When is he gonna make a good film again?

When is he gonna make a good film again?

hes a hack

What was wrong with the first Hellboy?

it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

He's a mediocre director who happened to use good material enough that people thought he was some kind of dark fantasy genius, and such egotism has since cost him.

he's a fat mexican nerd who directs shit for manchilds

crimson peak was alright, just pretentious with a hella nice art style. i would have rather had mountains of madness.

>>>/leftycuck/

Way to not really answer my question.

because he's a fucking moron and part of the hivemind that likes to shitpost instead of provide actual criticism.

I like all his movies tbh. I view him as a Robert Rodriguez-tier director who struck gold once with Pan's Labyrinth. I liked Blade II, the Hellboy flicks & Pacific Rim because they are entertaining. Crimson Peak is a good movie to watch with girls who are scared of horror movies.

is he mentally retarded?

He's a leftist. You can't be one without some form of brain damage.

wew
>>>/reddit/

When he makes Hellboy 3.

Blade 2 and the Hellboy movies were the only decent things he's done.

yawn

The protagonist was also a Princess, even though commies as a rule kill anyone even somewhat related to royalty, even if they aren't royalty themselves.

BAZINGA

BUNGCLOMPERS

He's gonna fuck up Lovecraft, I just know it.
He's gonna get to direct the At the Mountains of Madness adaptation, or a big budget Call of Cthulhu, and he's gonna have a Latino gangster hero who fucks a white girl.

He got Pan's Labyrinth right. I think he has at least enough intelligence not to just treat At the Mountains of Madness as the standard popcorn action flick he's been making for the passed decade.

Yeah, maybe you're right.
I hope so.

In my opinon the hellboy movies suffered from some casualization, you only have to look at the golden army poster here to see than.

I didn't like the changes in characterization in the Hellboy movies. For instance, Abe. In the comics, Abe comes across as just a dude who happens to be a fishman. He's as direct and manly as Hellboy. In the movies, he's Niles Frasier.

When he gets off his fat ass and actually makes that Mountains of Madness film.

:(

why would you want a sequel to the Frighteners? I thought the first one was good on its own and concluded the story.

i thought peter jackson did the frighteners?

Apparently, I can't tell Peter Jackson apart from Guillermo Del Toro

oh thats right he did. Well to be fair him and Guillermo are both fat bearded men so its easy to mistake them.

Feels bad man

He also didn't have physic powers

Peter Jackson will never make the Silmarillion movie or Lost tales.

good he'll just fuck it up like he did with the Hobbit. Let Tolkiens work be.

What's worst. Hellboy is a series with very strong Christians overtones. He not only a retard. He a hypocrite. He probably one of those atheist leftists who loves Islam.

omg he made pacific rim, have to laugh.

Also true. Plus he and Liz were close. Hellboy and Liz didn't have a romantic relationship.

yes I quite agreeā€¦ I was chuckling to myself when I wrote that as you can imagine how much he probably wants another Tolkien block buster under his belt. I will never forgive what he did with LotR and the Hobbit.

tbh toro is the perfect poster child for fat neckbeard anime watcher

You guys want to know the worst part of the hellboy movie?
This clown right here.
I know it's an adaptation but was this weaselly little child-man really necessary?
No

He's not even in the comics. If they felt the need for a normal human character, why not make it Kate? Or Devon?

LotR's was fine, and The Hobbit arguably wasn't his fault.

sauce?

Well at least he wasn't in the second one. What do you guys think of the animated Hellboy movies? Personally I like them.

how was the hobbit not his fault? I thought he wanted to split it into 3 films for more money instead of just 2 like Del Toro wanted.

feels good man

Thanks for the actual answers.

I haven't read the comics, I was just asking because I really liked the first movie.
I don't remember anything about the second one except for the robots and the evil elf guy or whatever he was.

I actually liked the first movie well enough, despite all the differences from the comics. They got Hellboy himself right, they had Rasputin, and they had the Ogdru-Jahad.

The second one didn't feel much like Hellboy to me. It felt like Del Toro. I like Del Toro, but it just wasn't quite the right tone for a Hellboy movie.

He messed up the second hell boy for me.

I thought he originally wanted to do two movies and people pressured him to do three. In hindsight the hobbit could have been pretty good.

Somewhere along the line it went from 2 films to 3. I wish the Hobbit movies captured the tone and songs well like the Rankin Bass movie did.