Friends that never came back

What was their name?How did you two meet?When was the last time they were online?Did you ever find out what happened to them?

Attached: CC.jpg (800x1211, 229.86K)

Sorry I forgot the password to my recovery email

>>507937070I desire friends but I'm boring and egoist and I'm mentally incapable of taking care of them and I always hurt them one way or another so might as well just anonymously shitpost on Holla Forums. You're all my friends I don't have to put any effort on.

Attached: 1585065083435.jpg (429x429, 17.54K)

>>507937070>only 3 months offlinefucking pussy faggot

>>507937070spiders have 8 eyesI don't care how 'stylized' he looks, these are basic elements

>>507939067I love you too user

>>507937070I thought it would cure my depression to get off my computer. I was extremely wrong. I left an entire friend group because of it.I feel so empty because of it. Don't know if any of them would even want me back.

>>507943768I'm sure they'd be happy to see you again.

>>507943768then get back on and reconnect with your homies, whats the problem?

>>507937070Mike.We met in Unreal 1 coop circa 2001.He died from cystic fibrosis. A transplant extended his life, but not by much. For over a decade i had no idea how sick he was, just that he was in a hospital a lot.he never said goodbye. I think he did that to save suffering. I miss games of CSS with him. He was really good with dualies.One day I plan to visit his grave in Canada to pay respects.

Attached: Screenshot_20200514-003505.jpg (1080x240, 28.5K)

>>507937070I've done this before. I played an mmo everyday for years and had a bunch of friends. I stopped playing suddenly, but I don't remember why. Probably busy with school or something. One day I randomly logged back in and had a really long message waiting for me from one of my best buddies that said that they really missed me but they were quitting the game. Unfortunately they didn't leave their xfire or steam name so I couldn't stay in touch. Felt pretty bad.

>>507939067Feeling this hard.My friends, my family, everyone I know, I constantly just neglect them and push them off even though I do genuinely like them for the most part. I'm just not capable of maintaining close relationships or being there in the way they want me to be on a consistent basis. For the longest time I thought I was lonely or that no one liked me. I wanted friends, a girlfriend, etc, but as time passes and opportunities to have those things come and go, it's, at the end of it all, entirely my fault for being broken I guess. I spend days at a time just completely isolated and alone not because I have nothing better to do but because I just can't sustain the relationships I have. I need immense amounts of alone time or I start to get fucked up.I hate it but at the same time it's who I am. I'll be that 40 year old boomer alone at the bar one day, not because my life has fallen apart or because I am sad, but because I just need to be alone.there was one time in my life that I DID actually have someone I liked to talk to on a daily basis and didn't completely drain me to interact with but she fucked me up really bad emotionally and was completely evil in the end.

Attached: 1476744223197.png (808x637, 132.61K)

>>507944106aim has been gone for 5 yearsI had one friend contact me last year and we've been catching up, but it doesn't seem like she still speaks to the larger group anymore. I've been to nervous to bring up the other guys because of bad blood, but talking to her again makes me want to try to look them up on face book. My early adult years revolved around them but my fucked up self esteem and abandonment issues made me push them all away for the sole reason that we were too close.Time has just made me miss them more, but I'm scared they'd want nothing to do with me at best. barely remember me at worst

>>507944260I'm so sorry for your loss user

>>507944260This shit hits hard.1996. Dude I met on mplayer for QCTF ended up being my best bros for a good five years. Quake, Duke, GTA 1&2, Quake 2, Starcraft, UT, Half-Life; we did it all over the years.Was a server admin for a startup that sold paintball guns, had a pretty nice setup in an office in NYC.>last online in AIM Instant Messenger & ICQ>9/10/2001

Attached: sad.png (344x372, 93.65K)

>>507937070Journey was basically designed to give you this feelI remember one guy. Just before the end of the level I was messing with the sing button a bit and he just began responding. Before long we were trying to make a melody out of this. In the end, I think we spent more than 5 minutes just making the most discordant shit in front of his big ass stone pillar.We finished the story together. In the credits they give you the PSN IDs of the guys you journeyed with. Neither of us contacted the other but I hope he still remembers is at vividly as I do.

Attached: Journey.jpg (1920x1080, 155.85K)

>>507944885Don't worry fren, some people just don't cut it for the social life, i used to actively try to go to parties, make friends and connection, get girls and i thought that would fix me, make me happier and feel like an alpha chad or something like that, but at the end of the day, having a gf and a lot of friends didn't make me feel any better, so i cut tie with a lot of them and live a loner life and i have never felt much better, sure it's good to have two or three friends but more than that and a gf just feel so cumbersome to me

>>507945218It's ok bro. Mike doesn't suffer anymore. I just wish I really knew what was happening before it got really bad. No use in worrying now but it still gets me sad now and then.

>Go my separate ways with an old friend years ago.>Look at my Steam friends list>They're still there, still active>Don't want to bust my way into their life uninvited.>Unsure if they'd even look back on me fondly.Sucks, man.

Attached: CutInMain_0_03_16.000-2_risultato.png (872x632, 100.13K)

>>507943179eh ,if there are styles without noses or with mouths that dissappear when the character isn't talking, i don't think i mind to much

>>507945727At least you were good to him and he was good to you and didn't backstabbed you when you needed the him the most (my specific case)

>>507937070>What was their name?Sam.>How did you two meet?Highschool.>When was the last time they were online?He's always online.>Did you ever find out what happened to them?According to a couple other friends after I graduated, apparently people spread a rumor that I was some school-shooting psychopath throughout senior year, and since I didn't have any classes with the guy during senior year I guess he ended up buying it. Dude hasn't answered any attempts at reconnection in the last three years. None of my friends have, honestly. I haven't spoken face-to-face with any of my peers in about two years.

Attached: sad_cat_2.jpg (640x640, 37K)

>>507945992betrayal is always the worst. I've seen it happen and to this day I'm not sure why people do it. Sorry it happened to you.

>>507946291That's ok user, guy is still alive but he's dead for me. I'm lucky enough to be able to surround me with much better people (which helps me as well because I'm a terrible human being)

>>507944885what did she do to you user

>>507944260If you don't mind me asking, where was he in Canada? Sorry for your loss, user

>stops playing vidya>turns tranny>roomate and mutual friend finds him hanging from a beam in the garageI'd only met him IRL once, but he was cool despite all the anime merchandise in his room.Good at rhythm games too, found that out when we hit the arcade.In retrospect, I should have seen the warning signs, but I probably couldn't have done much anyway.Fuck.

