Does the empire think they're the good guys? or do the stormtroopers, empire personnel know they're dicks>?

Does the empire think they're the good guys? or do the stormtroopers, empire personnel know they're dicks>?

Name one thing Empire did worth rebelling against.

They like blowing up inhabited planets

Inhabited by terrorists.

They're like the sandniggers of space.

The rebels are the sandnigger terrorists

The empire was just the republic, converted. Nothing had really changed except for palpatine becoming the overall ruler and dissolved the senate, useless shits.

Palpatine was space Sauron and was maniacally evil, don't know how much the average rebel knew about though.

Kind of hard to take orders from a man dressed like an Eyes Wide Shut character and think you're the good guy.

Old EU, they thought they were the better of two sides, not necessarily evil. Disney's Star Wars, they know they're evil and play it up because that's what all villains do! XD

WTF I love the Empire now

They didn't kill enough spaceniggers.

If you go by the EU then yes, they do. From their pov the rebel alliance is a bunch of terrorists with a somewhat naive ideology. Arguably they were proven right too. If you discount the EU then Star Wars' universe is as paper-thin as it's always been so they're a one-dimensional evil empire run by a space wizard.

Hans… Are we the baddies?

Empire spent more time stopping various alien client races from genociding each other and going exteriminatus on rival planets than they did fighting the rebellion.

From their point of view they were just the logical and legitimate heirs to the old system, like Roman Imperials paying lip service and admiring the Republic. Both sets of imperials swear as soon as they deal with existential threats to the state (which are eternal) they will go back to the republic.

To be fair, just like anything that wasn't Rome was non-civilized, in the old EU it used to be that anything that was not Imperial/Republic belonged to criminal/warlord conglomerates or stereotypical Corporate dystopian companies.

The skit was funny and all, but don't mostly all armed forces, including Americans, have some form of nasty imagery on their emblems?

Also >ScoutSniperSquad.jpg

The Empire were truly the good guys.
All the evil done was almost exclusive of Palpatine. Even Vader would have been an okay emperor, compared to Not-Soros.

In the EU, after palaptine died, all the Empires and similar ones that werent Sith-ruled, were normal, and better than any republican shit.

In the EU, every time that the New Republic and its clones toke galactic power, EVERYTHING WENT TO SHIT.

They did literally nothing wrong, their only failure was that they grew too arrogant and failed to recognise the threat a single jedi terrorist could pose.

but it's worth remembering the only reason the Imperial system worked so well and was so relatively corruption free for a galactic bureaucracy was that Palpatine was semi-mind influencing the entire empire through his custom built "Battle Meditation" thing.

As soon as Palpatine was gone, so was the magic and as expected the Imperium died more to every general declaring himself emperor Rome style, than to the Rebels.

evil people always say "it's for the greater good" and "we know best" and "we merely want order and stability" and so forth. the fact that they kill anyone who begins to oppose them proves the whole evil thing. SW isnt really known for grey morality.

Mostly swords, guns, cannons and other shit like that.
Not too many skulls from what I've seen.

You know the rebels would have been more justified if it was common knowledge Sheev is a cartoon villain who gains more power by being comically evil but the only one they ever really see is Vader. I get the impression nobody in the Rebels even knew that much about Sheev.

You mean like the rebels did? You wouldn't happen to be a Canadian official, would you?

They were CIS white male scum :^)

This is true, any shades of gray exist solely on the old EU. Lucas is a hack that should have let Zhan write the prequels.

They are run by the objectively evil sith order

As Palpatine once said "Good is a point of view."

From my perspective the Jedi are evil.

Does Holla Forums think they're the good guys? or do the shitposters, stormfront personnel know they're dicks>?

Yes the Sith Empire thought they were the good guys. Just like how the American Empire thinks it's good now when it drops drone bombs on children and funds/arms genocidal ISIS in order to topple Assad.

So what does the sith do that's evil?

I'd bomb children waving guns around too

You have to kill those fuckers young before they grow up and become more dangerous.

So you admit they support ISIS then. And you like that. Excuse me while I call the FBI.

they are the good guys, dumbass.

The Empire and the Republic were the same thing, it's a shame anything outside of the prequels never really understood that.

Destroying Alderaan was forced in order to make the Empire look cartoonishly evil. Same with Vader choking his own admirals over minor failures. It doesn't mesh with the high order establishment the Empire presented, nor with the way its officers carried themselves.

Those two plot elements are meant to convey "rebels good" "empire bad" to the children who grew up on the OT.

