Parallel N64 vs. Mupen64plus next is literally not a race when the best versions of each emulator are in the same program.> except the retroarch people still didn't updated to the newest thing.It has nothing to do with angrylion, it has to do with the slightly more outdated version of mupen64plus-core in Parallel N64. Angrylion is up to date with the latest there could be.

>>508919698Check if mupen64plus next can do the pokemon snap menu, sadly it just crashes on my machine due being old as fuck.

>>508899761Retroarch has kind of overtaken the desktop emulators at this point.Theres only a few emulators that are better standalone vs their core version. Like PPSSPP and Redream.

>>508900517The entire point is to be a front end. It's not "glorified" if all it does is its job.The main gain is that emulator developers don't have to fuck with things like windowing, input mapping, filesystem, audio devices, rendering contexts, and file management, especially if you release on multiple OSes, where these things can all be wildly different. Things like shaders and video filters are just a bonus.The main advantages for the user are just a unified interface, the same shaders available for every emulator, and faster emulator features because the devs don't have to fuck with that.It does have some weaknesses, though. The interface is fucky and annoying by default (because they want it to work on the default setup even if you don't have a mouse and keyboard) and the Qt WIMP interface isn't complete or intuitive. The RetroPad abstraction does not work well when your system has more than 4 face buttons, like the Sega Genesis 6-button (you have to map to shoulder buttons or something, which is awkward), many systems choke when trying to map multiple buttons to one input, etc. They have a dolphin core, but mapping anything with motion controls pretty much is never going to work until the input system is overhauled. A single generic input abstraction works for most cases, but when it comes up short, you have absolutely no recourse, not even advanced options.I really like RetroArch and I use it a lot, but you have to be able to acknowledge what it does right and wrong, whatever your feelings.

>>508912202Take it to /g/ or a Linux thread. This is irrelevant here.

>*crack*ZSNES, now that was an emulator>*sip*

Attached: 928d8a9a57515320068a2c339e88fd28~2.jpg (456x352, 33.35K)

>>508900170>N-n-no one's make a dime off RA

Attached: firefox_2020-05-20_18-25-27.jpg (382x328, 34.17K)

>>508920852Shit emulation, sexy interface.

>>508920306>Dolphin CoreYeah thats super rough. But the Saturn and Dreamcast and N64 ones are getting tons of work put into them and are improving quite rapidly. You think Flycast is an offshoot of an old Reicast build no-ones touched for years and its really started to become a thing of its own already. (Even if Redream is technically a little better)

>>508920852It did what it was supposed to do, to make pentium MMX CPUs be able to run snes, and it did it brilliantly.Was like nesticle, that made 486 computers (ANY 486) run NES games.

my Master System roms are not loading, using the Emux SMS core. Is there a known common problem that could be the cause?

I like it, but for some reason it's impossible to play online for me, it says something about game versions being different or somethig, a bit of google says it's because of the checksum, so I used mame to check if the checksums were correct, they weren't, so I downloaded a different version, tried the checksum and it was correct, so I tried it again on retroarch and no dice, I'll try fightcade next time instead.Besides that retroarch is pretty great, but correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the old version (the one with the PSN-like UI) had more settings in general than this new UI? Is this true or am I just dumb?

I really wish I wasn't forced to use RetroArch to use Beetle PSX and ParaLLEl.

>>508899761I just download the individual emulators that Retroarch compiles and configure them myself. They usually run better that way and I don't have to deal with the God awful Retroarch UI.

>>508921235Disable "Filter unknown extensions" in the file browser settings. At least that worked for me when it couldn't find my SNES roms

How do I play MvC2 on it? Tried basically all cores, I even tried more than one BIOS file and still nothing.

>>508921420You got filtered.> They usually run better that wayNo, they run worse, have more lag, have audio crackling. But then you're an underage zoomer that got filtered, so I would recommend you stick to those outdated pieces of shit.

>>508921668Stop defending garbage UIs like it's a badge of honor

>>508920031> Like PPSSPP and Redream.Flycast is better than Redream in every way. Flycast does Windows CE emulation, it has arcade Naomi emulation, it still supports more GPU features than Redream does. And it doesn't cost a dime and the sourcecode is out there.

>>508921427they show up on the list, they're just not running. "Failed to Load Content" prompt.

>>508921764What's the matter underage zoomer? Are you too low IQ to understand that there are at least 4 different UIs to choose from now (not even including the desktop UI)?Take your driveby shitposting elsewhere, if you can't find an UI to your liking when there's about 4/5 fully fleshed out ones, then you're just shitposting and you should just fuck off to your standalones.

>>508921668I didn't get filtered, I know how to use it and I just don't like it. It also has unnecessary overhead. The Retroarch cores are usually behind the bleeding edge builds of the emulators they package, and if you know what you're doing you can just configure each emulator properly to fix whatever issues you have.Honestly it sounds like you're the one who has been filtered since you need Retroarch to do it for you.

>>508921841Yes it emulates better. However Redream does have good upscaling and general low requirements and decent-enough emulation going for it. And its a pretty cheap one-off payment. Flycast will eventually make it redundant but thats still going to take a while user.

>>508921970>4 different UIsAll suck.>Take your driveby shitposting elsewhere, if you can't find an UI to your liking when there's about 4/5 fully fleshed out ones, then you're just shitposting and you should just fuck off to your standalones.>NOOOO YOU CAN'T HAVE A NEGATIVE OPINION OF MY HECKING FRONTENDERINO

>>508905896link to latest no-intro set?Mine is from 2016

>>508921413> I really wish I wasn't forced to use RetroArch to use Beetle PSX and ParaLLEl.> I really wish I wasn't forced to buy a PS4 to play Last Of Us Part 2 and Bloodborne

>>508922150I do, in fact, really wish I wasn't forced to buy a PS4 to play Last Of Us Part 2 and Bloodborne

>>508908340>ePSXeI love how retards on Holla Forums have loyalty for shitty software they just happened to use as a teenager.

>>508922043>The Retroarch cores are usually behind the bleeding edge builds of the emulators they packageYeah, I surely recall Mednafen PSX having a Vulkan and GL renderer, or PBP/CHD support, or PGXP support, or texture filtering, or fast CD disk loading, or real CD-ROM support. Oh wait, I don't actually. Those are all exclusive to RetroArch.I also remember those standalone emulators having a Vulkan-based renderer that beats the shit out of every single N64 emulator right now, and gives you basically glitch-free N64 emulation except for one single game in one single scene. It's 'so far behind' those standalones, I tell you.I also remember those standalone Amiga emulators being so much better than the RetroArch ones, and certainly not the other way around.TLDR - your talking points are out of date, and you likely don't know WTF you're talking about.

>>508921764>>508922139there is no reason to use any RA UI if you don't want to.Plebs think RA is a frontend, patricians know RA is actually a backend.

Attached: 1581456925864.gif (498x280, 1.88M)

>>508922430>>508921970>>508921668Holy Reddit. Get over yourself, asswipe.

>>508899761>he likes to emulate old games>he uses retroarchCringe>>508920031>Retroarch has kind of overtaken the desktop emulators at this point.No, it hasn't. It's certainly dominated the hacked device emulation scene, but RA on desktop is pure shit.>Theres only a few emulators that are better standalone vs their core version. Like PPSSPP and Redream.And PCSX2, Dolphin, MAME, Desume

>>508899761>hename one

>>508922043>It also has unnecessary overhead.Libretro cores of snes9x and other pre-5th gen emulators literally run faster on consoles than their standalone offerings.

