I think at the very least, this is one thing we can pretty much all agree on...

I think at the very least, this is one thing we can pretty much all agree on. While Robert Downey Junior is pretty much the main draw for Iron Man and a big part of that franchises success, and Chris Evans is going to be really difficult to replace for Captain America when the time comes, this guy right here is 100% replaceable. Beyond that, let's say 200% replaceable.

His version of Bruce Banner has virtually no presence on screen. He has practically no dialogue, practically no character, the actor isn't someone that female audiences have swooned over, and the only thing anybody likes about the character is 100% CGI. They could announce a new actor tomorrow, and no one would give a shit. In fact, I suspect when the time comes to ditch him, they're just going to have the Hulk remain a CGI character permanently.

The only time I liked him as the Hulk was in the Avengers, the rest not so much.

I liked Eric Bana more

I want Edward Norton back. He was surprisingly good as the Hulk.

Same, but I like Edward Norton best.

I think Bana did a better job pulling off "my life is pretty much over, I need to be a robot at all times or I'm going to be lying face down in a leveled city when I wake up" but that's just me

Bana and Norton both portrayed the kind of neurotic tightly wound sperg that Banner canonically is far better than this guy does. Nothing about his performance or demeanor suggests the kind of barely repressed issues that someone who turns into a giant green rage monster because of radiation and a shitty childhood has. I've seen some of his other movies and he can act but he is phoning this shit in hard.

With Mark Ruffalo they tried to explain it by saying he found a different way to portray the character. There's a vid where Cuck Whedon explains this.

What was sensitive Joss's reasoning for having Ruffalo portray Banner so out of character? I'd watch the video but I can't stand the sound of his voice.

His reasoning was that Mark Ruffalo took the character in a different direction than Norton by having him come to terms with the Hulk rather than always fighting against it like Norton did.

Nigger acts more like he came to terms with his crippling Valium addiction.

His hulk looked better than every other movie hulk though.

Not thanks to him, thanks to the CGI artists.

Remember when he called women against feminism stupid on his tumblr?

Miss me yet?

Sure do.

yes but I really don't give a shit about celebrities political opinions since they don't know what they are talking about.

Ruffalo is shitty as the Hulk, but then the Hulk isn't a very interestng character to begin with.

Aside from an episodic TV show, all his media have flopped because no one cares to see a story with him in it.

No one reads comics.

You mean Bruce Banner. People like the Hulk because he's basically an out of control monster of rage and they like to see Hulk Smash and wreck shit up.

Nah, I mean the Hulk.

He's just a big green retard who spergs out.

well in the comics the Hulk persona is a result of Banner being abused by his father as a child and the Hulk is one of his many multiple personalities.

The show worked for years as a sort of cautionary tale. Satisfaction on a weekly basis. He's spending all of his time trying to actively avoid confrontation and stay out of trouble, but assholes simply won't leave him alone. It's satisfying when someone's a jerk and he's like "Seriously, don't do this!" and they're just laughing and put him into some device to kill him, and the Hulk pops out of the other side of the machine growling and ready to start throwing people in slow motion.

Hulk can be a very satisfying character to watch in this regard, and I think Norton did a pretty good job with the character. I'm still curious what changes it was he demanded that Marvel wasn't willing to compromise on with him.

He's had a number of interesting storylines in the comics, and has a few interesting villains. That's generally how I define whether or not a comic book character is good, the quality of his villains, and whether or not he has any interesting stories. Hulk's got the Planet Hulk storyline, one of his more major enemies is The Maestro, who is quite simply a much older (bald with grey beard) version of him from the future who decided to stop being nice, kill everyone who opposed him and take over the world. Repressed urges, that's what he's all about. And he's got Leader, Abomination and Red Hulk to contend with as well.

The problem with the character is that as time passes they just want to make him less and less special. There's like a dozen Hulks active in Marvel right now, at one point there was an event where everyone became Hulk. They do this to every character until there's nothing special or unique about them anymore.

In Norton's Hulk, it sure was satisfying to see those Brazillian jerks get what they deserved but also showed how much of a double edged sword transforming into the Hulk meant, after Banner came back to normal. Ruffalo's Bruce Banner was so different from previous versions, he just turned into a quiplord and had no seriousness in him at all, totally unlike the Bruce we've come to know. But that was The Avengers as a whole, even transforming into the Hulk had no repercussions, save for that one scene with Black Widow and I still don't believe that Black Widow was able to hold off against the Hulk for as long as she did.

They should replace him with Billy Herrington.

No, your movie sucked.

They still air the show here some times and I find it unwatchably boring. Nothing happens for 35 minutes and then the Hulk appears, rips some cardboard up and goes RRUURRR as people run away. It's not as good as you remember or you have nostalgia goggles.

It's probably something like with Edgar Wright, where trying to make a good film got on the way of cinematic universe. Norton likely wanted to keep Banner a real character instead of a cardboard cutout for Downey Jr. to bounce jokes off of. This didn't mesh with Marvel's bland formula (and universe), so they kicked him out, despite agreement that Norton would have degree of creative control over the project.

I liked him as a Banner/Hulk, but his abilities were just wasted on superhero movies.

no movie has taken the time to develop the character of banner outside of the Ang Lee one. Banner is always living in the shadow of the Hulk and exists in a permanent reactionary state. We know next to nothing about Banner's goals, motivations, feelings on things, etc. Ruffalo also decided to make him exceptionally meek and passive so in any scene with anyone else he's always the most boring screen presence. He should be played as a nerdy dude who knows he has a secret weapon. He's just not compelling at all and as a result audiences don't know what to do with him. They just don't know how to tell a story with him, and any good one would have Banner right in the middle of it.

You can't tell a good Hulk story. You can tell a good Batman story or a good Captain America story, but not a good Hulk story.

The steps to any Hulk story are:

So it's good for episodic format where you just watch a deaf guy in green skin paint rip up cardboard. But it can't be the basis for capeshit, as pathetic as that is, it can't.

I believe they kicked him out because he was reportedly hard to work with and asked for a stupid amount of money

You missed

that's false my dude

Holla Forums IS COMPRIMISED MODS ARE CHRISTCUCKS

MODS ARE EDITING POSTS TO HIDE THE TRUTH

ABANDON Holla Forums BEFORE YOU ARE COMPROMISED

ANIME IS NOT ALLOWED ON Holla Forums

ANIME SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON /TV

fuck off goon

ANIME SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON /TV====Holla Forums IS COMPRIMISED MODS ARE CHRISTCUCKS

==ANIME SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON