is a picture showing off just about every kind of alien humanity really believes exists irl...

strawpoll.me/20022230This is a picture showing off just about every kind of alien humanity really believes exists irl. What does Holla Forums believe is out there?

Attached: exo.jpg (9288x1784, 2.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UjtOGPJ0URMI
archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/23073714/https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/22739046/
google.com/amp/s/www.sciencealert.com/scientists-find-the-first-animal-that-doesn-t-need-oxygen-to-survive/amp
astronomy.swin.edu.au/cosmos/A/Asymmetrical GalaxiesEducate
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>507606792>low-effort furfag garbage is "much more advanced" sapient lifeforms

There could be all kinds of life out there but anything sufficiently advanced enough to achieve space travel on it's own needs sapience, intelligent communication, complex graspers, and eyes at the absolute minimum. Four limbs, an upright torso, and a head would also be unsurprising. Anything else is up for grabs.

>>507607025>ignores all the other stupid shit to fart about "fur" or whatever he wants to call itcringe>>507607470>convergent evolution based

>>507607861>>convergent evolutionThat's hardly even convergent evolution, it's just common sense.>can't care about anything beyond instinct without sapience>can't build proper societies without intelligent communication>can't build tools without complex graspers>can't even see the sky without eyes>can't even look up without a neck

>>507607025agreedway to ruin choice A, a furry made this thread.

>>507608634It's common sense yes, glad we agree on that much

>>507609001>ruined because someone farted about some fedora memewow

Attached: BF87AECD-CB10-4CDD-8086-D01FCF4184BB.jpg (570x587, 39.62K)

>>507607470>anything sufficiently advanced enough to achieve space travel on it's own needs sapience, intelligent communication, complex graspers, and eyes at the absolute minimum.or it could be a gelatinous creature with pseudo-pods and sticky membranes that has hive intelligence like ants that over thousands of years of evolution arrived at technology instead of just dirt tunnels

>>507606792I voted GFermi Paradox, bitch!Universe is old enough that someone should have explored it by now and united everything, built those fucking FTL phase gates, left beacons emitting shit, all of that bullshitBut noWe are alone, or space travel at that distance is improbable and impossibleAt best, probes from other civilizations will drop on long dead barren planets that used to support life before everything died

>>507606792E and Faliens are just the modern manifestation of medieval fairies, the phenomenons share too many similarities to not be linked (fairy circles, abductions of people and cattle, "little green men", missing time etc)

>>507606792assuming the reason we've yet to see any other aliens is because the conditions for life are incredibly specific, the aliens likely would be similar humanoids since the situations for evolution are slimotherwise i assume they'd be like E or a different H category as completely bizarre, abstract beings due to their world's conditions being starkly different from us to yeild sapient beings that don't look us. they'd probably be some crazy bullshit we'd have difficulty understanding.if you wanna get really batshit tinfoil hat area, i think the anchient depictions of deities with the bizarre shapes and beaming light appearances actually were the fucking aliens and the retard monkies they've been visiting over the years just assumed they were gods instead of ayylmaos. but those have the range of nearly everything on this list. its possible this fucking hellhole of a rock was essentially an alien playground and all the different species fucked around with us until they space nuked eachother into nonresistance.but i love little green cartoon aliens so i pick B

Attached: ayylmao.gif (327x487, 3.34M)

>>507609713I dont think any of that violates what I said, as long as its graspers are capable of fine manipulation.

>>507606792H, but we'd be lucky if they're C. For all we know they won't even be carbon-based life, they could be silicon like a xenomorph. They wouldn't have to be symmetrical, we assume they would be. We assume they would have legs, we assume they would think like us. They'd be fucking terrifying.

>>507606792Its G, life in the universe is already rare and intelligent life is even more rare. If there are aliens they are probably something like Xenomorphs or the bugs from Starship Troopers.

>>507611169>They wouldn't have to be symmetrical, we assume they would beThey dont have to be but nature seems to like symmetry.

>>507611542Nature on earth. We assume what works here works everywhere.

>>507611634Yes, there's a pretty wide variety of nature on Earth and almost all of it is symmetrical. What are your ideas about environments in which asymmetry would be more valuable?

A is just D with scalies and furries

>>507611634symmetry is quite literally the vaguest you could get saying aliens aren't even symmetrical is madnessit is or it isn't, and 99.9% of all life follows some form of symmetry and consistently

>>507606792Which ever one I can safely stick my dick in.