Attached: 1583216695370.png (299x355, 154.96K)

>>507946810the tranny epidemic never ceases to claim more victims

>>507937070i am that friendi forgot my password and haven't bothered trying to get it back for the past decade, sorry

I am that friendwent into the military and all my old friends were slowly turning into dangerhairs, figured I would just cut ties before anything bad happenedI don't regret it now because they're vocal extremists and one was arrested for assault going after a senator/blog

>>507937070Lost too many. Most were never really good friends to begin with and were just using me or something, or they stayed loyal to really fucking shitty people and never defended me when needed.I was really close to one when I was young, when ICQ was just starting. Met them through Diablo on Battle.net. Got close, should have realized something was wrong when they were gone for months, before coming back. I think it was something I did. I should have took an older friend's advice and realize this person was using me in the end. Also didn't help that about years later, when I learned to Google Image search, the result of this person's picture was of some amateur model who didn't live anywhere near where my "friend" claimed to have live. The birth dates didn't match up either.When they were gone for months, I hooked up with another girl through IRC, and she was closer to me. Only problem was she was this really abusive skateboard/snowboard punk boyfriend was controlling her a lot and she still had feelings for him, even after leaving him, and he was some weird ass stalker too. She dumped me, we argued, later on she wanted to hook back up, but I told her off, cause of how she fucked with me emotionally, and went back to the first mentioned person. I got a lot more to tell, but I'm too exhausted. I already dealt with another "friend" who was using me. Also, that 2000 character limit.>>507944260My condolences man.>>507944885>The spoilerI know that feel. It's hard to trust people when a lot of those types exist.>>507945279Goddammit.

>>507946738looks like Ontario is where he last lived.

>>507946226I'm sorry user. Shit sounds fucked up. If anything he sounds like he wouldn't be worth if anyway if he believed that and cut you out his life.

>>507946605>stalked me online>doxxed anyone I got too close with and posted their contact info, pictures, and irl name on 4chan>threatened my life many times>one time contacted a bunch of people i knew anonymously and told them to call the police because I was "committing suicide right now" because she thought it would be funny to get me put in the psych ward>i was not committing suicide i was watching bojack horseman season 2>gaslit me using sockpuppets by doing all of the above and telling me it wasn't her but someone else, instilling deep trust in me towards her because she would always act supportivethere's more specifics but they aren't interesting and there's a heaping of normal petty bullshit too.in the end though she was still the only person I've actually really enjoyed talking to and never got tired of. She was fucking nuts so chances are that nothing of her was genuine, but even if her entire personality was an act it was still the only personality, especially the only personality a girl has had, that I really meshed with and enjoyed every second of until I learned the truth.

Attached: 1563996283457.jpg (289x208, 15.26K)

>>507945968Send out a small message when there's something relevant to them going on, like if a new game releases or got announced of a series he was a fan of, or something similar.

Too many to count. I’ve removed like 80% of my steam friends list over the past 6 years. I don’t really play or talk with anyone anymore. I kinda prefer it but at the same time I miss having a big friend group to play with.I like to think one day I’ll start making new friends through a club or something, or maybe make some internet friends for the first time. But there’s just so many thoughts that stop me: I’m scared of jumping into new social settings, I don’t like having to maintain relationships especially when it feels obligatory and like the person is leeching my time, and mostly some people just turn out to be really annoying or batshit and it soils any desire of making new friends. I recently had one friend on discord who would start these really passive-aggressive arguments for no reason and fucking christ, some people are just not worth the effort of putting up with.It’s easier to deal with the loneliness of being a recluse than the stress of juggling and maintaining relationships.

>>507947585It's Alice, isn't it? One of them anyways.

>>507937070I don't really recall the last time someone abandoned me. I'm usually the one who abandons others.

>Real life friends abandon you

>FFXI>become close friends with a Catalonian girl from Spain over the course of 2 years>says she's going away to study in China to become a translater and never see her again>shortly after she disappears there's rumors she was catfishing the whole time and server transferred to get awayIt's weird going from having a close friendship like that and knowing so much detail about a person to being completely uncertain they ever existed.

>>507937070>What was their name?Zoe>How did you two meet?On a private WoW vanilla server. She was a really awesome healer who had some severe anxiety/depression going on in her life, so she mostly kept to herself. I think I talked to her once in voice, but other than that she was a total recluse. It was a mutual relationship between us though because I mained a prot warrior and we were always doing 5 mans together.>When was the last time they were online?It's been 3 years since I'm heard from her. I've tried multiple times reaching out, but she basically vanished.>Did you ever find out what happened to them?A part of me hopes she got over her slump in life and moved on from being a recluse, but I can't help but feel like she killed herself.

>>507937070So many. Too many. A couple I was in contact with only on dead platforms like xfire. They got busy with life and we stopped chatting and now that the platform itself is gone I just don't have any way to get back in contact with them. I don't even know if they'd still be interested in playing games anymore. They probably all have families now and too much shit on their plate. Some I know have actually died. That's kind of a shot in the gut. Some guys I'm pretty sure I probably knew better than members of their own family but you don't even want to reach out to send condolences because it just feels weird and awkward. Like you're just barely a step up from an imaginary friend even though you talked with them daily for years.

>Used to have about a group of 12 lads that we all played vidya together and hung out privately>Used to stay up late into the night chatting, drinking and exploring batshit circles of the internet, laughing at furfag and tumblr tier shit before everyone was really doing it>We held this group for about 3 years>There was one girl in the group that was there since the start, she was tolerable, would get quite emotional for little reason and sometimes just wouldn't play>At least she had the common courtesy of not making her problems our problems>She took a liking to one of the lads and they got together>He fucking flew out to Germany to meet her>We didn't hear from him for like 3 weeks, started to get concerned>Suddenly they announce that they're going to stay in Germany for a while>We thought "good for him! He's finally making it!", we were generally supportive>Couple months pass, they still play with us just not as regularly>He goes silent for another 2 weeks>He announced that they broke up, the girl never said anything afterwards>He had our sympathy for a short while as friends do>They didn't have any animosity, it just didn't work out and they both maturely decided to go their separate ways>We respected that and things went back the way they were just without the German chick.>For a whole three days... Until the same guy got with a different girl>Turned out he came over his previous relationship very quickly>She was a 'gamer girl' too, except unlike the last one she wasn't respectful whatsoever, she inserted herself into our group and started being a complete bitch to all the other lads just because we didn't really trust her at first>So much drama, so much bullshittery>She turned our good friend into a massive faggot too, he just wanted pussy and didn't dare disagree or stand up to her>Drama ensued and the group quickly fell apart because everyone was at eachother's throats all because of some manipulating bitch and her horny dog of a bf

I had one, his name was Dalton. He spoke with a shrill southern accent and was exactly the type of person you'd find cussing on the mic in a Call of Duty match on xbox. He went to juvenile detention and never heard much from him again.

