Billie Joe Armstrong plays a middle aged rocker who's now domesticated, wink wink

Does this feel 10 years too late to anyone else?

What a depressingly uninspired trailer and probably film.
It really makes me question my own judgement, to have used to think of this guy and Green Day as something 'cool'.

Surely Baneposting and the frog meme are going to age gracefully though.

Reminder that any punk rock band who came along after 1977 is poseur garbage.

I think you mean 79.

Yeah, there was some good stuff in 79, but there were all by bands who started in 77 or earlier.

*it was all
I'm trying to learn a few languages and it's really taking a toll on my English.

harry potter really let himself go

so does the Clash count as Punk?

I wouldn't say 10 years late but appropriate for now since Billy Joe Armstrong is old and not as popular as he used to be.

I feel the same way sometimes. I still like the music but I look at Billie Joe's actions and think why did I like this guy to begin with.

xbox, trash my hotel room

Greenday was never good. Just faux punk pop that lacked the balls of bands before them like the Ramones.

oh god dammit.

Of course they do. What would it be without London Calling?

Were Green Day ever considered edgy? Maybe in the 90's, but not really.

Punk pretty much killed music.

having standards is a wondrous thing

Early punk was good but the genre failed to innovate and evolve. Everybody just copied what came before and the genre imploded because of too many "me too" bands. Punk lived and died with the Ramones.

They made a documentary about this subject matter a couple of years ago…I say watch that if you're the tiniest bit interested

Let's see just how high your standards are then. Name your favorite musicians so I can call your taste shit already.

Yeah, I think their first album came out around 76 or 77.

London Calling is a fantastic album, but it's also what started the whole "pop punk" thing.

I prefer the New York Dolls.

FUCKING NORMIE PLEBS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reminder: Every faggot in Green Day is still stuck in their whining about George Bush political phase while simultaneously regressing to the "violent media is bad and should be banned" phase that shitty parents end up stuck in.