Westworld

So this shit airs tonight. Will it have potential for new Holla Forums memes and shitposting?

Other urls found in this thread:

brappp.wordpress.com/tag/westworld/
archive.is/Schsl
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's gonna be shit

kek that logo
(((Westworld)))

The movie was fucking great. This will be degenerate hbo shit with tacked on fucking. I think the only good hbo shows were deadwood and tales from the crypt

Loved the movies, but the Trailer and Abrahms make me wary.

It will be superficially gilded shit. And shit that doesn't smell even, that's how much they'll fail at it.

\W/

who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

So are there tits in this shit? If there are tits I might be inclined to temporarily forget my blinding hatred for Abrams, and my blinding indifference to Nolan's brother.

on a side note, i'm watching the film now since i've never seen it before.

Yes, in the parts where the robots are out of the simulation and being worked on they're almost always naked.

Also, there's sex inside the simulation in parts.

Whose tits do we see?

Lots of extras, a couple random pairs up close from minor characters. We might see the star's at some point but given how deliberately they kept the camera off her chest this episode, probably not likely.

Going to go watch the original then.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to imitate the Weyland Corp logo from Alien. They outright stated in the first episode that both the shareholders and managers have some ulterior motive, so it's probably going to be a really hamfisted plotline where a corporation does ebul things even when profit should dictate otherwise.

this was my first thought as well

you should definitely do it, i just did and it was a pretty cool flick. the gunslinger is definitely the biggest guy around. also, there's a sequel movie called futureworld, i wonder if the show is going to go into this as well.

didnt yule banner die from poison penis?

if by poison penis you mean cigarettes, then yes.

IIRC the showrunners said if they do more than one season they want to explore other parks, like how the movie has Rome world and medieval world.

The show didn't seem to bad. I wonder what the gunslinger is up to.

wasn't this going to be the new GOT for HBO?

If they keep following the plot to Futureworld then yes, the Delos Corporation has ulterior and laughably ridicolously evil motives.

Anyway, has anybody here actually seen the pilot now? How bad is it?

I loved the Soundtrack of the original movie. Yul Brynner terrified me as a kid. Such a big guy.

not that bad worth a download at eztv.it
I don't know of a better tv torrent place, since kat is gone with a direct link to torrentfreak proxy.

I'll call this right now:

The series will be a metaphor for the working class (androids) being exploited by the rich (the visitors) and so on and so on we are the 99% bla bla bla

This series is 8 or 7 years late tbh

#occupywallstreet

He's collecting dem scalps to unlock the secret levels, obviously.

You're thinking far too deep for JJ Abrams.

JJ Abrams doesn't write scripts.

He vetos them, though.

The pilot is a mix of surprisingly good and surprisingly bad, but the good outweighs the bad imo.

Good

Bad

And?

And you're a fucking retard.

If he doesn't write scripts and clearly doesn't veto scripts like that user laid out, what was your point?

You missed the classical cover of "Paint it Black" for the entire climactic gunfight.

It's a way to get across to brain dead viewers without explicitly spelling it out to them. If it were filmed by nips, that final shot would have been repeated at least 3 times from different angles with over the top whipping sounds and streaked backdrops.

It was a decent watch. I'll watch the next episode because I want to know what the fuck The Gunslinger is up to, and what Hopkins' plans are.

And yes, I get it about the flies. God damn.

They really need to stop doing this shit. Slow, melodramatic covers of rock songs do not give them gravitas or emotional depth or whatever it is they're going for.

I didn't. Pretty sure that was also on the piano.
At least that would be funny.

More like "I'll watch the next season" this is a JJ Abrams production remember.

It also robs the show of a chance to have memorable new songs. The guy doing the music for WW is the guy who did it for GoT, and aside from the intro music, GoT had very few memorable tunes. You would think that in a western show they might take a risk in this department instead of sticking to the bland background music trend but nope. Shit, they probably could've got Ennio Morricone to do it, they could even advertise him as being an Oscar winner after Hateful 8. They did consider Tarantino for the show - I wonder how that would have turned out.

