Weird Science thread

Which is better?

the movie obviously.

He was cast as the lead in Full Metal Jacket but got into a fight with Kubrick and was fired.

He could have been a DKR legend instead of a DK has-been.

Every movie he's been in is pure gold. Go fuck yourself.

Anthony pls

never seen the movie, but the show was fucking fantastic. the girl is also much better.

Kelly LeBrock was kino you pleb

yeah but vanessa angel > le brock

You know, I always remembered the show really fondly, but I went back and torrented the whole series a year ago, and a lot of the episodes don't hold up. It wasn't as funny as I remember.

That said, plenty of the episodes still *are* gold, the leads are more likable, Chett has considerable character growth through the course of the series going from antagonist to being one of the gang and ending up a love interest for Lisa. Not to mention his patriotism, love of guns and love of his country turn out to be useful on numerous times. The episode where he becomes a super hero is practically the best in the series.

Most importantly though, show Lisa >>>>>> movie Lisa. I actually wanted to fuck her. She had a pretty face and a food figure.

Everything about Lebrock disgusts me, even by 80's standards (so I'm ignoring her stupid giant hair) her giant lips are ugly as fuck, she's flatter than most men, and she's one of very few British women I've heard whose accent is actually a turn-off.

The fact that when making her they specifically opt to give her small breasts took me right out of the film. No heterosexual teen boy is going to opt for a flat chest.

Nice try reddit. You can't fool me.

agreed with the tits, her accent was fake as shit Australian trying to be British, which is why it sounds so bad

lawd almighty

this makes me more angry than you can possibly imagine.

Just because the woman in weird science was also intelligent and independent, while the boy in this is dumb and submissive?

that, the token nigger, the 'hurr glasses mean we're smart', the fact that both of them look like they have the collective IQ of a nit, the fact that they replaced the curiosity of the original characters with "real males arent worth shit so we have to make something better", etc.

Well, if a girl is curious about boys, she just has to flash her vagina and she will get boys. Wouldn't be very coherent.

touche

The one with this guy.

Are you talking about that Pickup Artist movie? While Molly Ringwald was in it, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a John Hughes flick.

What are you on about? That's Robert Downey Jr., famous for his role in weird science.

You can't be serious. Are you eleven? Next you'll be asking who Lea Thompson is.

The movie I guess, but they both aren't great. I can barely remember any of the TV episodes despite watching at least a dozen. Why was it even made into a series? Was Weird Science really that popular?

Hollywood just seems to have a thing about making John Hughes movies into television series. Ferris Bueller got a TV series too. Uncle Buck got two TV series.

TV show was much better