What new TV series are you trying?

What new TV series are you trying?

Whats worth a damn?

Thank you moshe

I gradually noticed some of these comedy-shows has gotten worse and worse.
And as a battered housewife, I had a minor wish they would return to the original setting, but no, they went even lower this year.
That includes:
Superstore
Modern Family
New Girl
Brooklyn Nine-nine

And some other.

As for SyFy, they still have some resemblence of stupid shit left: Z-nation, Killjoys, Dark Matter to mention some.

But then they come with shit like Aftermath where shit makes no sense.
A superstitious dad who is afraid of guns, and a "get shit done"-mother that freely uses guns. Includes some supernatural elements and all the answers are in the bible it seems, but nobody seems to care. Nobody cares that the guy who went missing arrives at their door and have a freakout due to possession by something and gets shot by the mother.
It's like they react as they would in the studio, and effects are added later without the actors being told.

Successful and stable black men are a staple of new shows. How nurturing and caring they are, how successful they were had it not been for that angry wacist cop or some minor accident that was only due to white ignorant male.

I got 3 episodes of Van Helsing waiting, but I'm not really looking forward to checking it out.

The X Files. Just polishing off season 6.

Enjoying it for what it is. It's nice to be able to consume a series voraciously; it's not something I usually participate in. It suffers from marathon watching, though, as one gets the feeling that their lives are a back to back rollercoaster of action instead of interspersed with daily mundanity which we'd get if we watched it on and off as normal TV schedules would permit.

I enjoy looking for flubs (corpses breathing gently or twitching in autopsy scenes) and the rare humor episodes are great fun as David Duchovny has great talent for delivering snark. Chris Carter had a good team for the show, at least so far.

I was mildly irritated by several back to back strong references to the Holocaust several seasons back (Mulder's past life, plus some other allusions). I'm not surprised that they were there, but it was just a bother to suffer it laid on so thick and exaggerated. It just felt inappropriate, but then again, that promptly ended so I can't complain.

I suppose in a way the new series triggered a desire to get current with the show.

I think the Exorcist series is okay so far

Is the new Talen worth a watch? I like action schlock, so more of the same is always appreciated.

Apparently there's a Roadside Picnic series in development, so that will be shit.

At least we have The Flash, which is actually fun at times, and despite the pozzing at times, worth a watch for fun.

Really?

i watched the next generation and i'm at season 6 of DS9 right now. it's a shame i'm not gonna get more space hitler episodes, but hey, it was fun while it lasted
no clue what to watch after i finish DS9 though. i've been hearing good things about babylon 5, so i might try that

yah, rly

Stranger Things is okay if you haven't seen it. It's not perfect, but it's probably the best thing I've seen in the last three years. It's not exactly original, but it does what it set out to do well. The sad thing is the only reason it doesn't suck is because it takes place in the '80s, so it has what TV Tropes likes to call "Deliberate Values Dissonance". In other words, it's not pozzed to shit and back because it takes place in a historical time period, instead of the Current Year. The cucks at TV Tropes have half of the YMMV section filled with shit like about how the casual homophobia in the series may be "unsettling" to some viewers.

I just watch Miami Vice instead. First season is good stuff.

I dont actually watch movies or tv, im here just for the memes

Stranger Things was good, but OP might have a problem with it.
Winona Ryder (though she was my favorite character)
There are 2 fathers in the show (whose kids are currently living). One fits this trope perfectly. The other is a a clear bad guy who only wants money. OP would like Hopper though.

Joyce clearly isn't meant as the typical, cliched idealized portrayal of a strong, independent single mother, though, she's neurotic as fuck, even at the best of times, can barely keep her household together, and only gets by through relying on her eldest son as a sort of surrogate husband to take the "strong male" role in the house, her family is clearly meant to be dysfunctional, and while she means well and is devoted to her children, her attempts at helping often make things worse. I personally got the impression the reason things are so chaotic in their home is because of the lack of a strong, patriarchal figure.