>>508921032The main problem is that the input is too general. It works when you can map buttons to other buttons, or axes to buttons (like with the N64 emulators), but if you happen to have a controller with more buttons than you can map, you're just fucked, or a controller with more than 4 axes. I don't even think RetroPad allows for analogue shoulder triggers, so it can't even properly work for XBox, GameCube, or PS3 triggers, if it got the necessary cores.

>>508922473See >>508921413

>>508899761Retrofart more like haha

>>508922621I don't know what your problem is.You can very easily use RA as a backend with any other launcher or shortcuts.

>>508922507>d-don't contradict me, y-you're r-reddit...

>>508922473>>508922621Nevermind, I read your post too fast.You're right, you can avoid the UI to some degree, but not fully.

>>508920946donations are better than having an ad banner in the program or some cancerous shit. i wasn't even aware they have a patreon

>>508922473It handles windowing, input events, audio output, and rendering. In what way is it not a frontend?

>>508922584>but RA on desktop is pure shitNah.

Where can I download high quality boxart scans for PS1 games?

>>508923131google.com

>>508904141Look here retro arch trannyThe front end UI is fucking stupid. For what purpose would you emulate ps3's UI for an emulator front end? Yes i'm aware tranny you can change it to x but at the cost of losing half the fucking feature everyone keeps touting about with the stupid fucking front end in the first place!

Attached: 1588332687801.jpg (504x467, 23.57K)

>>508922961Yeah, cope.>>508922856>donations are better than having an ad banner in the programt. underage who can't remember emu devs didn't pan handle like fags

If there's anything to take away from these constantly reappearing shit shows you guys call threads it is that you are all just absolutely insufferable human beings. Nightmare people. Take a good look at yourselves right now. How anyone can stand to be around you for a prolonged period of time is beyond me. You keep participating in this screaming match that lacks any substance. Why in God's great fuck do you even care? Either use the fucking program or don't. End of story. Why do you care so much what another faggot does that will you never meet in your entire life? Excatly. RetroArch threads should get deleted. Making them sould get you banned. Not because of topic itself but because you motherfuckers can't behave yourselves.

>>508923537You have to go back.

>>508923131Gamefaqs has decent quality boxart scans for every console.

>>508904141Ok, now plug in a second controller with RA still running. Better yet, update it right and show us how something totally didn't break.

>>508923537You making this unnecessarily long-winded post means you care more than anyone in this thread, guaranteed.

>>508923467What features is the Oxygen UI missing?

>>508923467hey tranny, you must not have gotten the memo.Thanks to spergs like you, that is no longer the default UI.Learn to keep up with the times and don't forget to keep dilating.

Attached: ozone.png (1366x736, 149.22K)

>>508923531>waaaah people shouldn't recieve cash for labourok commie

>>508899761i know about it, i also know to stay away from septic waste.

>>508923767>it doesn't do this arbitrary bullshit I shoot at it! that means it's shit!

>>508923131not sure how high quality you mean but retroarch has a menu button to download packs of boxarts for every system. it's in 'online updating>thumbnails' i think. then you can just navigate to that folder and the files are there

>>508924090>waaaaaaaaaah people should be compensated for a hobby!ok commie

>>508924090>>508924406You are both retarded commies.

>>508924313>using multiple controllers>updating the program>arbitraryMassive cope there dumbass. Also>RA DOES ALL THIS OTHER ARBITRARY SHIT THAT MEANS ITS GOOD!

>>508924406People have a right to ask for optional donations for publicly available software they worked thousands of hours on. Claiming otherwise is exploitative.

>>508899761I know about retroarch. I think the UI is ugly and unintuitive and use individual emulators like snes9x, ppsspp, desmume, vba, etc. instead.if I were to use a front end, I'd use LaunchBox instead.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1599x1160, 624.01K)

>>508924864> Launchbox> Literal trash software made in C# .NET> Costs moneyThe literal cope

>>508903586that's a lot of pretentious bells and whistles that only autistic homosexuals care about. i just play the fucking games not jerk myself off to irrelevant features like "cross platform" piracy lmao.

>>508922141REPLY NOW

>>508923767I compile and update RetroArch from the master branch every day and I haven't had something break in months. I updated today.Here's me connecting a second controller.

Attached: 2020-05-20T10_59_33.png (3840x2160, 383.81K)

>>508922141>>508925184archive.org/details/no-intro-rom-sets

>>508924680You know the updating thing is bullshit you worthless faggot, and yes that controller thing you said it's arbitrary, you're just one of those contrarian shitstains who hate on popular things with no real reason and they have to come up with bullshit like yours. Cope.

>>508899761I prefer my emulators to have a dropdown menu with File>Load Game as opposed to some shitty wannabe ps3

>>508925203>update RetroArch from the master branch every dayfuck everything about that. am i the only one who hates updating anything unless there's a legit reason like a new feature or something? it's just more chance for my shit to break or corrupt. if i'm halfway through an rpg the last thing i'm doing is updating the program until i'm finished it

>>508925517XMB isn't even the default interface now. The current interface is a Nintendo Switch knockoff.Personally, I just want something that looks like ZSNES.

>>508925113the irony of your autistic ass sitting here getting triggered over front ends and screeching that yours is superior while claiming everyone else is coping lmao. you're the same kind of little faggot who rates games 0 on metacritic because they're on a console you don't like.

>>508905430what, like a piece of shit filter? Why would I want filters to begin with?

>>508899761>Mesen>Snes9x>Project 64 v1.6>desmume>Dolphin>ePSXe>PCSX2>RPCS3>All configured and working perfectly>All games configured to launch with their respective emulators with a simple double-clickRemind me why I would possibly use Retroarch for any of this? It's literally inferior in every way that matters. RA is for zoomers who don't want to put any effort into their emulation. Fuck off.

What are the best shaders for GBC and GBA games?

>>508922863you don't need to use it as a launcher though, which is what most people complain about.For me, uniting configs of all emulators so I don't have to redo controls for each one or look up a infograph on which plugins to use is worth it.Not to mention all the saves and files all residing in the same place, fuck every emulator that stored that shit in My Documents or Appdata.Now all we need is the Steam version of RA to be released with steam cloud saves. Auto-synced saves and states without gamesavemanager or dropbox hardlink bullshit would be great.

Attached: 1564318042686.webm (480x600, 1.94M)

>>508925864>he isn't an autistic tranny it's 2020 sweetie get with the program.

>>508925717I run Gentoo Linux and have retroarch and dolphin set to their 9999 versions (which indicates the latest master state on their git repos), so when I run emerge @live-rebuild it automatically grabs retroarch and dolphin too.You have a valid point. I'd stop doing it if shit ever broke, but it hasn't yet (occasionally building breaks for Dolphin, but it's always fixed pretty quickly, and that just makes it fail the install rather than breaking my emulator).

>>508925338thanks. hey do you know if i can just use one arcade machine for all games in mame? i am trying to get into mame but i'm finding it confusing which machibe to use for which game or if there's a standard one that works for all arcade games

>try to open menu with escape like i would any other pc game>entire thing shuts downdid nobody realize how big of an issue that is?

What is the GOOD SHIT in terms of Retroarch CRT filters?

>>508926087For sure, it's still an emulator frontend, but it doesn't have to be your library interface.

>>508925867>snes9x>PJ64>ePSX>calling other efortless zommers while using worthless garbagekek kill yourself.

what's this shit about shaders? Doesn't the game look fine enough already?>>508920852>zsnesI wouldn't wipe my ass with zsnes. snes9x was always the superior choice to that.

>>508926163Again, you show that you have literally not ran an updated version in the last year.Thanks to zoomers like you, you now need to press the Esc key twice before the program shuts down

>>508925867ps1 should really use RA even if you only use it for that system. it's objectively better than epsxe

>>508926163With the latest version, you have to double-press escape to quit, and you can customize the keys as you like.Are you running on an old version? Most Linux distros package ancient versions in their official repositories. Use the install instructions on the site to make sure you have the latest version.

