Disney's Song of the South

I watched this film for the first time last night (yeah I know) and fell in love with it in the first 5 minutes. Has there been a more beautiful animated film since?

I honestly don't see the problem with this film. Is it because the black guy is happy and pleasant and makes the most of his life, instead of bitching about whitey keeping him down?

0/10, shit bait.

Does it blend animation and not-animation like Mary Poppins?
I haven't seen it.

Gregg Toland was on the the best cinematographers of the 1940s, but Disney has decided that no one can watch the film he shot for them

It's a shit movie. I'm not even gonna cry about "muh rayciss!" It's just a boring movie.

It was a decent film, everyone should watch it once.

Disney also edited Fantasia to be more PC

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeet

you should watch Ralph Bakshi's "Coonskin"

Pretty much. By having the black guy be happy and not in a constant state of suffering, people thought Disney was white washing the history of slavery.

It's a banned movie and leftists hate it.
10/10

This is now a KKKino thread. Post best southerns. Fuck westerns.

The way he talks is considered racist, as is the magical negro character

What are you talking about?

Zippadeedoodah muhfuggah

this movie offends me, delete this thread.

And how often do you see shitty niggers on TV and not fine upstanding gentlemen?

So does that mean Britsh child boot shiners are also banned from film?

when will the "racism is kewl XD so edgy" reddit crowd leave?

This movie is the opposite of racist. It's saying "okay, bad things happened, but let's try to move past that". But of course, you're not politically correct these days, if you aren't baiting whitey and darkie to be forever at each other's throats.

I always knew Ebert had no idea what he was talking about most of the time, but this takes the cake. Fantasia was Walt Disney's attempt to show that animation can be a serious art form. Personally I think he succeeded.

Was Ebert always a meme critic?

I just watched The Birth of a Nation recently. It was breddy gud.

I never noticed this

you've baited me good

I think in Song of the South, Disney is genuinely trying to make the case that black people contributed to America and made America better than it was before.

Uncle Remus has contributed to all the children's lives with his stories that were probably brought from Africa. His absence is sorely missed by the children just like America would miss the presence of what black people have contributed.

I was honestly crying while watching it. Pretty beautiful sentiment.

That said, I don't know what the fuck Disney was thinking with the Fantasia character. Maybe the pickaninny was so ingrained that people didn't even think it was racist.

I can't believe that the same Disney who fought hard to make Song of the South was racist. He tried to make a beautiful piece of art/commentary about how black people have contributed to the US but people just didn't get it.

Why is Uncle Remus and all the other blacks poor, uneducated? I think that was the point. Even in the south, with their limited resources, blacks made a huge contribution to American culture that has changed us all for the better.

I have talked to black people who've seen the film and not one agrees with me. They definitely think it's racist. they think the characters are caricatures.

In reality, Walt went through a grueling process in his search for the man who played Uncle Remus and the actor probably contributed a great deal to the character using his own personality. Walt tried to find someone who was practically Uncle Remus in real life.

I think maybe black people today find it embarrassing that they were ever so poor and uneducated, working in quite menial jobs for the most part. The film conjures painful insecurities. I wonder if someday, black Americans will learn to love it for its beautiful message and painstaking attention to actual black culture and stories of the distant past.

90% of BLM protestors make Uncle Remus come across as Oscar Wilde.

Fuck off nigger. You guys haven't even contributed a quarter as much to society as you claim.

Makes me think of Chris Rocks 'Black People vs Niggas' and how he commented that 'Niggers are proud to be dumb, they're like 'I don't read no books'.