Back when Battlefield 1 was new, I met this guy and we came an incredible pilot and gunner team. We were able to take on two to three other planes on our own. We got to this point where we barely needed to speak. I knew I could count on him to maneuver use and he knew trust me to take out other planes on our tail.Eventually he started to play more Friday the 13th, which I didn't enjoy as much, but still liked playing with him. Then he met a girl, and he completely blew me off. I loved him like a brother, and he threw me aside.I've been playing BF1 again, but I feel like just a half of a whole.

>>507947759no I've never known an Alice, her name was Nicole

I remember some kid, mid-teens when I was late teens/early 20s. Steam name of Bread. Don't remember how we met, or even what game we played. I just remembered we would talk a lot about life and school. Eventually he said he was trans and wanted to be Zoe rather than Zach. I tried to steer him off it politely.Later he ran away from home and I saw a news article about it with a photo. He was probably the skinniest person I've ever seen, clearly either malnourished or anorexic.He sent me that game Brothers, and I never played it. I felt bad about it, because he even asked me if I'd played it yet.Then one day he was gone.

>>507948552Huh, that's odd, it just reminded me of someone else I knew. I knew a Nicole in real life who was a massive whore and bitch as well. Stay away from Nicoles.

What was their names?Dale, Laura and JoeHow did you two meet?Played vidya together for a long time, eventually organized a camping trip as we were all pretty localWhen was the last time they were online?Just checked... 4 years...Did you ever find out what happened to them?Dale went on to become some sort of plant biologist, he was in college at the time and said he wanted to work at the seedbank in Svalbard (And probably be eaten by polar bears or freeze to death)Laura, no idea what happened with her, she was in a lesbian relationship to some bitch we didn't care about, I think she turned straight afterwards lmaoJoe went into some military branch, whether or not he got through basic training we'll never know.

>>507948372So many MMO guilds have died on me this way. It's all so predictable, yet it keeps happening. Attention whores ruin everything.

>>507937070I had a good friend on steam who passed away while we were playing games. The mother fucker never told me he suffered from epileptic seizures so I thought maybe something had come up and had to leave. I wake up the next day from a family member of his telling me he passed away. I'm glad I got to meet him once though.

>>507937070I've never made an online friend, I think I'm just too autistic for it.

>>507948817Fucking THISAnon's story is a familiar one, I was in a guild in LotRO for a while until some mid aged lonely catlady of a woman joined and turned it into some shithole full of other lonely catlady women that RPed like a fucking cult. We weren't even a RP guild, we just played the fucking game.Ultimately it made me leave that game, and good riddance, it's still up somehow, as a broken, unending cashgrab by Daybreak.

>>507948727You don't need to tell me twice, trust me on that one.Though honestly every once in a while I feel like I'd probably go back to the abuse and manipulation in a heartbeat if it meant finally having someone I like talking to in my life again.That venue isn't exactly open though even if I did get desperate enough. I blocked her on everything after a catastrophic fallout.

>>507948813Did laura ever give you the succ?

>>507937070I've never really had any friends that I could call them as friends.Sometimes I desire friends, sometimes I don't. And maybe that's because of my nature that prefers to be alone and be afraid of myself.Sometimes I would look at others and think that I could've been them. But as the time goes on, I eventually realise that I will never be like them because I'm not remotely interesting enough to even have friends, because I'm always afraid of myself.Most of the time, I always end up believing that they don't particularly hold me in the slightest regard and just consider me the lesser of them.So in the end, I sometimes show up on internet from time to time and make these so called "friends" and just disappear with the belief of them not regarding myself as a friend due to my nature and being boring.

Attached: 1588917811201.jpg (659x572, 113.96K)

>>507937070happened twice already and I still didn't ask them any contact info, maybe I should quit mmo for good

Attached: friend gave you all the items before quitting for good.jpg (742x946, 87.25K)

>forgot MapleStory log-in info>lost contact with a bunch of online friends I made on a Tales of BBS>MSN becoming Skype and then Discord showing up cut off the rest>find my Grand Chase info>it diedSorry for being boring and a shit friend.

Attached: uEhZ91e.jpg (1280x720, 67.86K)

Why don't you people just off yourselves? None of you is smart enough to mold their personality to actually live happily. Why live in pain? Just do it.

>>507949939>None of you isoh the irony

>>507937070In my life, I'm that friend. I have people I haven't talked to for so long, and only because I'm terrible at maintaining relationships. I just put off talking to them for a day, then another, and before I know it, I start to feel that it's too late now, there's no point in contacting them after so long. Before I know it, it's been a decade.I hope they're doing well.

>What was their name?Mivra>How did you two meet?WoW roleplay. I e-raped her and after that she'd send me nudes on the regular.>When was the last time they were online?10 years ago or so. A few weeks before she vanished she told me she loved me.>Did you ever find out what happened to them?Died due to some complications from the disease she had. Something with her heart.

>>507937070idk she was some mexican girlwe met on microvolts in a zombie matchidk x2

>>507943179some have a couple on the back of their head

Knew a girl from the philipines who send nudes to me out of fucking nowhere.Other than being a thirsty bitch all the time, didn't know her much.

neopaganx. Real name was Dean. Pretty sure we met because both of us were looking for people to do CoD zombies Easter eggs with on the 360. Ended up spending a lot of time playing together. One day he just stopped coming online. That was half a decade ago. Hope he's happy.

everyone.