>>507611887NoB and F are closer to D

Literally all of the above.The universe is physically too massive to essentially not include every single type of lifeform.

>>507611874I don't know. I know that I don't know. We assume everything would work like our single planet in the entire galaxy. The hubris of assuming we're representative of everything is insane.>>507611910Environments too alien to imagine. High gravity planets that dictate that things grow flat and have appendages on every side for different purposes.

>>507606792it'd suck if we're the smartest thing in the universe

>>507609001>>507607025I thought that was the joke, though. Like no shit, A is furries.

>>507612321From the description?

>>507612092>I don't know. I know that I don't knowWell I sure am glad that you entered the conversation to add absolutely nothing. Where would science be without your profound wisdom and reasoning?

>>507613641In the fucking gutter

>>507612178yeah

>>507612178It would, but at the same time it'd be worrying if we're not.

>>507615069Not really, we need help

>>507615468And being intelligent doesn't neccesarily mean they'll give us that help, or do anything but wipe us out.

>>507613641>Where would science be on reddit where it belongs

>>507606792Aliens (flora and fauna) is much more "easier" to happen than actual intelligent beings. But the probability is infamous, even with a exo-planet.In case of intelligent life, to me it's just impossible, the turning point between monkeys into sentience was so random that it can't even be replicated without following a formula. I think it's easier for a monkey to type into a typewriter Hamlet than another intelligent type creature evolve.Also, there is the theory of the great filter that obliterates any hope of a life outside earth and our time is coming.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtOGPJ0URMI would vote in C due to being easier to happen. D, E and F are retarded.

Attached: 1589067221254.gif (270x480, 3.13M)

>>507606792Why is there no option for the aliens being unintelligent microbiological life or only sentient animals?That is statistically far more likely.

>>507615809If they were bad I could guarantee you we wouldn't be here

>>507616263Space is big user. There could be a million such species in the galaxy and none of them would be likely to find us, and even if they all had a magical sentient tracker and started hunting humanity down from it's inception we'll still be long long dead before they arive.

>>507606792they aren't green

Attached: chuck2.jpg (1285x903, 141.42K)

>>507606792Wow I'm the only person who chose E

>>507606792>5 people chose DThis is ironic right? No other board has done this>>507617137This is a surprise, E was like a hard second on another board

>>507617137Yes, because it's super retarded. Do you want to see a "crazy entity of pure energy", look no further than the sun and tell me that shit is sentient.Only a "spiritual" person would be this dumb.

>>507616653Space IS big but the number of habitable planets are extremely low. Earth is an incredibly rare fluke of different events all forming the best possible conditions for life, and humanity is a fluke of that. Just imagine if the dinosaurs had never been wiped out for example. All it takes is one thing to be different and humanity might not be here today.Take this fact that our life is already statistically improbable and you are incredibly unlikely to find anything similar anywhere else. The conditions of earth probably doesn't exist anywhere due to it also being determined by its proximity to the sun AND having a moon shielding it from impacts. When you actually know how many things had to fall out favourably for humans to come to be, it almost lends credit to the idea that some omnipotent being making the cards fall in our favor.So apart from living conditions that is an incredible bitch to replicate, it's also assumed that aliens would be far older than us and thus more technologically advanced. Our own advances in technology is all down to earth being so abundant with minerals and metals, unlike any other planet we know of. Again we've had the optimal conditions for our technology research, whereas any planet not as gifted as earth would likely mean slower development in most areas.In the end, believing in aliens is just as unlikely as belief in gods or ghosts, although microorganisms like bacteria could obviously exist on other planets which aren't suitable for habitation by anything else. That's the alien life we're most likely to encounter.

>>507617505Anon did you read the reply chain in the slightest? I'm not arguing that space is big so aliens must exist I said that even if they did they'll never encounter or discover us in any way shape or form.

>>507617430Nah, alien life is likely to be something we wouldn't even recognize as life. Our definition is narrow based on our own experience. Alien life could be 4- or 5-dimensional. It could operate on properties of physics we aren't even aware of.