That's a good point. Good original music would've been best, in my opinion, though even a Tarantino score would've been better than cheesy covers. He would've at least picked music he thought could stand on its own.

Fuck, that's right. I keep thinking it's a miniseries. I'll watch it until I get annoyed, then.

As to the music, I found the instrumental versions of ''black hole sun" and "paint it black" a bit jarring.

Somebody would say nigger at least once an episode.

That makes me wonder something. Supposedly there are no rules in westworld, but would they let the guests lynch a black robot? Obviously HBO would never address that, but is this a PC future?

Has jew jew ever done anything original or does he always just ride off the back of other people's success?

from the episode itself it seems like they are on a planet or something in that vain.

Nobody does anything new in today's cinema or tv, from what I've seen is oh so ebil the olden time was.

I thought it was alright. The whole premise might rub me the wrong way though. The fun of the original was that the robots simply malfunctioned due to a virus, they didn't gain thought or feeling beyond their programming. Making it just another MUH AI A GOOD BOY, THEY DINDU NUFFIN story devalues that. Also that dialogue. Like it was written by a 15 year old with all the curses dropped.

Ed Harris seems cool though.

bump

Forgot to say, they messed up by making the hosts central characters. They should really should have flat out retold the first fifty minutes of the film, human guests having fun. This stuff could at least come in the later episodes.

I like that the hosts are central characters but it would have made more sense if the first episode was just everything going according to plan. Can't have that though because the first episode is also the pilot and it has to establish the main themes of the show instead of getting to just introduce the setting.

I think that the original movie intentionally made it vague.
It could be either way, a virus or actual consciousness, which made it more terrifying because you werent actually sure if the gunslinger was just an animatronic without any motivations or if he enacted vengeance.
I prefer that style. Sometimes it's better to not explain absolutely everything.

Well good luck with that. Chris Nolan's brother is directing the series.

Didn't Futureworld expand on that a little? All I really remember about that movie is that it was fucking weird.

He farms member berries

i think it would be neat if the machines that built the robots had somehow gained sentience and intentionally put a dormant virus into the robots, to let them awaken at a later time.

i mean, it's cheesy as fuck but still sounds fun, amirite?

Wouldn't bet on it, and the fact that there are so many articles about it tells me that they are trying very hard to get this shit popular. Not even worth pirating, do not want in any way to tell them this shit is popular.

Sadly yes. In Future World the Delos Corporation lures Politicians and Businessman to the park to replace them with robots to take over the world. And close to the end it turns out the President of Delos is a robot too! What a twist!

brappp.wordpress.com/tag/westworld/

Yeah, 3D printers gaining sentience and rebelling is pretty fucking cheesy.

Uh, the fact that they spent 100 million dollars on it, got Anthony Hopkins, and are making an epic genre series just as GoT is ending its life cycle didn't tip you off that they want this to be the next flagship series?

The black slave robot would have become self-aware and murdered all the white robots.

There weren't slaves any more in the time period they're replicating though.

BRAVO NOLAN

there was already a TMNT episode like that

Skip to 7:33

So this is going to be Westworld + Space: Above and Beyond + Bucky O'Hare and the Toad Wars + Rome?

If we're lucky, yes.

Plenty. Seeing that's the main request in this thread I'll scan through and take some shitty shots of what I remember, but there was a lot that were quick flashes, there's one scene in the tavern where some guests are fucking a lot of the hookers, but you barely see anything. Lots of shots of a bunch of turned off robots all nude.

What I liked:

