Why was this movie so shitty?

Why was this movie so shitty?

Because the movie was just parts of the TV series that was cut up and put together to make it a movie.

You are talking about the 2001 movie right?

Uhh, yess of course. Although I've never seen the television show because of the polish.

There is a torrent of the entire witcher tv series with english subtitles out there.

I heard a story that the Witcher Tv series lost a lot of funding because communists stole most of it.

Don't know if it's true, but there you go.

if they make a new witcher movie, i want gerard butler to play geralt, but only if they actually dye his hair and shit.

There is a new Witcher movie coming out in 2017 and i think they are going to use Michal Zebrowski to play as Geralt.
Which is fair, because i can only see this film being made in Poland.

nah i'm pretty sure it's being made over here in burgerland. plus that guy hasn't done shit since like 2007, but he really does nail the visual look.

okay, so it's a polish-american production

guaranteed they won't use some little shrimp faggot from shithole nowhere in poland. that role screams A-list/B-list.

Yeah, they probably will go with a big name actor, hopefully they will go with someone like Viggo Mortensen or Mads Mikkelsen.

The TV series was great, it had one goofy looking CGI dragon at one point but besides that it was all good.

Is that a Jew goblin?

I thought Holla Forumsand didn't have jews?

>>>Holla Forums

As far as adaptation goes… it gets some things wrong, like Geralt's flashbacks of his mother, that screws up some of the plot twists from the book, or in episode about how he got name of "blaviken butcher" they cut out most of the story, which explained why he was hesitant to kill Renfri and dialog between them before their duel lacks context.

Because it was a part of a money laundering scheme, and movie obviously didn't cost almost 20,000,000 that was gven as the official budget. Movie's producer was also involved in one of the bigger scandals in Polish politics (Rywin Affair), so movie might be connected to that too. That scandal involved power over media, media conglomerate, monopolies, "people in power," wanna be oligarchs, and a mysterious death.

No it wasn't. Geralt used a fucking katana instead of a longsword, there were women witchers, many characters didn't look like they were described in the books, and it is full of plot holes and goofs.

Because the game is shitty.

not since 1945

Brendan Fraser for Geralt

I wish, only good thing alongside music on that awful tv series

The TV series predates the games by a pretty wide margin.

Yennefer is best girl. Hope they don't put her in it and ruin her. But if I had to pick an actress to play her maybe Eva Green?

I'd love to see Pan Jan in another film.

Yennifer is an aggressive dominating slut. Triss is obviously waifu material.