>used to be friends in high school, had vidya interests>friend was really poor and had the same outcast niche that I had>his mom started got some big promotion>he slowly began to gain more pocket money and waste them away on unnecessary shit>changes school to the one where his mother works for easy time on graduation exams>after school, he moves away from videogames completely>turns into a hedonistic piece of shit normie who eats like a pig, gets shitfaced every friday and chases pussy>the last 5 times we met, all the themes to talk about were school memories and how cool his normalfag fuckery is>always pointed out how lame it is that I still have no gf or friends besides him while he supposedly fucks bitches and has fun >when he invites me on one of his parties one day, I agree to maybe meet someone new and change something in my life>the day it supposed to happen, he just tells me "yeah, there was a party, went pretty good. Yeah, maybe next time. Bye">stop contacting him afterwardsThx for reading my blog. When poorfags get a hold of money and no responsibility, it turns then into exceptional pieces of shit.

Attached: 1587579623851.png (960x710, 1.02M)

>>507937070I swear to god half of these artists would rather be novelists

Attached: hehehhooo.png (800x1211, 425.3K)

>>507949604Same I want a close connection like I see in TV shows and movies and animes but then I realise that becoming friends means that they will want to interact with you and for some reason the pressure of that keeps me from ever even adding someone online, let alone IRL. Its insane because I'm not even that nervous with people, its just the thought of having to keep up a relationship without letting them down that destroys me inside.

>>507943179idiot

>>507951713ahem

Attached: image.png (763x373, 284.6K)

>>507952345Autism aside, I think you need at least ONE panel thats not super verbose to pad the relationship a little. without that spider's cute face you just dont get the same emotional connection. The other stuff is just fluff

>>507952345PERFECTION

>>507952454behold>>507952437Ok autismo

Attached: image.png (763x375, 262.67K)

>>507952612>>507952345NINTENDOHIRE THISMAN

>>507952612Ok Ill admit it. I clapped.

>>507937070I was the friend that never came back.I realized I was nothing more than a hanger on to my online friend group. When everyone was online they were talking to each other and my comments would mostly go unnoticed. To see if anyone even wanted to talk to me I stopped posting in our group chat. After a month no one had attempted to contact me so I came crawling back. At first they all seemed happy to see me, but I knew that I was now a relic of the past living on borrowed time. Everyone had moved on to new things while I had remained unchanged.This caused me to start posting less and less until eventually I stopped posting altogether. I haven't had any contact with any of them in close to 3 years.I still look back on my memories of the early days of our friend group fondly. I never wanted those times to end, and ultimately because of that I got left behind.

Attached: 1563618254848.jpg (480x360, 7K)

>>507951713terrible, stop trying

>>507947215your friends were the cool ones

>>507947215>I murdered people for $40k a year because Senator Goldberg needed more oil money!yeah, dude. It was your friends that were the issue... lmao

>>507952165I feel the same here bro. Sometimes I just wonder if the effort is worth it when if they don't really acknowledge it.

>>507953404>>507952165>>507949604bunch of depressed faggots

There are people that think i'm legitimately dead because of how little I interact with the outside worldIt's better this way, i'm not fit to integrate into society as a whole and I don't really want to anyway

Attached: 1583977193773.gif (1000x811, 569.26K)

>>507953487Would you like to talk about who hurt you?

>>507953487I'm unironically not depressed. I think I just missed a key part of my social development while I was in school and now it's just too hard to change how I have lived my entire life.

>>507953531Nobody, that's why I have normal friendships and don't sit around on an anonymous Taiwanese pottery forum bitching about how oh the world will never understand how hard it is to maintain a friendshipFuck you, faggot. Go make some friends, you stupid sack of shit.>>507953580>it's just too hardOH BAWWWWBAWWWWIT'S SO HARD BROthere are people who lost limbs in war or got raped as children that are able to reintegrate and assume normal lives. And because you chose to act like a sperg and avoid people as a kid you're beyond hope, unlike them? Eat my fucking shit.

>>507937070I knew a bulgarian guy who just stopped playing anything for uni studies, the dude went to scotland too.I miss you dude, you were one of my first and only internet 'friend's. I miss the autism stuff we used to do togther on that server.

>>507953713Weird flex but okay, why are you on this thread user?

>>507953713You definitely got hurt lul

>>507953879>>507953818Okay, trannies. Have fun with your self-pity and wallowing. I'm gonna go fuck my girlfriend.

>>507954018Lmao you are so pathetic

>>507953713Because people have had it worse and changed means I have to change? Are you high or something? Plus you don't mention the people that went through traumatic experiences and then didnt recover and instead fell into alcoholism or drug abuse. It sounds like you are cherry picking out of rage and I dont really blame you. Im just posting about my situation because thats what this thread is for :D

Years ago I ghosted one of you because of how meme spouting the guy was and how he reminded me of the worst part of the site. Looking back I feel kinda bad but he had it coming.

Attached: 1564263529966.png (625x573, 380.54K)

>>507954312>>507954246Dilate.

>>507954846Pretty cringe user :D

Attached: 1585310481303.jpg (1008x1491, 603.14K)

>be in a phase of my life with no friends, no family, literally the most alone I had ever been>meet a bunch of online friends playing vidya>one of them is more friendly and personal than the others, takes some time to explain the game to me>we hang out one on one a lot whereas the others usually only hang out in groups together>we have the same interests, same love for art media, same tastes in them too>we joke about how we wish we could stop time and listen to every record made, watch every movie directed etc>at this point we talk everyday, support each other and generally pull one another upwards>about 5 years pass that way>then one day he starts to act a bit colder and distant>this goes on for a week or so and then he goes offline>for nine. fucking. months.>it crushes me, I still hang out with the others but we're nowhere near as close>they act like it's whatever, not really worried about him at all>I've sent him a few emails but didn't insist further>on the ninth month he logs back in>I instantly hit him up>he's incredibly cold, distant, takes hours to respond and when he does everything he says seems "forced>actually feels very wrong>I link him music and games that came out in his absence that I was sure he'd enjoy>he tells me he's not really interested in that anymore>don't understand at all>for the next two weeks he just plays dota all day, a game he used to hate and we'd trash, has no interest in anything else and ignores me>the few times he does he usually only interacts in platitudes or pun jokes that feel very forced>eventually he actually starts to become passive aggressive towards me>confront him, explaining how I felt>he literally answers a pun like a robot, and then adds "you used to be a person, what happened to you?">im beyond confused and realize what he said is exactly what i'm now thinking about him>have never talked to him again since, but I still see him sometimes play dota

Attached: 1390951273891.jpg (1024x639, 147.16K)

>>507937070What's the joke?