>>508925203How do you get it to look like this?

>>508899761I don't know how to use it.

When 95% of complaints are about the interface and how it doesn't have drop-down menus or doesn't look like ZSNES I tend to think you're not even playing games with your emulators. How long do you spend looking at the fucking interface, senpai? How's that even a complaint? I boot a game and I'm off.

>>508926163There's an option to exit with two esc keys instead of just one.

>>508926313And not only that, it tells you with a big graphical notification that pressing it another time will shut it down. It's literally zoomer-proof.

>>508926304>worthless garbagezoomers are fucking hopelessCRT filters are a meme, fucknugget

>>508926382Run a modern version (updated within the past few months) and switch your Menu driver to Ozone.Or wipe your config, as Ozone is the default now for new setups.

>>508924406>make a product>ask for compensation>this is communismamerifats everyone

>>508926506Sweet. I got tired of xmb

>all the brainlets itt who don't see any value in unifying control setups and saves>they'd rather rebind every emulator manually>they'd rather have emulators refuse to take multiple inputs at a time>they'd rather have saves all across their PC with no consistency>they'd rather setup the damn thing to just be aspect-ratio correct scaled fullscreen for every individual platform>all because they're too braindead to setup shortcuts to avoid the PS3 launcherwhy is Holla Forums like this?same shit with VLC and utorrent. It's like you people hate the idea of better programs existing.

Attached: 1587383134532.jpg (320x311, 17.04K)

>>508926307lots of people like me never use shaders, i think they just look shit and obfuscate the game image. but it's an option i like to have regardless

>>508925867>project 64I see you're a man of culture that only enjoy slightly broken mario 64 and Zelda OOT

>>508923870It's somehow even worse now

>>508926885it's true, PJ64 is literally just for playing Zelda in 2006.No one ever need emulate SM64 anymore however.

>>508926395ZSNES did have a good-looking interface and it has a lot of nostalgia for a lot of people. I have a lot of nostalgia for it, though I recognize that it's probably not a great interface for thousands of rom files across 10 different emulators in 10 different directories, not to mention the wealth of options and settings RetroArch offers.You can add a snow effect with rgui to get a little closer, but it's obviously not the same.

Attached: 2020-05-20T11_14_05.png (3840x2160, 233.64K)

>>508927010just admit you just want a window with dropdown menus and a filepicker.

>>508927205not him but why doesn't it just have that?

>>508926857redpill me on vlc alternatives? i watch maybe one movie every 5 months so it's not a big deal but if there's a better option i'll hear it. i just like how vlc runs literally video file i ever try it with without issue

>>508925867>ePSXe

Attached: xt7as1l0pog21.jpg (750x935, 47.38K)

>>508927064It have several effects like the lens of truth broken, unless you do the ultimate heresy and just get the angrylion and cx4d plugins for PJ64.

>>508926857>they'd rather rebind every emulator manuallyControl setups that work for one emulator may not fit another that well.

>>508927305cause it's 2020 and not everything needs to have windows default ui, i think it looks sexy

>>508922430You know there's a standalone fork of Beetle PSX that's well maintained, right? There was just a new commit a few hours ago. So no, those features are not exclusive to Retroarch.I'll admit I haven't used the newer N64 cores but that does sound appealing. I might check it out if I plan on emulating any 64 games in the near future. And I've literally never had problems with FS-UAE for Amiga emulation so I've never bothered looking elsewhere. What does Retroarch offer in that department that makes it so much better?

>>508927305Because is not designed for computers. Download individual emulators if you are on PC.

>>508926395people are just used to what they're used to.Even if a controller-focused UI makes sense when you're mostly emulating games that use a gamepad, people who have used those old style emulators for a long time just don't like it.Personally I've used frontends for over a decade, starting with some sketchy mame programs I can't even remember the name of.>>508927305Because it's cluttered and can't be controlled by a gamepad.The idea is that you don't have to constantly switch back and forth just to change a single emulation setting, that you can just stay fullscreen and do what you want.They did eventually add the "desktop UI" but if all else fails you can literally use desktop shortcuts or steam of GOG galaxy to avoid RA as a launcher.>>508927412mpv.no codec packs, no bullshit, just works.>>508927619which is why they have overides in RA.But having everything fit the typical gamepad diamond facebuttons while leaving keyboard active for if you don't have a gamepad connected is ideal for me.There were so many emulators in the past that refuse to respond to the keyboard if you setup a gamepad, pissed me off so much.

>>508926313>>508926449Just how much of a fart-huffer do you need to be to see an objective fix of a shit UI element as "wooooow fucking zoomers"

>>508927657Sometimes less is more. To me it puts form over function.

>>508926349Beetle PSX is available as a standalone emulator though, no need to use RA for it if you don't want to.

>>508903498What's wrong with using retroarch? I use it on my ps1 classic

>>508925505>You know the updating thing is bullshit you worthless faggotNope, go to /emugen/ and you'll find someone complaining about RA breaking something post update.>that controller thing you said it's arbitraryEvery time I've plugged a second controller in his retropi running RA the inputs fuck up.>hate on popular things with no real reason and they have to come up with bullshit like yours. Cope.I've been using time tested stand alone emus that have been around for a decade, ones that suck shit as libretro cores, so cope.

>>508927956to me, ignoring the benefits of a combined platform emulator because you prefer old-style launchers is putting form over function.Literally just use RA for its features and consistency then launch everything with the GOG launcher or playnite.Perfectly beautiful UI designed for desktops without any negatives.

Attached: 1581486957885.jpg (750x1244, 163.19K)

>>508899761Retroarch sucks desu. It's only good for some old games but overall it's kinda hard to use and it has many problems. It's just better to install the emulator itself or openemu if you are on mac

>>508927064>>508927575Here's project 64 doing something it is not supposed to do (but not in realtime because i have a core 2 quad Q8200)

Attached: ULTIMATE HERESY.jpg (656x558, 116.77K)

>>508927780i tried amiga emulation once cause i wanted to play superfrog. shit's confusing, i think it would take me a few days to get going. haven't tried RA amiga core yet, i'll give it a go tomorrow

>>508899761I personally prefer to use standalone emulators but I can't really defend or explain why.

>>508928354at least you acknowledge it instead of blaming the zoomers.

>>508912202>Linux is greatAgree, it does a great job filtering retards who can't follow basic instructions.

>>508928075>I use it on my ps1 classicHoly shit kill yourself.

>he likes video games>he doesn't know about reddit

>>508928462why?he probably bought it on massive discount and loaded RA on it.What's the negative?That he didn't pay for the overpriced raspberry pi to do the same job?Or that he didn't use a modded PS2/Wii to do it?

>>508928354It's because you are heterosexual

>>508928354>but I can't really defend or explain why.Because you prefer shit that works and doesn't require you to delete a config file when something breaks.

>>508928447I seriously don't understand people that use Linux. Everything is so much harder to use and apps barely have support for it.

>>508928241not him but i used p64 to play banjo and kazooie and it seemed to work great but i never played the og so it may have had oddities

>>508926087smarter than my mom and dad

>>508928634If you dont get the appeal of Linux, you probably don't need it in the first place.

why would anyone use thisI don't get it

>>508928591>What's the negative?It's an underpowered pile of shit that sucks running anything. If it can't run an outdated ARM emulator from Sony, there's no way it can run RA reliably.>overpriced raspberry pi>$40-80>overpricedLiteral underage unemployed zoomer detected.