In A New Hope, the Empire possesses the Death Star, which in that universe is the most devastating weapon known to mankind. inb4 no it's not, because this and that from the Expanded Universe When they use it, and destroy Alderaan, the action itself is a plot device to establish how evil they are. So they are the bad guys, because they have the ultimate weapon and they actually use it.

Meanwhile, irl, the most devastating weapon known to mankind is the atomic bomb. The USA has/had this weapon and they used as well. So how come they didn't become the evil guys?

This. Even happening that, the thing is that the ones guilty of that is the Moff, and you could add Palpatine too, by letting genocidal Moff like Tarkins become pwerfull and without any control.

They would be the ones to be punished, not the entire Empire and its culture. But the thing is that the republicans always make all imperial guilty, regardless of the situation.

sounds like you got oped

THE EMPIRE AND PALATINE DID NOTHING WRONG
Non-humans deserve to be suppressed if not outright exterminated.

Xenos filth

Emperor is literally Soros in a robe.

In a better series there would probably be a conflict developed over Moff using the Death Star to stage a coup against the Emperor.

I mean he does command the most powerful battle-station in the entire Empire with a full legion of stormtroopers and its own defense fleet.

tfw you realise Anakin was right.

The prequels were true кино.

oh shit

Anakin did nothing wrong.

beside being an insufferable faggot with mommy issues and hooking up with a jewish "woman" I suppose not.

Well pretty much everyone hates the US, including many of its own people, so who's to say burgerland isn't the bad guys?

The vast majority of unit patches have what I mentioned on them.
There's barely a handful of patches with skulls.

She's a career politician who only got her job through nepotism (or planet wide loli fetish). Of course she would be against shaking the status quo.

I wonder if that's what George thinks.

but… mugh evil sith.

Shit empire if that's all it took

I thought you were talking about Hillary Clinton for a moment and was really confused.

this is probably the one good thing the new movie has done, opened up the casual's awareness to the idea of non-sith dark force using factions, like the prophets of the dark side.

it's not evil, just a different view of how to use the force.

Me too

What?
Has this ever happened before anywhere? I know Elective Monarchy is a thing, but even elected monarchs serve for life, they don't have term limits or run for reelection.

I forgot how fucking bad Episode II is.

Edgy but true.

The most ridiculous part is that Padme was elected world leader as a teenager.

This is why fags are currently indoctrinating our children and are allowed to have gay sex out in the open during pride parades.

This is why wizard blood will be infinitely diminished for the rest of time, because

This is why Islam is currently the fastest growing religion in the world; because actual humans are allowing it to remain unchecked.

This is why, in all movies, the bad guy is actually right. Movies don't exist to entertain you; they exist to make you think and believe a certain way.

Good you mean.

The Sith Empire is from the Expanded Universe (Non-Canon). Palpatine's State was the Galactic Empire. The Sith Empire knew they were a bunch of assholes, they just didn't give a shit. Most Galactic Imperials thought they were the good guys.

The Rebels were just a bunch of hotheads who couldn't stand big guys.

That Aristotle quotation is fake af.

Doesn't really matter who said it. It could have been attributed Bill Clinton; wouldn't make it any less of a fact.

I read she was supposed to be 18-20, the youngest elected world leader in their planet's history, but they aged her down to 14 because George thought that an 18 year old being romantically attracted to a 11 year old would be disturbing, so he made Padme younger instead of, you know, aging Anakin up to a teenager.

Why was it so fucking important for Anakin to be a child in the first film, anyway? Why couldn't he have been around 17 or so?

Or he could have made Padme a hereditary monarch who later abdicates and runs for the Senate because she believes in democracy. Would have given her character more depth, and it makes her election to the Senate more believable if she's a beloved royal.

I agree. They could have used the same actor for all three movies and had a more interesting relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Leia was a princess, so her mother had to be a queen, its like poetry.

If Anakin was older the romance with Padme could have begun in Episode I instead of being rushed in Episode II.

Padme was meant to be attracted to Anakin in Episode I? I didn't pick up on that at all. I just thought Anakin had a crush on her which she thought was cute.

Moderates get nowhere, politically speaking.

His post did not imply either centrism or relativism.

I think he's like a less proactive Trump, he'd rather not take up the reigns himself but he can't just look on as things fall apart due to corruption and other buffoonery.

By implying that it is NORMAL to have many viewpoints the "infographic" is promoting relativism. Sometimes, you flimsy faggot, there is only right and wrong.