>>507937070>What was their name?Alps, around 2014 I think. >How did you two meet?A God Hand thread, he for some reason posted his steam account in a thread and I thought I'd add him, turned out we had a mutual friend and when he accepted the first thing he started to do was say that whatever the mutual friend said about him wasn't true, confused I just said I didn't know what he meant and he said to just forget about it. From there we just talked about stuff occasionally, mostly what vidya we were playing, anime we were watching and if we wanted to play something together.>When was the last time they were online?Shit, around 2017 maybe? Last I heard the dude started to teach in Korea and would be on steam randomly and if I caught him I'd talk to him. He was pretty popular it seems, when I said bye to him he responded around an hour later saying he's talking to like 4 people at the same time but he'll talk to me later for sure. >Did you ever find out what happened to them?Nah, he deleted his Steam or something and then vanished. We're still friends on MAL so he's still alive and updates his anime list from time to time. Haven't spoken to him though.

>made internet friends from 4chan>met them IRL>stay in contact for the last 7 years or so>they start to move forward in their lives, some leaving the friend group>meanwhile I'm still the same as I ever was

Attached: 1586603029743.png (624x500, 378.9K)

>>507956914All of us

>>507937070in like the 5th grade I met a girl who became my first best friend. she got me back into pokemon after I'd forgotten it for a while, but she ended up moving across the country after just like half a year. I never forgot about her, especially since we traded shittily "signed" pokemon cards on our last day of schoolsometimes I wonder if I'm autistic or something for still remembering, but I've always been pretty bad at making friends who were actually nice to me like that

Attached: 1589050090349.png (500x517, 117.25K)

I don't have much to say in this thread, sadly.My only advice is never online date.

Attached: 1560338754861.png (400x490, 253.28K)

>>507957112Same as it ever was Same as it ever was

Attached: 26271382-418F-408A-830B-FECC10832ED5.gif (250x188, 475.83K)

>>507944260>2007 days agoSpoopy

Attached: spoopy.jpg (195x50, 3.54K)

>>507949939Thanks user, was feeling really sad from reading these posts and this one made me laugh again. brb killing myself hahaha

>>507937070>What was their name?He had thousand, he still changes them every two seconds.>How did you two meet?Alice counseling threads on Holla Forums back in 2011>When was the last time they were online?Sometime around October last year>Did you ever find out what happened to them?He constantly deletes me after we spend a few months talking and playing daily together because he's a moody fag. We always end up talking again after months / years spent apart though. I really don't mind, I enjoy our time together and I'm okay with waiting. Oh boy we go back, it has been nearly 10 years since we know each other... Our lives got entangled in each other's in pretty amusing ways since then. We've been bad friends is so many different ways, I'm pretty sure I made him suffer quite a lot too. Shit's worth of a TV drama, seriously.Go to be Gon.

Attached: 972F1727-963C-4C16-AF1F-410DE83AC800.jpg (730x1024, 113.45K)

>>507947235>I already dealt with another "friend" who was using meoWo

>>507937070My friend passed away three months ago. We played games with each other since Cataclysm. The only reason I found out was because his mom went through his phone and called people to try to figure out what exactly happen. I fucking miss you bro. I wish my concerns about the drugs would finally snap you out of it, but it didn't. Fuck.

Attached: 1578187036058.jpg (720x780, 51.04K)

>>507951706What exactly did your friend do wrong?

>>507937070I played a lot of CoD MW3 but eventually my account got hacked and both my level and friendlist got deleted. I never met the people I played with again.

>>507947759Oh shit, someone else from Alice threads still here.

>>507937070>join a group>have fun with them for a month or two>leave to go look for another>get a message asking me to come back>tell them to fuck offPretty fun.

>>507948329>xfireShiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

>>507947793same, but I think I do it preemptively because I expect them to do it. I think it's some fucked up way of trying to maintain control and avoid rejection, ironic isn't it

>>507937070the funny part is that the spider would eat the fly IRL. very reminiscent of my past steam friendships.

>>507937070rayultima online, late 90's~4-5 years agodied from heroin overdose. fucked up his back at work, issued pain killers, got addicted. when they cut him off he resorted to heroin. left behind a wife and kid.

Ever since university i've been spending more time with my internet friends than my IRL friends. Literally every day we rock up to our voice channel and game into the late AM for years on end still to this day. Actually met up at PAX melbourne in 2019 and it was just as chaotic as online. Feels good knowing i made friends on the other side of the country.

Attached: wizard.jpg (750x816, 57.78K)

>>507956702That's fucking eerie. Reminds me of /x/ stories where people got skinwalker'd and behaved oddly

>>507939067>play Second Life for 13 years>shy as fuck so I decide to play the game to talk to people and work on my social anxiety>social anxiety follows me into SL and too shy to talk to most people>never made any true lasting friends>dated a literally insane tranny who spent the whole time complaining about being the concubine to her fat Mexican live in sugar daddy>was part of a certain community for awhile. had an acquaintance who was always friendly with me, but I'm too autistic to push the friendship further along because he's a literal boomer and we have almost nothing in common>went to a /vg/ meetup once. but all the cool people eventually disappeared for some reason or another.>spend most of my days now hanging out at random sex sims getting IMs from people who want to fuck me but none of them have any interest in actually being friends>generally just afraid to get closer to people because I'm paranoid and think I'll end up boring them or the pressure of maintaining the friendship is too much effort that it should be compared to normal peopleI'm logged into SL right now idling in a room full of strangers that I will never be friends with.

Attached: Snapshot_057.png (1600x1200, 1.48M)

That's me. I slowly became more dull and mean after becoming infatuated, but they got a relationship and I never got over it. And I dont think I ever will.

I miss Water's Steam Holla Forums chat circa 2009

Attached: b-but onii-chan, it's so big!.jpg (475x732, 63.5K)

>>507956702>you used to be a person, what happened to you?Spoopy

>>507937070I have a friend who was basically as socially fucked up as me. Met him on a Korean MMO. We were both so autistic that we ended up having serious online girlfriends in the game. We used to play all sorts of video games together. Fucking BC2 until 4am in the morning and shit. Eventually he decided to get his life together, he joined the army and I didn't have as much time to spend playing with him. He came back, got his life together, went back to school, had a job, got married and had a kid. Meanwhile I'm the same neet loser I was when I first met him in that Korean MMO years ago. Eventually I felt like I had no business playing video games with him until 4am, with him having a wife and kid and all. Plus I felt guilty that I promised him I'd get my life together too, and I couldn't keep that promise. He's still on my facebook, he's like one message away and I could go back to playing video games with him. But I just feel like I'd be really selfish to try to get things back to the way they were before now that he's in a much better place in his life.