>>508928771Can you explain why you would use Linux instead of using Windows or Mac?

>>508928771I get it, you want to act better than other peopleso you use the terrible broken os you use that makes everything needlessly complicated

>>508928880You could try reading the fucking thread or something.

>>508928709B&K have several broken effects (such as pic related, it's working because angrylion plugin), and apparently there are timing issues that makes some of the mini games impossible.

Attached: bear and bird.jpg (656x558, 81.42K)

>>508929038That's Windows. Anything without a proper package manager is a chore at best.

>>508928897>overpriced>Literal underage unemployed zoomer detected.I don't think you understand what overpriced means.And yes, raspberry pis are a joke of a SBC that are indeed overpriced for what you get.

>>508899761it can't emulate ps2 games for shit

>>508929251Alright buddy you're full of shit. How can you say Windows is a chore when you are using Linux.

>>508929278>And yes, PS1 classics are a joke of a SBC that are indeed overpriced for what you get.Yes, they are, hence why even a SNES classic is a better purchase to hack.youtube.com/watch?v=ol12g5GxI7Y

>>508929017>instead of using Windows or Mac?>Mac

>>508929564I didn't say the SNES classic wasn't better, I was simply defending his choice because I know Snoy classics were being heavily discounted to just get rid of them.If he got a PS classic for $20 or less that's still a decent deal.

>>508929017You have more control over it than Windows 10 or even 7.Even from a "casual as fuck" viewpoint, you can for example change how the windows looks like instead of being stuck with whatever ugly shit microsoft chooses for you.And if you bought an AMD videocard by accident, you're getting literally twice the speed by moving to linux.

>>508929549I used Windows for the first 20 years of my life.I've used Linux for the past 10 years of my life.Linux works better and takes less effort. Not to mention I can actually script it. Trying to do something as simple as a daily cronjob in Windows is basically fucking impossible.

>>508929549he's right in one sense, Windows app updating is fucking trash.But you are right in another, dealing with Linux for gaming is a fucking headache.Don't even (You) me Linuxfags, you know that just getting the right version of vulkan and the drivers requires you to source from an alternative domain than what's the public default.Already been there, done that.

>>508927780>You know there's a standalone fork of Beetle PSX that's well maintained, right? There was just a new commit a few hours ago. So no, those features are not exclusive to Retroarch.Show the repo then

>>508929017Linux is a clean, controlled environment. You know and choose everything that is going on in your computer. No fucking Skype app forced down your throat or>Mac

>>508929017Customization, security,package managers also I like programing, I find it less confusing setting up an environment on linux that on Windows.>>508929038Things break because you just run things without thinking what you are actually doing. And Windows by nature perpetuates this mindset.

>>508928032Why should I bother with a standalone exe when I can just run it in RetroArch and get the latest updated versions just by clicking a single button inside the UI you so dislike?RetroArch chads keep winning.

>>508899761>he likes to emulate old gamesSo he's a thief?

>>508930028>You know that just getting the right version of vulkan and the drivers requires you to source from an alternative domain than what's the public default.What the fuck do you even mean? You mean external repositories? Maybe if you're using a stable distro that only keeps old software and kernel versions. Gentoo and Arch have the latest versions of everything and stay up to date.Really, "source from an alternative domain than what's the public default" is basically gibberish.

>>508929017Legally free with no catch, no ads no premium programs no nothing.This extends to most third party stuff you'll use on the system. Most user friendly distros ship with something akin to an apstore, except with zero freemium or adware shit on it.Open source means community at least has some chance of discovering someone's attempts at spyware or other unintended 'features', even if there are millions of lines of code.Variety of desktops to choose from, rather than just one that a company chose for you.More performance-friendly than windows, sometimes by a TON depending on the flavor you choose.Safer and more conveneint way to install and update programs. On windows you use a web browser to look for installers on the internet, on linux this is handled by the OS itself. Everything you have can also be updated simultaneouly.For media consumption, internet shit, office work and other basic bitch stuff it'll do literally everything windows does. For coders it apparently does more but I won't elaborate as I am not a coder. What I can say from experience is that latex documents compile much faster on linux.Obviously there are a lot of downsides. Different interface means having to overcome your baby duck synrome (that's a real thing, look it up). Various professional software can cause problems or not work at all, like Adobe or Autodesk. Games are also not a given. And worst of all, support for all kinds of niche hardware is very iffy. And by that I mean even gamepads or printers, sometimes you'll just shit outta luck with your model.

>>508930404Yes, but he's just stealing from internet scalpers, so it's fine.

>>508928241Why would I want to use software rendered Angrylion when we have the same accuracy now only running on the GPU and running twice as fast?Project 64 is behind Parallel N64/retroarch now, software rendered N64 graphics can't compete with Vulkan GPU-accelerated graphics.

>>508930437>recommending archyeah fuck that.The fact I couldn't get that shit installed even when following a guide is nonsense.>no dude just boot the install media and manually make 3 partitions of this setting then do this then that thenwhy.why does arch expect me fill out a tax form just to install it the default way?No other distro I've tried does this.

>>508931301I didn't recommend Arch, I just said it has the latest versions of everything and stays up to date.Gentoo's install is far more involved than Arch's.And setting up an external PPA even for a stable distro isn't hard.I don't understand why Winfags think that "Download executable from internet, run it to completion, and then probably have to keep it up to date manually unless it constantly checks for updates itself" is more difficult and involved than "Find external repository link on internet, add it as a software source, install software, package manager keeps everything up to date".I'm convinced that the main complainers are just retarded and can't manage anything different from the way they did it on their family computer when they were 12.

>>508899761How can one program BTFO the zoomers so hardEpic RetroArch chads drinking delicious zoomer tears

Has anyone tried emulating Mother 3 through retroarch? I want to play it again but audio and input lag can be a bitch for that game and it's not immediately obvious if there's a problem.

>>508930020so i could tell steam to turn off my pc once a game is finished downloading?

>>508930669The vulkan one is very behind the multi-core (which is also available on retroarch), and in terms of speed, i think any computer released on this decade or the previous decade is more than enough to reach realtime.This is the kind of hardware you need to not get realtime on multicore angrylion.

Attached: welcome to 2009.jpg (674x532, 74.41K)

>>508932198> The vulkan one is very behind the multi-core (which is also available on retroarch)Please tell us what is wrong with it, with specific examples of games that don't work (and no, one scene in Pokemon Snap don't count).> and in terms of speed, i think any computer released on this decade or the previous decade is more than enough to reach realtime.I'd like to see you running Conker's Bad Fur Day with Angrylion on that 2009 CPU of yours. You're a lying faggot.

i dont want my emulator to look like a fucking PS3 menu and be a bloated piece of unfunctional shit

>>508932609Good thing it no longer defaults to that menu then, precisely because of underage zoomers like yourselfKeep up with the program zoom zoom

>>508930531im taking this and posting it on /g/ cringe threadsthanks

>>508932609you can always tell ppl that pop in from catalogue, shitpost and close the tab without reading anything

>>508932746look mom i said the zoom word, i won the argument

>>508932390>I'd like to see you running Conker's Bad Fur Day with Angrylion on that 2009 CPU of yours. You're a lying faggot.I'm not lying, you forgot to read the last line where i specify that you need a garbage of computer like this to not be able to get realtime, which i don't.Also i can't run vulkan either with a DX10 card.And the pokemon snap is failing on multi-core on angrylion, i have no fucking clue on how it runs on vulkan

>>508932183Sure, but you won't get any help from Steam for that; it's a black box. I'd probably just write a script to monitor network throughput and when the throughput for the last minute is under a megabyte or something, I'd have it wait 5 to 10 minutes (to allow for install) and then shut down.Something like this, running in a screen session:#!/bin/shlastbytes=$(cat /sys/class/net/enp24s0/statistics/rx_bytes)while :; do sleep 60 bytes=$(cat /sys/class/net/enp24s0/statistics/rx_bytes) diff=$((bytes - lastbytes)) if [ $diff -lt 1048576 ]; then sleep 300 sudo poweroff fi lastbytes=$bytesdone

>>508932991>>508932183I should have just screencapped the script. You could do the same thing with Python, Ruby, or whatever scripting language of choice, though. sh is a little ugly.