-Without spoiling it, the episode takes some twists I wasn't expecting. It plays a lot with who's human and who's a robot, and at least at this point other than one, the guests are the most minor characters.
-I was glad that the other female characters aside from the blonde had pretty good figures. Whenever a show centers on a fantasy world and all the female robots have bodies like Alicia Vikkander it takes me right out of it because we know what the market would ACTUALLY want because of the extistence of RealDolls. Like it or not pedos, 99% of men are going to be buying the models with giant tits.
-Basically every line of guest dialog was both funny and extremely dark. The tone worked perfectly because of the setting.
-I liked the old west rock riffs. I love shit like that. Sue me, it made me smirk.
-I liked the lines of dialog that showed the two female guests as being shallow, vapid whores who were turned off by Marsden being "too good" and "too perfect" and were more turned on by the idea of a villain coming into town and murdering everyone. I hope those two meet up with Harris's character at some point.
-Hopkins is fantastic as always.
-Absolutely LOVED the old damaged model's mannerisms. That entire interaction was great, Hopkins loves the model, but he's too damaged to put in the general population anymore because his gestures are obviously robotic.
-I think this should revive interest in the western genre.
-I got worried for a second when I saw the black family that they were going to beat us over the head with a "lesson" about racism, but that was instantly subverted when they turned out to be guests. So far the interactions all seem realistic, and I'm fine with all the "diversity" among the programmers because thus far they're all practically being written as villains, so it doesn't feel pandering at all.

What I didn't like:

-Abrams involvement usually means they have no plan beyond the first season. Every single thing he's been involved with starts with a basic idea and then goes absolutely fucking no where. I expect to love this season and then vomit all over the rest of the series.
-The blonde I hope gets unceremoniously killed off, frankly. Episode opens by showing us she's flat as fuck, and the rest of the episode is spent building her as the most important character because she was the first robot ever built. She was the least intriguing part of the episode to me.
-The lesbian programmer, basically every time she was on screen I felt annoyed, but especially her idiotic "a hooker with depths, every man's dream." line. Fuck you, dyke. Most men do not want used up whores, you know nothing about male psychology and whoever wrote your dialog is either another frigid dyke or a pathetic cuck. If one of the male programmers was tonguing all the robots like you do comment threads would be stuffed with people calling him a creepy sicko you depraved cunt.
-Really, really didn't like that the origin of these issues is "the reveries" that means this entire "malfunction" was planned and by design. It limits which robots have it, it explains it away immediately. Nothing about them growing or evolving naturally or overtime from repeated re-programming, just "on a whim the creator specifically put in some code to allow the robots to access their previously erased memories and *shock* that's causing the models suddenly remembering previous lives as cult leaders, murderers, murder victims, rapists, rape victims and serial killers to act kinda wacky!" I'll keep watching but I hope there's at least a line to the effect of "This model didn't receive the update, it shouldn't be malfunctioning!"

Overall, 7/10, I'll definitely keep watching it throughout the season.

Dumping images now.

Not sure why the tale of tales image got attached to that last post…

If you look carefully, user even had a cameo.

Did you… see the original? That's the whole fucking point. These are theme parks where you can do whatever you want to people. By the end of Westworld the sets looked like scenes out of Caligula.

They point out how much like video games, the guests tend to follow a pretty set path. They get there and fuck everything, if they're there with friends or family they generally try to play out a plot where they're heroes, and if they're by themselves they go around killing everything. The original came out in the 70's, don't forget. It wasn't really until the 90's that Hollywood started getting so nervous about nudity and such.

The one thing that saddened me was that there was no indication that like the original there are two other theme parks. In the original Westworld was neighbor to Medievalworld and Futureworld. Ideally it would be nice to see where those go, but the ravaged area before where the robots are stored suggested to me perhaps there was previously a future world and it failed spectacularly or something. Or maybe there was an Apocalypseworld or Dystopiaworld or something as well.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER FAAACE

The only flaw I can find is that I'm not rubbing my dick on it.

She was basically in screensaver mode.

I'm glad I never watched it.

It was dumb, but it had some interesting bits.

Watched it, seems like well, a light show to watch even though it was supposed to be deep af.

Anyway, thing I didn't get is how the fuck newcomers can tell who's a robot and who is another human being so they don't shoot each other? Also, the black gunslinger, who the fuck is he? Tommy shot him even though he is supposed to be programmed not to shoot newcomers.

Probably more like True Detective. They've done a lot of series that were relatively short.

In the movie they used smart guns that only worked when pointed directly at robots.

Guns don't work on humans.

I mean ones that don't work when pointed on people. I don't know what would stop people from stabbing each other in the medieval world, though.

