Twin Peaks

So what the hell was this series all about? Was it just 2deep4u bullshit? What's the point of a new season?

Black coffee, you dumb motherfucker

Its hard to pick up the point of the show today, because it lacks context.

It was a satire of other TV shows, specifically a show called Peyton Place.

They were trying to tell a much darker and weirder story than its time allowed, specially on TV. So it turned out weirder than if they had openly made the story as dark as it was supposed to be.

One of those cases in which limitations and genre deconstruction lead to interesting results.

Eccentric characters.

'twin peaks' is a synonym for breasts

and the cherry pie
and the log lady
and the autistic guy
and realising who the true protag was (Donna)
and knowing that Donna needed Audrey to complete her quests
and knowing that the killer was never really revealed or caught
and wanting to know what happened to Cooper while he was trapped in the room while that freak thing took over his body
and what happened to his GF

wasn't it Bob who made the blonde chick's father kill the blonde chick?

I will just emphasis the really in that sentence, because I believe it not to be BOB and MIKE. So we will see.

do you have a reason for that? or just a feeling?

Well one reason would be that Lynch never wanted to reveal the killer, there by giving us a false flag, the other reason is WTF HAPPENED TO COOPER like is there a bigger baddie? Mostly just the feels.

You must have brain damage

That's BOB, idiot

Nah bro bob was in the black lodge, so Cooper's doppleganger took his place, as Cooper is not the right profile to be taken over.

That's very helpful, thanks user.

This doesn't seem plausible.
Some user here also said the guy even raped him, before he died and entered the child's body.
Even if we say okay, the spirit inside Leland isn't Bob - which is impossible, if you think about the scene in Fire Walk With Me, when Laura sees through Bob to see the true face of her rapist - the killer is still Leland.

It's an expression of David Lynch's degeneracy.

Surrealist detective story. Reality is a thin veil concealing a deeper truth; sometimes bright, sometimes dark. Reciprocated in a little town where everyone has something to hide.

Lost was notorious for building mystery, but never unravel it. By comparison, the unknown in Twin Peaks is a toy that's always being played around, until it explodes.

so deep

If I could go back and reclaim the hours I wasted watching this show I would.

Skip this shit show, the fad is a lie.

It was about how seeming perfection (the town, the Palmer family, Laura herself) can hide corruption. It was about the effects of degradation and vice on people. It was about the power of love, courage, and honesty in the face of evil, and the perils of confronting darkness.

So tell me user, what is your paragon of tv? Post 2007 doesn't count.

Elitists stick to plebbit top 10s. When called to make a choice and exhibit actual taste, they go back to IMDB scrubs.

I tried watching it last year and really didn't like it, though from what I read and hear it was ahead of its time and set a standard tons of other shows copied off. By the same measure, Game of Thrones led to tons of "fantasy/historical setting with gore and softcore fucking" carbon copies being shovelled out to cash in, so trying to watch GoT for the first time in about ten years will probably get the same response (i.e. "Urgh, more of this shit? It's so stale and overdone.").

GoT is total shit.

I honestly liked Deadly Premonition much more than Twin Peaks, felt a lot more focused and put the investigation front and center. It also felt less snobbish and more genuine.

This is probably best answer.

Lynch is all about playing with the audience's expectations - creating feelings of unease and unsurety about the 'rules' in his seemingly normal universes.

shit, someone who actually watched tv.

Yeah I was under the impression Fire Walk with Me more or less covered all that, it was Leland.

EEEEEE-LEC-TRI-CI-TEEEEEEE

David Lynch tells the same story everytime. The darkness underneath the perfect setting.

I like the show because it's comfy as hell. The good people and the banter between them.

Degenerate trash.

Am I the only one who enjoyed Twin Peaks, the drama series?

I'm not sure about that, it seems more like it's spiritually eastern. Which is probably why it was so popular in Japan. It's not a Christian series, that's for sure

Everything done by Lynch was just bullshit

Elephant Man is his only sane movie. And Eraserhead is just a simple satire that anyone can get thats why those 90 minutes of pure LOL SO RANDOM XD bullshit seem to make sense.

it was about who killed….meh i forget the bitches name…..turns out it was her father who was also molesting her