>>507617505>Just imagine if the dinosaurs had never been wiped out for example.Then the troodons would likely be walking this EarthPic related is an scientist/artist's rendition of what a sapient troodon would look like if they were given the chance to continue evolving

Attached: 44C1BAE9-4584-4F81-872B-71212A922B7A.jpg (500x333, 30.36K)

>>507613641>to add absolutely nothingNot true in the slightest, you're being obtuse. Use your imagination. Planets don't have to be like earth. It could be a gas giant where everything might be giant space amoebas floating around. Maybe the entire planet itself is a gestalt consciousness like in Solaris. Maybe something exists understanding time and space completely different than us and we can't communicate with it properly because it has no sense of time. They may not even be carbon based, they may not need water, or oxygen to breathe. There are too many variables on earth alone to explain why life evolved the way it did, why would we assume another planet took the same paths ours did? What if red algae made it to land before the green algae did? The dinosaurs not going extinct? Too many variables. Magnify that to a scale of the entire universe. We can't know, we can only assume, and we can only assume based on what we know on earth, which is infinitesimally small in the grand scale of things.>>507613641>Where would science be without your profound wisdom and reasoning?Nowhere good that's for sure. You need to use your brain and think things out.

Attached: Представник_Великої_Раси.jpg (744x1024, 532.09K)

>>507617776>ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE BRO!!!brainlet larping as a galaxybrain

>>507618036So you're a moron. Good to know.

>>507617875>likely>rendition>were

>>507617505Have you heard of reptilians and lyrans?You may find their stories interesting

>>507617990Imagination is all well and good and one should obviously be open to things beyond one's understanding. But one also needs a baseline to hypothesize from and dismissing that baseline because "we don't know" is utterly asinine.

>>507618495>lyrans

Attached: lyrans.png (750x600, 662.68K)

>>507606792If you don't choose F you need to do some fucking research

>>507618756>one also needs a baseline to hypothesize fromThat takes more than just making a monster or a blue human and calling them aliens. You need to figure out what kind of planet would support life, from mass, size, gravity, moons, atmosphere, weather, land, airborne, or aquatic. You need to logic out the entire planet before you can figure out what kind of life would come from it. I'm saying you can't be lazy and just say "oh it's an alien with two arms and two legs." Why would it have those? It needs to all be thought out.

>>507617776The user above said some good stuff about "alien life is likely to be something we wouldn't even recognize as life" >>507617505> Earth is an incredibly rare fluke of different events all forming the best possible conditions for life, and humanity is a fluke of that.Saying shit like "something beyond" can be used to justify any shit, including God. Just look at all we see and achieved on earth. Life forms come from very complex amino acid formations that somehow turned into protein and this is just one fluke, from proteins to DNA, to cells with mitochondria, is just so fucking rare that we can't even replicate the creation an of DNA.And I'm not even talking about the purpose of the DNA that has nothing to do with being "beans of light". Energy isn't matter, it's "ephemeral" and in constant transformation, there is no point or possibility of energy becoming anything close to life, it's like thinking gravity could be alive.You are just spitting garbage because your "humans only know from their experience" is based on your ignorance adjacent to what we already know. Go study Biogenesis, fundamentals of physics to at least have high school base knowledge of the universe.

Attached: 1588361941623.jpg (800x751, 51.52K)

>>507618796What? No lyrans: archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/23073714/https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/22739046/

Attached: B38439B6-5E8E-4346-8A24-A4446E622B50.png (2054x1146, 3.08M)

>>507617875It speaks highly of the hubris of man that we believe everything will eventually evolve to be human-shaped if given enough time.

Attached: Laughing in the 50's.jpg (900x885, 282.53K)

>>507619137

Attached: DENSE MOTHERFUCKER.png (486x322, 302.02K)

>>507617505

Attached: Neckbeard+fedora+atheist+beta+thread+_4927cb1d8bd95ace4876a8d0f345958c.jpg (548x618, 174.58K)

>>507619059>. Just look at all we see and achieved on earth. Life forms come from very complex amino acid formations that somehow turned into protein and this is just one fluke, from proteins to DNA, to cells with mitochondria, is just so fucking rare that we can't even replicate the creation an of DNA.This is how I know you're wrong. You assume that all life will be similar to our life in this exact way, but there are literally infinite possibilities for sentient life forming that don't rely on these mechanics. For example, there was an article just yesterday about the discovery of a life form here on earth that does not have mitochondria and does not need oxygen to live: google.com/amp/s/www.sciencealert.com/scientists-find-the-first-animal-that-doesn-t-need-oxygen-to-survive/amp

>>507619487>but there are literally infinite possibilitiesMore like infinite impossibilities

>>507619052When did I imply any this shit? I called you a moron in so many words because you said another planet might not like symmetry and when asked to elaborate settled for "lol I dunno." That's absolutely useless to the process you're advocating for:>You need to figure out what kind of planet would support life, from mass, size, gravity, moons, atmosphere, weather, land, airborne, or aquatic. You need to logic out the entire planet before you can figure out what kind of life would come from it.

