Finally watched this last night

Finally watched this last night.
Why did he get an oscar for this? Even his performance in django was better.

The film deserved an oscar for cinematography but best actor? Fucking seriously? Did they just feel sorry sinc ehe was in his forties now?

Oscars have nothing to do with talent and personal merit
they are all about pedowood stars circlejerk

It was a pity oscar for his career so he doesn't do anything desperate in order to get an oscar.

cause it's a great movie full of incredible performances

yeah okay.

Because that was the narrative. They own the media, of course they have narratives in there to sell stories and create interests.

because someone on Holla Forums got trips

It was good fuck you. No other actor would do half the shit he did. He deserves to win 2 oscars and an emmy.

You kind of have to give a guy an Oscar when he gets raped by a bear.
How would you feel when you have to have that hanging over your head and you'd been passed over it for over a decade due to being a shit actor?
That'd just be salt to the wound. It was a pity award.

He was damn good. While I agree with best cinematography too, I also think Tom Hardy should have one best supporting actor for this. He was the best actor in the film. Funnily enough, the first thing written on the back of the DVD case is 'Tom Hardy is exceptional" and then has a Leo quote.

these, pretty much. only legit thing i've seen over leo's performance was the fact that his bear rape and the fact that because he's mute for basically the rest of the film he has to put out more raw emotion and shit.

also like said, hardy definitely deserved best supporting actor.

The bear rape scene was pretty good. Scary and erotic all at the same time.

wish it was a BLACKED bear

Since #OscarsSoWhite was the hot topic going into the show, they just let tumblr manage the show, which is why they gave Leo the oscar. He should have won for The Aviator but the Oscars had Jaimie Foxx cuck him that year.

I thought that shit started because Will Smith wanted an oscar for his performance in that movie he did and didn't get one so the hash tag started?

Will Smith hasn't appeared in anything worthwhile this entire decade. When the nominations were announced, there as a lack of black centric movies and many people, like Will Smith's wife, Jada Pinket Smith were the first to get #OscarsSoWhite trending and decided to boycott the oscars. Will Smith just went along like with it because he's got balls to stand up to his wife. Heck most likely Smith still wants his oscar but has given up on it since he hasn't even appeared in any oscarbait movies in recent years.

concrete>pelts

pretty sure that movie about football concussions was meant to be oscar bait

Actually, it's a few steps below pleb shit, Oscar isn't even about films, it's about which subversive propaganda they want audience to eat it up this year.

At least when i torrent sharknado 3, i know what it is.

This is true. I knew as a child that the Academy Awards were bullshit. How many best picture winners really stand the test of time?

The movie was kinda meh but it looked great, Tom Hardy had a far better character and performance.

white guilt: the movie

It's a shame that his accent was so thick that everyone just assumed he was an incoherent drunk when he was trying to be reasonable the whole time.

Between him and Hugh Glass he was the only one with any real, understandable motivation. Did you notice the La Raza propaganda in the movie? It's when Glass's feather Indian wife is hovering over him.

Wat
It's a vision. Of course it's trippy. I don't see what cholos have to do with a dream vision of the MC's wife.

The Director is Mexican.

pick one

Bane had to drop out of Suicide Squad because of this movie, not worth it.

He really wasn't that great, and if anything, he should have gotten the award for his performance in The Aviator.

Underrated post.