>>507956702are you a tranny? serious question

>dude says he's had ENOUGH and the only way out is to delete Steam>actually deletes steam profile >no other way to contact himI hope you're not dead Gin/0x39 ;_;

>>507958718haha losername?

She was mentally unstable, but always great person to have around, always had fun together.She is still alive, but does not log in steam anymore and refuses to contact any of her friends.

I have never made any internet friends except one. We met playing a Korean MMO in 2000. Still play games online, never met IRL.

>>507956702bruh you're not alone.

Never leave me you sick fucking cunts because you're all that I have.

Attached: original.jpg (1280x720, 78.96K)

>>507960042We're not fucking going anywhere user faggot

I love my friend to death and I want to tell him but I'm too terrified. I'm lucky to have made such a good friendship online but I'm still too damn shy sometimes

>>507949604>So in the end, I sometimes show up on internet from time to time and make these so called "friends" and just disappear with the belief of them not regarding myself as a friend due to my nature and being boring.wow its like i made this post

>>507960348in a homo way or in a not homo way?If homo, don't tell him. If not homo, do.

>>507956702Sure he didn't just get his account hacked or something? Russians and chinks love their dota after all. Maybe he is already dead and the guy you've been talking is just some random dude.

Left me to chase a scamming drug dealer, lol. Wasn't interested in her sexually or romantically at all by the way, I just wanted to be friends. She claims she was "forbidden" from talking to me by her BF. She gets broken up with and hasn't contacted me in months despite me trying to contact her earlier. So, yeah. Women.

>>507952165I want a close connection like I see in TV shows and moviesFuck my life>had a friend from 2nd grade>always thought of him as my best friend>my mom and his mom were co-workers so our families were kinda close>even though we basically grew up together we didn't have that relationship where we were close enough to really talk about our feelings and our hopes and fears and shit>our relationship was basically dudebros who gave each other shit and didn't talk about our feelings because feelings are for faggos>later on realize that even though I saw him as my best friend, he had other much closer friends than me>always figured that boys just weren't really emotionally close like they are in some movies>one day in high school hanging out in a hallway waiting for my class to start and see two guys just having a heart to heart talk about their feelings>immediately get insanely jealous that I never had that before, not with my best friend or the two other friends I grew up withI don't know, maybe I was just shitting in choosing friends cause I was a dumb kid.

>>507960448not homo mostly

>>507960873Then just tell him in a not homo way

I've tried to make some friends here, in random games and from some LFG forums but I just can't keep up with online friends. I almost always end up deleting them after a day or two.as for the question, I miss a dude from the early-ish ps3 years. Left when the ps4 released and I think he just lost access to his account or something but I used to play with him almosst everyday. I also did the same to another dude, really experienced payday 2 player who carried me everywhere when I was starting out. The guy was mature af and was the nicest person I've ever met online

>>507945968Same here. His profile is also private and I've never got to know his real life name.

>>507960873You can love a male friend like a brother, user.

tilted, I miss you man. playing minecraft for hours just chatting.

Met him 10 years ago in wow RP and fucking around, funny dude with the same interests like me Night elf Erp lesbian/futa with heavy bondage elements the times we had together, the stories we made improved by the week. then we learnt we both came from the same country... and the same town no less, one in a million chance.. real life things caused us to spend less time together but we would hit up at times and play the game and fuck around literally we kept in contact in game and old skype before it became a shitty service although i had to nuke my skype acc due to it being hacked because i was fucking retarded so all we had left was wow character friend list. we never added battletags since battletags where kinda new and we figured we didnt need it.. then we began to see each other less and less.. but when we did it was like heaven all over again, our dynamic and teasing gameplay and erp was 10/10, it was clear we had some real life feelings growing for both of us but alas when i saw him the last time he told me he was kinda fed up with fucking wow. i was too to be honest. asked if we where to exchange Btags to keep in touch to keep developing.. and the retard that i was had cold feet and not sure of myself and feelings, liking boys is gay etc etc...so we parted on good grounds but i still regret it to this day and yeah i know i'm a fucking faget but atleast ive come to terms with that now [spolier]

>>507956702Fucking hell, that's absolutely awful

>>507937070>meet a guy on SCP: Secret Laboratory one night>we just dick around roleplaying and having fun instead of playing the game for hours>he logs out>his name was Gorilla and there's hundreds of accounts with that name, cant find him>run across him again some time later, same game>just doesn't seem interested in adding me despite recognizing meSome people just don't want to add just anyone to their friends list I guess and that's alright but dammit he was a cool guy and there's not a lot of fun people on that game anymore>name was migzthedark or something>meet on Runescape 2 like 12-15 years ago>not super close or anything but we chatted enough>last time we talked he was doing courses to join the marines>haven't seen him online in like 10 yearsHe probably just got bored with the game and moved on in life, but I hope he's doing alright and not dead

>>507937070>best friends with him from middle school onwards>play vidya all the time with each other>he starts dating my childhood friend i love>he stops playing vidya and stops talking to meat least theyre married now and have two kids, didnt go to the wedding cause i wasnt invited but i heard from a mutual friend theyre happy

>>507950079This is exactly what I'm taking about. You're just won't about how you think of others in relation to yourself. Being afraid of not being appreciated you despise others first, to avoid rejection. It's time to grow up, everyone has flaws.

>>507963319Stop breathing.

