"Hollywood" Reporter

"Hollywood" Reporter

VP debate set a perfect example of what not to do.
Heckuva job, Elainey!

Let's do the racist fact check on that statement. "A white European man telling two coon thugs when to talk.. I LOVE IT". Hmm, seems racist alright.

She looks Mexican

She's Filipino

It's funny because their cohorts over at the Slate are saying she did a terrible job.

Which basically means that Pence won and they can't take it.

The guy who took an extra 10 seconds after the question was asked to complement the quality of it and how thoughtful it was somehow was the winner?
He was sucking up to a failure of a moderator.

CTR, pls

I hope you're getting paid for this.

Asian here. What the fuck kind of half-breed mongrel flip spawned garbage name is that?

that's like the Mexico of Asia I guess.

So basically a Sea Mexican.

You're not Holla Forums.

The Philippines and a few other places in Asia were colonised by Spaniards. Hence some of them have Spanish names and are Catholic.

Don't you mean Hollywood "Reporter"?

(((Hollywood Reporter)))

Only Korea, Japan, and Thailand are the only Asian countries not to be affected by the Europeans :^)

Wasn't Japan an ally of Britain during WW?

Japan was also under HEAVY influence of Portugal and even further so by the Jesuits. After WW2 Japan was Muricas bitch.

Japan is amongst the most western-influenced asian countries. I dont know where that user got his history from.

Because Japan wanted to be westernized. They were isolated to avoid being conquered by the Europeans, which they never were, and decided to learn how and why the Europeans created empires. That's why they joined Hitler and tried to conquer China, m8

Not really. They traded with them, some Jesuits lived there, that was about it.

Japan was very resistant to influence from foreigners, especially during the time period you're talking about.

Your idea of history and nationhood is interesting at best. The only remotely correct thing in your post is Japan not being conquered in the classical sense. They got the christianity slap and 2 nukes, instead.

Was this before or after they boiled them en masse?

The portugese traided weapons and scientific knowledge against……. rice ? That great jap steel ? They traded against currency and political and military influence in the region against Spain and the English.

Influence in like, geo political decision making. I have no fucking clue to what extend the portugese influenced jap culture. Probably not that much,.

Before, during and after.

Everybody should recall Japan being split into more than 10 houses and not a unified country, yet. Everybody was hot for the shogunat. Which led, for example, Torunaga to more intense trading with the portugese and enabling christian clerics the settlement on the islands. Got him the muskets which made him friggin Shogun in the end.

Tokanawa ? Toruganurajira ? Its been ages since I read that shit, sry.

But everyone knows who Im aiming for, I guess.

If you actually read Japanese history beyond the (fictional) story, you would realise that they kicked out most Christians and all the Jesuits not long after.

Christianity never gained a foothold in Japan.

Well I dont see cathedrals all over Japan so I guess youre right.

I take the christianity slap back and enter okzidental science, which is interchangeable in that period.

All I wanted to say is Japan is far from being uninfluenced. China, Vietnam, Tibet, Kambodscha, etc. All these would have been better examples.

Omg, Slate is racist?!

Why does an asian woman has a mexican surname?

You said affected, not colonized.

Read the thread, dipshit.

(((Hollywood))) "Reporter"

Make me, faggot.

hehehehehehehe

Implying Filipinos are not Asia Mexicans. But a lot less violent.

Wouldn't sea Mexicans be Cubans?

Cubans are Sea Commies.

The Philipines still has a lower murder and Kiddnapping rate than Mexico. That should tell you something about Mexico it's self.

(((Hollywood commies)))

hehe I'm le fitting in

They invented delicious fish tacos

They don't worship satan, they're good Catholics

kek

As a burger I am pissed I never learned of my country's history with Japan. "World history" was 100% European history, and propaganda at that.

Truth hurts the goon.

right!