I'll agree with you on the two dads, but to be fair, it's assumed most of the kids in Hawkins come from good families, both Dustin (Lisp) and Lucas (Black) seem to have good relations with both their parents, and like you said, Hopper is pretty much the ideal devoted father, but fallen into a deep depression due to the death of his only child from cancer.

We never see Lucas' father, but I hope it's the black cop. They both fill the same role in their respective group (cast the most doubt on anything that's not normal). Also, they're the only black characters in the show.

Wasn't this just Elfen Lied?

Here's a fun headcanon for you Stranger Things fans: It takes place in the same setting as Call of Duty: Black Ops. The CIA's experiments in Stranger Things mirrors the Soviet's experiments with mind control at Vorkuta, almost destroying the USA with sleepers and using Mason to assassinate JFK in BO.

Everyone on this board should watch vid related, it's truly an 11/10 show.

If you take it as a cautionary tale presenting an allegory of the Clintons and other corrupt, political dynasties, House of Cards is very good at portraying the terrifying world of modern politics. There's tons of poz, don't get me wrong, but it's all in the frame of detailing the immorality of the starring characters. I never got the impression it was attempting to glorify it or promote it. For me, it's less entertainment and more of an educational character study. Probably not what you're looking for, but that's just my opinion.

Why do people keep cutting out the name and post number from screencaps? Is it because it makes it easier to hide the (you) thing?

What did those numbers mean?

Agree, Exorcist is good for a mainstream TV series.

literally none of them. the newest tv show that has had any appeal to me Rome, and i avent even watched that yet. the newest show i am actually watching is SG1

The successful niggers been pushed for ages now. Since Will and Grace did it for homos with Will they're not pushing onto niggers as it's the next progressive narrative to push.

I couldn't get through the annoying kids playing D&D, it broke my immersion bad. Is it always annoying kids who can't act or does it move beyond that?

Historical is no longer safe. They poz the fuck out of history now.

It tried watching this but the spic woman cabinet member and stronk independent womyn journalist character in the first two episodes pissed me off so much I couldn't continue

It's shit

You do realize kids did play D&D in the '80s, right? It's not like they were playing fucking Elder Scrolls.

You do realize dice that roll off the table aren't considered and must be rerolled correct?

The entire scene was written by someone who has no idea about /tg/ shit. It was utterly fake and shitty.

You do realize they had fucking Pussy Riot appear in one episode, right? I don't mean characters based on Pussy Riot, or similar to them, I mean the actual, real life members of Pussy Riot, the ones who got arrested in Russia. I'm guessing you haven't gotten to that episode yet, because that's when I stopped watching.

You do realize you can reply to more then one post at a time in a single, contained post, correct?

go troll else where

I apologize. I posted it looked like your post and the one below it about Pussy Riot were from the same person, wasn't trying to troll.

What level's of poz are we talking about here?

The show is bland.
They essentially just combined a bunch of stephen king story elements into one show.
If you've ever read his stories then you know exactly what's going to happen.

Dark Matter is the best.

Watch: Under The Dome

P. good.

I laughed out loud when I read the synopsis, I don't believe you.

Why so many cuckpilled threads lately?

I just watched two episodes of Designated Survivor. I can see people maybe liking it, but I couldn't stay focused during the 2nd episode.

So far it seems a bit like 24 meets House of Cards, but mostly 24, including Kiefer Sutherland.

Nothing. Western entertainment is dead. Try watching anime.

Gotta be on the right side of history, right?

In that sense, it's much like the political establishment it portrays.

That's terrific. What's it from?

webm title is the name of the series.

And here I thought it was just a comment about our role in all this.

It's just a coincidence it's also the title.

I stopped watching at the D&D scene too. Couldn't stand the shit acting of the children, especially since it looks they will be front and center characters with a lot of screen time.

Also, the white cuckling looks like an alien. It scared me.

OP's pic is retarded, a real man takes care of his wife and her children no matter what, and he feels good about doing it.

Nice try faggot.

You are brain dead. Nothing in that show is remotely realistic.