>>507606792>C ahead by that much/v/ sure likes edgy shitand for those that went with H, mind explaining why? what do you believe is out there then?

>>507619751>things can't exist because I say soThis is you now. I said why an asymmetrical life form could exist. You're clearly in the wrong. You assume life has to evolve like on earth, I'm saying it doesn't. The burden of proof is on you to prove why life on another planet would take the same path as ours.

>>507606792I can't imagine anyone except for a literally mentally ill personcwould group all of these and say it's all possible alien life while completely ignoring the concept of them being just an alien ecosystem with a different genesis. Absolute retardation.

>>507619946I mean, our insides are not symmetrical by a longshot. But on the outside we are completely

>>507619946Except I didn't say, imply, or think any of the shit you're foisting upon me.

>>507620117Except you are.

>>507620032What did you choose?

>>507620162Sure, feel free to point to where I made the claim that life HAS to evolve like it did on earth.

For the user(s) that think life could be asymmetrical even from the outside, just look at the universe itself. Stars and planets are not asymmetrical, even galaxies themselves are swirling spiraling circular objectsSymmetry is just a part of reality

>>507619487>You assume that all life will be similar to our life in this exact wayWTF YOU THINK AMINO ACID IS? The very basic molecule that forms ALL LIFE. Dude, we are literally made from the most common atoms from the universe. Anything made of other atoms would be too costly to prosper.>but there are literally infinite possibilities>inifiniteThere isn't.>for sentient lifeDO YOU KNOW WHAT SENTIENT MEANS? I was talking about the most basic life-form, DNA and you already thinking of intelligent beings on at least human level that doesn't use the most basic atoms on the universe on their bodies, can't you see how stupid you are?>discovery of a life form here on earth that does not have mitochondriaNow look at the creature, it's literally a parasite with no more energy to actually produce energy (Like every other successful other creature on earth) on its own. Every creature that lives in super harsh environments has so little energy to keep evolve because it must use to protect itself, now imagine how miserable are the possibilities to this become intelligent, it's a waste of energy. Also, your creature is a bunch of proteins like every other living being.

Attached: 300px-Amino_Acid_Structure.png (300x225, 26.4K)

>>507620553See>>507611910>99.9% of all life follows some form of symmetry and consistentlyAll life known is solely on earth, meaning it has to be like that on earth.>>507620771astronomy.swin.edu.au/cosmos/A/Asymmetrical GalaxiesEducate yourself.

>>507617505OK know it all. >>507617990what a fucking joke. Everyone who brings up this argument that alien life would never look anything like earth life is just retarded. They have absolutely no clue how evolution works and fail to factor in which evironments would actually develop life in the first place, convergence (physics is the same everywhere), and the necessary steps to becoming intelligent (namely fire) requiring specific atmosphere composition. if anything it's far more likely to find earth-like life than it is that garbage image you just posted.

>>507620841Again, life can form based on silicon, not carbon, meaning it wouldn't be using amino acids you dumb bastard.

>>507620893>See>>>507611910 #That's not even me.

>>507621095>life can form based on siliconHypothetical

>>507621189Yet still completely plausible for ALIEN LIFE YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER.

>>507606792G is the most scary scenario.

>>507621240Ignoring all the other >Earth is an incredibly rare fluke of different events all forming the best possible conditions for life, and humanity is a fluke of that.Nope. Not a change and too costly to happen.

>>507621291Why? At least gives you perspective and right now it's actually the only perspective we have.

>>507620841Everyone throughout history who has thought they had a firm grasp on how life and the universe work has been proven wrong. You are no different.

>>507621327>Nope. Not a change and too costly to happen.As far as we know because everything we know about life is solely relative to earth. So now we've gone completely full circle with the argument.