Slasher Movies

What are the best slasher movies?

Which are the worst?

Was Part IV really the best Jason flick?

The first movies in the big slasher franchises are invariably the best installments.

the reboot was actually pretty fucking good imo

Halloween
Are you afraid of the dark

Yeah, okay, I'll give you that.

Deep Red and Tenebre are the best ones ever made. If people count Friday the 13th as a slasher, then those are too since it's the same set up with not knowing who the killer is until the end.

The best American one is Halloween. Nothing else is close.

Not even The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Halloween is fucking boring. It was probably awesome 40 years ago, but nowadays, it's a yawn-fest

This, on the other hand is incredibly gruesome, violent and insane, and it's even older than Halloween. So I say Chain Saw is better

By the way, the best Friday is the VI.

You mean jason takes manhattan? The one where he's in manhattan for all of 15 minutes max? It's good for the scene where he smashes the girl with the guitar and at the end where he breaks the stereo.

Otherwise, best friday is probably 3 or 4.

No dude, he means Jason Lives. the one where Tommy Jarvis tries to do a hardcore vampire-style staking with a metal spear, but learns the hard way that vampire hunters use wooden stakes for a reason.

Jason Lives is good- on the whole, it's definitely the best of the zombie Jason movies- but best Friday? I don't think so.

I think I've seen the second Nightmare on Elm Street movie, but I'd like to watch a few good ones. Would that be the first and Dream Warriors? Those and the remake are the only one's I ever hear about.

More or less, yeah.

If you enjoy them, then Wes Craven's New Nightmare might be worth a watch, too- just don't bother with 4, 5, or Freddy's Dead.

I definitely put Halloween above TCM. Sorry, TCM is good but it's not a shot for shot master piece. I get it's supposed to be gritty, but I'd rather take Carpenter and Cundey film making finesse over that.

Nightmare 4 and 5 are great, people shit on them all the time though. I love them. Freddy's Dead is like a children's flick in some ways. Probably the weakest in the series, but again, I still like it.

Jason Takes Manhattan is a really great movie, but it needs more than one watching for the viewer to appreciate it. I saw it back in like 2003 or so, and then again almost 10 years after that. First, I thought "what the hell is this crap?" Second watch, I was like "this is great, in a trashy way"

Is Texas Chainsaw even a slasher movie?

Most slashers have one monster/villain that pursues multiple targets over an extended period, in multiple locations; TCM has multiple antagonists working together (though granted Leatherface does most of the work), the attacks all happen in basically one location, and most of the victims are taken out pretty quickly, with one of them being the target of the villains for most of the movie.

Craven was doing some weird meta shit with Horror and its symbolism in New Nightmare. To this day, I can't decide if I liked it or not.

I did, if only because he did make a honest attempt at making something new, which is a rare sight in Jewllywood.

Don't fuckā€¦ with the Chuck!

I appreciated the attempt but I'm not sure if the end product was something I enjoyed. Felt like too much meddling from other hands ruined what he tried to do.

I recently watched Lesson of the Evil, it's more of a black comedy slasher though.

Has a catchy "theme" too.