Wat movie?
How is tv series related to it?

leave this thread

no u

Can't wait for Dark Star: the series! Watch Commander Powell get electrocuted! Is Boiler a secret gay?

It's because they were never scolded for their mediocrity as children
All these uncreative fags that recreate/remake/reboot old shit are talentless retards who are funded by greedy kikes that want to cash in on the 'member [insert nostalgic thing] money
And they will never change until they are actively punished for doing this shit

Sad that the chatbot is lobotomized from the get-go. Would have been hilarious to give her the Tay treatment.

I was trying to get it to tell me if guests could kill each other, but it kept falling back to "That doesn't sound like anything to me." or something along the lines of "do you want to play black hat or white hat?"

it was kind of interesting that it mentioned that guests are never in danger, that the only rule is that you can't hurt another guest… but also that there are no laws. or rather, "there are no laws that cannot be broken".

foreshadowing much?

I'd imagine they'll address the other Worlds (if they exist in the series) in future episodes. This was just a tv pilot after all.

On the note of when they go down to the droid storeroom, I thought it was an abandoned mall personally. I don't really have a guess as to why it would be there or anything though.

I wanted to like this but everything about it is basically explained in the first episode. And they've chosen one of the shittiest explanations they could.
It's basically soap tier tv.

see, now that's the thing. i think for the rest of the robots, they just glitched and were able to harm humans.

for the gunslinger, i think he became aware of his previous encounters with the two and had a freak out like the guy in the show, became aware and felt the need to gun them down to escape.

she has the best tits in the show tbh

considering there was a giant DELOS globe and escalator, i get the feeling it was a previous iteration of westworld and they just built on top of it, so basically jurassic world shenanigans.

now, as for my thoughts on the episode: why did they make the gunslinger human? what is he even trying to do? are they going to have some sort of twist and make him a sentient machine? pretentious character tbh and the only reason anyone who saw the movie would even bother watching the show. ed harris makes it good, but fuck the writers.

i enjoyed the delos employees shitting on each other over their nonsense, the lesbian was stupid and pointless, she'd be the one asshole who would side with the robots during the revolution. based hopkins as always, i think he got a thought boner from the guy becoming aware. something tells me he'll be responsible for causing the robots to start possibly harming humans, as a sort of experiment.

oh and i completely forgot. the institute from fallout 4 designs their synths in the exact same way that delos designs their hosts in this show.

my concern is, who actually did it first, and was there some file sharing? from what i can tell, production on the show started in 2014, but production on fallout 4 began long before that, just a matter of determining who copied the vitruvian man template first.

No it was Romanworld. I agree, it sucks that they just narrowed it down to Westworld only because one of the things I wish I could see in the original film was Romanworld.

10bucks says the villains will be white males

>Black Hole Sun starts playing

so what percentage of park guests are pedos?

Were there even any kids shown?
Aside from the one niglet but he was a guest.

I wonder how far the show will go, in real life if there was a theme park where you can live any fantasy only accessible by the rich elite, some fucked up shit would go down.

Also why don't the bullets hurt the guests?

yeah, I thought it was pretty fucked up that they would even let kids in as guests, considering how far the show's at least implying things go. imagine little Drequan accidentally turning a corner and stumbling upon a corporate "team building" party gang-raping that nice ladybot he saw painting by the river.

according to a (((Rotten Tomatoes))) article:
archive.is/Schsl

I mostly agree with this but I also want to add that the camera work is not particularly impressive, it's like just a guy doing his job

Why is HBO so obsessed with gratuitous sex and nudity?

because it gets viewers

If there's no sex and nudity then how do you know you are watching mature entertainment? How can you remain confident in your adulthood?

see

hbo basically means do what you want, which for most people is swearing and nudity.

Now what we all came here to see, HARDCORE NUDITY!

Are you sad shes not here?

Anthony Hopkins refers to very different genres when talking about the malfunctioning dadbot. One was a horror story where the robot played a cannibal, but I forget the other. And the showrunners confirmed that if they get more than one season they will explore other parks.

They looked at how True Detective Season 1 did vs TD Season 2.

