The Graduate

Why is it so fucking good?

It had a great soundtrack too.

It speaks to the large section of viewers that are like the main character. They want to believe that a shallow and completely uninteresting nonentity like Benjamin and themselves could somehow inspire a mother and daughter to battle each other over them.

Damn right

Ben is relatable. Anne Bancroft does a great job and her character is strong and interesting. Ben's affair with a MILF and his pursuit of a pretty girl are both common fantasies among young male viewers.

Mrs Robinson's attraction to him was based on his physical attractiveness and maybe also his youthful innocence. She makes it clear that she has no interest in getting to know him better. And Elaine bonded with him over their shared sense of alienation. If you bear in mind that Ben is a star athlete and is meant to be good-looking, it makes a lot of sense.

Don't forget the emptiness Ben feels when he finally does unites with Elaine.

THE SOUNDDDDD OF SILENCEEEE
It's not, you just empathize with Benjamin, because you both have autism.
It's too fucking slow.
No.
A lot of the cinematography is good though, and the theme of disenfranchisement works very well.
It was a success because many of the young adults when the movie came out were special snowflakes that really empathized with the expectations Benjamin had to deal with, and his almost self-imposed alienation.
If you want some real kino, watch pic related.

You don't have to be a special snowflake to relate to that. Every young person with a little bit of sensitivity feels like Ben sometimes.

Midnight Cowboy is also slow. I agree that it's better than the Graduate though, it might be my favorite movie of all time.

omg so brave xDDD

Midnight Cowboy's damn good. I love it.

What'd you expect? It was made by Baby Boomers.

not really. Baby Boomers were barely out of college when it came out

the director and producer were Jews, though

It came out at least 1967, so you might be right there if we take in consideration very early baby boomers I'm talking 1940-42. You got me there on the Jew stuff though.
Are Simon and Garfunkel Jews?

yes

Hello darkness my old friend…

I still like some of their music

me too. it's not like everything made by Jews is pure evil

just gotta watch out for Marxist programming

Me too

The Boxer is good, but kinda beginner tier

That's a good favorite of mine, I always liked 'Got A Groovy Thing Going", it's one of the few high energy songs they made, besides Cecilla.

too bad Cecilia is about a cuck

I GOT UP TO WASH MY FACE
WHEN I COME BACK TO BED
SOMEONE'S TAKING MY PLACE

I always thought it was "someone's taken my place"

Either way, a bull's fucking Cecilia.
BA-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA, BA-BA-BA-BA-BA-BAAAA