Is Kino's Journey kino? or is it the journey of kino?

Is Kino's Journey kino? or is it the journey of kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/bbc/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How can a cartoon be kino?

You cunt, I was going to make this thread.

Regardless, Kino no Tabi is interesting if you want to see a strange world through the eyes of a morally grey protagonist (in that sense it reminds me of The Witch novels). It explores various parables, consisting of politics, religion, the human spirit, what makes us human, and our raison d'etre. It's brooding, melancholic, and just generally somber. By all means a slow burn, and as such not for everyone.

Also, you can tell that it is an adaption of a novel series, due to both the writing and pacing.

>>>/a/

Kinos Journey is overrated boringcore. Remind me why it's supposed to be good.

Talking motorcycle

Cute /k/ tomboy on a motorcycle.

>>>/a/

I want to fuck Kino!

And there we have it folks. The only reason to watch anime, admitted by the anime watcher himself. literally muh dick the medium

it's just a bunch of buzzwords all anyone wants to do is masturbate to anime we all know it

Are you gay?

More like cuckino. I'd pay to see her get BLACKED during her journey though tbqh.

Also, that puny ass bike. I bet a piaggio moped has more power than that civil war chinese granny's bike. If you want to ride a scooter, at least ride scooters for men.

A kino cannot be brooding, melancholic, or somber. Kino can't be associated with any kinds of emotion, because kino must show reality in the most truthful way. Such emotional manipulations have no place in true Kino, because Kino must define the emotions of the characters in the purest, most realistic way instead of forcing the audience to "sympathize" in their emotions. Cuckino no Tabi is more of a bland, clint eastwood wannabe flick that tries to be deeper than it actually is, a generic anime hero's story, than a kino.

And no, kino is not always about raison d'etre, it doesn't automatically turn a flick into a kino. Sometimes, it would make it too preachy. Look at Zerkalo, tell me where the politics and existential questions are? Kino is all about the logic of poetry. It is written like a poetry and visualized like a poetry. The harmony between object and sequences, mise en scene, are the things that matter the most. Kinos are not applauded for their philosophical dialogs, but the philosophy that are told through the mise en scene.

A man in Offret plants a tree while thinking about the tree's lifespan that will exceed his. Three glasses are clearly moving by their own, not by the tremors caused by the train, while dandelion dusts from are flying in the air, which represents hope. These are the poems told through mise en scene that people expect from Kino. Showing """"cool"""" images and making the viewers """"""""""think"""""""""" is not enough to make a kino.

Mysticism and spirituality in kino grow from the humility of the main character, who seemed to be weak at first but is actually invincible due the their faith. Cuckino is too strong of a character to be a kino character. A kino character is weak because he doesn't trust his own power and considers everything good that happens to him as a grace. Cuckino though, is just a bland stronk independent womyn animeme character with "muh special powerful ability that exceeds the side and background characters' powers."

With all respect, you and are mistaken. Kino's Journey is not an emotional journey, although it does contain brief moments of sadness, nor is it about the hero's journey, raison d'etre, or philosophical dialogues. The quiet protagonist travels through the countryside, rarely intervening and offering little commentary, with no notable skills aside from good marksmanship and motorcycle repair. Philosophy is conveyed through pure cinematography and editing, alongside occasional conversations with working-class people, such as a series of railway workers whose tales mean nothing on their own, but harmonize and deliver a concept which the viewer is trusted to understand rather than explain it to him as a lesser work (such as most faux-kino and fedoracore) might.
With the exception of a single two-part episode, I would argue that Kino's Journey counts as borderline kino and your post, while offering a good description of what kinography is, reveals that you have not watched Kino's Journey and have grown lax in your dialogues, preferring to slap the same labels and descriptions onto media and hoping people won't notice how you've fallen prey to formula. Tippety-top of the day to you, my good sir, and find a job in the film reviewing industry where you could easily become an acclaimed film critic without actually watching anything.
Writing like that makes me want to vomit. You're a pretty funny writer and I honestly believe you could make a lot of money off poser academics and hipster-tier moviegoers if you bullshitted hard enough.

Kino is a journey in itself, Mr. Almost-Dubs.

You could say it's a journey into a journey of a journey. It's kino.

Mushishi is better in every way.

I'm pretty sure this Kino is more kino.

Shit talking motorcycles are pretty rad.

False, I've watched a portion of an episode in youtube. And to simply put this, I'm allergic to anime. While I might be able to endure mangas a bit longer, I can't really watch anime.

I remember watching this anime as a kid, probably 8 or 9 years old. I sufficiently remember an episode where this kino girl fights in an arena, beating tough guys in armor clads and armed with flamethrowers and shotguns and such. I was like, what the fuck? How is this not a hero's journey. I was also weirded out and disgusted by the talking bike whose voice was soooo faggy from what I remember. I'd rather watch spongebob so I changed the channel.

Those are my only vivid memories of cuckino no tabi. Tried to watch it again on youtube just now, but unfortunately, still not interested at all. The anime is pretty bland looking.

You haven't even explained to me how "Philosophy is conveyed through pure cinematography and editing", because that's not what I'm seeing. There's nothing kino that really stands out in this cuckino anime. You don't need a van gogh tier visionary imagery and expensive analog synthesizers with crystal clear recording device to create an anikino (or maybe you do), but it still needs to be lively anyhow. Don't ask me how, I'm not a directeur. All I know is Kino no Tabi looks and sounds bland.

You're just describing the plot, the framework. Just because it used kurosawa plot doesn't mean that it can automatically be kino. The composition and other aspects in mise en scene of this anime seems generic too me. Look, you need to explain it further. I want to know why it is classified as kino according to you. Maybe try to tell me why the dialogue is "kino."

Well, I can arguing that it is the anime that is formulaic rather than my writing. I, too, hold a certain, often rehashed formula in analyzing films, but if the source material is formulaic too I wouldn't be able to get out of my rehashed formula since I would have to address the same flaws all the time.

That explains it: the only bit of Kino's Journey you've seen is the "single two-part episode" I mentioned that doesn't fit in with the rest of the show at all or qualify as kino, which is objectively the worst place to start. Most of the show is centred around travelling to different city-states and things like nursing a group of starving traders in a blizzard back to health.
The visual composition is also weaker than the director's more famous work, Serial Experiments Lain, probably because of the low budget and no-name studio he was working with, as unlike film budget and animator skill severely limit the kinds of shots even a skilled director can pull off in animation. I still enjoyed Kino's Journey, whether it falls under your strict definition of kino or not.

Dub or sub for this one? I'd normally default to sub but I hear conflicting things elsewhere. It's been on my list for a while and I should probably get around to it.

Naw, Blacked.com is.

8ch.net/bbc/index.html