I thought that might be a reference to that as well, but I really liked the opening theme so I ended up re-watching a lot of the episode numerous times/

He specifies that for 10 years he's been Delores's dad, before that he was the sheriff and before that "the professor" the horror storyline was also set in westworld, he specifies that the professor starts a cult that goes into the desert and turns cannibal. I smiled when he said that, because I knew then that when shit finally implodes, we're going to see this guy again fucking eating people and quoting Shakespeare.

Also, someone earlier in the thread complained about the piano rock songs (back hole sun, paint it black, i hope 'in the black' is next) being anachronisms, and stating the staff said they don't like anachronisms. To the contrary, when Hopkins is saying where dadbot's dialog came from, he explains that the last author is an anachronism but "I couldn't help it" or something to that effect, which is basically saying the guy in charge of everything does what he likes if it aesthetically pleases him.

I'm curious about a lot of different things. I hope this isn't going to end up like Fringe. In that series they used a combination of alternate universes and time travel to erase any plot or character development they felt like, and by the end of the series it really lessened the impact of Walter's sacrifice, because he wasn't the Walter we'd grown to love over the first few seasons. It was a different Walter who gains the original Walter's memories right before the end of the season.

I fear (I'm just weary of Abrams involvement in general) that the fact that the robots can die and be replaced and have their memories re-written that we're going to see a lot more stuff like the bartender being re-assigned as the dad. A little bit of that would be tragic, but if they do it constantly it's going to feel hard to care about any of the robots.

Some thoughts: Lots of guests actively go there to be bad guys, say they go "straight evil" and such, what's to stop some guests from going on a brutal rampage and killing all 2,000 robots? If you're going there to rape an kill them, I mean video game logic. There are lots of runs of games like Fallout and Skyrim where people have gotten bored with the regular game and try to kill every single NPC in the game.

Are the guests all made explicitly aware of eachother before entering? I'm wondering what happens if a guest playing a good guy and a guest playing a bad guy run into eachother.

Also, returning guests all made mention of "levels" I think there's a system in place. Raping the farmer's daughter must be a common occurrence. When the black father saw her I think he recognized her, hence him saying they shouldn't cross the river as it's "too adult" for their son. I think things are supposed to stay PG in certain areas of the park, and crossing the river is one of the major borders for this, the guy in the brothel with Teddy said the exact same thing. "This? This is basic. Level one. When we cross the river, that's when the real depraved shit starts. That's where my man Teddy comes in, he's like a guide."

When the gunslinger scalped the dealer, all of his dialog was obsessing about this being a game and there being a "deeper level" and after he scalped him, there was some kind of writing seemingly on the INSIDE of his scalp.

There's a couple possibilities there. Maybe it was the outside, and it's a tattoo of like a treasure map or something. If it was on the inside, it's got to be a programming thing. Perhaps the gunslinger is a corporate spy or something. Someone's gotta go let loose all those naked, malfunctioned robots, right?

realistically though in the context of this show, those songs are probably old as fuck for them.

Just finished episode 2. Other than a couple characters I don't like my complaints are pretty minor. The anachronistic song in this episode was some Radiohead.

Someone mentioned earlier that Nolan's writing is overly simplistic and specifically pointed out the "wouldn't hurt a fly" thing. I didn't think much of it last episode, but you are right it repeated a bit much, with one robot malfunctioning because it couldn't hurt a fly, one of the techs specifically saying a robot "couldn't hurt a fly" and then of course in the end Deloris specifically killing one. I thought it was a little blunt, but it was fine.

The way some of the dialog repeats over and over could start to get old, but what stuck out to me as overly obvious this time was one of the techs (I think it was the lesbian) saying "can you imagine how insane they'd go if they could remember all the shit the guests have done to them?" Like the other 100 minutes of footage we've seen hasn't made it abundantly clear that's what's happening without the need to outright say it.

My main takeaway from the episode though: Thandie Newton (Mauve, black hooker) has some pretty nice tits. Not your standard Hollywood pair, either. I've seen earlier nude scenes she's done, it's like her breasts have gotten pointier as she's gotten older. Watching her run around nude was the best part of the episode. If only her efforts to escape could have involved a trampoline.

