If you absolutely HAD to reboot it how would you have done it?

If you absolutely HAD to reboot it how would you have done it?

I dig it

I'd make it even worse than CISbusters to the point that retarded normalfags would have nothing but complete and utter disgust for remakes/reboots in general and force shitty executives to greenlight some other bullshit for the next two decades instead, which is when their shitty kids would be all grown up and ready for the cycle of remake shit to begin anew. Hopefully I'd be dead and gone at that point

with the four funniest women in comedy, of course. there is literally no other way to do it.

Probably impossible. The modern crop of actors are so fucking bland and generic.

The old cast is either retired, incarcerated or dead.

Reality tv has desensitized Americans to the super natural, which has caused the super natural world to piss off.

You could then have events start happening in some location to some random people, where it's discovered by those people that the remaining ghost busters are attempting to reignite the belief in the supernatural in an attempt to bring the spooky back and give the ghost busters a reason for being again.

Christ, even with all that Photoshop they can't make that sheboon look like anything other than an ape.

-louis tully jr shows up at the firehouse because he needs a job
-janine is still there being her old bitchy self, even though her own son just showed up
-the only one around is ray, though it's mentioned that winston stops in for work from time to time (he became a best-selling author and got a forkload of money)
-egon died from science experiments
-venkman married dana, they have three children (2 together and oscar) and moved to chicago

eh, that's as far as i can go. last thing i would want is for one of my favorite movies of all time to be rebooted.

I wouldn't reboot it in the first place. I would have backed the Ghostbusters 3 script that they were trying for years to get made.

I wouldn't reboot it in the first place but just did like Extreme and International and progress the series. The monster's would be more realistic and horror driven like Extreme in the early seasons and more global battle like Men in Black. Interchange 3 groups of 3-4 people as they tackle their own ghost problems that eventually leads to it all connecting to a big bad they have to face.

Have it be diverse as star trek but give them enough importance that their race or sex doesn't matter. Could even be a big threat that you get to see flashes of different ghostbuster groups from Russia or India. At the end they do a giant global synced dance routine to Fallout Boy. Okay, maybe not that last one but something that speaks about the teamwork that all the ghostbusters all over the world bring and how united they are as a team and corporation.

All the characters are jews. Haunted houses in israel that were built on islamic burial grounds. Ghosts typically tend to allahu akbar.

Ghostbusters.2016.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-EVO

i won't ever destroy my vision, thank you very much sir.

The best thing to come out of the 2016 turd (besides cucks and feminists being btfo) was how so many people went back to watch the two movies, Real Ghostbusters and played the video game. A complete and utter backfire on Paul Fag and his Sony overlords.

that was a good game

I'd rather watch george zimmerman track down and catch trayvon martin's ghost

Women are funny, get over it guys

Make a movie of the real Ghostbusters.

Instead of using proton packs, they all get giant penises and fight ghosts with their anti-ghost splooge.

Just make a Luigi's Mansion movie instead.

Rick Moranis would still play himself. His kids are grown up. He can come back into acting.

Replace Adam Driver with Betty White and you've got movie gold!

Kids of main characters are never anything more than their parents repackaged or their uncle/aunt repackaged. And it doesn't suit the ghostbusters. The way to do it is thus

It's an incredibly easy story to write if you can find the right actors. Any of the original cast can play the mentor so if you can find one sane enough who wants to do it (Ray or Winston work best since they're not dead or a walking corpse). It even allows for double merchandising in the form of the old equipment and the new. That's twice the hero toy line.

There's this scene in the game, where they go through a building wrecked by the stay puff man. Ray looks outside at NYC by night, and says "just look at her, God I love this city".

That moment alone was more ghostbusters than the entirety of the reboot.

I'd rather make a sequel, something like Extreme Ghostbusters.

WTF is wrong with the world?

Chris Pratt and Will Smith in his prime (not now) are the only people here suitable for the ghostbusters. Ryan Reynolds is too XD random and Adam Driver is only fit to play a rat ghost. But then your cast is too attractive and it's no longer realistic in it's characters

Rick Moranis has no interest in Ghostbusters, he's not a faggot who relies on past fame to boost his ego. He's the opposite of Bill Murray where he can move on with his life and find meaning in things other than "XD I'M AN (E)CELEB XD"

I wouldn't because the originals weren't funny at all

Forgot to mention,

This wraps up the original cast's stories without having to pull them onto the set and show they've melted. It lets them spend 5 minutes in a recording studio, take a couple of grand home while not over shadowing the new cast or doing what Cisbusters did where you cringe at all of them. This is the only way to do cameos that work in the ghostbusters setting IMO

These days Rey would hate the city, he'd ask why Stay puff was the only white guy here any more.

I would have told it from Winston's perspective. He is the most normal guy out of the bunch being a construction worker.
In a movie with strange shit and weirdos normal guys make a good anchor for an audience to relate to.

Keep the 'science conquers the paranormal' theme, add a 'technology is beneficial to humankind' theme.

Show how the proton blasters and ghost traps actually are constructed, tested and perfected.

Make Ecto-1 a Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 station wagon and towards the end introduce Ecto-2 (gyrocopter like in the animation).

Have a point of view of Ray where he actually sees through the goggles he is wearing.

why didn't they make more Ghostbusters game with a new team lead by the Rookie? This game was perfect with handing the torch off to you, the player and Ghostbusters fan, which is something no movie could've done, and would've easily lead to more games.

if I absolutely HAD to?…. Probably keep the story very similar to the first one finding actors who could play the roles. I'd also use puppets and keep special effects to a minimum so it was really impactful when they would happen. That's pretty much it.

I believe that game used a bit of the original script for the third film. Of course, that was scrapped for the new female spider-women didn't work out Ghostbusters film.

I believe the Ghostworld stuff was inspired by the Ghostbusters going to hell in one of the GB3 scripts.

yes and yes. the game is for all purposes ghostbusters 3.

Not amazing but a reasonable pitch for a solid 7/10 film if you can cast it well (i.e. not all female). I can't help but think I've seen the 'new equipment sucks, take the old shit out of the museum' thing a thousand times before but it can be pulled off if you've got a cast and crew who sincerely loved the original films. You'd make a good profit, kickstart your career and Sony would turn it into a cinematic universe thus driving it into the ground.
You get bonus points if you can subtly point out how easy it is to track people through wifi devices and how the government will use any crisis as a good excuse to extend its powers.

I'd write a serious script of moral and religious horror, confronting death, damnation, questions of free will, and an angry God. I'd make the Ghostbusters into maverick scientists operating on the fringe, with questionable morals and sanity. I'd get William Friedkin or Lars Von Trier to direct.

What weird graphics
the proton pack looks really good
everything else is ugly as fuck though

Can we get this instead of a ghostbusters reboot or reboot of anything at all?

I was thinking more along the lines of this.

An animated prequel called Ghostbusters: The Booginning.