Attached: 2020-05-20T12_01_52.png (786x323, 44.8K)

>>508931906you have to admit using an alternative PPA just to have Proton AND gpu drivers AND vulkan at the right version is not a user-friendly way to drop anyone into gaming on linux.Just figuring this out added 30fps and fixed graphical corruption in RE2remake for me.If I just gave up like a lot of people would, I'd just assume linux was just like that.

>>508933209>you have to admit using an alternative PPA just to have Proton AND gpu drivers AND vulkan at the right version is not a user-friendly way to drop anyone into gaming on linux.I won't admit that. I'll admit that it's not intuitive if you're used to other OSes, though. My 7-year-old figured out software repositories, with some minor help. It's not insurmountable by any means, most people just don't know how to handle systems that work differently than what they are familiar with.

>>508932927>Also i can't run vulkan either with a DX10 card.Upgrade your GPU user, you're not a poorfag are you? How are you able to game like this?

>>508932609Settings > Drivers > MenuI've had no issues with the games or cores I tried so far. I can't speak for others though.

Attached: 1564588813917.png (1920x1080, 98.63K)

>>508933194i can see how that's cool and fun for a programmer but a brainlet like me is never gonna figure that out

>>508933606I'm terribly poorfag, but probably not for long.And well, old games, 2D games, some 3D games that are a bit more lenient.This computer can even run subnautica somehow.

mednafenmupenPCSX2DolphinMAMEthats all i need, fuck you Retroarch trannies

>>508904141You skipped:>Installing cores>Adding games>Adding firmware>Configuring core>Configuring controls

People actually create imaginary "us vs them" camps for various free programs that everyone can use.The insecurity is astounding.

>>508934213were you not here on april fools when people fought over colours

>>508932183>>508932991>>508933194That would've been even easier if Steam client was open-source.

>>508932173Don't worry user just delete your config file like 5 times and set up everything again it just werks

>>508933401>My 7-year-old figured out software repositories, with some minor helpso basically you're admitting you're some kind of slut and we're supposed to listen to you?

>>508932927>with a DX10 card.I had a 2009 card with DX11 already, how fucking old is your computer?

>>508932173This should help.

Attached: 1565525911327.png (1920x1050, 91.36K)

>>508934856Pretty fucking old.The DX10 card in question is a Geforce 9800gt (as the speccy picture shows above)

Hey have you guys played any video games lately?

>>508935180>Geforce 9800gtJesus christ man.

>>508935125I played through Mother 3 recently and completely forgot about the latency stuff. I really should have taken advantage of that, because I got rhythm attacks to work maybe 10 times total through the entire course of the game.

>>508935380No.

>>508935436I'm quite surprised myself it still runs stuff released this decade.

>>508935380Playing through Pikmin 2 right now.90% of my gaming is through emulation because I have such a massive backlog.

Attached: pikmin2.jpg (2928x2160, 2.71M)

>>508935380Nope.

>>508935380been playing dragon's dogma for the last 2 days, also openXcom

>>508935380kek what a retard, you don't use emulators to play games, you use them to see how the look for 30 seconds and then discuss about how to make them look better, fucking redditors.

>>508899761retroarch is trash, keep that shitty frontend away from me. Standalones will always be superior

>>508904941Don't say I never did nothin for yaarchive.org/download/redumpSonyPlaystationAmericaGames08Feburary2020

Attached: 126165065419.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

>>508900062Set retroarch to exclusive fullscreen and make sure your screen refresh rate is set correctly (use the retroarch estimated refresh rate).That did it for me

>>508934572Married with children, friend.

>>508926038Man I'd love to know, but apparently this is just a flagrant fanboy thread that doesn't actually discuss anything.

>>508935460To be honest I haven't used it myself, since I haven't played many games that require that much accuracy.Just in case:youtu.be/XGuLDsEkFXA?t=112

>>508899761I know about rtetroarchWhat I don't know is how to configure it so the games look good. I lierally am tearing my hair out over if the n64 looked like this on a CRT.also the fact that there are so many options it makes my brain hurt.What shader do I useWhat core?What options?bileniar filtering on or off?Interger scaling on or off?

Attached: RetroArch 2020.05.19 - 16.42.21.02.DVR.webm (1600x1200, 2.3M)

>>508936403Your credibility on hardware and software disappeared as soon as you put your penis in a vagina.

>>508936403>he had sex at least twicedirty loonix slut

>>508899761Retroarch fucking sucks. I don't know why I fell for the meme literally every other emulator runs better than this. What is the point?

>>508935125Thanks.>>508935460>I got rhythm attacks to work maybe 10 times total through the entire course of the game.Sounds painful. Was it still worth it?

>>508899761I have never fucking got this working to a respectable level, on my switch or phone. the fuck am I doing wrong??

>>508936546fuck retorarch, learn to mess up with emulators

>>508937125>mess up withgo back to school, Pedro

>>508936734>What is the point?all config and save files in one place, only needing to set up controller once, only needing to set up video output once, one-click updating from inside the application, multiplatform so you can move your saves onto more than a dozen systems and have them work.

>>508936546If you want a real CRT experience, you could always get an actual CRT and a proper high-speed conversion box, and just have RetroArch output to that without any shaders.> What shader do I useWhatever you like> What core?Mupen64Plus Next or Parallel. They are very similar, and you probably want Parallel, but Mupen64Plus might work better in rare cases especially if you have an older video card that might have issues with Vulkan.Mupen64Plus Next has a more recent mupen64plus-core version, and is more accurate on the software side.> What options?Fiddle with them, stick with what works best.> bileniar filtering on or off?Probably off. There's not usually a good reason to keep it on.> Interger scaling on or off?Probably on, but it mostly matters for 2D games.

>>508916184Youve been able to fix oak check for atleast 6 or 7 years

>>508936937>Sounds painful.It wasn't. I went psi heavy and started relying more heavily on items with other characters.>Was it still worth it?Yes. I still enjoyed the game quite a lot, but I still like the first two more.

>>508937173what is wrong with my sentence fatass? learn to grammar faggot

>He got filtered by Retroarch

Attached: Cortex.png (281x281, 66.89K)

>muh standalonesAlright retards, show me the standalone emulators that can run multiple systems with unified configurations, has vulkan support, has the run-ahead frames feature and built in shader support.If the retroarch core of the system you want to emulate is good there's literally zero reason to use a standalone emulator. I'm pretty sure anyone complaining about retroarch is just too much of a brainlet to configure it properly.

>>508937843Mess up and mess around are two completely different things, ESL-kun.

>>508937843Why would one need to learn to mess up? I know how to mess up already.

>>508911935it also came with a .cue file, which I also tried with no results

>>508899761All the good emulators are standalone anyway and run better that way.

>>508936546>What shader do I useNone if you don't want to. You don't have to. For TV stuff I like crt-royale-xm29 but it will probably not look like you remember. The XM29 was a high end set few ever had the privilige of owning.>What core?Go to this site emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page Click on the platform in question and pick the highest listed emulator that has a libretro core available in the matrix.>What options?Accross all platforms: VIDEO Windowed Fullscreen Mode OFF, VSync OFF, Hard GPU Sync OFF, Aspect ratio Core provided, Integer Scale OFF, Threaded Video OFF, Black Frame Insertion OFFDo latency runahead on a per game basis>bileniar filtering on or off?Off>Interger scaling on or off?Always on my dude if you want accurate visuals but you want have the largest possible image. But all the pixels will be the same size.