>After getting banned for calling out a discord tranny, me and my 2 friend IRL made our discord to just play>other guys from that same discord joined us>we're all having fun>when i lose i get mad and insult some of them>they laugh it off>after i calmed down like a retard i apologizeHow the fuck do i stop being so petty at vidya? I don't want to lose these guys, they've been helping a lot now that we're in locodown and they're all pretty fun (even one that's just a massive weeb and yesterday i sent him the pic with the anime girl running and losing her legs to flip him off)

>Friend from back in the Halo 3 days>Fucking hilariousdude he was>We played non-stop together for years>Gets a job like five years ago>Over the months and months he starts slowly coming online less and less>Ask if he's okay>"Yeah, I'm just really tired after work, sorry I'll play for sure another time">Got to the point he wasn't even online for months>Get worried because I know he has medically diagnosed depression and is on pills>Comes online every so often so I at least know he isn't dead>Was hoping the Halo MCC on PC would bring him back>He plays it for maybe a week and goes offline again

Attached: 1572227080205.gif (602x476, 88.63K)

>make a bunch of friends in University>We all move to separate locations>Still keep in touch playing video games>A couple years pass>Everyone has jobs, we get relationships, others make new IRL friends and the group disintegrates>I live in the middle of nowhere, there's no one at my job that's within 10 years of my age, nor interested in Vidya or /tg/ stuff>When any of them come online now it's usually to play LoL which I can't stand playingI guess that's that then, a life of solitude awaits.

Attached: 1589186268371.jpg (964x964, 103.27K)

>>507963306bro i want to relate but... that's just sad cuckery. Double so

>Couple years older than my friend groups>Got married and had a kid recently>Sure life has changed but I'm still happy to game or play some d&d>They subconsciously push me away because they're still in their immature mindset>I guess I remind them that we all grow upThe isolation is real. In the end all you've got is the family you create.

Attached: 1583748303266.png (1816x2446, 283.28K)

>>507963693How do people go about making friends in university or at all? I'm in my second year and have barely spoken to anyone beyond the bare minimum required for group work, maybe I'm just too autistic.

>>507964026You were supposed to make friends through the first semester because everyone is new and in the same situation as you, now all of them have a year of experiences together, it's not too late but you'll have to adjust yourself to the already formed groups.

>>507937070Never gonna forget my nigga. Even though we’ve done nothing but play mind games with each other going on six years now. One day, we will stop these games and be normal again. I’m sure.

We were best friends at university, played together all the time, lived together for two years. Then after graduation, she went home for summer and she just dropped off everyone's radar. I think between us we all heard from her maybe once over the next year, and never again since.Her only friends on steam anymore are me and two other friends from university; the others all gradually unfriended her over the years.I hope she's okay, but Id never find out if she wasn't anyway.

Attached: skye.png (202x51, 6.71K)

>>507963995In the middle you've got the family you create. Later the kids move out, the wife leaves you and you're alone with your dog.

>>507964551That's rough. It's aggravating when people you're on good terms with disappear and you carry that missing blank with you for the rest of your life.

>>507964026>and have barely spoken to anyoneThis is why. Just talk to your classmates and stuff.Alternatively, join a club that's based on something you're interested in. Or just go to the community/faculty events.

>never had any online friends like this because I'm too antisocial even onlinehow the fuck do I fix this?

>>507937070I never built strong male friendships. Did have some online pals, but I don't find myself missing any of those and thinking back I didn't consider them that important. In retrospect, what I usually did was have a confusingly pseudo-flirtatious relationship with some girl where we would talk a lot longer, a lot more intimately and sometimes a lot more ambiguously sexually than what was acceptable for somebody with a girlfriend. I'd never cross certain lines but if the same was done to me? I'd definitely consider it cheating. Anyway after a while those kind of relationships go cold because there's a limit on how much you can stretch sexual anticipation. What's weirdest is I'm not attractive by any measure, so it's just I'm apparently good at communicating online in that way when the occasion presents itself.

Attached: starring.png (718x691, 979.5K)

>>507963306Sounds like the guy never really was your friend if he traded friendship for pussy doubly so if you were already gunning at that girl.

Attached: 1314616620777.png (652x656, 14.58K)

>>507937070Never had any. Real life friends keep in contact but they don't really play PC so their accounts are offline. Friends I do play with - clan mates and others - are pretty solid so I don't really want any gamer friends. The real pain right now is no gf

>>507937070There was a girl I really liked back when I played RO like 15 years ago.She was always fun to be around and from what I remembered she liked me as well.I had no romantic feelings for her or anything but she was like that tomboy friend that cared about you.It took me years to find out what happened.She got hit by a drunken driver and died on the way to the hospital.

>>507965870>Been in multiple long term relationships (5 relationships each 1 to 3 years)>Start off great, lots of sex and good times. Go out places, trying new activities, etc.>Spend less time with other friends and more time with gf>Over time their bad habits start to grind on me>They aren't interested in anything other than sitting around watching Netflix>They complain incessantly about their jobs or social lives, never saying anything about the good parts of their day>Rarely have any interests, can't even watch a TV show without scrolling through their phone and missing most of the plot>Not bothered to pick up games they'd like because "I don't know how much is play this $20 game" despite paying over $100 on makeup they don't use>Would now rather just be left alone to jerk off to big fat anime tiddies and play games than bother with the companionship>Once we break up just start to feel a hole in my life and a lack of intimacy that drives me into another relationshipMaybe I'm the problem.I just want a gf who understands or plays Vidya but most girls just have a fleeting interest because it's vaguely popular and they see references to it in their tik toks.You'll likely lose some gaming friends once you get a gf

Attached: 1589106812729.png (1266x685, 126.83K)

>>507937070i miss my bro N1GgrSLAyr everyday

>>507937070I really want to fuck that spider

I've only had this happen once and it was super weird, I had this friend who I met in a videogame (The Specialists) about 17 years ago and we'd chatted every day or there abouts for AGES then we got distant when he founded a company around a videogame server he ran and was making insane fucking money we eventually caught back up recently and chatter a bit then one day he went black on fucking EVERYTHING. Discord, Epic, Steam, Uplay all the usual chat avenues we used because we played tons of games together. just fucking vanished.

>>507937070

Attached: rip2.jpg (296x57, 3.81K)

>>507967407I knew a sKILLsNtrIGGERS.That guy was based.

Attached: 1587176945313.png (603x448, 288.27K)

>>507965127Yeah, pretty much.I was pretty torn up about it back then, but it's been a long few years.These days I'm more just hoping she's alright.

I actually contacted my long time friend of 7++ years again just last month, after almost 2 years of not speaking with each other.We started playing Borderlands 3 and stuff has been great.Try it anons, it's never too late.