In case anyone's wondering episode 2 released early on HBO Go.

Here's some lore things episode 2 reveals. They're not plot spoilers but I'm spoilering them for mysteryfags. None of them are major reveals or anything.

There are kid hosts. Also snake hosts. IIRC I read an interview that said flies are the only natural life inside the park, and it's clear the robot animals go beyond just horses.

They take countermeasures for this. Also, the Man in Black has some kind of VIP thing where he's the exception to this rule. Also, the people running the park are aware of the Man in Black obviously given the above.

Guests literally receive a white or black hat before they enter the park that's supposed to reflect their morality. It's not explained whether there's anything to stop a white hat from being evil or vice-versa.

The reason the hosts talk to each other when nobody is around isn't for the benefit of stalker guests. It's a way for them to refine their programming. Apparently they're learning AIs.

Technicians have a HUD on glasses they wear to help them monitor hosts.

A large mustache is mandatory for being the Sweetwater bartender.

James Marsden getting shot up looks like it's gonna be a once-an-episode gag.

Right now, I'm kind of thinking the twist is going to be…

The hosts aren't robots at all. Perhaps they're actually clone humans or something with hardware in their heads. Getting their brains blown out doesn't seem to effect their memory or programming, so I'd imagine that's externally stored.

Grants, Jack's jerky movements are the main evidence against this, but They've never specified any of the hosts as being robotic yet, and with all the gore and everything we've yet to see a single piece of mechanical hardware anywhere. What's really made me believe this is the dialog when they were operating on Mauve. The guy goes "MRSA, right in her abdomen." At first I thought 'ugh, did some sick fuck cut her open and cum in the wound, and MRSA is some acronym for semen?' but I googled it, and it's a type of staph infection. What kind of robot gets a staph infection? I think their bodies are entirely organic.

I mean, Hopkins basically spelled it out in his speech in the first episode. While looking at a body being bathed in that white liquid he explains they can cure any disease and extend life indefinitely, that all they can't do yet is bring the dead *back*. I really hope they don't go with the incredibly cliche "Deloris is his daughter" angle though.

Think of the possible implications, all the programming could be some form of super soldier brainwashing, if it works on organic systems who's to say none of the hosts weren't originally regular humans? If they're not organic, why would they be drawing flies and the storage room he damaged ones are in smell horrible? Even in the 3D printing stuff, we see bones, organs, muscle, but not a single mechanical piece. What if the gunslinger's ultimate prize "I'm not going back this time." is being turned into a host?

Also, as for Marsden, the whole black hate/white hat thing strengthens my theory that he's not really a good guy. I just figured he was going to go epically nuts, but I think his character's just more complex than the first episode would have us believe. He wears a black hat, and Mauve asserts that whatever his business is "doesn't leave his clients breathing". He also guides people into the desert for some "depraved shit" and let's not forget he arrives in town every morning after from Deloris's perspective having been gone for a while. He's also programmed to be a fairly good gunslinger, mostly getting killed by guests, and only otherwise being killed in a scripted event, and still killing a couple of the bandits.

Even if they're organic, they're still artificial. The way they've shown them being built it already looked like it was very close to how the human organism actually functions at least on a macro level. My guess is they're human enough to look human but they're engineered at a lower level to function differently, more efficiently, so they can effectively play the role even when they've got holes in them. By all appearances, they're engineered at the microscopic if not the nanomachine level.

>If they're not organic, why would they be drawing flies and the storage room he damaged ones are in smell horrible?
Maybe it's like Terminator, where they have organic material on the outside and inorganic material on the inside. They clearly have the ability to repair them from any physical damage, but if they're just sitting in storage they might start to get swamp ass or even rot a bit. Maybe it's like Terminator taken to another level, where their bodies are a really good imitation of humans on the macro level but on the micro level they're something else, maybe organic, maybe mechanical.

In the preview for the next episode, MiB remarks on how Marsden is acting out of character after he apparently got really violent and he replies basically "you don't know me at all."