>>508904941If by "doesn't work" you mean "instantly crashed to desktop" then go get your bios files, you dummy.

>>508935380Dissidia 012Pokemon CloverBreath of Fire IVTHPS2

>>508914340>the android version is fucking shitRemember the oid emulators? Those were some good emulators.

Attached: 1532478790832.png (281x215, 43.66K)

>>508938287not really, retroarch offers lower audio/video/input latency and offers a lot of other enhancements.

>>508937391Yes, but you can't take a good picture of lapras as it needs the dot to work, and you have to run the oak check in a mode that destroy the frame rate on regular emulators because they use a windows method of capturing the screen that is slow regardless of how powerful your computer is.

>>508938609provide comparison evidence

>>508936538this guy is a fucking retard. maybe it takes 2 frames to shoot? how does he even know if it 1frame? is he the dev?

>>508934135That's like 7-10 minutes. How lazy and retarded are you guys?

>>508940181How do you know a game has lag input?

I know Holla Forums is retarded but goddamn you guys got filtered by setting up retroarch? You can choose whatever fucking GUI you want or none at all. Only thing that's not needed is the extra shaders that are redundant.

>>508940530Not sure if these keys are default of if I set them to be like this BUT while playing hit P. That should pause the emulation. Now hold any button on the controller, like jump or run. On your keyboard hit K that advances the emulation 1 frame. Do it as often as you need to until you see a feedback to the held down button on the screen all the while counting how many frames you had to advance for it to happen. Voila. There's your input lag. Remember that no every button might react the same in the game so try several and measure each several times to get the most accurate idea of the actual lag.Now add frame by frame to the runahead setting until you're close to the value you measured and you see next frame results while playing with the same measurement technique. If the sound still works, you're done. If it crackles, lower the runahead value until it's normal again. Turn on the sound second instance option for best results here.

>>508929017-full control; OS treats you like an adult.-no annoying update notifications or even forced updates if you don't want to-free-can customize almost everything and automate almost everything, it just depends on you as to how willing you are to learn and do it-no trackingI don't care if you don't want Linux, if you want Windows or Mac it's fine. I also don't really like the drivers in Linux, because it feels half-assed.

>>508941235>. Only thing that's not needed is the extra shaders that are redundant.like what?

Retroarch is autist trash, XMB sucks, Retroarch devs just want Patreon money. Every emulator is better stand-alone or with a different front end.

>>508941772Linux: "Treats you like an adult when nobody else does."

A lot of literal retards uncovered by this thread.

>>508899989>shill>freewarethink for like one second before you type

>>508932390>Please tell usHullo Mr. Retroarch.Are you coding son?

Shaders are a matter of taste and you can disregard them if you like, but at least always be on the lookout for color correction for whatever console you're emulating. It's not just for shitty gameboy screens, everything needs it.

Attached: Chrono Trigger (USA)-200520-212103.png (1200x1524, 117.51K)

Attached: 1589778601914.gif (1530x1920, 2.91M)

>>508903586kill yourself homo

>>508944613up looks better, bottom is way too much saturated for an LCD display

>>508935380Last game I emulated and beat was The Third Birthday for the PSP. It was terrible

Daily reminder that real chads use RetroArch

Attached: realchads.jpg (1200x1200, 298.56K)

>>508944945"Looks better" is subjective. The bottom objectively is more correct.

>>508944613are you sure that's meant to be black though? top looks better

>>508899761True chad life

Attached: truechadlife.jpg (655x491, 48.29K)

>>508923531>emulation was so much better when people only worked for brag rights and legitimate altruism, no one got any kind of reward for their effort and shit took years upon years to make any kind of progress because the only couple of semi-talented cunts working on an emulator at any given time could only work for a couple minutes at a time due to real-life obligations.Fuck off.

How does RetroArch's shaders look compared to this? This uses MAME's shaders.

Attached: Screenshot (347).png (1920x1080, 534.6K)

>>508945513Works great for hacked SNESClassic

>>508899761enjoying it on the switch like a chad

Attached: 2020052016550500-1CA528593A9112595542B3E5B78510B0.webm (500x281, 626.96K)

>>508947705here are some custom shadersimgur.com/a/ppAjI

>>508947705Fine, I guess?There's a shitload of shaders and you can apply multiple passes to achieve different effects.

>>508945554Thankfully precisely replicating the original was never my intention. I emulate to get the best experience possible, which may or may not coincide with replicating the original experience as close as possible. In this particular instance the bottom picture looks over-saturated and toxic, and I would never play like that on an LCD, maybe on a CRT.

RA is beyond based.

>>508948281

Attached: mp4.webm (600x338, 773.27K)

>half the emulators only work some of the time>adjusting settings on the fly much more complicated cause you have to waste your time navigating their shitty menu when something goes wrong>gamecube emulation shit>ps2 emulation shitLet me know when it's a good all in one with just as many features as the standalone emulators.

>>508950517>Let me know when it's a good all in one with just as many features as the standalone emulators.Now

>>508950584Wrong.

Is the PS Vita good for emulation?

>>508950803Yes, you are.

>>508950864Be quiet redditor

>>508950973I know you are, but what am I?

>>508950830it's alright

>>508934135that's not even getting into the shitty inconsistent way you have to get game box art in it. It's way too much work for something that navigates like shit. Why use this when I can access my emulators just fine on my mouse in file explorer, AND the emulator actually fucking works?

>>508951187Your such a fucking child holy shit i literally cant even right now.

>>508951220How alright is alright?

>>508951556alright (alright)

>>508899761why the fuck would i need a shitty convoluted overcompicated FRONT END nigga?

>>508952023>convoluted4u?

>>508904141Yep, looks just as retarded as I remember

>>508954163How many times do we have to say this to you mouthbreathing zoomers? It no longer looks like that for well over half a year.XMB is optional, this is how it looks like by default.But by all means, continue your driveby shitposts.

Attached: ozone.jpg (1920x1080, 131.18K)

>>508951340I don't know where your malfunction is, but you can drag and drop a ROM from your file explorer to retroarch's window just fine. Where is the disconnect you zoomie zoomer?

>>508941235It's not being filtered, it's choosing better alternatives.

>>508899761yes I know it's very good especially the shaders

Attached: crt.gif (1024x768, 771.37K)

>>508955573Can I write in values now with my keyboard, or do I still have to hold a button for half an hour to change 240 to 1440?

>>508934135>configuring controlsnope, all cores have all controls set already, if you have a pad jacked in it will work from the start

>>508950584Quit lying. Cheat codes don't even work for dolphin in RA. I'm not playing mario party while waiting for the game to take a million years to do anything just cause some autist on Holla Forums shills.

Attached: no.png (799x632, 87.13K)

>>508940005the latest n64 emulator parallel with leaked n64 sourcecode fixes is retroarch exclusive

>>508956242That's just bullshit.There's no "magical source code", just hard work from angrylion/cx4d.

>>508956372Yeah, all that Vulkan code sure wrote itself. That's why so few can write a competent Vulkan compute renderer in open sores land. It doesn't take an ARM graphics engineer or anything.

>>508956241Dolphin is one of the few instances where I'd rather use the standalone emulator than RA.

>>508956241Not all cores are of the same quality, and that is not a problem of retroarch.

>>508899761Interface is shit.

