Is this as good as breaking bad or is it just a gimmick riding off BB's fame for shekels?

is this as good as breaking bad or is it just a gimmick riding off BB's fame for shekels?

It's aged poorly. Next csi in a way

ok, so what about better call saul?

It's a completely different approach from Breaking Bad. It has the same characters but is aimed more at drama rather than thriller/violence like on BrBa.

First season was good, everything past that meh

What's Holla Forumss problem with Breaking Bad? It's not obscure enough and not in a foreign language?

Exactly, amerifat entertainment is shit

Second season drags on.
First season is pretty good.

If you haven't watched BB first I'd recommend you do so, they have a lot of references to it beyond the characters, but it's fine on its own.

Not as good as breaking bad, but if you're into lawyer dramas and a slight bit of comedy it's good.

Season 3 needs to cut the BS because S2 was nothing but building up the stakes and then deflating everything by the end of the following episode. Final scene of the season did nothing for me since I'm going in expecting it to either be resolved quickly or dragged on with no payoff.

Honestly, it feels like they should have taken the best parts of season 1 & 2 and combined it into a better paced first season. The criminal and legal drama needed a better balance throughout.

It's quite possibly better. Certainly as a show to watch weekly. I suspect BCS will suffer more if watched in one block but then BB was full of filler too and its filler wasn't as much fun.

Holla Forums only watches capeshit and RLM nowadays, don't expect coherent opinions from australian shitposters.

If it didn't start out as a gimmick, it became one.

6/10 Okay overall. Has some great episodes but you can feel it go either way. There's a lot of minor issues that can stack up and if you're not a BB fan to begin with, it makes it a lot harder to tolerate. Definitely had potential.

2/10 easily. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, the second season is bafflingly terrible. It's extremely slow, filled with tons of pointless filler. Character motivations get thrown out the window. It's so terrible at connoting information that it's not clear if they intended to swap your perceptions of some characters or if that wasn't part of the plan at all. If they don't get their shit together by the next season, it will be a huge embarrassment for everyone involved.

It's an alright show but people like to shit on it because of all the undeserved praise it's gotten.
It's basically like seeing some 12-year-old bake a cake and everybody says it's the best shit ever when it's just a generic cake. It's better than the store-bought ones but that's no excuse to treat it like it's something fucking Gaston LenĂ´tre made.

the capshit part isn't fair. the only reason that capeshit is discussed so much is because such a big percentage of movies that come out now are cape shit and have been for years. it makes it impossible not to discuss

Fixed that for you. Keep up with the times Mike.

I don't watch capeshit.
I don't even watch movies in general.
I don't know why I go to this board.

did you used to watch movies? have you watched less and less as time has gone on?

Season 2 is tvkino.

Hard to compare as they're pretty different in how they go about the story of a guy becoming a criminal. BrBa shat the bed hard with the last season.

MR. SHOW is good, have you seen it? It has Bob Odenkirk and David Cross in it. If you saw that and liked it, then you will like Better Call Saul for that reason. Plus if you watched Breaking Bad and liked it, then you will like Better Call Saul for that reason.

First season was interesting, it felt like it was actually building up to something.
Then season 2 comes around and it felt like the story stalled almost completely (except for maybe Mike's part) and the season finale where Chuck records Jimmy was something they could have gotten around to by the fourth episode at the latest, but instead they decided to pad the shit out of the season with filler tier bullshit.

There's practically zero courtroom action.

The last few eps of season 2 are starting to look like BB though.

Its actually better if you arent an Adhd riddled amerifat, characters are actually kinda believable and have a decent arc.

Breaking bad is overrated and rides on a bunch of fags hyping it, its not bad but even its creator admits its basically a run of the mill western in modernity

mr. show is kinda shit honestly, like a knock off mad tv or something

dont see what that a goofy half-baked skit show has to do with saul either, but whatevs

okfine ronnie dobbz is kinda funny

My main issue with BB is that once it was over there really is no reason to go back to it. I'm sure some redditors would talk about it being some amazing moral commentary but the reality is it's pretty surface level stuff. In fact I found myself sympathizing with Walt far more than I was supposed to throughout. The part where his stupid crippled son got all mad at him was just annoying because it was obvious you were supposed to be on the son's side even though he was just acting like a faggot. If there had been more shades of grey and the writers hadn't felt the need to tell you who was in the right throughout the show's history it could have been much better.

It also became really predictable towards the end. You could pretty much tell what was going to happen from the first few episodes of the last season. I was hoping for some kind of twist and instead it just kind of ended. Never gone back and watched a single episode and I doubt I ever will.