Couldn't even finish the first episode. It's shit.

Liked a lot it so far. The atmosphere is good. Good actors and acting, mostly. I have no clue where this could possibly be heading though. Especially the storyline with Ed Harris' character. Who in the world would roleplay that seriously with robots, for years? Except for some complete rainman who would just become a part of their routine, nobody. Still, for the most part it has my attention.

I didn't like they made the intro so GoT like. Even the music sounded similar.

it felt like GoT + True Detective to me.

and same composer as Game of Thrones, so.

It's a JJ Abrams show so nowhere.

Kidding aside, one theory I've seen is that MiB was at the park when some shit went down and people died. The runners mentioned something going wrong about 30 years ago, and we see the mostly abandoned section of the park. And MiB has specified twice now he's been going to WW for 30 years. In episode 2, he says he was born in WW in a manner of speaking, which I take to mean he was there when robots started killing guests and it traumatized him somehow, possibly by killing his family or something.

Episode 2 confirms that MiB has some kind of VIP status, which reminds me of something that happened in LOST - the survivors of the plane crash who made it back to civilization got free unlimited miles with the airline for life. Kind of a stretch, but both are shows run by Abrams.

Somebody who was deeply traumatized and it trying to work though some kind of harrowing experience. If the robots killed his family or something, he may feel like he has to defeat the game in return before he can feel at peace.

Do they use the correct term (gynoid) for female androids in this?

no

I don't see why you had trouble in finding meaning in his sacrifice then; if he had his memories he would've basically lived them to him.

What the fuck user

I'm glad they didn't

That was an antenna.

it was a maze

That is what a modern flat antenna looks like.

Yup.
Modern antennas can be weird.

I just watched the second episode, and I'm completely wrong.
It's a map of a maze.

I'm 90% sure the actual radiating element in that middle image is the square patch at the bottom. The rest are just artistic transmission lines leading into the radiating element, HOPEFULLY they properly impedance matched it despite wasting so much length to draw pretty patterns on the board.

It's a maze, maybe not literal map but a representation of a maze, nothing more.

Damn, it was meant for

lmao nerd

No.
The middle image is of a fractal antenna. The entire trace is a radiating element.
Fractal antennas are pretty normal for cellphones.

This is a shot of the scalp.

The man in the middle of the maze looks like the hosts in the beginning stages of manufacturing, when they are being 3D printed and dipped into the vats of white liquid.

On unrelated note, the body in the logo for the show has tits, tits are made of fat not muscle and shouldn't be there, unless the logo represents the oldest host - Dolores.

Didn't he mention how he keeps coming back because there's always something new to discover?

It's like that guy playing video games and he has to 100% them I'd say.

Not exactly a difficult maze. A map towards the location of the maze would be more useful.

Problem with your theory: Dolores doesn't have tits:

Why is this thread bumplocked already?

Why? Why the fuck would they do that? Why don't the staff at Westworld shut down the Gunslinger. I mean they know he's going wild so why not go out and shut him down?

Because this has nothing to do with movies or tv

I don't even recall hearing "android." I thought they just said "host."

wut

It could just be an antenna and the gunslinger thinks it's a maze. It could be both. We've seen the park runners control the hosts remotely, so there's some kind of wireless hardware in them.

Holy fuck, I wondered what had been happening to this board lately due to the amount of bumplocked threads, but this is getting real bad. What happened to our "laissez faire" BO?

Nevermind

That's a really weird policy. Less popular shows won't get as many replies or new threads as popular shows. It also means people who don't read all the way to the bottom of the catalog won't see older threads. This is going to produce a reddit-like atmosphere where only popular shit gets seen and it creates a positive feedback loop.

And discussions enters a loop cycle, even more so than what we usually get. I don't get it, I don't mind having a month old thread on the first page, it's not like we were getting new blood around here or anything.

The only reason I can think of why they'd do it is to keep fresh/popular content at the front, which looks appealing to a higher number of newcomers. That's why reddit does it.

this will be got all over again

at least this show is pretty decent and you guys aren't fags