>>508937968>unified configurations for multiple consoleswhy would I want this? I want to use a different configuration for every console.>vulkan supportnot really needed but the standalone beetle-psx emulator fork has it>run-head framesbsnes had this before RetroarchRetroarch is for people who are too lazy to find the github for each individual emulator and compile the latest releases themselves. You're the one who has been filtered.I'd use Retroarch if I wanted to use emulators on a game console, like on my Switch. But on PC it's just cumbersome, adds additional overhead, and is often times behind the bleeding edge releases for the emulators they're using.

>>508956134do you just play games by yourself or something? what if you have multiple different kinds of controllers? I have 360, gc, snes converter, xbone, and wiiu. Are you really telling me it's going to automatically configure ALL of that on the fly? Plus I'd never let someone else configure my controls for emulation. Do you have any idea how many people think you assign something by the button name instead of where the button is? I'm not dealing with that shit. Set up my own controls, save a profile, done.

>>508956667>But on PC it's just cumbersome, adds additional overhead, and is often times behind the bleeding edge releases for the emulators they're using.wrong on all accounts lol

>ePSXe works perfectly>Kega Fusion works perfectly>ZSNES works perfectly>DSemu works perfectly>VBA works perfectly>PCSX2 works perfectly>MAMEUI 64 works perfectly>I can't remember the name of the N64 emu but it worked perfectly

>>508955990>lcd dot matix filter>CRTThe absolute state of trannyarch fags

>>508956241The Dolphin core is not where all the attention and energy goes to DESU pham. You're kinda pedantically nitpicking now. Dolphin is not considered an important RA core, and you should be perfectly capable of using RA for the thousands of other things it can do while just using something else for now for Gamecube. You seem kinda entitled and unable to comprehend that life is made of compromises and that monogamy is for the birds. You can use two programs at the same time and not seethe like a retarded autist about it, and just use both to their strengths.A lot in this thread are just autistically seething and reeing.

>>508936232Based

>emulatoingenjoy your freedom whiile you still can, criminal

Attached: D6DRzPGXoAACgwH.jpg (663x373, 62.6K)

>>508956795No it's not. You're wrong.

>>508956616Nah, it's quite obvious that they found the vulkan code on the 1996 secret nintendo 64 paper.

>>508957087>no uTypical low IQ argument well expected from a person who couldn't been able to get into retroarch.

>>508957063I only emulate games that I have ripped myself, which is legal. Thank you for your concern, though.

>>508956624But it is something that I'd have to deal with when using RA. I don't care if its their fault or not, I still have to deal with it. >>508956617I could understand for emulating games before 2000, if only for the feature that lets you eliminate input lag. In fact, that's the whole reason I checked out RA once. But the rest of it was such a pain in the ass to get configured, there really isn't a point when I already have most of this set up on my other emulators. Nice in concept, not worth it just to have maybe four-five emulators all in one place. At least on desktop.

>>508899761reee drama reee trannies reee i don't know how to use it it's too hard reeeee

>>508957063Go ahead, make emulators illegal.

Attached: Virtual_Console_logo_(Wii_U).png (815x371, 178.83K)

>>508956667> not really needed but the standalone beetle-psx emulator fork has itpost the link faggot. you keep pretending this exists but you don't post the link. and regardless, why the fuck would I ever use this if I can use retroarch? like what fucking 'benefit' is there to using some standalone trashware from random obscure tranny mcdick autist? I'd rather go with people I can trust and whose binaries aren't littered by russian malware.>>run-head frames>bsnes had this before RetroarchNow I know you're a liar, rewriting history too.RetroArch had this first. Byuu 'borrowed' it years later after initially pretending it was 'inaccurate' and 'full of hacks'.RetroArch has this in 2018, way before anybody else had. This cannot be disputed.

>>508957196No, please purchase the game again in the Nintendo E-Shop virtual console

>>508956929>nitpicking>i want this feature, and RA doesn't have it, so I'm not interestedFuck off

They really fucked up the parallel core recently. It's exactly the same as it used to be in terms of accuracy and compatibility only now it uses vulkan so it's significantly slower and you can't use hard sync. Check before you update retroarch cores, everybody! You might be shooting yourself in the foot, in fact often you will be.

>>508957364There's a Dolphin core but there's no maintainer for it. So if it sucks, it's because of that issue. No, people don't exist to serve you. Either become that magical maintainer yourself or fuck off. People don't work for you.

>>508957468The vulkanless multicore one is pretty darn fast.

>>508957468>it's significantly slowerSo you decided to hop online and just start lying?

>>508956753>do you just play games by yourself or something?what kind of stupid question is that?>what if you have multiple different kinds of controllers?stop sucking dick?>I have 360, gc, snes converter, xbone, and wiiu. dumb consoomer>Are you really telling me it's going to automatically configure ALL of that on the fly?YES IT IS, IF THEY ARE ALL PLUGGED IN FOR SOME REASON, WHICH WOULD BE PRETTY FUCKING AUTISTIC OF YOU TO HAVE>Do you have any idea how many people think you assign something by the button name instead of where the button is? I'm not dealing with that shit. Set up my own controls, save a profile, done.you are just making shit up, thanks for shitty bait, have sex incel

>>508957364I know you're too low IQ to understand this, but I'll attempt it anyway -'RA doesn't have it' You fail to understand what RetroArch even is. A 'libretro core' is a separate program that a libretro player (like RetroArch ) loads.If the Dolphin core 'sucks', that doesn't mean that RetroArch sucks. If a game like Last Of Us part 2 sucks, does that mean the PS4 sucks? Stop being a retard and understand how this works.

>try the dolphin core in RA>game runs at 5fps when my xbone controller is connected>try plugging in any other controller>game runs fineI mean, I was gonna use my pro controller anyway, but that's weirdest issue I've run into so far, could be something with W10 too I guess...

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 36.32K)

>>508899761I only use retroarch to play with the shaders. I use stand alone emulators for most things.

>>508957203Dolphin standalone being better than dolphin core doesn't make the entirety of retroarch redundant as you're insinuating, unless you only play gc/wii games.

>>508957535>stop lying, it does not have these features. i'll keep using standalone.>NITPICKY CHILD PEOPLE DON'T WORK TO SERVE YOUI think you need to relax, buddy. It's not like I said it's shit. All I said is I'm not interested, and stop acting like I'm demanding features. They can make it however they want, I just am not interested in it because it ismissingfeatures.

>>508957180No, your argument was just "you're wrong". You provided no argument at all. I actually use Retroarch on my Switch and it works pretty damn well on there, for the most part. So I know how to use it and how to configure it properly. It's not like it's difficult. But I don't use it on my PC, for good reason.>Dolphin core sucks ass>PS2 Emulation is terrible>Flycast still buggy with a lot of Dreamcast games>Parallel64 performance has suffered after recent updates

>retroarch shills constantly getting defensive anytime someone mentions a single thing they don't like about RAWhat's your fucking problem?

>>508957762I understand it's that the ones who develop RA do not develop the cores used. Still doesn't change that I'd have to deal with them if I use RA. Why is this so hard to understand?

>>508958205They have the same mindset as linuxfags. They UI design skills are the same, too.

How about Bizhawk?

>>508958382For TASers.

>>508958093>>PS2 Emulation is terribleThat's not RetroArch's fault. Play! is just still a very premature emulator after all this time in development. However, it has much better code quality and is available for far more platforms than PCSX2, so *when* it gets good, it should be better.PCSX2 is trash code and is only available for 32bit x86 PCs.>>Flycast still buggy with a lot of Dreamcast gamesComplete bullshit, it's by far the best Dreamcast emulator right now, eclipsing demul's performance while still being able to do WIndows CE emulation and arcade. Redream is 'pay-to-increase-resolution', doesn't have Naomi/arcade, doesn't have Windows CE. >>Parallel64 performance has suffered after recent updatesProve it. Because honestly, you're just plain lying or you're blaming some external factor for whatever 'drop' you perceive.

