Twin Peaks

What's Holla Forumss thoughts on Twin Peaks?
Specifically the new remake/season that's set to come out sometime soon.
It's been 25 years.

Continuations that start years after the fact are almost never good. In fact, I'm not sure I can name a single time it's worked. I do not have high hopes for the revival of Twin Peaks.

I don't know, Frost and Lynch are behind it.

Lynch is highly unpredictable and he's directing every episode. Could be horrible, could be amazing, but well have know way of knowing till it's released. I think it's going to be nothing like people are expecting which will result in an initial backlash from a large chunk of the fan base due to how different it is from the original seasons.

Completely fell apart and became something different immediately after the mystery was solved/killer revealed.

Focused too much on stupid nonsensical side-shit like 50-year-old Cheerleader's super human highschool adventures.

wew

Perfect, so glad he could make it. Not looking forward to the ridiculously large cast, and some stupid faggots like michael pleb cera. 25 yrs in the future of Twin Peaks will be interesting.

As you know, Lynch never wanted to actually reveal who the killer was. Why did he revealed it anyway? Because the studio pushed him hard.

I guess he will have another ace up his sleeve, just like Mulholland Dr., which has no official explanation. He and Frost probably accepted the offer because they want to do something which will make the second season's generally thought awfulness go away; but the channel wants money and nothing more.

I can predict two possible scenarios:
1. People who watched the original will watch this as well. It becomes a huge success.
2. They won't gonna watch it, because they think "this will ruin the image of Twin Peaks in my head" or something. The other viewers, who have no idea what's this series about will have no clue and no understanding of the characters, so they will turn to another channel. The series will flop.

Either of those two happens, the creators must dug their heels against the shekel-providers when it comes to direction of the story, continuation, new seasons, etc.

By the way, very strangely I've just recieved a newsletter from a bookstore, which now offers Mark Frost's book The Secret Story of Twin Peaks; and then I come here and this thread pops up.

It would probably be better if they just dumped the entire old cast and made a spin off, maybe have them referenced or in guest roles. They can't recreate the season one vibe when the actors are so old.

you're a pleb tbh fam

No, any Twin Peaks fan is not afraid to change neither has an untarnished image of TP in their heads.

Is really insufferable after a while, in like that Earle came to fix shit up, but the series got canceled as it was getting good again.

He has only been involved with jews a couple times but most of his films are literally jew clean.
SJW's are very likely going to be acknowledged in the new season but really just as accepting they're part of current society, nothing more.

I'm more impressed that no big name SJW has complained about Twin Peaks.

Anyone knows why most of the updates we get are more about the music?
Besides the trailer the only production news we've gotten is that showtime is not controlling the series in anyway in fact, the execs haven't even seen what's filmed.

Ever since he found out he could earn money by filming with shitty digital cameras, he simply doesn't care anymore, he can get away with anything and people would still pay to see his movies.

That was the great stuff, like Ben Horne trying to win the Civil War for the south.

Also, what does digital cameras have to do with caring at all.
Appeal to tradition much?

If you really like it, depending on the technician you hire you can make it look identical to film man.

David Lynch is one of the few real artists left, Twin Peaks is one of his footprints. Too bad he didn't direct that many episodes.

Fuck the second season.

You're right about something.
He's a real artist,

You know, its really sad that the worst of TP is still better than most things nowadays.
There's also the fact that the original plans were to make an adventure time kind of series… intentionally… by not finishing plots and instead let them be replaced but still better than adventure time because everything was connected by the myth arc of the black lodge.
Considering that Frost managed to nearly fix the series with the introduction of Windom Earle and Lynch pretty much redeemed it with a single final episode that he came up with after he ditched the script really makes me hopeful for the new season.

David Lynch is a degenerate filmmaker tbh. Real pleb trash "artist" for trashcan people who like trash. Fact.

Why do people think he's degenerate.
It has been stated several times that aknowledginf degeneracy doesn't make you a degenerate.
Good guys are the good guys, bad guys are the bad guys, there's no apologism for their actions as well as their actions are shown as gruesome as they can be so people won't relate or make apologies for these bad guys.

If you still think he's a degenerate you should see "The straight story" it'll bring tears of happiness to your eyes Holla Forums friend.

Here is it.

Seth Rogen = David Lynch
Same thing.

Well, I guess you wanted Clinton to represent the Democrat party then.
Lynch is a Democrat who's been known for being an ignorant in politics.
But you seriously need to watch this /pol
Instead of complaining and looking like a bitter asshole you might as well try something new.
You don't have to like it, all you need to do is stop being so jaded for once.

Also I was talking about Lynch in
Seth Rogen is just plain retarded and does what he's told to do.

Gotta give it to you Holla Forums friend that's nice for just 15 minutes.

Anyways, are you actually gonna see the movie and give us your opinion or just beat the dead horse?

This movie I love.
For some reason in David Lynch movies everyone praises that it shows the dark side of happy things but forget about the good things in plain sight.
The good people and actions in Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet for example.
This movie is just good things.

Then a dead horse it is.

The book itself has a fucking trailer also see

Shlomo was going to press hard again but they're so afraid of fucking it up like ABC they just gave Lynch green card for anything.
Not even standards and practices is getting involved.

Overrated. Boring. Yokels thought they were observing art for the first time, reputation exceeds it due to this

t. Michal Bay fan.

t. same

Which one is the best plot.
For me is

Funny way of saying >laura palmer > Black Lodge > everything else

Daily reminder that Laura Palmer is the best character.

wasn't that obvious?

Ash vs. The Evil Dead is pretty solid.

What

ESB was better than ANH

The Perry Mason movies were as good as the Perry Mason series, and yards better than the Perry Mason series they did without Raymond Burr

Twin Peaks is a waste of creativity on you.

This.

It looks like shit.

Inland Empire is trash. Convoluted mess of storytelling. Only to appeal to arts-students and film-critics.

He's Elvis Costello of film-making.

You completely missed the point of the movie.

Inland Empire is a David Lynch movie about David Lynch movies. you can even hear music pieces from his previous movies in the background.

Thus why he hasn't done any movie ever since.
He has come full circle.
He just wants to end his unfinished Twin Peaks and die.

I dunno. People keep saying it's Coop.

But the best character is Major Briggs.

Not kidding though I think there's a confusion between most likeable and better written.

She didn't do anything but be a victim.

This show was terrible when i watched it as a teenager and it remains terrible now. Lynch should have left this one buried.

what a pleb

The best parts of the series is the comfy ones.