Blair Witch cam rip is out with decent quality so lets discuss it. What works? What doesn't? Why the fuck does it exist?

Blair Witch cam rip is out with decent quality so lets discuss it. What works? What doesn't? Why the fuck does it exist?

Spoilers ahead.

Time fuckery was great, but poorly used. So much potential and it does nothing with it

Niggers act like niggers and then shits bad.

Eternal night would of been an amazing end game but it doesn't work because there is no pregame. It goes straight from 0 to 60 and the original film works because it sits at a constant 30 and leaves you unnerved as the suspense grows

The SJW and the beta are worthless characters and serve no purpose in the story. SJW girl had potential when she turns but NOPE got to get a nigger kill who is now magically unsick. Think the trailer also shows scenes not int he movie for her

Body horror for no good reason. Didn't add anything to the movie

That house is nothing like the original but now it's raining and we're at the house

Too many cameras. Cameras should be limited in found footage and if they want a good shot it must cost the writer/characters a camera. It shouldn't be Spy kids electric spookaloo.

Ending was tense but doesn't pay off. Kind of sums up the entire film. It just doesn't pay off.

If they had played the slow burn this would of been a good way to explain a few things and grow the mythos. Instead it introduced yellow alien things screaming. Book of shadows is a much better sequel to BWP even though it's fucked by the studio.

I just recently watched the original for the first time, was better than I expected it to be.

The originals pretty cool.

The ending with the hot girl trapped in the cellar was my favorite part because it kept me awake thinking about it. The drone was under used and really everything before they find the house sucked. The Witch looked like Slenderman, but the Lane mentioned that she was tied to a tree with rocks hung from her limbs–so she was elongated. Fede Alvarez and his director of photography could have done a better job of this Project.

The drone was fucking pointless and should of failed right at the beginning.

I didn't even consider it to be the witch, seemed more like a monster than a deformed human.

The original is actually one of the best horror movies of all time, problem is it only works once, and the movies such a meme at this point everyone knows the ending, it's like 6th sense.

That's because it was the only movie to ever get the found footage gimmick right, and it knew that pacing is important.

I still think the ending is legitimately one of the best in a horror film.

Book of shadows built on the Mythos, it worked as a meta film and it didn't completely fuck the first movie up by revealing the Witch and implying it's aliens.

I regret even downloading this piece of shit. Not sure what I expected, I guess.

Is this the movie for people who complained that nothing happened and you never saw the witch in the first one?

This aught prove it!

I saw it before seeing this and thought it was messy but a flawed gem. Didn't know about the studio involvement, I think a directors cut could be a real winner.

Damn. That could've been an interesting movie.

I think there is some edit that cut out the gore and rearranged the scenes so that they resemble what the director originally had in mind, maybe that would be worth a watch.
Haven't seen any version yet.

as much as I hate found footage horror movies even I will admit its alright.

i don't suppose there's a version of this movie that reflects the director's original intent?

soft reboot of a movie that didn't need to be rebooted.
i will catch some shit for this but i love the original Blair Witch Project and thought it was a pillar in the overall horror genre, as in it inspired a generation of copycats that couldn't capture the originality.

i think the original is one of the great horror movies at least in the american sphere and the sequel really doesn't need to be there.

Downloaded and watching now. I'll post what I think when I'm done

ANIME IS NOT ALLOWED ON Holla Forums

ANIME SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON /TV

Holla Forums IS COMPRIMISED MODS ARE CHRISTCUCKS

MODS ARE EDITING POSTS TO HIDE THE TRUTH

ABANDON Holla Forums BEFORE YOU ARE COMPROMISED

nice vid user. Didn't know how deep they originally inteded it. Better than Nostalgia Critics shallow review.

I thought it was mediocre as a standalone horror movie because I like weird esoteric shit. I thought it would be completely horrible but it surprised me by being mediocre instead.

As a Blair witch movie it was shit. Nobody asked for this reboot, nobody needed it. It should have been an homage instead.

What do you think of the original?

I love the original. It's one of my favorite horror movies.

Also, I think the fact that this is a cam rip helps it a lot. I saw the trailer on youtube and it looked way too clean. This version looks much lower quality, and the camera used had autofocus turned on, so when it gets too dark, it goes out of focus. I doubt they put anything like that in the official version, but they should have.

Interesting, I initially didn't like the original Blair Witch but the more that I think about it I appreciate it more.

Now you've got me wondering if a horror movie that appears to be a camrip of some mysterious other movie could work. It would cut in after the title sequence so you never get the name of the actual movie. As it goes on people could start acting out in the theatre as if the movie was influencing them somehow.

Come to think of it you're right. This movie adresses basically all complains retards had about the original, as in it being to slowpaced, no actual monster, nothing happens, etc.

Maybe the director is a genius. Maybe this is all a big ruse of the director to prove that the original was perfect as is.

There's a fanedit that takes out all the things added by the executives. Google it.

The child's face on the door's reflection and ghost reflection really spooked me out in the theater. I don't know if I had just imagined that or not during watching but I'm glad it wasn't fake.
Are there other horror movies that do that sort of thing? Where there's something super fucking spooky but it's hidden subtly where you wonder if you actually saw the spook or not?

maybe Jacob's Ladder and the Exorcist?

The weirdest thing is that if you had followed the first movie and the trivia left on websites about it (AFAIK it was the first movie that did that, or at least the first that did it well, long before it was called viral marketing), especially the "found diary" of the girl.

There is nothing supernatural. There is no witch, just a ploy to kill the bitchy ex-gf.

It's left open ended, sure but everything in the movie, with nearly all the scenes when they're not running around scared, is pointing to that.

That's the greatest thing about the first one, the fact that no-one can really tell WTF is going on nor can properly draw conclusion.

So hey let's make a reboot/remake and put a CGI monster in it!

The first and second movie both had website shit going on.

No the first movie in the sense of Blair Witch 1, the first movie as in "history" to do a full multi-website and internet hype.

I'm stealing this idea fucking hell its got potential

Yes, we've all seen that video by now.

Gee, where did my immersion go?

What video? (I don't watch YT channels save red letter media once in while, I rewatched the original when they did a review).

Anyway, it's clear that the directors wanted the thing to look supernatural but the story isn't about it. It completely fits with the found footage thing they wanted to do and the improv' style. The footage is scary and disturbing, but the "events", the story, are "almost real" like all the rest of the real fake interviews, real fake trivia, real fake websites, etc…

IRL if girls goes missing in the woods it's not something /x/ related that got to her…

The Game Theory guy, Matpat, did a video with the same theory, although he sounded like more of a faggot trying to justify it.