>>508958093>>Flycast still buggy with a lot of Dreamcast gamesUse OIT (Per-pixel transparency). Yes, it will increase GPU requirements. If you want accuracy, there is a cost.

>use retroarch for PSX, Snes, Nes, N64, GBA, and Dreamcast>Standalone for Wii, Wii U, DS, PS2 and PS3

Attached: 1588278986429.jpg (1280x1197, 200.22K)

>>508957750> IF THEY ARE ALL PLUGGED IN FOR SOME REASONYeah that's the issue, they aren't. I put my controllers away. Not interested in someone automatically setting up my controls.>you are just making shit up, thanks for shitty bait, have sex incellol

>>508899761>using the ultimate tranny software instead of using far more efficient and clean standalone installsWhat a fucking faggot I bet you also keep an "HTPC" in your living room you fucking queer.

>>508899761What's the point? I just download individual emulators when I want to play something from that console.

>>508958537>*when* it gets goodPlay is still as far behind PCSX2 now as it was a decade ago. Play will never ever be good.

>is a pain to navigate>doesn't even include all the emulators>ugly as sinIt's not worth my time. I'll stick to my folders method and freely use and update the emulators as I please. Retroarch is a gimped frontend for retards.

>>508923870>we want the "nintendo switch settings menu" audience

>>508958903>>508958986NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU MUST USE MY FRONT END THAT BUNDLES EVERYTHING TOGETHER THAT IS BASED

>>508958771>GOO GOO GAGA PLS BIG BRO PUT CONTROLA IN SOCKET NOOOO BRUDA DONT FUCK MY ANUS GOO GOO GAGA :(((((((((((((

>>508958903what's with the tranny accusations?

>>508959208I'll take the Switch menu over XMB any day of the week

>>508959336I'm gonna use Launchbox just to make autists like you mad, lmao

>>508959336t. trannyarch user

>>508959009That might be true, but PCSX2 devs show no willingness to improve their emulator. It's still 32bit only, there's still no Vulkan, and it's likely the emulator will just die if things go on like this. So, the only alternative is an emulator that might not be all there yet but actually has a solid codebase and is available for many platforms instead of just one like PCSX2. *Eventually* it will be better. And if it's not, it will not be. But at least they tried.Anyway, none of this is RetroArch's fault.

>>508958093>I don't use retroarch for PC because ps2 emulation is horrible and I can't input gecko codes intro dolphin coreOK retard.

>>508959661You can get they are grasping at straws when they have to pick the one or two cores that are obviously not meant for prime time.

>>508959639Factually untrue. New glitches are being resolved on PCSX2 every month. You may argue that it's slow but not that it's tagnant.

>>508899761I legitimately downloaded it today, but I almost immediately uninstalled it when I realize "Why do I even need this thing when I already have other emulators set up?"

Attached: 1572641429392.png (500x500, 85.89K)

>>508959965That's not improving anything. It's still stuck to 32bit computers which are slowly being pushed out of the marketplace (along with 32bit compatibility modes), it's still stuck on OpenGL which is a dead API. There is still no ARM support, etc.

>>508961070>(along with 32bit compatibility modes)Another lie.>it's still stuck on OpenGLOnly if you don't use Windows, which is a non-issue for 99% of people.>There is still no ARM supportSee above.

>>508961603That exact attitude is why PCSX2 is a bad emulator that is not future proof, while Play! is. Play has all those things (plus a Vulkan renderer) that PCSX2 still lacks to this day.It might not run every game yet and it might not have speedhacks for every game, but the architectural foundations are solid. Unlike PCSX2.

why are RA users in this thread sperging out so hard?

>love playing mame games with mame 2010>want to consolidate mame and other emulators>download retroarch>download mame 2010 core>runs like crap and isn't even fully featuredhow is this shit even legal

>>508961761Play has gone from "can play very few games" to "can play slightly more games" in the span of a decade.How sound it is internally makes no difference to end users. It can't play games, it will never be able to play games and it will never be a replacement for PCSX2.

>>508958759this

>>508961934Use the mainline MAME libretro core then, there are several MAME cores in RetroArch because MAME keeps getting slower over the years.

>>508962432the games that I want to play only work on 2010 and up

>>508903586>Then boot the Snes game on my phone later and have that synced state because it's cross platform.Retard here, how do I accomplish this?

>>508962059>Play has gone from "can play very few games" to "can play slightly more games" in the span of a decade.Welcome to High-Level Emulation.

Has anyone been able to get rollback netplay to work smoothly with anyone at least 100ms away from you? When I tried using it, no matter what retroarch version or core I used, something didn't work right. For example, the latest retroarch version ignores input delay and input delay range settings in the networking options tab.The best I got one of the older versions to do was to finally respect the options I changed such as input delay to smooth the rollbacking but the client always had an advantage where their game was smooth and the host was constantly rollbacking due to being ahead. I'm familiar with rollback networking but I can't read C or use C for shit nor work on huge libraries such as this so I can't see what the problems might be for myself. From the comments in the code it seems like they talked about clients being ahead or behind and smoothing this out but in practice I see no indications it works.

Attached: picture.png (850x1200, 1.16M)

>>508899761>Looks pretty in terms of UI design>Runs like shitNo thanks.

>>508962548There are only like 5/6 different MAME cores avialable in retroarch pham. Pick your fancy, you're spoiled for choice.

>>508963510Unless you're on Android, sadly.

i dislike retroarch's ui and the way it works. My other emulators work better and I've just gotten more used to them so no reason to switch to retroarch

>>508899761I just have a folder for each system on my desktop.It just works

>>508962678worked ok for me with snes9x, fb neo and genesis gx, other cores not so much

>>508964145I'm using compatible cores for rollback of course, snes9x. I know the other cores are not suitable for it.So it worked okay for you with someone far away(>100 ms), with minimal to no rollbacking? Do you know what retroarach version you used? I want to try it again.

Attached: 1589899652343.png (131x143, 32.36K)

>>508956815it also simulates the color bleeding and light generated by a crt, as well as the shape of a crt if you're interested in thatso yeah, it's perfect and basically you're a massive faggot

>>508899761Retroarch is shit for proper PC's. It's made for consoles and retropie that have no other options.

Until RetroArch's proper PC GUI is finished, I fucking refuse to use it.Its base UI is so fucking horrid I quit even trying to use their version of Mednafen.I'll use it once it's finished.

Attached: 1589969027989.gif (135x316, 773.59K)

>>508966593retarded opinion of a dum dum

>>508966649What's wrong with its current gui?

>>508966817The PS3 and Switch looking GUIs are annoying to use and I want one that I can properly use my mouse with like every other emulator.

>>508967106you're going to play all retroarch games with a controller, so gui that is tailored for a controller as well is perfectly reasonableif anything switching between mkb and a gamepad is what's truly cumbersome

>>508967351>take one hand off the controller to quickly type in the first 3 or 4 letters of a game>more cumbersome than needing to scroll through a list with hundreds of items

>>508967106like this?

Attached: 2tqPIqF.png (1282x752, 207.31K)

>>508966649It's made to be used with controller and comfy when you call quick menu. Though for setting things up convenient mouse interface is better.

>>508967536you add full romsets into a playlist? what are you, a retard?

>>508899761Was always too lazy to look into it, can retroarch rewind? That was the main feature I liked in ZSNES. Backspace was my mulligan button.