Attached: 1589436523370.png (734x557, 418.04K)

The end of gaming forums was catastrophic when it comes to such stories.You will never know how depressing it can be unless you go back to a big gaming forum killed by reddit, twitter and that kinda cancer. It literally feels like going to the graveyard.

This thread is full of feels.Time washes everything away.

Attached: 1589168028648.jpg (866x1200, 92.24K)

>>507968367and in time, this thread too will be washed away.

>>507967049sounds like you're lazy and just settle for shithead roasties one after another, being driven into a relationship for your own selfish reasons, you should want to be with someone for them not for your own lacking intimacy or whatever, that's some lame shit get your head out of your ass if you really want to find someone goodif you're pissed off because you don't share interests that's also some lame shit you both should have nurtured some common grounds between you, good relationships take more effort than people seem to realise nowadayst. been with my woman happily for almost 10 years

>>507968068It feels like modern archaeology. You can get the same feeling looking for tips on 6th gen games, seeing forum posts actually asking for strategies instead of regurgitating memes, walkthroughs with ASCII art cover pages, etc.

>>507968446Then why even bother to begin with?I know why, that's just how life works.

>>507943179I'm certain you have autism

Died in Iraq.

Attached: 2020-05-14-085145_224x59_scrot.png (224x59, 12.32K)

Most of the people I still have contacts with are my HS classmates. One of them passed away.But most of them don't play vidya so I dunno if this is valid for the thread.

>>507937070I don’t fucking get it, did the fly get murdered by a spider?

George add me on steam

>>507969138flies only live up to a month

>>507943179Fuck's this then?

Attached: Jumping_spider_eyes_1[1].jpg (2700x1643, 2.15M)

>>507937070>lebannen_>In the nofap chatroom. There were 5 of us there and we all happened to be the same age so we became real good friends. Till is broke off slowly some years later. Good times.>April 2017He was quite suicidal then one day he never logged back on. His life was beginning to go to shit also, sometimes didn't have money for food. I still check his profile every one in a while to see if he logged on recently. we played dota together for years.

>>507969545>nofap chatroom

Attached: 1500691317429.png (359x393, 111.52K)

>>507969729I was 19

I met a cool guy when I was younger from 4chan. He was pretty gay but chill. Now I'm not a faggot but I guess I was questioning back at the time and occasionally sent him nudes and pics of me crossdressing so he could masturbate to. In the end he vanished after like one year or something. What are the odds my dick is already all over the internet?

>>507937070I tried finding a new group but then came back to my first proper group. True we may have differences and heated arguments but when we do click its fantastic.I tried a /vg/ discord once and it was just meme spouting being negative at everything all the time shit.

>>507970241>What are the odds my dick is already all over the internet?Share a pic and we'll tell if we've seen it before.

>>507968497I don't know if I'd say I'm lazy, but I can't deny I'm selfish. The relationships always start with common interests though. Theres often even some back-and-forth on some hobbies. Maybe shared interest in certain genres of music, maybe movies and shows, etc. Hell, one girl I dated even liked to paint Games Workshop figuresThey act excited to do the things with you. You go to concerts together, you binge some shows. Then it turns out the interests were skin deep. They only really like a couple of bands from that genre you both like and dismiss everything else as crap without wanting to explore anything else. They aren't bothered watching new shows with you and would rather just go on their phone while rewatching Friends or The Office. They loved playing N64 games as a kid but they get frustrated that here bad at games now and don't want to put in the time to get into games. The only miniatures they painted were a couple lord of the rings figures in highschool and the "I'd love to try it again" slowly becomes the "I'm not really in the mood" then the "that's not my thing".

>>507970592smooth moves user

>Never make close connections with anyone online, merely acquaintances>Still able to laugh, hang around with people, make jokes, discuss stuff we find interesting, play online together but always have the option to bail if things get too weird or they pretend you're their therapist>On the rare occasions I need to vent I just hang out with my close IRL friends, my family or just go and tire myself out doing sportsYou fucking zoomers and millenials need to severely detach yourselves from your online personas, ya bunch of losers.t. zoomber.

Attached: 3255546.gif (245x188, 228.94K)

>Doing gamedev>small community of players>participate in the competitive scene that the game had>our team is pretty good. I wind up nerfing the class I played because it was too strong>new person joins the IRC. a mutual of one of my teammates>we hit it off>turns out both of them are in the same city as me>try to arrange to meet up for arcade diving or something>both of them ghost meshit still stings, man. It's been 11 years and I still don't know if it was because I was coming on too strong or something.

>>507971660how often did you ask? that seems like a common effect (asking people you find out live in your city to hang) and they're odd for bailing on you for merely inquiring

I try not to get too attached to online people, though I do enjoy my times with them, I find communicating online a lot tougher than real life. I miss a lot of WoW RPers, one named Pelli-something said they were going to school or whatever for half a year or so and would have no WoW access, but they never logged back on, that was about 2016 or so I think. I don't want to get that shitty bnet launcher up again to look at the others I can't remember so I'll leave it at that.

>>507970958Nah us Monster-sipping 30boomers were way worse for e-friend bullshit I think

>>507953007>When everyone was online they were talking to each other and my comments would mostly go unnoticedThis reminds me of the two online friends that I had way back, they would mostly ignore me and talk about Nintendo vidya. I love Nintendo games myself but I was really annoyed by how much they only talked about Nintendo stuff.Out of all the Nintendo games they talked the most about kerfuffle. Non-stop discussions about leaks, theories and so on. It happened every day and the discussions would last for hours (smash fans are one of the most autistic vidya fanbases and that really is saying something).In the end I ditched them since they often ignored me and also talked about the same few games (smash bros most of all). I actually met them through Holla Forums, so if the two of you are out there (wizardofquad and the other guy whose nick I forgot) I hope you fags are doing well and also that you grew out of the nintendo obsession phase

>>507950259>she

>Meet someone through some friends>We play the fuck out of CSGO, they help me get good>We all split off, still keep in contact a bit with a few of them>One loved rhythm games>Told me about his heart condition>I always joked and said dont play CSGO>He was alright, kind of quiet>I get busy with life>A few years pass and I see him online on steam>"Hey man been a while!">They reply>"Hey this is Josh's brother, I inherited this account from him.">.... My heart skips a beat>I asked what happened>"Suicide">My heart sank as I looked through his profile and I see tons of RIP messages>His old discord account is still on my discord serverFeels bad man. I wanted to meet him.